001 ~ㅇ

99 Black Balloons ~•ㅇ
"Today, we're excited to have here in the studio with us, the members of EXO-M!" The host announced. 

"We are ONE. Hello, we are EXO-M."

As we all took our seats after the introduction, I looked down the line at all my fellow members. They all seemed so happy, even though this was probably our sixth or seventh interview and we have repeatedly answered the same questions over and over again. 

The same questions about our training process, our living situation and our most memorable moment since debuting just a few weeks ago. It was monotonous, but I'm proud of my guys. They always seem to keep a smile on their faces no matter what. 

"Kris," I turn my head to look over at the host, who had a quizzical look on his face. "How is it being the leader?"

Yeah, the same damn questions...

"I just try my best to look after the group," I answer, a fake but convincing smirk forming on my face. "Whether it's in rehearsals or backstage before a performance, I make sure their doing okay so we can go out on stage and do our best."

The host nodded, as if he already knew what my answer was going to be. Like he could give two s about what I said. 

It's not like I hate interviews. I don't. I just hate it when we have a host who pretends to be interested in us when really, their just getting through another day of their job. It's not hard to figure out who's that type of host. This guy was definitely that type. 

I watched as he continued on, moving over to Tao, asking him about the usual stuff. How's it like being the youngest? When did you start practicing wushu? Do your gege's treat you to meals?

The same crap that fans already know about. Nothing new. 

"So what are some nicknames you guys have for each other?" Another unoriginal question. "I know one of you is often called 'Baozi'."

Well if you already know, then why are you asking us, you dumb prick?

I looked in front of us, passed the cameras and studio crew, and listened in as a translator relayed the last statement but this time, in Korean. I then turned my head over to one of my members, the one I knew the question was directed to. 

Xiumin raised his hand and nodded, a little bit of a shy smile on his face. I raised a brow as I scanned over his whole demeanor. Something about our oldest member seemed a bit off. He wasn't being as cute and bubbly as he usually was during these interviews, especially when the camera was on him.

"That's me," Xiumin answered in Korean. "It was actually a nickname Luhan gave to me."

"But why 'Baozi'? Why such a cute nickname? Do you like eating steamed buns? Do you somehow remind them of steamed buns?" The host leaned forward and stared at Xiumin, pretending to anticipate his response, with a look on his face that silently says 'hurry up and answer the question'. 

What a douche bag...

The boy could barely undertstand anything he was just asked. Give him a break. I swear, if I could walk right over and punch this guy in his throat...

Xiumin, on the other hand, seemed to be handling this situation better then I was. He listened carefully to the translator, nodding his head up and down, trying to thoroughly understand everything. He then let out a little chuckle that was probably faker then the smirk that I had flashed earlier. 

"I guess it's because of my cheeks. They're a little chubby, so I guess they reminded Luhan of steamed buns." 

"Oh, I see. That's funny." The host said rather dryly, slowly nodding as if he understood any of what Xiumin said before it was translated to him. "So Lay, I heard you play the guitar?"

I shook my head. I really don't know how much more of this I can take. Sneaking a glance at my watch, I notice it had only been a little under twenty minutes since we've started. This thing was moving along slower then usual.

Pretending to be interested in what the host was chatting about with the other members, out of the corner of my eye I couldn't help but notice something. After answering his question, Xiumin had lowered his head down and it was hard to tell from where I'm sitting but I think he might have his eyes closed. 

Now I know something had to be going on. If there was anyone that did well during these interviews, it was Xiumin. Even though he's not fluent in Chinese, he always acted like he could understand what was being said and unlike myself, paid attention to what was going on. 

Xiumin then lifted his head and I could tell by just the look on his face, that he wasn't himself. His eyes looked puffy and glossy, like he was about to cry but was holding back his tears. There was no cheeky smile on his face. He looked like he was about to breakdown. 

We locked eyes for maybe a split second, and my heart hurt seeing him like this. But almost instantly he managed to smile cutely at me before looking back at the host, who was now asking Chen the usual question about being one of the two Korean members.

I know I don't come off as one of the most sensitive guys in the group but seeing one of my fellow members upset and for a reason I don't know about, concerns me. But the way Xiumin looked at me...it was almost like he was pleading for help and the pain in my chest got worst when I knew I couldn't jump up in the middle of the interview and find out what was wrong. 

These boys are like my second family, and since I'm the leader, I have the responsibility of watching over them. Whatever it is that's bothering Xiumin, I have to help him get through it. 

It's what's best for him. It's what's best for the group. 

Kris blinked his eyes a few times, a faint knock coming from his bedroom door, waking him up from his sleep and interrupting him from his recollection of the days events. He had never before dreamt about actual things that had happened, especially ones that happened the very same day. Something was pulling at his heart strings though, causing that tight pain in his chest to come back. 

