Chapter Six

Mrs. Jung Yuri

Mrs. Jung Yuri

ChapterSix

 

Yunho was never a jealous guy, he never had the need to be so.  But the moment he saw the guy got out of his car, he became aware of the green monster that has been long living and hidden inside him for a very long time.  He felt the need to pull Yuri and shield her from the guy’s view.  He felt his body stiffen as he balled his fists at his sides.

“Knew you wouldn’t be so pleased,” he heard his little devil of a sister said beside him as she, too, eyed the approaching newcomers. 

The guy who was only wearing a wife-beater and a pair of jeans and what would most girls deem as y as hell was laughing merrily at what his wife was saying.  His fists were itching to wipe his grin off his face so badly but he resisted just for Yuri’s sake.  He has never seen her so thrilled for the past weeks that they been married.        

“Hey,” his wife said as she gave him a peck on his lips.  “Sorry, I am late.  This is Yoochun Park.  He is my friend from Japan, we worked together for some time before I came home.”  Yunho offered his hand to his wife’s friend.

“Mr. Park.  It’s nice to finally meet someone who has worked with my wife before I met her.” 

“Pleasure,” Yoochun said.  The amused smile didn’t escape Yunho.  “Call me Yoochun.  It feels like I’ve known you for a long time after Yuri said so much about you.”

“I hope you only heard the good things?”  Many thoughts ran through his head.  Could Yuri be complaining him to be a not good husband?”

“Don’t let him know that I’ve been bragging,” Yuri said and encircled her arms around his waist.  “He’d think that I’ve gone crazy over him.”

Before he could come up with something to say, they were distracted by a clearing of throat by his side.  His sister, glaring at the three of them, was regrettably ignored. 

“I’m Krystal,” she said and held her hand out.  His sister probably thought she’d just get the introduction done by herself if her presence was neglected.  Yoochun shook her hand and smiled, looking beyond amused by this time.  “Is that your car?”

“The sister, huh?” he asked and Yuri nodded.  “Yep, that baby is mine.  I had it shipped from Japan after I decided to move back here for good.”

Warning bells started ringing inside Yunho’s head.  Did he hear it right?  He was moving back to Korea? 

He didn’t know how exactly Yuri and Yoochun worked together in Japan.  According to the profile he read before he married Yuri, she was a violinist and he couldn’t imagine someone who looked like Yoochun would work related to classical music. 

“Nice car.  What was your work in Japan?  I doubt you consider lifting a baton to lead an orchestra as work, do you?” Krystal asked.  Some people might mistake her straightforwardness to being rude but that was just how his sister was. 

Yoochun laughed, a one hearty laugh.  “Baton?  No, I worked at a car customizing company in Japan.”

“Then how did you get acquainted at work?  Weren’t you a violinist?” Krystal asked Yuri.

The confusion on her sister’s face was mirrored on his own.  He couldn’t see how the two of them could work together if they worked at such different fields of work.

“Y-yeah,” Yuri said.  He felt her clutch ain fistful of his shirt.  “We-we happened to work together for a Korean gala benefit.”

Yunho saw how Yuri gave Yoochun a warning look.  The guy just looked more amused.  There was definitely something that his wife and Yoochun not telling them.  He wanted to prod more his wife to tell him what was it about but, once again, he held himself.  Each passing day, Yuri became dearer to him than he initially allowed himself to let her.  She just kept on drawing him near her, kept him wanting more to be near her. Seeing another guy displaying more intimacy than him with her, made him possessive of her, of his wife.

“It’s getting late,” Yoochun declared.  “I guess I have to be home now.”  He bade goodbye to them all.

“Thank you for coming by,” Yuri called as Yoochun walked off to his flashy car.  He turned back and smiled meaningfully.

“Anytime, Yuri,” he said and continued on. 

Until Yoochun drove out of sight, Yuri’s gaze could not break away from his speeding car.  It made his heart constrict.  He has never looked at him that way.  When he saw them at the night of their wedding, he thought that it didn’t matter if she loved someone else because it was all just a marriage bound by business.  He wasn’t prepared with what Yuri was like.

