Please Tell Me I'm Dreaming

Please Tell Me I'm Dreaming

Hyukjae’s Perspective

Instead of my usual routine of being woken up by my alarm clock, this morning I shot upright in bed at the sound of my roommate slamming our dorm room door. Siwon and I had the same class, yet he didn’t even bother to wake me up so I could get there on time.

I knew exactly why he did that though—it had everything to do with the caramel-haired angel who normally sat next to me in this class. With my being absent, Siwon would undoubtedly try to make a move. Also, this was unfortunately Mrs. Kwon’s class, one of the few teachers I’d never had the ability to charm my way out of tricky situations with. And to top all of this off, I was already practically failing the class.

It was just a few minutes to 9 am and my day already seemed unable to get any worse.

I scrambled out of bed, pulling a possibly unclean T-shirt over the sweatpants I wore to bed. Normally, I would never be seen dead in public wearing sweatpants. Plus, Donghae was in this class, so I felt the need to look my best. There was no time for that today, though. I had to get to class before 9 o’clock, which was when it started, and Mrs. Kwon is very serious about her student’s promptness to her class.

If I got there in time there would be no problems. Siwon wouldn't get another opportunity to make a move like this. And my good buddy Junsu had done some digging around for me, finding out that Donghae was currently single.

But damn, if he said yes to Siwon…well, that would give him bragging rights for the rest of the semester. No, make that the rest of the year. Not even, make that the rest of eternity. No matter what, I would never hear the end of it. On top of that, Donghae was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen, and pretty much the entire school population agreed with me. If that wasn't enough, he had to be a genuinely nice person, who was also extremely intelligent and completely unaware of his good looks. God, just being in the same room as him made every other person, guy or girl take a hit to their self-esteem.

No, Siwon was definitely not good enough for Donghae. Hell, I wasn’t even good enough for Donghae, but he seemed to enjoy chatting with me, always hovering at the end of class and walking with me to the door. He never did that for Siwon.

So today, I had planned to ask him to grab some breakfast with me after class. Yep, I was finally going to ask him out. But it was supposed to me be asking him, not Choi ing doucheface Siwon. Ugh. Donghae needed saving from his company. All he would do is contaminate his beautiful mind.

I legged it out of my dorm after slipping on my shoes and grabbing my books I needed. Taking two steps at a time, I checked my watch. Two minutes until class, and then I would be officially late, allowing Siwon to take my seat next to Donghae. I could not let that happen. Thankfully living on campus made the walk to my class only about five minutes normally, so I hoped booking it would get me there sooner.

I picked up the pace, basically sprinting now. The building was literally just around the corner, and with 30 seconds left I should easily make it. However, with how my day had been going so far, naturally I ended up tripping over my hastily tied shoelaces, sending me flying and hitting my head with a resounding thump on a lamp post.

, that was painful.

Putting a hand to my head, I winced as I ran it over the tender area, checking to make sure there was no blood. Luckily my hand came away dry—my first good luck for the day. Hopefully it wouldn’t stop here.

I clambered to my feet, feeling dizzy as the world spun quickly around me. But I tailed it once again towards my class, stumbling slightly on the way, feeling my head pound and noticing my vision begin to blur. I recognized these as signs of a concussion and knew I should probably get myself over to First Aid. But if I did that, I would miss class…and Donghae.

I decided I would go after class was over. After I had secured a date with Donghae.

Just as I was thinking that, I pushed open the building doors where my class was located and made my way down the hall to my class. I glanced at my watch, and it was unfortunately now 9:02 and I was officially late. Fighting against the haze, I tried to remember the way to my classroom—left, right, right and it was the door straight ahead.

I finally made it to said door and fumbled my way in. Thirty pairs of eyes turned to stare at me as I scanned the room. Mrs. Kwon was standing next to the blackboard, hand waving around a complicated looking diagram.

“Ah, Mr. Lee,” she said unpleasantly when she noticed me. “I was beginning to wonder if you had the intention of showing up for class today. Nevertheless, you seem to have decided to turn up late, dressed inappropriately and clearly not sober due to the fact you appear to be swaying dangerously on your feet. Sit down, before you serve to embarrass yourself more than you’ve already done.”

