Time Machine

Time Machine


July 1, 2012

10:00 PM

It was a cold snowy night. By the fireplace, you could hear the sound of the fire's sparks. Gyuri walked towards a chalkboard where the numbers 19 until 1 was written. She crossed all the numbers out then smiled as she crossed out the number 1, leaving the words "D-day" unmarked. She walked around, marvelling at the rotating gold gears on the wall. She stopped at a corner, kneeling down on floor to get a better look at the person sleeping soundly on the bed. That person is a young boy, also one of her grandfather's creation, who is supposed to wake up when Gyuri becomes an adult. His name is Lee Sungmin. She looked at him lovingly, his soft but cold cheeks with the palm of his hands.

"Wake up, please." she pleaded but the sleeping boy still didn't opened his eyes nor moved even just a bit.

Her lips formed a pout while she wait for him to wake up. She rested her head on the bed, playing with his fingers while she thinks about the future, when Sungmin is already awake so Gyuri will have someone to accompany her, so she won't be alone anymore. With her pen, she drew a wrist watch on his wrist. As she daydream, she suddenly got an idea. She headed towards her grandfather's table where he makes his inventions. She looked around the room thinking what things she will need then started looking for them. Once she got everything, she started on her work.

Whispering secrets while looking at a watch

My heart's desperate story

It's okay to harm my form

The more you demand

I like it

Say my name

She fixed her glasses then continue on tightening the screws on her creation. It's already been an hour since she started working. She cleared then wiped the beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

I'm scared that my heart would be revealed through the gaps between my fingers

It's too much for my heart

I'm sad

Wait a little longer and wait for me

You and I, it can't be yet

I want to pester the watch more but

In the future in which you are present

Say my name

Gyuri rested her head on her left arm on the table, her right hand weakly dropped the small hammer she was using. She her eyelids slowly closed as she drift to Dreamland.

 

July 2, 2012

11:30 AM

Gyuri opened her eyes then squinted as the sun's bright rays greeted her with a 'Good Morning.' Her sleepiness suddenly disappeared as soon as she saw Sungmin's sleeping form.

"Oh?! I fell asleep! Aigoo..." She looked for the small hammer she dropped last night then continued her unfinished work. "Can't stop...Must keep working...Gotta finish this..."

I'll be an adult in a blink of an eye

You'll probably recognize me,

You'll probably remember me

Right, that peculiar child

I liked your figure as it shone through the gaps of my fingers

She grabbed the magnifying glass, she needs to make sure that every piece is place properly or else, it wouldn't work. A track of toy train surrounds the workplace. Gyuri curiously looked at the train, where it showed images of the future, her future with him;

They were in a train, she was sleeping and is leaning on Sungmin shoulder. He smiled then wrapped his arms around her.

Gyuri smiled widely at the thought of this, making her more eager and determine to finish her creation. This creation of hers is a time machine, so she'll be able to go to future when he's already awake. She worked even faster, she wants to finish it by tonight. Time was ticking. She assembled the gears on her creation to finish it. It was around 11:55 but she finished it anyway. The time machine looks like a phone booth, but without the telephone. She looked at her creation proudly then went to Sungmin.

"I'll see you soon...I hope you'll know me...S-saranghae..." She held the last piece of gear she was holding more tightly. She gave Sungmin a peck on his forehead then went to the time machine. She made sure everything was placed correctly before closing the door of the time machine.  Time is 11:59...just one more minute before her 20th birthday.

She placed the last gear on its place. The gears started moving slowly. She set the time then closed her eyes.

"Please work...Please work..." she chanted. She opened her eyes again when she felt the time machine rotating slowly. As the seconds pass by, it rotated faster and faster. She smiled then bit her lower lips, her creation is a success! Her smile grew bigger. "I'm gonna see him awake soon!"

As I twist it with my fingertips,

I say "hey watch hands, run"

Fly a little faster

I closed my eyes and casted a spell

You and I, we still have a little left

I don't know what day or what time

Just in case, in the future in which you are present

If I'm lost

To help me recognize you,

Say my name

The clock's small hand met with the big hand as the time turned 12. Sungmin's finger stirred, his eyes slowly opened as he woke up from his long slumber. He rose up then looked around. He saw the golden time machine surrounded with shining gold glitters as it rotated. Inside it, he saw a girl. As he walked near it to get a better look, the time machine stopped revolving and the girl was gone. His eyes turned watery. He pulled the sleeves of his sweater up. A tear drop fell as he saw the drawing of the clock.

"That must be her...She's...gone?"

 

July 3, 2020

The door chimes rang as Sungmin entered the shop. He looked at his wrist watch as he wait by the counter. It was 10:30, the same time that was drawn on his wrist about 8 years ago. The girl behind the counter turned around, their eyes met but she looked away immediately. She gave her package he bought. He took it, bowed slightly then thanked her. He walked away, towards the door. He opened it but stopped after taking a step. He remembered something...someone. The girl was writing something on the notepad when he turned around. She looked up at him. His lips slowly forming a smile, she smiled back.

"G-gyuri?"

 

Sungmin looked at the window. It's a snowy day but nonetheless 'twas a happy day. Gyuri leaned her head on Sungmin's shoulder as she fell asleep. He smiled as he looked at her. He wrapped his arms around her then kissed her forehead. The action woked Gyuri up.

"Sungmin ah?" she groggily said, sitting up straight.

Sungmin leaned in to give her a kiss on the lips. It was a sweet one, one that they've for a long time to happened. After a minute or two, they parted.

I'm scared that my heart would be revealed through the gaps between my fingers

It's too much for my heart when I'm sad

But I've waited to long and you've waited too

You and I

It's now happening.

We're now in the future in which you are present

Say my name

"Happy Birthday Gyuri yah" he greeted her with a smile, she smiled back. 

 



Here's it!

I hope you like it!

xD

I've just watched IU's You and I

And I just loved the MV

I got so inspired by the meaning of the MV that I decided to write a one-shot of it.

And boy also looked like Sungmin from a far xD

I also decided to write a one-shot because today is my 1 year anniversary as an ELF!

I hope you like it!

Here's the MV by the way.