“Come on,” Yuri said.  She took his arms and guided him inside the house.  She kept her smile, telling him about her day yet he couldn’t seem to see the thrill she had earlier.


 

He was in the study room and just finished talking to their lawyer.  They talked about the papers for bidding for the next day.  The day wasn’t getting any better.  He had the same busy day in the office and to top it all, he came home without his wife waiting for him, and when she came home, she has with her a hot guy who knew more about her than him, her husband. 

“I don’t think they met or worked together in a gala,” a voice from the doorway said.  It was Krystal.  Contrary to what she always looked like, Krystal looked innocent, more like her age.  “What do you think?”

His sister made further inside the room uninvited.  But he barely noticed it though because his mind was racing as to the girl who was probably sleeping on their marital bed.  “I think you should just give it a rest, Krys.  It doesn’t matter how they met.  She’s my wife now and I think you should just get yourself get used to it.”

“I don’t know how she managed to get you to be like this at such a short time but I won’t let you be in marriage that’s a sham.”  He felt blood rose to his brain at what his sister said.  He knew that Krystal was stubborn but she never displayed such willfulness before.  He just hoped that she will find it to accept Yuri because he has no intention of letting her go.  Not even with a little witch sister to bother them all the time.

He sighed, exasperated and determined.  “As I said, you should just give it a rest.”

When he went to their room, he saw Yuri already sleeping.  For a long time, he watched her sleep, her face, free of any emotion that she usually easily showed.  He didn’t know what exactly about her that pulled him, he just did anyway.

At the boudoir, he found an invitation addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Jung Yunho.  It was for a charity event.  He sighed.  For the past weeks that they had been married, he buried himself to work, barely giving her time.  Whenever he got home, he wanted so much to spend more time with her, know more about her but sooner than they could usually expect, either of them would end up sleeping and the sun would just rise as they have let another day without spending much time with each other.  As members of the upper class families, they need exposures as a couple to the society.  And because of the said schedule, it was hard to find time to attend any parties that gave them opportunity to debut as another couple of the alta sociedad

He threaded the gold lining of the invitation and looked at his wife.  It’s time to show the world Mrs. Jung Yuri.


 

The moment their arrival was announced, Yunho has never felt like even just a pair of eyes left each of their movements, scrutinizing, finding faults as the most of the upper class do.

“Now that I could see your wife closely, I could understand why you cooped her up for so long,” a plump man said who looked a little choked with his tie.

“But I know she has her eyes only for me, Mr. Gu,” Yunho said playfully and pulled Yuri closer to him.  He was flaunting her for everyone to see and sometimes it made her a little uncomfortable.  It’s not easy to be under the eyes of the matrons of the party.  The way they looked at her, it was as if they could see even the smallest pore she had on her face.

“Do tell me if you feel uncomfortable with all this attention,” he whispered to her.  She just tapped him slightly on the shoulder and smiled.

“I can handle myself,” she said and excused from the group.  As she walked away, his eyes trained on her every move. 

 “Is this the time when I should be worrying about my existence in your life?” a voice said behind him.  It was Changmin.  He almost forgot that his best friend was supposed to go in behalf of his parents who were on a cruise.  He just laughed it off.  It had been Changmin’s everyday joke for him whenever he called Yuri.

“No one can match your being busy-body so I don’t think you’d be replaced anytime soon.”  The two of them talked more as they rounded friends and acquaintances until he caught Changmin’s alarmed face.

“You know, about what you said earlier, I don’t think I’d be replaced as easily but Yuri didn’t think he same thing about you,” he said.  Yunho followed at what his best friend was looking at.

Yuri was standing at the cocktail area, holding a flute of a blue mixture and talking to someone he prayed he would not bump into.  Yuri was talking to Yoochun Park, now wearing a black tie on his black coat.


a/n:  I swear I am half asleep.  Let's sleep!