Like or Like Like?

Like or Like Like?

 

Title: Like or Like Like?
Length: One shot
Fandom/Characters: MyungYa (MyungSoo/HoYa)
Author: [info]theblobmaster
Rating: PG-13 
Warning: Cheesy
Disclaimer: I own nothing but the words and plot.
Summary: How do you know you like someone or like likes someone?
Authors Note: I have been deprived for MyungYa fics lately, so I decided to write one myself. Hope you enjoy ~
 

 

 

”I like you.”

MyungSoo blinked. Once. Twice. Trice. 

“Huh?”

MyungSoo stared dumbly at his friend sitting next to him. HoWon was sweating and fidgeting with his shirt.

“I said, I like you.”

“I heard, but I figured that was given since we’re friends? I like you too.”

HoWon sighed. He knew it was going to be like this.

“I like you more than as a friend. I want to hold you, kiss you and possibly more.”

MyungSoo continued to stare at his now furiously blushing friend. It was the first time he saw his friend in this condition. It was intriguing. Unconsciously MyungSoo had reached out for his camera and turned it on. Just when he was pushing down the shutter HoWon turned around wide eyed with embarrassment.

“Why are you taking my photo?”

HoWon just hissed. HoWon never hissed.

“Because you were beautiful like that.”

MyungSoo watched in fascination how HoWon turned even redder.

“Stop getting my hopes up, if you don’t have any intention of returning my feelings.”

HoWon was both ecstatic and crushed at the same time from MyungSoo’s comment. He knew his friend was blunt and sometimes he said things without realizing their meaning to others. He sighed.

“Just. You know. No rush, but get back to me after some time about how you feel.”

With that HoWon got up from his place beside MyungSoo and left. MyungSoo’s eyes trailing after him. When HoWon was no more in sight, MyungSoo looked down on the little screen on his camera, staring right back at HoWon’s wide eyes. 

 

“SungYeol?”

SungYeol grunted in response.

“When one says they want to hold you, kiss you and possibly more. What do they mean then?”

At that SungYeol choked on his ramen.

“Who said that?”

“Not important. Does that mean the person wants to be lovers?”

SungYeol eyed MyungSoo suspiciously, before nodding. MyungSoo nodded to himself and looked thoughtfully at his camera for a while before looking at SungYeol again.

“How do I know if I want the same?”

“MyungSoo this is the first time you ask about these things. I know for a fact that you have been confessed to a billion times or so before. You never hesitated there. Why now?”

“Cause’ it’s a friend that confessed.”

“Who? You don’t have any female friends.”

“Never said anything about a female.”

This time SungYeol choked on the air.

“I demand you tell me right this instant who it is. I know him right?”

MyungSoo shrugged before leaving his friend with his food. Behind him SungYeol cursed and threw his hands up in frustration. MyungSoo heard him but couldn’t be bothered. SungYeol didn’t help him figuring out his feelings so he had to ask another one.
MyungSoo knew that HoWon was important to him, but not how important or if he was more important than his other friends. Just that HoWon was important and he didn’t want him out of his life.

 

“MyungSoo look where you are going, otherwise you’ll crash into the wall.”

SungGyu stated tiredly. He had just come out after round of singing lessons with a strict sunbae.

“Hyung! You can help me right? SungYeol is useless. Of course I should’ve come to you right away.”

SungGyu was as confused as one can be at this point.

“How do I know if I want to be lovers with another person?”

The innocence behind the question threw SungGyu of track. How would one know that?

“Well, for starters do you like them as a person?”

MyungSoo nodded.

“Do you feel the need to touch them?”

“Touch them how?”

“Just touch them, feel that they are there?”

MyungSoo did like to touch HoWon, he had soft skin and he was warm, so he was nice to hug in the winter. So he supposes that he felt the need to touch HoWon?

“Anything else?”

“MyungSoo why are you asking these questions?”

“Just because. Is there anything else?”

SungGyu just shook his head and walked towards the cafeteria.

“Ask someone else; I’m too tired for this.”

MyungSoo briefly looked at his hyung’s retreating back before getting back to the task at hand. He thought a bit about who he should ask next when DongWoo appeared in front of him looking worried.

“Hey, you okay there? You seem to be spaced out.”

When MyungSoo reacted, DongWoo beamed at him. DongWoo. MyungSoo like him as a person too and he’s also really good to hug and has just as soft skin as HoWon, so does that mean that MyungSoo like likes DongWoo as well?

“Hyung, how do I know I want to be lovers with another?”

DongWoo thought a bit about it looking slightly distressed before he broke into a grin.

“You always want them to be happy. You want to protect them from getting hurt.”

“But I want that for my friends too?”

“Of course nobody likes to see a friend hurt. But when it’s with someone you love, you almost feel as if it’s you that got hurt instead. Or you wish it was you instead of them.”

The time where HoWon was hospitalized from fatigue, MyungSoo did feel bad and silently hoped that it had been him lying there instead. But he did that with SungGyu too and SungYeol, so that can’t be the key.

“Thanks hyung.”

DongWoo looked pleased that he could help before realizing something and took off in direction of the dance studios.

“Sorry I can’t stay longer; I promised HoWon I would meet him five minutes ago.”

 

MyungSoo walked out in the park to look for WooHyun, his football practise should be over. Just as he had predicted WooHyun was on his way back to the dorms after a game. When he spotted MyungSoo he started to jog over to him.

“Hey MyungSoo what’s up?”

“You’ve had a lover before right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“How did you know that you wanted to be lovers?”

“She had a smokin’ body”

MyungSoo frowned at the greasy smile WooHyun had begun to sport.

“No I mean, how do you know that you like like that person?”

