PREFACE.

Pinocchio Love

 

The corridor was so busy with the noise of students chattering to each other, the tramps of their feet walking in groups and the giggles that accompanied when they saw him. Leaning against the wall, he craned forward to get a better view. Sometimes he flashed his shining teeth and winked at those girls.

Girls.

He sighed.

His eyes then shone in excitement when he saw a girl was troubling about carrying a box and adjusting her tote bag on her shoulder. He quickly sprung to her.

 

She stood there, transfixed. She almost dropped the box and her tote bag when she saw him leaning against the wall. Aish, she whined. She did not expect to that he will show up. He was flashing his seven hundred megawatt smile by the time she noticed him. Funny, it was not for her the smile for but, her heart skipped a beat. She raised a brow and wrinkled her forehead. Too many things needed to be registered in her head. Still flirting during this time?

She immediately pretended to be busy with the box and her tote bag when she realized those eyes were averted to her direction. In just a few seconds he was already in front of her, still flashing that seven hundred megawatt smile.

“Let me help you.”

 

They were walking side by side. Silent dominating the air when suddenly he broke it, “I don’t see you this morning.”

“Of course you don’t. You’re too busy flirting,”she snapped mentally. She had wanted to say that since few days ago. But then she shook her head. Plastering a smile over her face, she said, “Of course you won’t. I wear an invincible cloak this morning to sneak into Mrs. Jung class today!”

Sound silly but that was the only thing she could think of her being late today. He laughed listening to her excuse. She was relieved. She, too, chuckled to see him laughing.

“Then you can lend me for some time, I assume?” he smiled cheekily.

She could feel her heart thumping faster yet she still managed a smile over her face.  She rejoiced, “What for?”

“Well, I want to use it for something useful too,” he chirped. The weight of the box he was carrying seemed to fade away. And so does the thought beleaguering him this time.

She flustered. She had a lot to ask but she decided that she no longer could continue this topic. Sooner or later, she might die from either flustering or frustration. So she changed the topic, “But, I don’t see you yesterday too. You must have own one too.”

“I…was busy. I have a lot of chapters need to be covered,” trying hard to look deadpanned; he did not know why he felt his ears hot and reddened.

‘Liar. You’re too busy making out, I guess,’ the voice in her head must have gone crazy too judging from the quality of her rationality that seems to go downhill. It kept on shouting and quarreling at each other that she had to shake her head to chase the thought away. The smile was still managed over her face but somehow, the sweetness had gone. She felt bitter so she bit her lips. “Th-that’s…great! Final is just around the corner.” And so she laughed a forceful one.

“I’m good, ain’t I?” that voice was still teasing. A grin was etched over the corner of the face too.

Good at lying, you mean? No, because that is your weakness. You can never lie or else it will be so obvious. Yeah, because no matter how much you want to break away from the label – you are still the same Pinocchio to me.

Same, huh?

The old Pinocchio was stiff and could never talk this way. Compare to back then, the Pinocchio had changed a lot to someone I don’t even know –lying some more, again and again. However, you can never lie. You just don’t know how to do it. If there is one thing remain unchanged is that you could never lie to me.

Not in one hundred years, she thought.

 

Charming, self-assured and witty Shim Yojeong enjoys in match-making those around her, with no apparent care for her own love life. Stiff and shy Lee Howon had never experienced being around girls nor had known the right way to socialize with them. Odd appearance and deportment – just like a wood puppet, earned him a nickname. Taking Lee Howon under her wing, she set her sights on helping him to pursue his love.

Isn’t it just the same like the one in fairytale? The wooden puppet is given life to live and needs to be a good boy in order to be a real human but, he lied. This can be applied to him, at least. You know, the fact that he needs a lot to learn, commits lies and a lot more mistakes in order to be a real gentleman.

However, in which part of the old fairytale tells that the fairy falls in love with the Pinocchio? Or vice-versa. Because Shim Yojeong knows it isn’t there.

So what?

Create a new ending then, and begin the show.

 

 

 


 

serenellesays:
So that's the preface. What do you think of it? Please don't leave without commenting. They will motivate me to write more. *offer you cookies*