Term Paper

Define Math: Hell.

“Wake up this instant!” Mr Kim, your math teacher yelled. Your eyes popped open as you yawned and looked at him, annoyed. You always slept during math lessons. Why? Because you hated math, and well… You didn’t get math. You couldn’t do math. You believed that math and you were enemies in your past life. Or you may have murdered someone named Math in your past life, therefore, Math is back to get revenge. “When will you ever take math seriously?” Mr Kim nagged. Again.

“For the love of the God above, bless me. STOP NAGGING, PLEASE,” you groaned before using the palms of either hands to cover your ears in an attempt to block out his voice.

“Math is very important for you to-” “RIIIIIIINGGGGGG!” The school bell cut off his words. You clasped your hands together, raised them up, and shook a couple of times, whispering dramatically, “Thank you, God. My prayers are answered!”You grabbed your bag and fled the classroom.

Rushing to your locker, you unlocked it and put your heavy math textbook in. You took your Literature book out for the next class and checked the time. 10:21am. You still had 9 minutes before the next lesson started. You closed your eyes and yawned, and felt a hand cover your mouth, as another hand slid around your waist.

Shocked, you turned around and saw your boyfriend of 1 year and a half chuckling at you. “Yah!” you pushed his shoulder, “You scared me!” He laughed and pulled you close, planting a sweet kiss to your cheek as usual.

“Close your mouth when you yawn. Demons will enter if you don’t,” he warned with his deep voice.

“How old are you? Believing in this nonsense!” you made a face at him. He mock gasped, and pinched your cheeks. “So how was math?” he asked as he slung an arm around your shoulders.

You closed your locker and sheepishly smiled. “Er, I..” you were stumped. You knew he’d get mad if you were sleeping.

“You slept, didn’t you?” he stood in front of you and bent down until his head was leveled with your’s. You tried to avoid eye contact, but he commanded, “Look at me.” Your eyes snapped to his and he stared. “Did you sleep in math or not?”

Your gaze dropped as you nodded. “I’m sorry,” you whispered guiltily.

He sighed loudly and lightly gave your head a noogie. “Aigoo, why is my girlfriend such a pig?”

“Yah!” you protested, feeling the guilt seep away. “I didn’t want to. It’s just sooo boring!” He placed his hands on your shoulders and squeezed.

“There’s an upcoming math term paper this week. How’re you gonna pass?” he asked, seriously now. You shrugged and he sighed again. “I’m gonna tutor you,” he said firmly.

“WHAT? NO,” you shook your head furiously. You didn’t want your boyfriend to think you were stupid. Not that you were, but to him, math was like breathing oxygen. But to you, math was like trying to climb Mount Everest; extremely difficult but possible.

“Everyone knows you’re my girlfriend. I’m always the first for math every year, and you’re the last. Every year. Everyone’s asking me why I don’t tutor you. So here, I’m gonna tutor you and you’re gonna pass this paper. Got it?” he explained. You sighed, giving up. You knew that Chanyeol wasn’t the kind to back down. Slowly, you nodded. “Good. Class is about to start. Go on. I’ve to rush for Chemistry,” he nudged you. 

You puckered up your lips slightly for a goodbye kiss as usual. He ducked down and pecked your lips lightly. Swiftly, you slid your hands around his neck and kissed him deeper before he could pull away. He struggled initially, but you felt him relax as he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer to him. His lips and yours fit perfectly together and the both of you moved in rhythm.

He suddenly pulled away and chuckled. “Not now,” he warned with a cheeky smile. “Later,” he whispered as he kissed you once more, a quick, chaste kiss. You smiled and nodded at him before going into the classroom.

*

School ended and you waited for Chanyeol at the school’s pond. You sat on the old wooden bench and swung your legs as you waited for him. After a few minutes, you heard running steps nearing. “Sorry, baby,” Chanyeol panted as he said.

“It’s okay,” you shrugged with a smile. You kissed his cheek and slid your hand in his. With fingers interlocked, the both of you walked back to his house.

Upon reaching, you kicked your shoes off and changed into his house’s slippers. You ran to the kitchen and greeted his mom, “Annyeonghaseyo, Omonim,” and kissed her cheek. You were really close to his parents.

