002 ~ㅇ

99 Black Balloons ~•ㅇ
Suho walked down the street, a tray of coffee and a bag of pastries in his hands, as he made his way back to the EXO-K dorm. Him and the boys were lucky enough to have a day off. So before any of the others had woken up, the leader made a visit to a bakery and planned on surprising all of them with some breakfast.

As he followed the sidewalk carefully, he couldn't help but think about the night before. The way Kyungsoo looked at him with those big, teary, bloodshot eyes. And how the younger seemed to just soften up in to his arms. Just thinking about the whole situation made Suho's heart race. 

He wasn't quite sure exactly what it what was that he was feeling. He knew he was concerned and that he wanted to do what he could to help his fellow group member out but at the same time, he knew worrying about a friend doesn't necessarily cause a person to have the kind of feeling in their chest that Suho was having. 

It was just nerves. You were nervous because...you weren't sure how to help Kyungsoo. Yeah, that's it. You were nervous.

As much as he wanted to believe it, Suho knew deep down that blaming his racing heart on 'nerves' was just an excuse. A ridiculous excuse. He couldn't quite put a finger on what else it could've been though. So for now, 'nerves' was the answer he was content with giving himself. 

Once he was back at the dorm, Suho went straight to the kitchen to set down all the coffee and pastries. He looked around for the boys but saw no sign of anyone being up yet. He kind of expected five half-awake, semi-dressed zombies to be shuffling around, looking for something to eat. 

Suho could hear the television in the living room on though, and from the sound of it, recognized that it was an animated children's show playing. He knew there was only one person in the group that would get up early and plop down on the couch to watch morning cartoons. 

Kyungsoo...

Although Kyungsoo has been labeled the group 'Umma', for the way he always seems to want to take care of everyone, especially when it came to cooking meals, but he was still a child at heart. That is one trait that the leader adores about the boy.

Walking down the hallway, Suho realized that the closer he got to the living room, the more he could here a male voice over the television. He couldn't make out who's voice it was but it was too deep to be Kyungsoo's. Then when he reached the end of the hallway that emptied out in to the living room area, not only could he hear that male voice but he could also hear distinct but muffled sobs. Sobs he's heard before. 

That's Kyungsoo...

Not wanting to interrupt anything, Suho stood by the wall of the hallway where he couldn't be seen, and peeked over at the couch. He saw Kai, clad in only a white tank top, sitting sideways with his arms around someone who's head was resting against his chest. Judging by the familiar green hoodie covering the back of the other boys head, Suho knew that was Kyungsoo that Kai was holding. 

Suho could hear Kai's voice but couldn't really understand anything he was saying. It sounded soothing though. Like he was trying to comfort the boy in his arms, and with the pause between each sob becoming longer, whatever he was saying must've been working. 

Turning his body so his back was pressed up against the wall, Suho placed his hand on his chest. Hearing the sounds of crying and knowing the source of those sounds was Kyungsoo didn't make his heart race like it did the night before. This time, his heart felt like it was being squeezed and there was this uncomfortable tightness in his stomach. 

I should be the one holding Kyungsoo...

This time, Suho knew exactly what he was feeling; Jealousy. 

I'm the leader. I should be the one taking care of the members...

Suho looked around the corner again. He saw that Kai now had his lips pressed against the top of Kyungsoo's head which was still resting against his chest. The hood of Kyungsoo's jacket had fallen off and Kai's fingers were entangled in his hair, moving back and forth in soft scratching motions. 

Clenching his fists, Suho felt a wave of anger come over him. It wasn't often that he got mad, so feeling this way came as a surprise to him. 

Just breath, Suho...

Kai standing up from the couch and walking over to his bedroom snapped Suho out of his own thoughts, making him turn his back against wall so he couldn't be seen. 

He's gone. Now's your chance to go over there and be the leader...

Walking up from behind the couch, Suho tried to shake off the little bit of jealousy and anger that lingered within him and put on one of his signature ear-to-ear smiles. He reached out his hand and touched Kyungsoo's shoulder, which made the boy jump and turn around. He had that same wide eyed look on his face and seemed surprised that Suho was behind him. 

That look brought back the familiar feeling the leader had in his chest the night before. The boy in front of him, instead of having that same look of confusion, now looked almost distraught, which only made Suho want to help him even more. 

"Oh, hyung," Kyungsoo sniffled out, using the back of his hand to quickly wipe his cheek and then giving Suho the best smile he could muster. "G-good morning." 

Suho smiled back. As much as he wanted to reach down and pull the boy in to his arms, he knew that Kyungsoo was trying to pull it together in front of him. 

Why can he get all emotional in front of Kai but when I'm around, he forces himself to smile or he doesn't want to talk about it...

"Good morning," Suho replied back. "I brought everyone some breakfast if you want some."

Kyungsoo nodded. "Thanks, hyung." 

There was this weird, awkward pause between the two. Suho just looked at Kyungsoo, not knowing what to say next. Really, he didn't want to say anything. He just wanted to do the same thing Kai was doing just moments before. He just had to keep telling himself that it was because he wanted to comfort Kyungsoo, and for no other reason.

"Uh, how about after you eat, you and I go out and do something?" Suho suggested, breaking the silence. "You know, just to get out."

Kyungsoo just looked at Suho for a second, as if he was contemplating whether or not to go. "Sure, I guess."

Suho's smile grew wider after knowing he would be able to get the younger boy alone and that maybe he just might open up to him. He wanted nothing but to help this kid out because after all, he is the leader. 

Yeah, I'm the leader. These boys are my responsibility and THAT'S why I wanna make sure I do whatever I can to make Kyungsoo feel better...


