Waiting

Bus Stop

 

It was just like another ordinary evening. Hayoung sat there at the seat of the bus stop near her school in her neat white school uniform and the navy blue bag pack at her back that seemed not enough to hold all of her books which are piled up inside it, reading was indeed her favorite thing to do.  Her long straight black hair was neatly tied in two braids, the round eyes of hers were curiously looking around her surroundings.  She took a quick glance at her pink wristwatch and let out a small sigh as her eyes looked at the time. Going back home late was one the risk of following the club activity that she took after school. It she admitted was tiring her out but it was worth it when she could Cho Kyuhyun, the senior that she had crushed on and also the president of the mathematic club. Mathematic was never her favorite subject; she’d rather spent her times in library alone with her head buried under the heap of books or playing with her violin in a small quartet. However, she was a bright girl; her grades were considered pretty high from the average score. She had won a few science competitions before; she was even once being paired with 2 of her sunbaes, Lee Jinki, the 2nd place out of the school and Cho Kyuhyun himself, the school math’s ultimate ace. She had a thought that being in the same group with her crush was her chance to get close with him, but as shy as her was, the only conversation they had was only mathematic’s discussion and something around ‘Annyeonghaseyo’ and ‘Annyeongkyeseyo’. She was indeed very quiet and he was not the man of word either. On the other hand, Jinki was so outgoing and occasionally gave them the lamest jokes that she never knew were actually exist between their intensive math training. It was made sense if her best friend, Hara had a crush on him since they shared the same interest with cheesy and lame jokes and both were so sociable. But she somehow had fallen into Cho Kyuhyun’s unique charm, his kindness, his logical thought and his character.

           She looked around the bus stop and realized that it was completely empty from the usual crowd; in fact, she was the only one left waiting for the bus. Well, it was late and almost all of students were already left, it was made sense if it was empty.   She let out another sigh and pouted.  Where are the busses ? Appa will totally freak out if I arrived after the sun sets, let alone if he finds out that I’m alone, she thought. Well, her appa could be a little too over protected when it comes to her, the only child of the family. Maybe I should ask Hara to go home together next time and I could bribe her with Jinki sunbae as she waits for me to finish the activity club, she mentally noted it to herself. A sudden buzzed from her pocket snapped her back from her thoughts; she took her phone and flipped it before read the sender of the text message.

From: Hara

12@#$@^&$(*^$#!!!                                                                                                                                                     Jinki-sunbae just called me, can you believe it?                                                                                                         I wonder where he even got my number. Could it be from the list which we were ordered to write our number on it, you remember? Aah, I’m so excited Hayoung-a! XDD

A smile was seen on her face; she felt the same excitement as her friend and began to rushing replying Hara’s text. Suddenly, she felt a presence of someone. She flinched in panic manner, there was only her at this bus stop before that person appeared and girls’ abduction was rather frequent nowadays or so like what her mother just talked this morning according to the newspaper that she diligently read every day. The air was getting scarier to her; she didn’t even look to the person who was just sat 3 seats away from her. She was considering between running away and screaming for help because her yellow belt taekwondo would not be much of help when she faced those kinds of people. She put her phone in the safest place inside her bag, anticipating the forward action before finally decided to face the person beside her. She nearly let out a gasp until she finally saw the face of the stranger; it was the boy that she wanted to be with, Cho Kyuhyun. The fact was literally made her overwhelmed by joy and she can’t help but smiled in relief to herself. Nothing bad would happen.

Looking to his perfect feature, his black beanie was pulled off until it almost reached his sharp eyes that now were focused on concentration to the black PMP which he held closely in his hand. He was so serious with his game, that he nearly unaware of his surroundings. It was not a strange scene though; everyone knows that Cho Kyuhyun and games were a true soul mate.  He loved games as much as he loved math or maybe more, because he almost spent all of his time with that black PMP in his hands.  Her eyes now were traveling to the perfect jaw line of his; she smiled in delight watching how he frown his eyes as he moved his fingers. The soft autumn breeze touched her pink cheeks. Oh, how she wished that every day could be just like this.

A sudden tone broke off the peaceful silence, snapping her out from her daydream. The boy slightly tilted his head to her direction, finally realized of the girl‘s presence, he paused his game for a while and watched her as she reached her phone from her pocket but it was nowhere to found.

 Panic, she searched it through her bag; almost taking out half of her books in action before remembered that her phone was placed safely inside her bag’s pocket on the right side. She opened it quickly but the ring suddenly cut off and left out the awkward atmosphere behind. She could feel those sharp eyes of him had been watching her clumsy act. She shook her head in apology manner before look at him. Their gaze met and she surprised to find the rare little smile in his face.  Well, she was that clumsy and of course she knew it better than anyone else but having Cho Kyuhyun to witness her act was completely embarrassing. Trying hard to act cool, she placed her books that were scattered back inside her bag.  She calmly back to her seat and continue to wait the bus which didn’t seem to appear anytime soon.