That look...that sad, helpless look...

Bringing his hands to his eyes, he rubbed them gently to help his vision adjust to his dimly lit room and then looked over at the clock on his nightstand. 12:59AM. He wasn't quite sure what the noise that had woke him up was, but before he could close his eyes, he heard the soft knocking again. 

Kris swung his feet over to the side of his bed and quietly stood up, as not to wake Chen, who was sound asleep. Just as the start of another round of soft knocks on his door were about to begin, he gently cracked it open and found Tao standing there, his fist raised in mid knock. His cheeks looked as if they were stained with tears and even though the only light in the dorm was caused by the moon coming through the closed windows, Kris could still tell that the maknae's eyes were bloodshot and red. 

"What's wrong, Tao?" Kris asked, stepping out of the room and closing the door behind him, concern evident in his voice. 

"It's Xiumin-ge," The younger boy sniffled and wiped his eyes with the back of hand. "He's been up all night crying."

"Do you know why?"

"He won't talk to me." Tao replied while shaking his head, his eyes beginning to well up with tears. "I'm just worried about him, gege."

"I'll go see what's going on, okay?" Kris said, placing a comforting hand on the maknae's shoulder. "Go lay down in my bed until I get back."

Tao nodded, and after receiving a light squeeze on his shoulder and a gentle pat on his back, he made his way in to the leaders room. 

Turning towards the hallway, Kris began walking over to the room that Tao and Xiumin shared. He placed his hand on the door handle but before he turned it, stopped to think about what could possibly be upsetting his fellow group member. 

Being that he's the leader, Kris knew, when it came to these kind of situations, that it was his responsibility to take care of his group any way possible. Luckily, other then the few times he's had to calm Tao down, he hasn't really had to deal with any of them being emotional. For Kris, that was a good thing since he's generally not an emotional person and seeing people be emotional usually made him uncomfortable. 

But the pain in his chest kept coming back. Every time he envisioned the depressed look that Xiumin had on his face, it was like someone was taking a pin and was poking him in the heart with it. All he wanted was to get that cute, cheeky smile plastered back on to that adorably plump face. 

And how exactly are you going to do that? Kris mentally asked himself. He really had no answer. 

Sighing deeply, he opened the door as quietly as he possibly could, stepping in to the room and closing the door behind him. He noticed Xiumin laying on his bed, curled up with his blankets, hugging what looked to be a Pikachu plushie. 

They kind of look the same...

Kris chuckled softly as he tip-toed closer, stopping at the side of Xiumin's bed. Leaning forward, he tried to.get glimpse of his face. He was expecting to hear muffled sobs but instead, he could only hear deep breathing in and out. He noticed shiny streaks of tears  that started from the bottom of Xiumin's eyes and moved across his face, over the bridge of his nose or down his chubby cheeks to his chin. 

He must've cried himself to sleep...

Kris frowned. Moving his hand towards the sleeping boys face, he took his thumb and gently wiped one of the tear streaks off of his cheek. He smiled as his finger felt the soft skin. He wasn't quite sure what could be upsetting Xiumin or what he could do to help him but just by wiping away his tears while he rests, Kris felt like he was doing something. 

The touch caused Xiumin to let out a soft moan as he tossed in his sleep, which made Kris jerk his hand back. His face flushed and was probably a light shade of pink as he watched him reach his hand up and rub the same spot that Kris had previously touched. With a adorable smack of his lips and another tired grunt, Xiumin became still again, the gentle touch only causing him to stir in his sleep but not fully waking him up. 

Looking around the room for a second, Kris noticed Tao's empty bed. He walked over and sat on the side of it for a second before resting his head on the pillow and laying down, keeping his eyes glued on the sleeping figure in the bed across from him

Just in case you wake up...I'll be here. 

Whatever it is that you're going through, we'll get through it together. 

Whatever I have to do to get that adorable smile back on your face, I will do. 

Kris thought those words to himself, wondering if he would ever be able to say them aloud, and as pictures of a crying, depressed Xiumin flashed through his head, and his heart stung painfully, he slowly drifted off to sleep. 

~ㅇ


Suho looked down the long table, smiling as he watched his fellow members of EXO-K treat themselves to a much deserved meal after a long day of work. He was proud of his boys. They had done a fan meeting, two performances, a music show appearance and an interview and even though it was getting really late, all of the seemed to be in good spirits. 

Suho turned his head toward Kai who, out of everyone at the table, looked the most exhausted. He still had that usual grin on his face and he acted as if he was as wide awake as the others but his heavy eyes completely gave him away. 

Standing up, Suho walked over and stood behind Kai's chair. He placed both of his hands on the younger boys shoulders, gently massaging them. 

Kai looked up and over his shoulder, and when he saw it was the groups leader behind him, he smiled. 

