Enough Time

Close My Eyes

Lee Minhyuk || B-Bomb


Minhyuk sat inside the crowded coffee shop, gazing around at the other patrons that sat inside the warm, cosy buliding. How lucky, Minhyuk thought. How lucky they all were to be able to live their lives as if nothing was wrong. How lucky they all were to have enough time. He sighed, watching passersby flit across the large window of the shop like the leaves that fell from the tall trees that lined the streets. He hated the passing by of the seasons. As each leaf fell from the giant trees outside, he was only reminded that his time was running out. His limited time, like grains of sand, slipped through his fingers fading away and becoming unattainable. How he wished he could collect those grains of time, each piece one by one. How he wished he could turn back time, turn back the falling leaves, turn back the revolving Earth. If he could, he would have given all of his time to her.

Just like the leaves outside, her time on the branches of life was fleeting, and Minhyuk had watched her wither away right before his eyes. He had watched her turn from the beautiful, blooming flower that she was into a withered shell of her old self. Time had not done her any justice. Time was cruel to her. There he sat, in the small coffee shop, admiring the twirling leaves while she lay in her bed, slowly drifting away. Minhyuk didn’t have enough time.