Life Savior

The Heir's Love Story

Six weeks have passed and it was already their midterms. Things have gotten complex and the students were busy as hell.

The four girls were all sleepless for almost a week and Seohyun have gotten a slight fever already

“Joo Hyun can you still keep up until this afternoon or should we send you home?” the doe-eyed girl anxiously asked the poor maknae.

“There’s no need unnie. I can keep up until this afternoon. Don’t worry.” She reassured the concerned older girl beside her.

“Just lay on your desk and after this class we are going to send you in the clinic.” The tanned girl reminded her.

But the maknae was really persistent and insisted to write down notes from her lesson until she felt extreme cold in her while body and vision turned blank then collapsed to his side.

He put the back of his hand to her neck and checked her temperature – her fever has gotten worse.

“Mr. Park, I’ll just bring Ms. Seo to the clinic. Please excuse us.” He stood up and scooped the unconscious girl on her seat. He then carried her outside the room.

Everyone, including the three girls was shocked with his sudden act that the young gentleman just did.

“So, getting back to our topic there are two kinds of tumors. The benign and the malignant – “The professor tried his best to caught his students’ attention, while simply checking out the two who just exited the room.

 

----------

While walking on the hallways, the innocent maknae gained her consciousness and found her self being carried by Jong-In in a bridal-like manner.

“Jong-In-ssi, I’m okay now. You can put me down and let’s go back to class. We might miss out Mr. Park’s important points.” She stubbornly remarked as she attempted to stand up on her own.

“You’ll rest in the clinic for now Joo Hyun-ssi.” He firmly uttered.

He continued carrying her until they reached the institute’s clinic and made her lie down in the hospital bed.

“Rest for now, I’ll just lend you my notes later.” He uttered once more in his usual low firm tone as he covers her body with a blanket.

“Rest as I say Joo-Hyun-ssi, let me get everything and lend it to you later.” He defied the older girl using a rather imposing tone.

Jong-In went back to the class as she rested in the clinic.

“How is she feeling right now?” the doe-eyed girl quickly asked him as he sits down to his seat.

“Stubborn, she wants to go back here.” He responded.

“Thank goodness she’s okay. Thank you Jong-In-ah.”

“The young gentleman did not utter any words in return but continued typing down the lesson on his IPad.

Joo Hyun was advised to rest in the clinic for the rest of the day and was not able to attend classes anymore as she fell into a deep slumber after taking anti-convulsant.

The last class ended and everyone went to their respective homes.

“Yoona-ssi.” A low voice called her.

“Neh, Jong-In-ssi.” She turned to his direction.

“Tell her to give this back to me tomorrow.” He handed his Ipad to the doe-eyed girl and walked out of the room.

“Hey Jong-In-ah isn’t this too much?”

“Weird guy, lending his Ipad for Joo-Hyunnie” isn’t he too kind? Or he likes our maknae?” the doe-eyed girl muttered to herself.

“Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung packed their things and went to the clinic also carrying Seohyun’s things.

“Hyunnie, your bag.” Sooyoung put down the maknae’s bag on the hospital bed.

“Are there any activities that I missed unnies?” the youngest worriedly asked as she attempted to stand up.

“Don’t worry Hyun. Everything was pure discussion and you didn’t miss anything.” The tanned girl reassured the youngest girl who was sitting in the hospital bed.

“Jong-In told me to give this to you; he said that everything was there.” The doe-eyed girl handed her the gentleman’s Ipad,

“You mean this Ipad Yoong-unnie?” she wondered. She then touched the screen of the gadget and the folder with a note appeared.

“Kim Jong-In’s notes.” She read the title of the folder and notes beside the folder. ‘Stubborn girl, return my Ipad tomorrow. Study everything there we’ll be having a quiz in Hematology next meeting.’

“He really lent me his notes.”

“Omo Seohyunnie seems that the heir is exceptionally nice when it comes to you. I smell something weird. Could it be…would you mind sharing it to us?” Yoona started to become giddy and the other tow as well, as they started to tease the youngest.