"I know your tired," Suho said. "Once the others are done eating, we'll go home and get some rest." "Thanks, hyung." Kai said, his body relaxing under Suho's touch.

  That was one thing about Suho that the rest of EXO-K loved about him and that's that he is very caring. It was probably the reason why he was chosen to be leader. Rather than looking after himself, he always looked after everyone else first and he always did it with that signature smile on his face. 

As he continued to massage Kai's shoulders, not noticing that the boy had practically fallen asleep in his chair, Suho scanned the table. He looked to his right and noticed Baekhyun and Chanyeol playing some game where apparently the loser was punished with a flick to the forehead. Judging by the big, red mark on his forehead, Suho knew Chanyeol was losing. 

He chuckled and then looked to his left, where he saw Sehun completely engulfed in feeding himself. Suho knew out of everyone, the maknae was the hungriest. After their last schedule, it was Sehun who came to Suho with his best whiney voice and said, "Hyung~ I'm starving~ Can we go get something to eat?"

No matter how tired he was, there was no way Suho could say no to that. 

Now, watching the maknae stuff his face, it didn't matter how tired Suho was, as long as the other members were happy, he was happy. 

Suho's eyes then shifted over to the empty seat next to Sehun. He raised an eyebrow and was almost sure that Kyungsoo was the one that was sitting there. It wasn't like him to just get up and walk off somewhere. 

"Kai," Suho said, leaning down to look at the boy whose shoulders he was still massaging. "Do you know where Kyungsoo went?"

"Kyungsoo-hyung..." Kai thought to himself out loud as he tried to wake up from the mini-nap he just had. "I think I saw him go outside."

Suho gave the younger boy a look of concern. "How long ago?"

"I don't know...about thirty minutes?" Kai replied. 

Suho took his hands off Kai's shoulders and looked at his watch. 12:59AM. 

It's too late for that kid to be running off by himself without telling anybody where he's going...

"I'll be right back." Suho said to Kai, who just nodded at him before leaning forward to rest his head on the table. 

I hope he didn't go far, Suho thought to himself. 

But once he walked out of the restaurant, he looked down to see Kyungsoo, sitting on the steps of the entrance with his head down between his knees. Suho took a relieved breath and sat down beside him. 

"Kyungsoo," Suho said. "I was worried about you for a second. What're you doing out here?"

Kyungsoo didn't answer but Suho could here soft sniffling noises coming from him. 

Placing a comforting hand on his back, Suho leaned a little closer. "Are you okay?" 

Kyungsoo lifted his head upon hearing the leaders words. His big eyes were red and puffy and the frown on his face gave him a sad, depressed expression. 

Suho's never seen this kind of expression from Kyungsoo before. He's seen him happy, confused, nervous, but never upset. 

Seeing him like this, Suho felt his chest tighten up. He wanted to help him with whatever it is that's troubling him. Just like he would with any of the other members. 

"Hey," Suho said soothingly, rubbing circles around Kyungsoo's back. "What's wrong?"

Kyungsoo just shook his head, puddles of tears forming on the bottoms of his eyes. "I don't want to talk about it." 

Suho just nodded. He wanted more then anything for the younger boy to open up and tell him what was wrong, but he couldn't force him to do it. 

"That's fine," Suho said, smiling at Kyungsoo. "But I'm here for you whenever you want to talk." 

Suho could see small smirk creep up on the corner of Kyungsoo's mouth and all of a sudden, his heart began to beat a little faster. 

Pulling him closer, Suho gave his group member a hug and even though Kyungsoo didn't hug him back, he could feel him relax in his arms as he laid his head against his chest. Suho was almost sure that Kyungsoo could feel his heartbeat speed up even faster then it already was. 

"Hey you two," Suho let go of Kyungsoo and both of them looked up to see their manager standing over them. "You guys ready to go?" 

Kyungsoo nodded and before Suho could say anything, he stood up and walked in to the restaurant with the manager following behind him. 

Suho placed a hand on his chest, checking if his heart was still beating fast. 

What was that all about... Suho asked himself. 

He stood up and looked in to the restaurant, watching all the boys getting ready to leave. He smiled at the sight of them but then he noticed Kyungsoo, standing off to the side, his head down while he waited to leave.

Suho just hoped that, when Kyungsoo was ready, he would come and talk to him. 

He's the leader, and he's going to take care of his group. 

He wants to take care of him...





So...what'd y'all think???

(・・?)

I know it's totally different then what I usually write but I needed a change from the fluffy stuff. I'm not giving up on my other fics though...I just needed a break.

Sorry if this was a bit long too...I'm kind of telling two separate but similar stories in just one fic so expect long chapters. 

Anywho...love y'all and happy reading!!!

Comment <3

Subscribe <3

Friend Request <3