Goodbye My Love..

Goodbye My Love..

"Yah! Jaehee-ah! What's taking you so long??!!" Chanyeol shouted from outside.

 

The two were going to their usual hang out place. The old tree by the hill. That was their favorite hangout place ever since they were kids. They would spend the whole afternoon chatting and playing pranks on each other.

 

Jaehee and Chanyeol were childhood friends. They never left each other's side until now that they reached their senior year in highschool. Jaehee was envied by the other girls in school since Chanyeol became an instant heartrob in school. She doesn't really care about those threats she received from pathetic girls, saying that she must stay away from him. Besides, she knew that Chanyeol has her back. She knew that Chanyeol would never leave her sspecially when she's in trouble.

 

Theyve been friends since forever and for Chanyeol, their closeness and friendship are the things he treasures the most. But despite all this, Jaehee is the most important person in his life. He knew he had fallen inlove with her ever since they reached 5th grade. At first, he thought that it was just some sort of confusion but the feeling grew deeper and he was convinced that it was love. He didn't bother to tell Jaehee about his feelings for her and decided to keep it to himself.

 

All these years, he never had the urge to tell her in thr fright of rejection. He's scared that if he tells her, there's a great possibility that she doesn't feel the same way and if that happens, she might avoid him and  that's onne thing he will never accept.

 

Now, their sitting under the old tree. Before, it was just normal sitting alone with her since they were bestfriends. But now, it's different. He's sitting alone with the love of his life. With the person he considers everything. And the person he considers life.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHANYEOL'S P.O.V

 

She's sitting alone with me. Jaehee, my bestfriend, my love, my everything and my life, is sitting alone with me. How I wish I could tell her what I truly feel about her. But if there's something that I would never sacrifice, it would be our friendship. I'd rather kee this for myself than lose my bestfriend through a stupid reason.

 

Yes. Keeping this secret is perfect. If I will tell her I love her, I will just hurt her with another secret I have. I don't wanna see her cry so I think it's better to keep it.

 

I kept on looking at her and she was indeed beautiful. That pair of doe eyes, that long black hair that falls perfectly on her shoulders and that pouty lips that I die to kiss.

 

"Jaehee-ah.." I uttered. I was shocked to see her turn her attention to me. Then I realized that I was really close to her that a single whisper can be heard.

 

"Yes?" she asked. I looked into her eyes and I can't help but fall inlove with her more and more. She seems so innocent and peaceful.

 

"Uh. N-n-nothing.." I stuttered. Aish! Why am I stuttering? FAIL CHANYEOL! FAIL! Don't be so obvious you idiot!!

 

"Ok.." she nodded. Kim Jaehee..you seem so perfect and everything seems perfect whe I'm with you. I love you. How I wish I could spend my lifetime with you. But there are just instances that are out of my hands. I guess I'll just watch you be happy. Your happiness would be my happiness.

 

I was drowning into my thoughts when she held my left hand.

 

"Yah! This ring looks cool! Where's you bought it?" she was referring to the ring on my ringfinger. It was a plain silver ring.

 

"Uhm..somewhere." I answered.

 

"Can I have it?" she asked.

 

"NO!" I blurted out. She was shocked by my sudden action and with that, she pouted and released my hand.

 

"I'm sorry.." I apologized. I saw her bow her head. God! I curse myslef for shouting at her.

 

The reason I acted that way is because the ring means a lot to me. It means everything to me. And if I say everything, it's EVERYTHING.

 

I'm sorry Jaehee.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAEHEE'S P.O.V

 

Since when did sitting alone with Chanyeol feels awkward? We've been sitting under this old tree since childhood but today feels weird. Awkward silence wasn't our type of thrill but today's different.

 

What's up with this troll?

 

I can feel his eyes on me and something within me tells me its odd. Then out of the blue, he mentioned my name in a whisper.

 

"Jaehee-ah.." I don't really know his reason why he mentioned my name in that manner.

 

I asked. He stutterd. Something's really not right.

 

I didn't bother to scrutinize his action so I ignored it/

 

I noticed a ring on his finger and what's weird is that he placed it on his ringfinger. I remembered well that he will only put a ring on his ringfinger if he's inlove. Is he? Alright. Now, my bestfriend's inlove and I bet he's gonna have a girlfriend.

 

I must be happy fro him right?

 

But I just can't. He's mine. Chanyeol's mine. I know it's improper for me to say this but I saw him first. I've been crushing on him ever since we were in middle school. And now, I'm convinced that I'm inlove with him.

 

But as we say it, friendship is more important.