“Yes, we’ve noticed that Seohyun!” the shikshin supported.

“And the way he carried you this morning. Everyone in the class envied you!” Yuri added.

“Enough of that, unnies! Jong-In-ssi is just a kind-hearted person.” She defended the young man’s actions but eventually blushed.

“Joo Hyunnie! You’re blushing again!” the doe-eyed girl noticed the color change of her face.

“Maknae knows how to have a crush already.” the tanned girl teased.

“That’s nonsense Yuri-unnie!” the maknae breathed out of her nose hard.

“Omo-look who is guilty!” the shikshin even added fuel on the fire.

 

And so, the three girls sent their youngest to her home. The three older girls loves to bully the youngest but they obviously love her very much. The four of them promised to stay with each to her until they become ajummas and it seems that the four of them are going to stay as best friends forever.

The innocent maknae started to copy the lessons from his Ipad to her notebook as he went inside her room.

It was already 8:30pm when she finished copying all the notes she missed that day. She did not dare to open the other applications and folders on his Ipad and only got curious with the other applications after copying everything.

“It’s not that bad if I play Tap Tap or Temple Run, right?” she asked herself.

But as she explores the Ipad she only saw a folder of photographs and a phonebook of few contacts.

“Weird Ipad, so this gadget is meant to be a plain notebook?’ she thought. And she opened the folder of the photographs.

“She saw four pictures with captions “Yunho-appa.” “Taeyon-umma.” “Grand Master Kim.” and

“Gajok (family) + Butler Ho Dong.”

‘Maybe they are the most important people for him.’ She thought. She then realized that she was already invading his privacy. She just researched his number on the contacts and messaged him using her smart phone.

‘Thank you for lending me your notes.’ – Seo Joo Hyun

Jong-In was currently eating his dinner together with Grand Master Kim when he received her message.

Jong-In was currently eating his dinner together with Grand Master Kim when he received her message.

“Who is it, Jong-In?” the old master asked as soon as he hears the beep tone of his grandson’s phone.

“Just one of my classmates Harabeoji.”

“Who is your classmate? What is her name exactly?” the old man’s tone grew more serious.

Her? “He noticed the old man’s emphasis but then again ignored it, and bluntly replied, “It’s Seo

Joo Hyun, my seatmate.”

The old master’s eyes suddenly widened upon hearing the lady’s name.

“Jong-In-ah, I am glad that you’re already friends with Seo-ssi.”

“We’re just seatmates, and that’s all Harabeoji.” He replied coldly not wanting his grandfather to give color to their relationship any longer.

“So what do you about this young lady Jong-In-ah?”

“She’s my seatmate, we are partners during experiments and that’s all.”

“And then –“the old man was expecting for more.

“Why suddenly become curious about my seatmate?”

“Jong-In-ah! You don’t know how proud I am to you now.”

“Waeyo?”

“You just found your soon-to-be-wife grandson. Keep that up and I will pass down the company to you sooner.”

 “Seo Joo Hyun-ssi? My wife-to-be?” he almost threw up what he just ate.

“Yes Grandson, Joo Hyun is the granddaughter of my most trusted butler and dear friend Butler Seo.”

“That can’t be Harabeoji.” He protested as he dropped the utensils he was holding. “Marrying never crossed my mind.”

“But you need to marry that girl before I pass you all the family’s wealth Jong-In.”

“Can’t I just handle it alone without disturbing and marrying anyone?" He furiously asked.

“Marrying a girl I just knew completely makes no sense!”

“As soon as you reach your Yunho-appa’s age, you’ll understand why I want you to marry such a young lady like her before taking over the whole company.”

That night became sleepless for the heir. He was not happy with the idea of marrying a girl for the sake of his inheritance. For him, his grandfather’s idea was illogical. He knows himself very well, he can take over the company without the help of anyone, without marrying Seo Joo Hyun. He is certain that he’ll hurt someone’s feelings, he has high aspirations in life, he lives for his goals but he is not an extremely greedy person despite of those facts. He doesn’t like to hurt someone’s feelings, not her.