finale.

Angel
My One and Only Angel.
"There's nothing wrong. In fact, everything's perfect."
—— Chen.

It was a Sunday morning and you were still sleeping soundly on your bed. Well, that was until someone laid down beside you and hugged you from behind. The moment he hugged you, a smile went up your face and your eyes flew open.

 

“Morning.” He greeted you with a smile and gave you a peck on the cheek. “Morning.” You greeted back and gave him a smile.

“So, what does my angel want for breakfast?” He asked while playing with the strands of your hair, his chin resting against your shoulder. “Anything’s fine with me.” You answered. “Alright then.” He pulled away and was about to get off your bed but then he remembered something. He sneaked up behind you and hugged you again. You thought he was gone and was surprised with the sudden hug. “I thought you were making breakfast?” You asked him.

 

He nuzzled his face in your neck. You felt his warm breath. You were steady for a while, cherishing the moment. Things like this were rare between you two because Chen was barely around because of the hectic schedules. This was the only time you got to spend time with each other again, and you were happy. It lasted for a few minutes, then he finally spoke.

 

“Go pack your stuff later okay? We’re going home tonight.” He whispered in your ear, feeling his warm breath again. “W-What?” You turned red. “Pack your stuff. We’re going home.” He repeated with a smile. “B-But we are home, right?” You were now confused at his words.

“I’m taking you to our house later. Remember? Where umma and appa lives?” He chuckled. “But what about your schedule?” You asked. “I told our manager that I’ll be going home this week, and so they cancelled all my schedules.” He said with a smile. “Really?! They did that?!” You were surprised. SM doesn’t usually favor requests. “Yeah. It’s my first time to ask them for a request and so they let me have it.”

“But why are you leaving for a week?” You asked him again. “Because I want to see my parents and be with you. Why? You don’t like it?” He frowned. “No! I didn’t say I didn’t like it. I was just curious, that’s all.” You gave him a smile to cheer him up.

“Besides, tomorrow’s your birthday right? I want to be with my girlfriend on her special day.” He smiled and kissed you again on the cheek. “Aigoo, alright alright I’ll be packing my stuff later. Now go cook breakfast! I’m hungry!” You lightly pushed him off of you and chuckled. “Fine. Haha, you’re red!” He said as he got off from your bed. He saw your face before he left and you were blushing. “Whatever! Go cook!” You said as you covered your face with one hand and shoo-ed him away with the other. “Alright, see you later angel.” And with that, he left and went to the kitchen to cook.

 

Meanwhile, you headed for the toilet to do your daily routine. After that, you went to the kitchen to join Chen for breakfast.

“Mmm! Kimchi pancakes!” You said as you entered the kitchen and eyed the food that was prepared on the small coffee table. Chen was already seated and was only waiting for you. “So, let’s eat?” He said with a smile. “Mhmmm.” You replied. And so, both of you ate.

 

After eating breakfast, Chen washed up and went out for a while to spend time with the other EXO members before he leaves with you later. And so you were left alone in your apartment.

You watched TV and surfed the internet to pass the time. And after a few hours, it was already 4pm and you decided to pack your stuff, good for one week. After packing, you got dressed and waited for Chen to come back. An hour and a half passed and someone knocked on the door. When you opened it, it was Chen, smiling widely at you.

 

“So, you ready?” He asked.

“Yup! But how 'bout you? Have you packed your stuff?” You asked him as well.

“Psh, packed all my stuff last night. So, let’s go?”

“Mhmmm.” You nodded.

 

And after that, both of you got your stuff and went to the nearest bus stop. When the bus arrived, both of you sat down on the back seat and you rested your head on his shoulder. The ride to Chen’s house took about an hour and you fell asleep.

When the bus finally stopped, both of you went down and walked towards his house. It wasn’t long. Just took you about ten minutes to get there. When you finally arrived, his parents came running after both of you.

 

“Chen! Hea! You’re here!” Chen’s mom gave Chen a hug then after that, you. She hugged you so tight you almost ran out of air. “Aigoo! Umma! Don’t hug her too tight!” Chen chuckled.

“It’s okay Chen.” You just smiled and looked at Mrs. Kim. “Annyeonghaseyo! It’s been a long time!” You said while smiling. “Yes it is!” Mrs. Kim also smiled. “Chen, you’ve been taking care of her, right?”

“Of course!” Chen assured.

“Chen-ah, Hea-yah, why don’t we come inside for a while? Me and your umma prepared dinner. Let’s talk there.” Mr. Kim suggested. “Oh yes! Come!” Mrs. Kim dragged both of you inside the house while Mr. Kim helped you carry your stuff.

 

When you got there, all of you sat down at the dining table and ate. While eating, you were having random conversations here and there.