“Oh that’s quite different. I don’t know. Wouldn’t you always want to be with that person? Like constantly by her side? You enjoy her company more than others?”

“So if I want to be with the person more than my other friends, it’s because I like like the person?”

“Yeah, I think?”

MyungSoo did like to hang out with HoWon more than the others. He felt more relaxed, like he wasn’t really judged in his company. HoWon didn’t feel the need to talk and neither did MyungSoo  so they would just sit in each other’s company.

“Hey where are you going?”

“I need to find SungJong.”

 

SungJong was in his room doing his homework when MyungSoo knocked on the door.

“Hey hyung, what brings you here?”

“SungJong have you ever like liked a person before?”

SungJong whipped around in surprise, his whole body tense.

“Why? I don’t have to tell you if I do.”

“I never asked who, just if you did? Why are you so defensive?”

SungJong visibly relaxed when he heard that.

“Yeah I did. No reason, forget it”

“Okay, how did you know that you did?”

“I can’t stop thinking about him. , her. I mean her, okay? I can’t stop thinking about her, I always want her to think the best of me and every time she’s near I get butterflies in my stomach.”

“Butterflies?”

“Yeah, you know it’s the same feeling when you’re nervous.”

MyungSoo did think a lot about HoWon, if he remembered to eat when he was practising or if he got enough sleep. But he didn’t really get nervous or felt like it around HoWon, but he did value HoWon’s opinion above anyone else’s. Isn’t it the same as wanting to look good in front of him? Asking his opinion about stuff, that is.

“Thanks, SungJong. You’re a good kid. They guy you like is lucky.”

“Girl! Hyung, GIRL!”

MyungSoo didn’t listen; he was so close now to figuring out this whole ordeal about his feelings. He just needed to ask one more person now. He remembered DongWoo yelling something about him meeting HoWon in the studios. They couldn’t already have left right? He could hear the loud bass corridors down from the dance studios.



HoWon didn’t notice him coming in; DongWoo had apparently left because he was nowhere near in sight. HoWon was dancing with all his might, he was sweating profusely and his eyes were closed. He had lost himself in the music just letting it move his body.

MyungSoo had always found HoWon the most beautiful like this It was as if he finally was in his right element. He was good when he danced to choreographies too, but when he just lost himself in the music, it was then that he truly shined. Slowly the music died down and HoWon stopped dancing, opening his eyes he quickly saw that MyungSoo was observing him.

“MyungSoo.”

“Hyung.”

“What are you doing here? I heard from DongWoo you asked him about love. Is it because of me?”

HoWon was standing with his back to MyungSoo. He didn’t know that it would be this hard to get a rejection.

“Yeah, it was. But DongWoo wasn’t really helpful though. ”

“He seemed to think so”

“He did help more than SungYeol so sure. Hyung, how do you know that you like like me?”

HoWon had expected a lot, but not that.

“Well, you’re the person I feel the most comfortable with. I always wish that you’re happy and well when I’m not around. I want to see you when you’re not near and I can’t stop thinking about you. But most of all it’s because no matter what part of you it is, bad or good, I find it beautiful because it’s part of you.”

HoWon stared at MyungSoo as tears quietly came to his eyes. Why did MyungSoo want to humiliate him like this? He knew he was going to get rejected, so why did he have spill his feelings?

“Really? You like me even when I’m bratty and obnoxious?”

“Yeah, I do. I like you now even though a part of me says I should hate you.”

“Why should you hate me?”

“Because I know you’re going to reject me, but still you make me open up about things and make me vulnerable.”

MyungSoo looked curiously at his hyung. He had a strange urge to hug him even though he was sweaty. Was this what SungGyu meant by the need to touch? Plus his heart was hurting, he didn’t like seeing HoWon so sad, and the fact that it was because of him hurt even more.

“I like all your bad sides too, you know? I like how you can be hard headed and has a tendency to blow up at the most strange times. I like when I’m near you I feel more relaxed, I like that you have soft skin and is warm. ”

HoWon blinks. Once. Twice. Trice.

“So you like me too?”

MyungSoo felt himself blushing under HoWon’s hopeful stare.

“I believe so.”

Suddenly MyungSoo was wrapped in a pair of strong arms and being swung around.

“You like me too. You like me too. You don’t have any idea how happy that makes me.”

“Well, I’m guessing something like how I feel?”

“Nowhere near. I’m going to kiss you now just so you know.”

At that HoWon pressed his lips softly against MyungSoo’s. MyungSoo never experienced anything like that, warmth spread throughout his entire body and he felt himself sigh blissfully into the kiss.  He softly and hesitant began to press back and as he did it was as if an electric wave passed from HoWon to him. He felt as if it was there he belonged, he was finally home. When HoWon backed off to get some air, MyungSoo unconsciously followed him to have more of that perfect feeling.

“Eager now, are we?”

HoWon was smiling so brightly that he almost shone.

“Yes, that was the most amazing I’ve ever felt. I want more.”

“I’ll be glad to comply.”

This time MyungSoo took the first step; he grabbed HoWon’s head and took control. He was never going to let this go, not when it made him feel like this. They kept on kissing, for what seemed like an eternity, that is until the rest came.

“Oh My God! It was HoWon!”

“Shut up SungYeol. You just ruined perfectness. I’ll make you pay for that.”

“So you aren’t heartbroken?”

“Nope, sorry to bother you.”

“Dammit HoWoon! And I just gathered them all so we could cheer you up!”

“How about we celebrate our new couple instead?”

“Brilliant idea WooHyun, let’s go!”

MyungSoo looked at his friends and then at his new boyfriend. Sure enough, he felt better than before now that HoWon’s hand was holding his. He felt secure and he felt like he had someone to be with forever.