The Heir's 19th Birthday Part 2

The Heir's Love Story

 

"What's up with you guys?" Jong-In asked the heiress and the mysterious gentleman who has been lurking around him and his wife for the whole of the afternoon already.

It was almost his soiree, his nineteenth birthday celebration and the formal declaration and passing on of his inheritance as Kim Family's Sole Heir by Grand Master Kim.

"We... just wanted to hang with you Jong-In." Krystal was really lame for inventing such excuse.

Jong-In rolled his eyes in disbelief, "Jung Soo Jung, next time when you make another excuse make sure it's marketable enough to convince me."

"Don't mind him." Seohyun joined their conversation. "It's merrier to have you two around us."

At least, his wife knows how to treat friends very well.

"We're sorry Joo Hyun, but I and Soo Jung just needed to stay close beside you two." Wu Fan explained.

"But not to the point that you stick to us like glue!" Jong-In immediately countered him.

Though awfully feeling ill at ease around his younger brother, Kris braced up himself and spoke to him, "It's just that, my grandfather is here...and we're just thinking about your safety."

As much as he wanted to mock him, the heir remembered what he promised to his wife that he would try his best to treat his older brother right, and just suppressed the hurtful words he was supposed to tell in his face.

"Yes, Lord Wu, we're surprised by his arrival here this morning."

"But didn't Grand Master Harabeoji know things in the past?" the milady curiously asked.

"They've been friends since then. I'm not sure if Grand Master Kim knows about things, but if he knew things in the past. Grandpa wouldn't be here now, I presume that he doesn't know." the mysterious gentleman tried to enlighten the latter.

"If Harabeoji knows things beforehand, Yunho-appa and Taeyon-umma will still be here with us." Jong-In expressed. It's been his dream since he was a little lad that he would celebrate his birthdays with his parents, but that dream was shattered long before when they got killed by the evil old lord.

"I'm sorry, Jong-In." the mysterious gentleman couldn't utter anything but his apology for the crime that his grandfather did.

Though Jong-In could not really face the latter, for still feeling the hate he has been holding towards him for so many years, he began, "I'm sorry, Wu Fan-hyung.''

He knew himself; he was still half-hearted saying his apology. But he wanted to keep his promise to his wife, because his love towards her is way more precious than his pride.

 

----------

"Huang Zi Tao, see that Samsung Sniper on the balcony near the old master's room? That's Sniper 01 Eunhyuk, be sure to keep an eye on him. He is in charge to guard Lord Wu in mansion's main hall. Got me?" Yi Xing spoke to Tao, the youngest and the keenest assassin of the Wu family alongside with him.

"I got you Yi Xing-ge...but I'm worried that Wu Fan-gege might find me if I join the people in attending the party. Just let me do the physical work."

The young assassin was indeed made for such dirty job.

"You can't, Tao. All of us EXO-M are going to be civilians for this day, you're not young anymore, so there's no way I can compensate you with this, just relax and just pretend that you're Lord Wu's mere body guard for this day. I'm hanging up, I need to contact Minseok and Jong Dae regarding this." he ended his conversation with the young assassin.

"Minseok-ge, Jongdae...see those Samsung Snipers hiding on the right and left light system of the main hall?"

"Yes, we got them on track Yi Xing." The two answered in chorus."

"Minseok-ge, just stay near around the buffet table of fruits, you manage to replace one of the Kim's junior cooks, right? Guard Sniper 02 who is on the right, that's Sniper Kyu. Be careful he has witty eyes."

"Got it, need not to bother about Me." the shortest and oldest assassin assured the serene gentleman.

"Okay. Now Jongdae, you're going to be one of the performers, right? What particular instrument are you going to play?"

"I've been in charge to become one of the singers, Yi Xing-ge."

"Shoot! This can't be! Find a way that you'll get to be covered up. Sniper 03 Siwon would be the one you're going to guard and he's the most skilled sharp shooter." He was obviously tensed; their dirty job became a lot more complicated since heiress Soojung brought their family's snipers.

"Isn't that making ruckus my specialty? Even if he's the greatest amongst them he couldn't just shoot that recklessly." the young assassin with prominent cheekbones was rather confident with his skills. He may not be as skilled in fighting like their youngest Tao, but his skills in making unpredictable events are already tested.

Both are witty, and great actors, they could easily blend with other people as civilians since their identities are even a secret to Wu Fan.

And now Yi Xing, who is the one who has the exposed identity, has the most complex work to do. He cannot join the crowed since he wasn't invited to the party for kissing Joo Hyun in front of Jong-In during the battle-of-the-wits.

He has no choice but to do the youngest assassin's job which was the dirtiest of them all.

He was wearing dark blue coat and tie, he also brushed his hair up, and wore sun glasses like how Kim family's civilian sages wear as he entered  the CCTV room of the mansion and silently killed the two civilian sages by sneakily injecting mercury on them.

'I'm such a great actor. Do I really look like a civilian sage? Kim family's guards are brainless.' He praised himself as he silently dragged the two civilian sages in one of the CCTV room's dark area.