~ㅇ



Kris' eyes fluttered as he awoke. He looked around the room before remembering the night before, and how he ended up sleeping in Tao's bed. 

He turned his head to the side, expecting to see Xiumin still sleeping but instead was met with an empty bed. The sheets were perfectly tucked in and the pillows lightly fluffed. 

Baozi...he's one tidy dumpling...

Swinging his legs off the side of the bed, Kris stood up and made his way out of the room. After walking out, again, he expected to see Xiumin sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. This time, he was also met with an empty kitchen and no Xiumin in sight. 

Where is he...

Walking in to his room, Kris saw Tao making his bed for him then looked to the other side of the room and noticed Chen was still underneath his covers. 

"Oh, good morning gege." Tao whispered, trying not to wake the other boy in the room. 

Kris just nodded and smiled. "Do you know where Xiumin went? He wasn't in his bed." 

Tao frowned and shook his head. "I haven't seen him."

"Oh, okay." 

Tao sat down at the edge of the bed he had just made. The smile that was on his face had quickly faded away upon the mention of the oldest members name. 

"Did you get to talk to him last night, gege?" Tao asked Kris, who was still standing by the doorway. 

"No," Kris answered, walking over and taking a seat next to the maknae. "He had already fallen asleep when I came in to the room."

Tao put his head in his hands and rested his elbows on his knees. "I hope he's okay."

Kris felt bad. Seeing the usually perky and energetic kid sad and upset really hit him hard. He knew he needed to figure out what was going on and fix it...fast. 

"How long has he been doing this?" Kris asked, turning his head to look at Tao. 

"I don't know...a couple of nights?" 

"And you don't know why?"

Tao shook his head. "Everytime I ask him what's wrong, he just pulls his blankets over his head and ignores me."

As he spoke, Kris could tell that Tao was beginning to get choked up, so he put his arm around him and pulled him close. "It's gonna be okay. I'll find out what's bothering him."

"He's homesick."

Kris and Tao turned their heads to the bed across the room and saw that Chen had came out from under his blankets. They looked at him with confused expressions on their faces. 

"He's sad because he's missing home?" Kris said. "That's it?"

"That's it?" Chen replied defensively. "You guys should know better then anyone how it is to be in a foreign country, where you don't know the language very well, and how lonely it can get because you can't even communicate with others."

"Lonely," Tao said, a little bit of a surprised tone in his voice. "How can Xiumin-ge be lonely? He has us."

"Yeah, he has us." Chen said, sitting up in his bed. "But that's it."

"Well, why hasn't he said anything to us about it?" Tao asked. 

Chen sighed as if he was frustrated that the two members weren't getting the situation. "Minseok-hyung doesn't want you guys to worry. He probably thinks we have enough going on and doesn't want to bother anyone with his personal problems."

"How do you know all of this? Did he talk to you?" Kris asked. 

Chen shook his head. "No, but isn't it obvious."

Kris felt stupid. He wasn't paying enough attention to his fellow members to realize that one of them was hurting. 

And I'm supposed to be the leader...

Kris stood up and walked towards the bedroom door, a determined look on his face. "I'm going to go find him." 

Without saying another word to the two younger members, Kris exited the bedroom, closing the door behind him. 

I have to make Xiumin feel better...

I have to apologize to him for not noticing sooner...

Some leader you turned out to be...

Kris' felt the same sharp pain in his chest he had felt the day before. He blamed himself that one of the members has been upset. He felt like he should've realized it sooner. He should've been able to figure it out himself. He felt guilty, and even more so since it was Xiumin. 

Looking around the kitchen for a second, he could see Lay coming out of the room that he shared with Luhan. He looked as if he had just woken up, dragging his feet towards the bathroom. 

Kris quickly walked up to Lay and grabbed him by the shoulder, stopping him dead in his tracks. The younger boy turned to the leader, a little taken aback that he was stopped so abruptly. 

"Oh, hey Kris-ge. Is something wrong?" 

"Do you know where Xiumin is?"

Lay tilted his head and thought for a second. "I thought I heard him leave early this morning."

"Do you know where he went though?" The look Kris was giving Lay made it clear that he was becoming impatient. 

"He probably went for a run like he usually does every other morning." 

"He goes running?" Kris said, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah," Lay replied matter-of-factly. "You didn't know?"

Kris didn't say anything. Now he felt even worst then he did before. 

I didn't even know that the little dumpling goes for a run...what else don't I know about these guys...

"Do you know where he goes?" Kris asked, taking his hand off of Lay's shoulder. 

"I think the park down th-" 

Before Lay could finish his sentence, Kris had already made his way to the front door, quickly slipping on his sneakers and running out of the dorm. He had somewhere to be and someone to find.

I'm sorry Xiumin...

I don't know if I'll be able to say it to your face but I'm sorry.

As your leader...I'll make everything better.

I promise...





YAY FOR CHAPTER TWO  o(^▽^)o

This chapter is kind of a filler chapter to set the scene for the next chapter. AND just a little warning, there will be some minor in chapter four or five. Just giving everyone a heads up. 

In other news, I'm totally bummed that EXO was in Cali but in the wrong end. So mad!
ψ(`∇´)ψ
They were in Anaheim and I'm in San Francisco and I can't drive yet so...
m(_ _)m

BUT what picked me up was Dalmatian's 'ER' MV which had me dying...

And before I go, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the comments and subs. Especially to my chingus and unnies who are always leaving me such awesome messages! Love you guys!!!

Comment <3

Subscribe <3

Friend Request <3