I gulped and looked over the classroom, simply not wanting to have to look at Mrs. Kwon any longer and plopped myself down in the nearest available seat. Not my usual seat, next to Donghae, which was unsurprisingly occupied by Siwon. I ped my backpack and reached inside it to take out my books, only to discover I’d brought every single text, notebook and binder I own except for the ones needed for this class, which included the essay that was due today. Of course.

“What seems to be the problem, Hyukjae?” asked the left version of Mrs. Kwon, no wait, it was the right. I squinted hard, then realized I was experiencing double vision. It was odd and very distracting.

“Did you even just hear a word of what I just said?”

“Word of what, sorry?” I managed to force out through my heavy tongue.

Honestly, I’d never seen Mrs. Kwon look so irate, and I knew what was coming. Mrs. Kwon was infamous for her hour-long rants whenever she got angry, and right now, she looked angry. The rest of the class was going to kill me for provoking her like this.

“Mr. Lee, are you seriously trying to tell me that not only were you late for class, dressed entirely inappropriately, but have also forgotten your essay due today, worth half of your final grade?”

I nodded slowly, trying not to hurt my head anymore. Whoa, did somebody just turn the lights out? Or was there a dimmer in the room somewhere? Maybe someone had drawn the blinds down because we were going to watch a movie or something.

I yawned loudly, causing Mrs. Kwon to splutter in outrage. Whoops. But I was just so gosh darn tired. Damn, I was tired. Maybe Dragon Lady wouldn’t notice if I just went to sleep, maybe if I just casually put my head down on my desk she wouldn’t see…

Ah, that’s better. The cold hardness of the desk was actually rather soothing against my cheek.

The sound of rustling came from in front of me and I heard high heels click along the floor.

“Donghae, is there a problem?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

Another amazing thing about Donghae is that everyone loved him. Teachers included. People of all ages were drawn to him and he was universally admired by everyone.

“Mrs. Kwon, would you mind if I moved back a row?” Donghae asked, and I felt my heart pump faster at the sound of his voice – he had a really nice voice.

Unfortunately for him, unnecessary requests were another of Mrs. Kwon’s pet peeves. So even though this was Donghae, we were still about to get treated to another one of her tirades.

“And what possible reason, Donghae, do you have for wanting to sit there?” Mrs. Kwon shot back harshly, and I looked up and over to get a view of what was going down. “Is there a valid answer whatsoever for your interruption of my lesson?”

The entire class had turned to look at Donghae now. It was rare that he was ever reprimanded, he was just so perfect.

He muttered something, looking down at the floor, clearly upset.

“What was that, Donghae? I didn’t hear you.”

“I don’t feel comfortable sitting in this seat,” Donghae repeated, still quiet.

“Oh, but of course,” Mrs. Kwon said mockingly. “I’m ever so sorry, Donghae. Do you need a cushion for your perky little bottom because you’re just so much better than the rest of us?”

Donghae lost it.

“No, Mrs. Kwon, I do not require a cushion for my . What I do require however is a different person sitting next to me, someone who will respect my personal boundaries and remove his hand from my thigh,” he stated, loud enough for the class to hear every word.

“Oh,” Mrs. Kwon replied, clearly a little taken aback. “Well, that’s a little different then.”

I didn’t hear what else Mrs. Kwon, said, choosing instead to look over and glare at Siwon, plotting all the ways I was going to make his life a living hell. He was touching somebody inappropriately without permission, in the middle of class no less. If he had treated anybody with such disrespect, I would have gladly beaten the out of him, but to do it to my Donghae—the er was going to die.

Preferably slowly and painfully.

But right after I'd had a nap.

I vaguely heard Mrs. Kwon say something about partners, before everything went black.

I awoke blearily, something shaking me. Opening my eyes, I realized quickly that none other than Donghae was gently tugging at my shoulder, with one hand on my thigh. His lips were pressed close to my ear and every time he took a breath his bottom lip brushed the lobe of my ear.