“Oh, you’re here?” Chanyeol’s mother laughed. “Have dinner here tonight, okay?” You nodded as Chanyeol walked in. “You took so long to come in and greet me?” his mother jokingly complained.

“Because your future daughter-in-law here kicked off her shoes, and they flew everywhere. I had to go pick them up. Sorry, omma,” he grinned and kissed his mom on her cheek.

You blushed when he talked about your shoes. “Sorry,” you mumbled sheepishly. He shook his head with a smile and took your hand. “We’re starting so quickly?” you sighed.

“Yes,” he announced and pulled you up to his room. You sat on his bed like it was your’s. “You wanna bathe?” he asked as he threw you his shirt and his boxers with a towel. You nodded and went into his toilet.

After the bath, you came out in his shirt and his boxers looking oversized on you. He was lying on the bed, flipping through a magazine. He looked up and smiled as he bit down his lower lip. You walked to him and plopped down. He hugged your waist as he kissed your cheek. “I like it when you wear my clothes,” he whispered huskily.

You laughed and put your hands out, “Give them all to me then!” He turned around and got something. Swiftly, he put a math assessment book on your outstretched hands. You could only sigh.

“Let’s start, come on,” he laughed.

*

After 3 hours of math, and some kisses, you laid on his bed. “I. Hate. Math,” you groaned. “Can we pleeeeease stop?”

He sighed and nodded. He pushed all the books on the bed aside and laid down beside you. As if it was automatic, he opened his arms right at the moment you hugged his waist. You pressed your face to his neck and breathed in. He hugged you tighter and kissed your temple.

“I wanna pass math, so badly. That way, you won’t be embarassed of me,” you whispered.

He kept still for awhile before pulling away slightly to look at you. “I’m not embarassed of you. What made you think that?” he asked gently.

“Nothing. It’s just that, you’re so good in math. And I at it. The same test we both took last term… I scored 4/80. And you scored 78/80! You were first in the whole level, and the second scored 64/80. I was last, and the second-last scored at least 39/80… See the difference? I’m just stupid,” You sighed.

He pulled the both of you up in a sitting position. “You’re not stupid. You just hate math. That’s why. And it doesn’t matter to me whether you’re good at math or not. I love you, the you who hates math, the you who fails math. Do you understand?”

You nodded and sighed, “Ok. Let’s do it. I’m gonna pass. At least a pass.” He nodded and the tutoring continued. For the whole night.

*

Finally, the test results. It was coming back today and for once, you were awake during math. “The paper this time was an easy one. More than 3/4 of the class passed. The ones who always fail, failed.” Your heart dropped. I guess the 14 hours of doing math didn’t work… “Lee _____,” Mr. Kim called you up. You dragged your feet to his table and took the piece of paper he threw.

Flipping it over, you saw 41. You sighed, thinking you failed. But when your partner squealed and hugged you, you blinked. “YOU PASSED!” she spazzed. Your eyes widened as you checked the score again. 41. OVER 80. YOU PASSED.

When the bell rang, you ran to Chanyeol, who was waiting at your locker. His eyes were full of curiousity. Unable to hide your happiness, you threw your arms over neck. “I passed!” you squealed.

“I knew you would!” he hugged you back before pulling away.

“I got 41/80,” you smiled brightly. “You?”

“Full marks,” he smiled.

“I don’t feel so great anymore,” you looked at him.”It was a super hard paper for me!”

“It wasn’t so hard..” he whispered, and you slapped his arm.

“IT WAS!” you protested.

“And you passed!” he pulled you closer to him. “Reward!” he announced and kissed you suddenly.

“But-” you tried to speak when he stopped. But he cut you off with another kiss and pulled away.

“I-” He kissed you again. He gazed at you and you gazed back at him. Smiling, you stood on your tiptoes and kissed him. You hugged his neck as he held your waist. pulling away, you chuckled. “Thanks for tutoring me, teacher.”

“No problem,” he whispered as he leaned his foreheard against yours.

“I love you,” you murmured. His smile widened and he kissed you again.

 

~~~~~~

THE END! How was it? :) Comment more! Hahahahahahaha!

CHANYEOL. <3