Just Once

Just Once

Hi, I'm Tiffany Hwang. I'm currently 21 and is still living with my father, step mother, and step sister. I actually had thought about renting my own place but my father disapproved not wanting his only blood related daughter to leave him. My father met my step mother 5 years ago and now are expecting a child.

 

My step sister, Jessica is a year older than me. Truthfully, When we met, we just kind of clicked. We were polar opposites but that was what made us become even closer. I just simply love her.. Opps.. Did I just say that? Oh well.. That was supposed to be a secret but I guess you know now.. *blush*

 

It was actually over a year since we met through our parents when I started to have these feelings for her. She doesn't know. She would look at me whenever I stare at her for too long and ask, "Do I have something on my face?" She was so cute. And I would reply, "Yes you do." She stares at me questionably. I smirk. "You have this really cute look on and it makes me want to pinch your cheeks so badly." She would blush and give me a light slap on my thigh then say, "Yah.. stop teasing me.. I'm older than you." I would chuckle then more. My father will tell me to stop in a teasing way then her mother will come in and try to defend me. It would be switched. Jessica's mother would be on my side and my father would be on Jessica's side.

I smiled at those memories sadly.

 

Now, whenever I try to hang out with Jessica, she won't have time for me. She's busy with her job, school stuff and her girlfriend, Yuri, who is very beautiful. When Jessica introduced Yuri to me and our parents, we were stunned by Yuri's beauty. She was very kind and boyish. I admired her for that but she's my love rival. 

 

Once I accidentally saw them in the middle of their love making session and I felt so torn apart. I couldn't bear to look Jessica in the eyes for a while.

 

She came up to me in a pissed off mood and said to me,

 

"I knew it was you."

 

I replied with a "What Jessi?"

 

She scoffed and gave me a glare.

 

"You saw us and ran. Me and Yuri felt embarrassed so we stopped and didn't finish!" She said and blushed.

 

I sighed.

 

"Whatever. Next time, make sure to close your door and lock it." Then I walked to my room.

 

She followed me still then says,

 

"Fany, I'm hungry. Let's go out to eat. Dad and mom aren't home and Yuri's taking me out to eat dinner with her at Crazy Sushi. I know you love sea food so just come." 

 

I grabbed my coat and shook my head.

 

"No thanks. I don't want to ruin your date." 

 

"You're not ruining anything, Fany. Yuri wants you to come as well." 

 

"Really?" 

 

She nods and gives me a gentle smile.

 

"Please Fany-ah? Her younger sisters are coming as well." 

 

She holds my hands but I removed them and told her.

 

"No Jessica, Not today. I have plans with a friend." 

 

She didn't look happy.

 

"Friend? Who's this friend? You know that Yuri payed for you right? We've made reservations!" She raised her voice, 

 

"Then I'll pay her back." 

 

"How are you going to do that?" 

 

"Jessica, even though I don't have a job like you. I have ways.." Before she could say anything, I walked out quickly and left the house.

 

That was when I went to meet Sunny. She was the one who would listens to me and cheers me up. She and Hyoyeon are both very dorky but I love them for that because they always manage to cheer me up.

Sunny had to leave early that day because her girlfriend was involved in an accident and was admitted into the hospital. 

 

These events all happened just last year.

 

Here I am, packing my stuff secretly. I haven't told my parents that I was moving out or gotten my own place yet. I know that when I tell them, they'll freak out. I wonder how Jessica would react. I bet she won't care. I mean she somewhat moved out, too, Not really. It's just that she's been staying over at Yuri's now-a-days and will only come home on Fridays and Saturdays. My parents won't question her because they trust her but they question me whenever I come home one hour late. I'm not a child anymore but they still treat me as one. I'm tired on it. 

 

I grabbed my luggage and opened my door gently, not wanting to make any noises to wake my parents who were next door. I quietly walked out and went to the living room. It was only 4 in the morning but I didn't want to wait. I had to get out of here. Tomorrow will just be another heart break. Yuri's coming over to pick Jessica up for their 3rd year annirversary. I found myself breathing heavily. My chest hurts badly and I can't help but feel like I just want to run away.

 

I reached the front door and stepped out of the house and felt the morning breeze. It felt good. I looked back inside the house and it was dark. I closed my eyes and whispered to no one.

 

"Goodbye.." Then turned back and walked to my car with my stuff.

 

Just once, I wanted to tell Jessica that I loved her. I just want to let go of these feelings. I just want to tell it to her before leaving but I didn't. I didn't look back as I drove off, away from the house, away from my neighborhood. I went far away and I don't wish to come back.. Not so soon.. not until I get rid of these feelings that I have for my step-sister... When I finally learn to move on from my 5 years of a one-sided love towards Jessica, then I'll return. I just hope that they don't freak out when they realized that I'm gone after they waken.

 

One last time, I whispered,

 

 

"Goodbye............"

 

 

The End...