, I should never have worn sweatpants.

So now I was landed in the middle of class with a the size of Jupiter that clearly was not going to go away without some form of release.

Donghae’s lips were excruciatingly close as he whispered, “We need to meet up, we have a partner’s assignment due next week. I'll explain everything later, because you just missed her talking for the past 40 minutes.” He then breathed in my ear, “After all, it shouldn't be hard for me to fill you in,” before sliding his hand up my thigh and tantalizingly close to where I really needed it, before moving it away completely.

My was officially hard enough to batter Siwon to death all by itself. Dead puppies, dead kittens, grandma Lee, Grandma Lee on a beach, Siwon kissing Grandma Lee on a beach with a .

HOW WAS THIS NOT WORKING?

Oh yeah, the object of many ion sessions and wet dreams had just ran his hand up my thigh, seduced me and yet was sitting there with a completely innocent look on his face.

Well, me.

Literally.

Please? Anything to get rid of this goddamned .

I shifted my chair closer to the desk, desperate to conceal my 's state from the rest of the class. My forehead felt clammy, and when I ran my hand over it, my hand came away damp with sweat. I should have never come to this ing class, this was officially the worst idea of the century.

Mrs. Kwon said something and the class erupted into noise, I just wanted to tell them all to be quiet, couldn't they hear how loud they were? And was it just me or were there way more than 30 people in here?

Donghae was speaking. “Well partner, we have lots to do, let's get started.” He picked up a pen and began to write, his hand shooting across the paper. I just looked at him blankly, having no idea what we were doing seeing as I had slept through the explanation. My god, since when did Donghae have an identical twin? Donghae was prettier than his twin by far though, I mean it was clear that he was the right one, or maybe it was the left. God, two Donghaes. My thoughts immediately drifted to the possibilities that that would hold.

And my ing twitched.

I must have drifted off into a daze gawping at Donghae, because before I knew it a very furious teacher was standing, hands on hips, feet spread and fuming in front of me.

“We have been working for three quarters of an hour, and all you have to show for it is a blank piece of paper? How dare you even come into this class if you were not prepared to pull your weight. Poor Donghae, he's been slaving away whilst you've sat here gormlessly like the imbecile that you are. Wait a minute, what have you got in your lap, Hyukjae?”

I was switched off, my eyes blurred and back slouched until I heard her practically scream, “What's that?” Goddammit woman, can you keep your voice down a little. Oh , I'm going to faint, I'm going to faint.

“...insolent little boy, having your phone out on top of everything else. If I have my way you will be kicked right out of this class and I will never...”

Oh thank god, she's started on someone else. I didn't even bring my phone today, didn't have time to grab it.

“...and shoving it down your pants, that thing is huge, how could I fail to notice...”

Someone put their phone down their pants? The idiot, texting in class requires a lot more finesse than that. And I'm going to faint, going going...

And then Ms. Kwon decided to wrap her hands around my and squeeze. Firmly.

Needless to say I fainted.

Please let this be a ing dream.

When I came to I was either in the school nurse's office or the hospital. They both had the same florescent spotlight lighting that annoyed the crap out of you so ing much. I quickly became aware of a cold wetness on my forehead, a weight on my chest and some sort of stickiness in my pants. If I've peed myself, my life will officially be over.

“Uhm, Hyukjae, that's not pee.” The weight on my chest shifted and I was able to sit myself up. It came to my attention rather quickly that my waking up had interrupted a rather vivid dream I was having; my god, now even my mind was ing me.

, please say I didn't say that out loud.

“Hyukjae, I can hear you, you know.”

“I'm dreaming,” I muttered, praying it was true. “I'm dreaming I'm dreaming I'm dreaming. This day has been too ing awful for it to be anything but a dream.” I glanced around the bright room, noticing Donghae, who was sitting across from me on one of the two beds in the school nurse's room.

“Uhm, Hyukjae,” Donghae said. “Don’t shoot the messenger, but unless this is like some alternate reality, it isn’t a dream.”

“Great…just…great.”

