Evening of Play Pretends and Discoveries

The Heir's Love Story

The last night of Grand Master Kim's stay in the mansion became very gloomy for Jong-In. He totally lost his mood for knowing that his old man wanted him and his wife to got to London.

He even lost his appetite during their dinner, when all of them have to eat together including Wu Fan.

"Jong-In-ah." Seohyun called him noticing his sudden mood swing. He was not really eating his food he was plainly staring at it.

"Jong-In ah." she called him again, went nearer to him and whispered to his ear,"Is there anything wrong?"

But he did not bother to answer her.

Joo Hyun cannot just let her husband stay with his mood swing, and grabbed his hand and squeeze it.

"Let's talk things later, okay?"

She earned a mere nod from him.

"Jong-In." the Grand Master called his attention.

"Neh Harabeoji." he bluntly replied while staring blankly at his food.

"So regarding London, I expect you to manage our company's European leg but of course you and Joo Hyun must not forget to have a good time there."

He did not utter any word nor react to his old man's statement.

"Jong-In are you listening to me?" the old master raised his tone.

"Neh Harabeoji."

"I'm reminding you do not forget to enjoy yourself there. I know you very well, you might end up turning your one week vacation to a business trip. Consider your wife, it will be her first time going to London."

"Neh Harabeoji."

His mood swing became so evident to the other three people who were eating dinner with them.

"Anything wrong dongsaeng?" Chanyeol asked in his deep serious tone.

"Nothing Chanyeol-hyung."

"Kai-ah, you should eat dinner you've been at working all day, right? Tiffany-noona doesn't like seeing my little Jong-In lose his mood like that." the fashion designer childishly comforted the heir like she used to do every time her donsaeng throws tantrums when he was still a kid.

Jong-In then eventually ate his dinner and faintly smiled at the fashion designer.

'He certainly knows how to listen to only Tiffany-unnie.' the milady thought as she looked at her husband from the periphery.

Kris was silently observing the couple's every move.

'It's his parents Joo Hyun that's why he does not like London, he lost them there. I hope it will be easy for you to deal with him.' he thought as he met the milady's saddened gaze.

He then let out a small smile of encouragement to his student.

Unknowingly, the heir saw them signaling to each other and that became the ultimate mood wrecker

of his evening.

"I'm already full, you go enjoy your dinner." he bluntly said to everybody as he dropped his utensils, stood up and indifferently left the dining hall.

"I-I deeply apologize. I'll just go after Jong-In, please excuse me." she then ran after her husband.

Everyone was awestruck with the heir's sudden rudeness.

"That kid, he's still stubborn as ever." the Grand Master remarked in a disappointed tone.

"Grand Master, maybe it's because of his parents again." Kris unexpectedly let out his opinion.

"More like it's because of your presence Kris-hyung." Chanyeol mindlessly jest.

"Chanyeol!" the Grand Master called him in a seemingly scolding tone.

"I deeply apologize Harabeoji." he apologized as he cringed in his seat and finished his food.

"That maybe Kris." the fashion designer got his attention. "We know how badly he really wanted to know the death of his mother, right? We know the story of Lord Yunho, Milady Taeyon's death; you know how we made the hoax to cover up for the public and to cover up for him when he was young."

"Neh, I remember that Ms. Hwang." the mysterious gentleman replied.

"You mean aunt Taeyon did not really die in a plane crash?" Chanyeol's eyes grew wide, "But h-how like honestly I also grew up knowing that she died in the same plane crash with uncle Yunho."

"Your Aunt Taeyon was the one who got assassinated Chanyeol." the grand master responded to his other grandson and paused for a second, "It's supposed to be Jong-In's family to be assassinated that day but good heavens that that cousin of yours managed to hid himself, the only thing is he cannot clearly remember that moment when his mother got shot in front of him."

"You mean, Jong-In's got partial amnesia because of it Harabeoji?" he paused and thought for a moment, "Now I doubt if Uncle Yunho's death is really an accident, it could have been also planned, I cannot blame my dongsaeng if he reacts like that. But who could have possibly do that to them?"

"It's dangerous to be an heir Chanyeol for I also think that the one who killed your aunt is clearly a tough rival of the Kims." the old master replied.

"Jong-In got traumatized, and yes he has showed partial amnesia or to be more accurate he has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder when he was younger.” the mysterious gentleman added.

"Chanyeol, now you know the full story. I don't know if I should ask you this favor but please don't let this out for now." Tiffany begged.

"I won't but please, once he discovered it himself let's be all honest and help him."


After taking a bath and changed into more comfortable clothes, the heir immediately got into the sofa and lie down to bring himself to sleep as he shut his eyes tight ignoring all the mood killers around him.

He was not yet fully sleeping when he felt sudden ruffling of his slightly wet hair as hot air was drying it.

As he opened his eyes he saw Seohyun drying his hair with a blower, "Why are you sleeping when your hair is still not dry? You could have got sick because of this."

From her tone you can easily figure out that she was scolding him.

"Why don't you sleep too? Try to sleep a little earlier." he asked rather suggestively in a flat tone.

He did not earn any answer from the latter until she fully dried his hair.

"Done." she said putting down the blowing. "Now you tell me what has gotten into you and you're being stubborn like that."

He furrowed his eyebrows to the milady who was starting an interrogation.

He did not utter anything which caused the milady to speak up more seriously. She called him again," Jong-In."

"Nothing Joo Hyun, really." he coldly replied closing his eyes and shifting his position- his back facing her.

