Chapter 10

That's Why I Love You

 

Today’s Monday, school was starting again. It’s not raining anymore. Donghae came to school too early than before, he couldn’t sleep properly last night. He thought, if he could come to school earlier, he would forget about what had happened two days ago. Here he was, entering the gate without spirit.
 
 
“Morning, Hae!” someone greeted him from behind.
 
 
Donghae was enjoying with his own world startled. He almost jump because of the greeting.
 
 
“Ouch! I’m sorry, Hae. Are you okay?” someone who was greeting him apologized to him.
 
 
He turned his head until he gazed that person. His expression changed into frown. ‘Why is he here?’ he asked to himself.
 
 
“Sungmin?”
 
 
“Yeah, it’s me. Are you okay?” Sungmin asked again, patting Donghae’s shoulder. His eyes full of curiosity.
 
 
“No, I’m not okay.” He replied rudely.
 
 
“Oh, I’m sorry.” Sungmin felt really sorry to him. “Hae, did you hear about the accident on Saturday night two days ago?”
 
 
Donghae pretended not to hear a single word from Sungmin’s mouth, but the other was holding his arm tightly. It made him couldn’t concentrate.
 
 
“I heard that from my Dad. He said that the boy was from our school. I wonder who he was.”
 
 
‘No, I don’t.’ Donghae thought. “Me too. I wonder too.”
 
 
“Ah! How are you two? I hope I could have one boyfriend like Hyukjae.”
 
 
Donghae, who heard that sentence made a glance to the other over his shoulder. It made him wanted to slap him. But Sungmin looked like he didn’t notice a change expression Donghae made.
 
 
“We are fine.”
 
 
“Really?” Sungmin looked at Donghae. “He called me two days ago, he said you two had a little problem, but, if it’s okay I’m sorry, Hae."
 
 
“What are you two talking about?” one girl approached them.
 
 
“No, no, nothing. Why?” Sungmin asked, narrowing his eyes.
 
 
“I just wonder you two were talking about the boy on that accident.” She said. “I heard it from the other. They talked about it. I want to know who he was.”
 
 
 
Donghae POV
 
“I hope he would be safe.” I spoke and walked away.
 
 
“Hae?” Sungmin called me. I could hear him, but I didn’t want to look at him. It’s not my business at all.
 
 
In my heart, I wanted to know too, who was he? Why he got the accident? I remembered Eunhyuk, at that night was raining, he used his car. I knew him so well; he couldn’t use his car by himself in the night. He had ever got a little accident. Fortunately, he was safe… by me. I was afraid he’s him. No, it couldn’t be.
 
 
Even though I was not near him, I wished he’s fine and nothing happened to him. But, why was my heart beating so fast? He’s not him, right? No, it’s not him.
 
 
I entered the class and sat besides an empty chair. He’s not coming yet. Was he late? He’s the one on time boy I ever met. Maybe he’s late. I hoped.
 
 
I heard the door behind me opened and closed again with a loud bang. I was realized, the other students were there even Sungmin with his some annoying friends. I took a glance over him. He looked so happy today. It’s disgusting. I looked at the boy who was closing the door with pissing of face.
 
 
“I hate her!” someone behind him yelled.
 
 
“What’s wrong?” the other student asked.
 
 
Silence.
 
 
“We have some tests today. She said to me awhile ago.”
 
 
“Yes, she did.”
 
 
The boy was our secretary and the boy behind him was his vice. It’s the time. Our teacher we hate -yes we, all of the class hate her- had made today became worst day ever. I was not in my mood to do anything. She entered the class and put her things on the table. With her old face, she spoke up.
 
 
“Today is your second test with me. I hope you can do the best.” She walked towards us, giving us the paper; you must know what it was. When she stopped besides me, she smiled sweetly, but annoyed. “I hope you're the one who can get ‘A’ for it. And, where’s Eunhyuk-shii?”
 
 
“I don’t know. Ma’am.” I said, almost like a whisper.
 
 
“I see… he didn’t send a letter to me.” She spoke and walked away. “Yah! Where’s he?” she yelled at the other student.
 
 
I turned my head to the right side. I heard he said that his friend was sick, he’s in the hospital.
 
 
“Why didn’t he send me a letter?” she yelled again.
 
 
“I’m sorry, Ma’am, I don’t know.” He replied, scared.
 
 
 
After we done with the tests, she spoke to us with her sympathy tone. 
 
 
“Headmaster said to us, the teachers, that one of student of your class had an accident Saturday night ago.” She stopped before speaking again. “But, I knew it’s not true. It couldn’t be. He said that he’s in comma.”
 
 
What?! Comma? No, it couldn’t be him. It must be the other who didn’t come today right on my right side. I was sure he’s stressed because of me that was why Eunhyuk didn’t come today.
 
 
 
“Hae?” someone startled me. I looked at him and found Sungmin stood next to me.
 
 
“What?” I asked.
 
 
“Are you okay?”
 
 
“Yes.”
 
 
“No, I know you are not.” He protested. “Is there something wrong with you and Hyukkie? Why he didn’t come today?”
 
 
“Why don’t you call him now? You are close enough to him, right?” I almost yelled at him. I wanted to punch him right away.
 
 
“Hae? Why are you like this? I’m sorry for bothering you.” He apologized to me. “Hae…”
 
 
“Stop! I don’t want to hear anything about him or whatever. Excuse me!” I ran towards the door with tears falling down through my cheeks.
 
 
They made me even worst. I hate them. I hate Eunhyuk! I hate Sungmin! I hate my life! I hate this world! It’s not what I wanted. All I wanted was to be happy, with someone special beside me. But, I was not the lucky one who deserved such a thing.
 
 
I kept walking through the corridor; passing another student and reached one place I always visited to calm myself. And now, it’s the right time to do that. I opened the door and looking for a good place, so I could sit there. It’s rooftop. Place that my heart always felt calm.
 
 
There were two chairs there. I took a seat and wiped my tears away. I felt the wind blown me. It’s so cold. I was not doing anything in this pace, I just wanted to sit peacefully, heard the wind through the air. Looking at the sky and admiring some birds flying in the air cheerfully. I hope I could to be like those birds. Unfortunately, I was not.
 
 
When I almost could peacefulness, the door opened. Someone entered it and ran towards me with red eyes. I looked at him and I knew who he was.
 
 
“Sungmin?” l said to me.
 
 
Before him talking he took a deep breath and approached me.
 
 
“He is in…” he stopped but kept walking.
 
 
“Who?”
 
 
"Hyu… Hyukkie… he’s in the hospital now. Comma.”
 
-----------------------------------------
 
 
 
hebteuk:: it's about time, Kangin will realize that he loves Teuk also.. oh by the way, here's the naxt, hope you ejoy :))
 
angelye :: for you baby ^_^
 
tifane:: i can't speak anymore, you make me happy with your long comments.. i want to hug you dear.. #some here#
hope you enjoy this chapter ne.. :))