He then sat in front of the CCTV and visual controls of the mansion's main lounge where the party was being held.

"Now, Seohyun and Wu Fan...too much for student and instructor relationship, eh?" he wickedly muttered, inserting a USB in one of the ports of the visual controls.

He then opened the document folder full of Wu Fan and Joo Hyun photographs together.

"Let's see, how the elders’ faces will be like after seeing these."

 

----------

"I, Seo Joo Hyun, the wife of Kim Jong-In, the fifth Sole Heir of the Kim family, vow to fulfill my duties as the Kim family's fifth Milady, who will stand with him, and support him with all my life..." Seohyun was fidgeting, feeling all the tension, while rehearsing the Milady's vow that she will utter right after Jong-In's declaration of being the Sole Heir of the Kim family.

"You're doing good Joo Hyun, but please try to loosen up a bit. Take it by heart." Like the usual, it's Wu Fan who is there to make her heart feel at peace. It became the mysterious gentleman's expertise.

The young milady then took a deep breath; internalize what's the true meaning of the Milady's vow. It's like those words in their wedding, only that she's going to say those words to the Sole Heir of the Kim family, but there's really no big difference at all.

She smiled to the latter, and literally tiptoed just to ruffle his hair like he usually does for her whenever he wanted to cheer her up. "Kamsahanida Wu Fan-oppa."

The Seohyun would only know how he really feels for feels at that very moment. He was feeling jealous hearing that vow which was supposed to be for him.

He's the supposed to be Sole Heir at the first place, but he knowing that Seohyun will only utter that vow for Jong-In, and Jong-In alone, all he could do was to suppress his love towards the latter and forget about thinking those what-ifs he had in mind between the two of them.

"You're always welcome Joo Hyun. But please don't tiptoe that much, and don't ruin my hair, Soo Jung personally did that for me."

 

"Ahem!" Jong-In intentionally coughed to ruin his wife and the mysterious gentleman's attention as he went near them.

"Joo Hyun, how do you like the way I look tonight?" He beckoned his wife to see if he looked good in all black. For him, he already looked so perfect.

"Joo Hyun-unnie, we're so sorry we couldn't persuade him." Soo Jung ran after the heir, as they were just arguing on the other side of the dressing area.

"Let him be Soo Jung, you know your best friend very well he does whatever he likes. I personally find Wu Fan-oppa look more handsome wearing all white." the young milady Kim jested.

"Come over here Jong-In!" the fashion designer Tiffany beckoned the heir to go near her. Her hands were already on her waist, she was already annoyed by the heir's poor taste in choosing his clothes.

Seriously, he was ruining her career as a fashion designer and as the household's stylist. If Jong-In's going to insist his all-black get up for his birthday party.

"Don't worry Tiffany-noona, I got you!" Jong-In assured his fashion designer noona by beckoning her okay sign.

"Who says you got me? Your Harabeoji might fire me if he sees you like that!" she then made her way to the latter and grabbed him from his right ear like a little kid who needs some lesson.

"W-wait up, okay, fine!" he then briefly retracted from the fashion designer and faced his wife again, and gave her a millisecond peck on the lips.

Seems that Jong-In couldn't pull his self together by seeing how elegant the girl he wedded several months ago was wearing the most elegant golden gown rightful to be only worn by their family's milady.

He forgot that there's his Tiffany-noona, his best friend Soo Jung, and his half older brother Wu Fan who was also with them.

Seohyun's eyes widened, her husband was indeed getting bolder and bolder with each passing day.

"You're saying the Milady's vow for me, right? Don't feel nervous, I'm certain that you will say those words in front of the crowd properly because you're thinking of Me."

And his confidence towards her was even growing.

The fashion designer cut his moment, by pulling him from the ear once again. "Jong-In. Please, have a little shame on us, and just look at Joo Hyun's face." she beckoned the latter to look at his wife's shocked reaction, everybody knows how conservative the young milady is, and the heir's boldness was obviously tainting it.

"Ouch, noona! Please no -..." he tried protesting.

"No, I'm not done with you hair yet. At least spare my name in shame, Jong-In. And don’t you know that it will bring your marriage bad luck for sticking with her like glue this day?’’ Tiffany started scolding the young heir nonstop with her loud mouth as she began doing his hair.

‘’Tiffany-noona, those were just the old superstitions of this family. Do you still believe in that?’’ Jong-In countered Tiffany, and laughed at the silly superstition.

‘’Well, what’s wrong in living up to it? I’m sure your Harabeoji did it during his time, and I’m sure he’s far from being stubborn like you!’’

‘’Whatever Tiffany-noona…’’

And the young heir shrugged the idea of their family’s superstitions.

If only he knew the dark omen lurking around their grand mansion that day, he would most likely do as what the superstition say.

 

 

On the other side, Wu Fan and Soo Jung looked at each other. Both of them were shocked with the heir's sudden act, they perceived each other's pain.

But they're there to look after the husband-and-wife. So definitely there personal concerns and feelings towards the other two should be set aside.