Chapter 24

Duet

chapter24.jpg

 

 

 

SeungHyun held in a grimace as Inyoung reached across the table and placed her hand over his. There were reporters outside of the café they were at and she was definitely living up to the expectations of the presidents. To everyone else in the café she played the role of his girlfriend perfectly. It took all his strength to not take his hand back every time she touched it. He had to give it to her though, the girl in front of him was one hell of an actress, and he had never seen someone be so into her role as she did.

A waiter brought them their drinks as SeungHyun immediately downed his coffee; he needed it if he was going to put up with her for another hour.

Inyoung pouted looking down at her latte, “Oppa? Could you get me some sugar? It’s a little bitter” Her voice came out high pitched and full of cuteness, another one of her traits he detested.

He simply raised an eyebrow at her, “Last time I checked Inyoung-ssi you had legs. Therefore I believe you can get your own sugar can you not?”

The girl in front of him frowned slightly, “Boyfriends do nice things for their girlfriends.” She said matter- of- factly, “This would be a nice thing”

“Except I'm not really your boyfriend. So you can go get some sugar yourself and then we can part ways after that less than sneaky reporter gets his pictures”

Inyoung’s smile dropped from her face momentarily before she composed herself, smiled and then stood to grab her own sugar packets. As she was returning SeungHyun stiffened slightly as one of her hands skimmed his shoulders before wrapping around his neck in an apparently affectionate manner.  She brushed past him, a smile on her face as she sat down across him,

“You better up your acting SeungHyun-ssi” She smiled, “Or people will begin to question whether this is actually real”

SeungHyun snorted, “Let them think what they want. I never signed up for a fake girlfriend Inyoung-ssi and I'm not about to starting acting unnatural just to please a bunch of people with nothing else to do but sit around and take pictures of me”

“What about the man who controls your career? I'm sure neither he nor Mr Lee would be too happy with the way you’re currently treating your girlfriend

“I'm out in public with you. That was all I was told to do Inyoung-ssi. I really couldn’t care less about the rest” SeungHyun shrugged taking a drink of his coffee.  “You’ll be gone in a week anyway and all of this would be over”

Inyoung smiled into her cup, “I wouldn’t be too sure about that SeungHyun”

SeungHyun raised an eyebrow, “Don’t drop the honorifics Inyoung-ssi, you seem to forget this isn’t real. And what is it exactly that you mean?”

The brunette shrugged; “Only that I may have had a talk with the president” she placed a finger on her chin, pretending to be deep in thought, “You know I just don’t think a week would do it to thoroughly convince the media about us”

SeungHyun stiffened, “What did you do?”

Inyoung smiled innocently, “Oh I don’t know.  But let’s just say the president may be having second thoughts of how long our relationship should last”

SeungHyun frowned and ran a hand over his face, this girl was beginning to get on his nerves, leaning forwards his words came out through clenched teeth, “Listen Inyoung-ssi, I don’t know what twisted world you’re living in but for the last time, we are not in a relationship. This is fake

The girl had the audacity to shrug once again simply taking a drink from her cup. And before SeungHyun could say anything they were interrupted by the shrill sound of his phone, sparing her another glance he answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Oh thank god! Oppa its Fany-ah! She’s in the hospital she collapsed and now we-“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hyoyeon-ah! I need you to calm down” His shoulder’s stiffened as he listened to the Hyoyeon’s desperate voice, she was talking too fast for him to understand and to be honest she was talking a little too loudly, “What’s going on?” He asked his voice calm.

Inyoung looked up from her cup across from him and frowned slightly when she heard Hyoyeon’s name. He wasn’t supposed to be talking to any of the girls from Girls’ Generation.

“Oppa, its Fany-ah” Hyoyeon tried again her voice coming out a little slower.  SeungHyun stiffened at her name and chills ran down his spine, was she okay?

“Did something happen to tiffany?” Inyoung across from him stiffened again, her eyes widening slightly at the mention of Tiffany’s name.

“She’s in the hospital. She collapsed last night. I'm sorry Oppa I know we’re not supposed to call you but I thought you should know”

SeungHyun shook his head and grabbed his keys from the table, “No Hyoyeon-ah, you did the right thing. I'm on my way now”

Turning off the phone SeungHyun stood up and dropped a few bills on the table, he wasn’t anything if not a gentleman, “That should be enough for the bill and to cover your ride home”

Inyoung looked up startled, “Well where the hell are you going right now?”

“I have to go. Where is none of your business”

“You’re going to see Tiffany-ssi aren’t you? You’ll get into trouble if you do; you know you should really be more careful. You’re lack of caution is what got you into trouble in the first place SeungHyun. I mean come on! A dinner in the practice rooms? You were practically asking to be caught”

SeungHyun did a double take as soon as the words came out of , “What did you say?”

Inyoung shrugged, “Who do you think found out about you two? You weren’t exactly being careful about it”

SeungHyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing but now was hardly the time to deal with it. “We’re going to have a talk when I get back. With the president too, I'm sure he’d love to know who it was that tipped off the press” At Inyoung’s surprised expression SeungHyun smiled bitterly, “But until then, I think it’s safe to say that this relationship is over”

And with that SeungHyun his heels and left the café, a gaping Inyoung behind him.