Joo Hyun felt defeated heaving a sigh, she wanted to avert her attention to something else like watching their evening primetime Keroro Gunsho but his stubbornness also killed her mood so she decided to go out of the room and walk to the wide hallways of the mansion's second floor and got into one of the classic veranda where breezy air was really relaxing during the evening.

 

Again, she heaved another sigh. She was already frustrated with his tantrums.

"Lost your temper already?" a familiar cold tone asked her.

She looked from the side and saw her ethics instructor who was leaning on the

wall.

She then gave him a faint smile.

He crossed his arms and walk near the milady, "Joo Hyun-ah, there's a lot more to understand about Jong-In. He's not all perfect like what the internet and reading articles says so I'm telling you to be more patient."

"I know all of us have our not-so-good memories Mr. Wu, maybe it's my first time he acted so stubborn to me." she complained.

"What did he do to you already?" the ethics instructor chuckled as he asked the question.

"He keeps on ignoring me, and he doesn't listen to me."

Mr. Wu started giggling,"And your mood was also ruined with that?"

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows; it was her very first time seeing her ethics instructor let out laugh. For her, it was almost impossible to imagine that the mysterious gentleman could project such expression.

"Just don't go with Jong-In's temper with your temper, okay? Because it's going to be like you kick a stone with you barefoot." he reminded her with a warm expression.

"Mr. Wu, I never thought that you have a warm side of you." she stated rather teasing than appreciated the warm treatment she received from the latter.

"So you really think of me as a cold person?" one of his thick handsome eyebrow curved up.

"Certainly." she answered rather formally like what they used to during their ethics sessions. "Thank you Mr. Wu." she warmly smiled to the mysterious gentleman.

"I think I should be the one thanking you for today Joo Hyun." he flashed a small yet grateful smile to the milady as he reached for her hand and gentle squeeze it.

"Thank You for listening to me this afternoon."

She was completely surprised when the mysterious gentleman held her hand but his presence seems comforting whenever he is near her. Certainly, the mysterious gentleman has his warm spot despite of his totally cold and sometimes fierce appearance.

"I think I should get back now." she gently retracted her hand from his grip and started walking her way to the hallways. But before she could even get farther she turned and greeted him, "Good night Mr. Wu."

"You call me Wu Fan-oppa from now on Joo Hyun. Good night now!" he audibly spoke as he greeted out enough for her to hear him from short distance.


It was almost ten in the evening when she got back into the heir's room. And to her own surprise, his sleeping husband was not really sleeping but watching her favorite sargeant frog.

"Where have you been?" Jong-In asked sharply without retracting his attention from watching the cartoon show.

She was a bit taken aback by the tone of his question.

"I thought you wanted to sleep earlier, I just went to the huge veranda for some fresh air."

"You've already missed the good part of Keroro don't you know that?"

He did really know what to say, he sensed that his wife has gotten tired of his stubborn attitude.

"I might just watch the replay sometime." she bluntly answered.

He cannot stand the way she answered him. Hence, he was just having a taste of his own medicine, so he spilled, "Uh, about that...it's just that I'm not in the mood. And-"

"And what?" before he could even finish his sentence Joo Hyun impatiently abridged it.

He sighed hard perceiving that their conversation might end up into a heated argument that evening. "Never mind, just go to bed and sleep."

Joo Hyun was already fumed up with his attitude, and hissed as she walked with heavy steps going to the bed room, "You know how to listen to talk to Tiffany-unnie freely but not to me? Serves you, I'm not going to ask you anymore."

The heir has keen senses and heard her words clearly from their few meters stance, "I've heard that, don't make me the only bad person in here. I'm only close to my Tiffany-noona, but you're always with Chanyeol-hyung and Kris-hyung."

Her husband's reasoning really went to her nerves, she then walked in front of him who was squatting in the sofa and blocked what he was watching.

She crossed her arms to her chest and beamed him with a stern look, "Who said it's just Tiffany-unnie, if I know you're also into Krystal."

"Yah! Don't block what I'm watching.” he complained, and shooed her to step aside.” For your information I'm a one-woman-man!"

She let out a smirk of disbelief. "And who are you loyal with?"

He was completely awestruck and bowled over with his wife's question. He was shut for a while and prevented eye contact with her.

She was completely annoyed and disappointed with his actions. "See? You can't even answer."

She then decided not to continue their nonsense argument since it's not her nature to argue, and she has no plans to become a wife nagger towards her 'one-woman-man' husband.

But before she could just walk away from his sight her husband unexpectedly pulled her hand and made her sat on his lap as he envelope her from a back hug.

He was silent for a moment and so she was, until he randomly handed her the life-size Keroro she owned that was more often used by him since he began sleeping in the sofa.

"You hug Keroro, and let's finish watching together." he childishly uttered out of the situation statements as he rested his chin to her shoulder.

Her mind lagged again.’ It’s really hard to understand you, but it's my role right?'

They were stay put as that until they finished the sergeant frog's show.

She was about to retract but his back hug just got even tighter

"Jong-In-ah let's sleep now? It's late already." she was really ill at eased to their position but he simply won't just let her go easily.

"Kris-hyung, Chanyeol-hyung. Can you lessen hanging out with them?" he childishly requested.

"Bwo?" she retracted a little from him so she can take a better look of her husband's face and ask, "Why?"

He was already pouting, "Because I don't want to."

She really found his request very childish and random, but it cannot be denied that she felt happy about it. She retracted from him and stood up as she goes into his bed room. But before she entered the bedroom she answered her husband’s request, "I'll try, but I cannot promise. You also must be good to me."