Donghae looked over at me through his eyelashes, batting them gently, innocently. “It can't have been that bad…you can tell me about it if you want?”

I figured that the day couldn't get any worse, and maybe this way I would get some understanding from someone.

“I didn't wake up this morning because my roommate had sabotaged my alarm so I was late to class, I tripped over my shoelaces and fell into a lamppost, in the process landing myself a concussion, I arrived at class dressed inappropriately, without my essay, only to find Siwon making the moves on my guy.”

By this point I was so deep into my rant that all sense of verbal filter had disappeared and I didn't give a . Nothing could possibly make this day any worse, so maybe if I went out on a limb and got the humiliation over and done with quickly, I could retreat to my wounds in peace with only the slightest mental scarring.

It may or may not have also crossed my mind that I could possibly get a sympathy date out of all of this.

“Then Siwon takes things too far so now I have to kill my roommate. Somehow the boy of my dreams ends up sitting next to me, acting all coy and only to seduce me and give me the biggest of my life. The teacher then proceeded to confuse my phone with my and try to confiscate it. Thankfully I passed out from my concussion before I could pass out from sheer embarrassment. Oh, and just to top things off I think somewhere between the teacher feeling me up and waking up to the guy of my dreams with me, I think I've managed to piss myself.”

I took a deep breath, ecstatic to have got that all out without being laughed at. Donghae was currently looking at me with a small smile on his face. He then proceeded to remind me, “I thought I told you, that's not piss.”

“Well what the is it then, Donghae, please enlighten me!”

“I’ll just say…you have a pretty o-face…I almost came myself just looking at it.”

Please say I didn't have a wet dream.

“You didn't have a wet dream, Hyukjae,” Donghae deadpanned.

“Stop reading my mind!”

“It’s not my fault if your verbal filter has gone walkabouts.”

Donghae and I both looked at each other and burst out laughing. God he was beautiful, even if I had just had a wet dream while he watched. Maybe next time he can participate, said the angel on my shoulder. My devil was making lewd hand gestures and ing his hips comically.

It was about that time when I realized that I was as hard as rock. Seriously, if I gave my a name right now it would be like that rock Pokémon Onyx or whatever, because seriously, it felt like my had seen Medusa.

A few seconds later I realized that Donghae was staring at its outline, clearly visible in my sweatpants. I decided that everything had already gone to and said, “Enjoying the view, Donghae?”

I almost sensed his eyes darken and that beautiful, mischievous smile of his grew.

“Oh, I like it alright…but trust me, I got a much better show half an hour ago. Now I would have paid to see that.”

Damn, this guy was not giving up on having the upper hand, was he?

“Well, I hope you bought a season ticket,” I shot back, thinking quickly on my feet, “because we also run... interactive sessions.”

Donghae gulped, finally revealing the effect I had on him. It was invigorating to see that effect I had on him was just as great as the effect he had on me. God, I wanted to him. NO, the little voice inside my head yelled. YOU DON'T A BOY LIKE DONGHAE. Since when did the little voice inside my head start speaking in capitals?

Visions of Donghae on a bed covered in rose petals came to me, as I inside of him slowly, whispering promises of forever into his ear.

Holy , my subconscious wants to marry Donghae. Oh it, who am I kidding? I want to marry Donghae!

I am such a stalker.

Right Hyukjae, here's the plan of action. Get to know him, ask him out. Make him fall in love with you, meet the parents, get his dad's permission, marry him, finally and then have lots of little babies. Or adopt, you know whatever. Oh and at some point rub all of that in Siwon’s face.

But first, woo the kid...

I turned to face Donghae, flashing him what I hoped was a charming, slightly cocky smile and said to him, “Let me make up for how atrociously I've behaved today. Let me take you out for dinner and get to know you.”

Donghae’s eyes softened. “It would be my pleasure, Hyukjae.”

“No, Donghae, the pleasure is all mine.” And from the current situation in my pants, I was sure of the absolute truth of that statement.

*~*~*

DONE! Marked as completed, so don’t even ask this time, lol.

Thanks for reading! :)