 

Chanyeol-sshi, you're important to me and I love you but I need to get rid of this 'cause I'm afraid that if I won't, I'm gonna lose you. And losing you is my worst nightmare. You're inlove and I guess, I'm stuck at the friendzone forever. Sigh.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time flies so fast for Jaehee and Chanyeol. They have graduated together and planned to go to the same college. No one could ever be more excited than Jaehee. She's gonna be spending her college with her bestfriend again.

 

Everything seems to be perfect. Their friendship went well despite each other's hidden feelings.

 

Jaehee's birthday is getting nearer and nearer. She could not ask anything but her bestfriend. Chanyeol left for the US without telling his bestfriend about it. Jaehee tried to ask Chanyeol's mom but the latter would always tell her that it's for Chanyeol's good.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAEHEE'S P.OV

 

A lot of things happened already. Chanyeol and I graduated together. Now, my birthday's getting near but it that he's not with me.

 

Chanyeol-sshi.. where the heck are you?? I miss you...Please  come back..

 

Chanyeol left for the US a week after our graduation. It's been 10 months and its killing me. He's not even giving me a call or even email me. Did he forget about me already?

 

It can't be. He'l be back and I'm not losing hope.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 days before my birthday and I heard my mom talking to Chanyeol's mom.

 

Is he coming home? I can't wait.

 

I really didn't get to listen to  their conversation but I'm sure that it was about Chanyeol.

 

I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to hug him. I can't wait to tell him how much I missed him. Moreover, I can't wait to tell im what I really feel about him.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A night before  my birthday. I saw Chanyeol's mom crying. I really wondered why she was crying that time. I tried to ask my mom about it but she wouldn't tell me. I swear I can see sadness in her eyes. It seems that she's really worred.

 

Can somebody please tell me what's going on?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's my birthday nad I saw Chanyeol's place busy. Is he home already?

 

I jumped out of my bed, fixed myself and hurriedly went to their house,

 

I opened the door and I saw my mom and Chanyeol's mom crying. I tried to scrutinize the place and still, no sign of Chanyeol. Where is he? I wanna see him!

 

"When is Chanyeol coming home?" I asked his mom. She didn't reply but sobbed harder.

 

This is making me nervous. Did something bad happen to Chanyeol?

 

"What's going on? Mom?" I turned to mom and she was crying too.

 

Chanyeol's mom handed a plain white box to me.

 

"It would be better if  you open that inside Chanyeol's room. I followed what they said.

 

As I entered his room, it was empty. I felt lonely upon seeing his bedroom. I guess I just miss him that much.

 

I sat on  his bed and placed the box on it. I opened it and I found a heart-shaped locket inside. I found an envelop that says "READ THIS FIRST".

 

I opened the envelope and found a letter addressed to me. It was from Chanyeol.

 

My tears kept on flowing freely on my  cheeks. This is not true!! Chanyeol's not dead! He's not!!! I havent told him how much I love him yet!!!! He's not dead! HE'S NOT!!!

 

"He's not dead..!" I held his letter tightly on my chest. Mom and his mom entered the room and calmed me down.

 

"He doesn't want you to worry Jaehee-ah. He loves you so much that's why he asked me not tell you about it. I'm sorry.." his mom told me as she touchd my back to calm me down.

 

I looked at the box and I found a small red box in it. I opened it and found a ring. It was the same as the ring he was wearing. I scrutinized tha box and found out that the other ring was missing. Right then and there, I realized that it was a couple ring.

 

Mom handed me the locket.

 

"Here's his remains. Chanyeol requested us to cremate his body and give a portion of his ashes to you. He said that through this locket, he wants you to feel his presence."

 

I held tighter on the locket. The man I loved, the man I was dreaming to build a family with is now burned to ashed and kept into a locket. Can I go on without you by my side Chanyeol-sshi?

 

Mom calmed me down and hugged me. But my heart continued breaking. The heart that belongs to Chanyeol is now breaking into pieces.

 

Night came and I continued to cry my heart out.

 

I miss you Chanyeollie...

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE:

 

JAEHEE'S P.O.V

 

Now, I'm here again. Here at this old tree where Chanyeol and I spent our friendship and lives together. I can't help but reminisce our cries, our laughs and our pranks spent together under this old tree.

 

I held onto the locket on my chest and looked at the ring on my ringfinger. I decided to spread some of his ashes onto the tree as a sign of his presence.

 

"I love you Chanyeollie.. I will always do." I said as I held onto the locket and closed my eyes.

 

With that, I felt like someone is hugging me. The way that the wind caressed my body made me smile.

 

"I love you...I miss you..." I whispered to the wind.

 

As Chanyeol said, he will live on forever. He will. 'Cause I will forever believe that he's alive.

 

Strong and alive inside my heart...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

=END=