“Oh right! Remember the first time you took Hea here Chen?” Mr. Kim chuckled at the thought, while you turned red. “She was a sweetie the first time she came here. So shy and cute.” Mrs. Kim giggled.

“Oh yeah! That was Christmas right? She was my present to you guys.” Chen smiled and winked at you.

“Remember that honey?” Mrs. Kim asked you. “N-Neh.” You answered while blushing madly. “Aigoo! And nothing changed! Still so shy and cute!” Mrs. Kim chuckled as she got more rice and put it on her plate.

 

Well, it was like that until dinner finished. After eating, you chatted with Mrs. Kim for a while, while Chen and Mr. Kim did some catching up of their own.

A few hours passed and it was finally 11:30 pm. You had a long talk with Mrs. Kim. She told you a lot of stories and you just listened. You also told her about your life in Seoul with Chen. Well, she eventually got sleepy and dragged Mr. Kim with her in their room. While you? You went to your room. The room where you usually stay when you’re at Chen’s house.

Their house was not so big, yet not so small. It was just right. It was cozy and relaxing, especially because their house is located near the seashore. So they somehow have their own 'mini-beach', as Chen calls it.

Every time you come there, you and Chen would spend time walking by the seashore. Inhaling the fresh air and just hanging out. Freeing your minds from all the problems that both of you have in the city.

 

You were changing your clothes when someone suddenly knocked on the door. “Yes?”

“Hea? Can I come in?” Chen asked from outside.

“Ani! I’m changing!” You shouted back.

“Oh!” He chuckled. “Come by the seashore once you’re finished okay?” And with that, he left.

 

You finally finished changing. You were wearing a white dress which brought out your beauty.

And so, you went outside. You saw him sitting down on the sand and so you sat down beside him. You rested your head on top of his shoulder then he looked at you.

"So you finally finished, huh?" He slyly smiled. "Oh shut up." You playfully slapped his shoulder and he chuckled.

“Come, let’s walk.” Both of you stood up and walked by the seashore, walking hand in hand.

“So, why’d you take me here?” You asked him. “Just wanted to spend my time with you.” He gave you a cocky smile. “Right.” You just rolled your eyes and continued walking with him.

 

After a few minutes of walking, he suddenly stopped. You also stopped to look at him.

“Why? Is there something wrong?” You asked him worriedly.

“No.” He smiled. “There’s nothing wrong. In fact, everything’s perfect.” After saying that, he pulled you closer to him.

“Hea, do you love me?” He suddenly asked. You were surprised. “Of course I do! What kind of question is that?!” You lightly hit him.

“Nothing. I just wanted to hear it from you.” He smiled again then pulled you closer until both your foreheads touched. Faces only inches away from one another. He caressed your face and pulled it closer to his. Now your noses were touching. “I love you.” He said as he smiled. That breathtaking smile of his. “I love you too.” You also said with a smile.

 

Now, your lips were only inches away. Make one move and you’ll definitely kiss. You thought you were. You were actually prepared of what’s about to happen, but before you knew it, you saw him on the sand, kneeling in front of you. You were surprised.

“Hea, will you marry me?” Chen said as he pulled out a box from his pocket and revealed the content to you. It was a ring.

You were shocked. Surprised! And you can’t explain the emotions you were feeling right now. But you were sure of one thing, you were happy.

“Ch-Chen...” You turned red. “I... I... yes...” You answered with a smile, still blushing.

He gently put the ring in your finger and went back to the same position you two were at before. Foreheads touching, noses touching. He smiled. He was happy. Both of you were.

“Chen, are you sure though?” You suddenly asked. “Of course I am.” He answered. “But what if

“Shhhh...” He put his index finger on your lips. He then caressed your face. “Remember, you are my one and only angel. No one can ever separate us. And I’ve never felt like this with anyone before. You are special, always remember that, okay?” You just nodded. He smiled.

 

And after that, he pulled your face closer to his and this time, your lips met and he kissed you passionately under the moonlight at exactly 12 midnight. You can’t explain your emotions. You were too happy. You never imagined that you’ll be spending the rest of your life with Chen. Both of you released all your emotions in that kiss. It made you happy.

“I love you angel. Happy birthday and Happy Valentine’s day.” He gave you his breathtaking smile again. “I love you too Chen.” You smiled at him while blushing. “My angel.” He brought you to his chest and hugged you tightly.

With that, both of you just sat down on the sand, enjoying the waves, the air, and the scenery. And you fully knew that this was the best birthday and Valentine’s Day that you've ever had.

 


-saranghaemin
02/15/15 ; 12:00 AM
Playlist: Brand New Day - Brand New Music