» f l a s h b a c k

► m y d e a r .

Jaejoong was sitting patiently on a bench in the park. He took out his phone and checked the text Jessica sent him 15 minutes ago.

-Hey, meet me at the park in 20.-

He had an ominous feeling that something was up because Jessica normally sends texts with "babe" and a smiley.


"Jaejoong."


He looked up and saw his girlfriend walking towards him. She didn't look as buoyant as she usually does when she sees him. He stood up and faced her. She let out a deep sigh. "Jaejoong, I want to break up."


Those words shattered his heart into a million pieces as his face dropped. "Wh-what? Why??" She gave a nonchalant shrug. "It's been three months. You're too boring." With more words escaping Jessica's mouth, he felt more depression weighing on his heart. "But I love you! I'll change! Just tell me what you want and I'll do it!" Jessica stifled a cackle as she shook her head. "Please, it's already been too long. I'm moving on. Toodles!" She her heels and walked away, her heeled boots clacking against the cement ground. Jaejoong kept his head down, shoved his hands into his coat pocket, and went back home.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It has been two weeks since Jaejoong was single. He was in his room, lying on his bed and staring at a picture of him and Jessica under the snow. His finger ran over the picture as he circled it around Jessica. 'Why? Why did you suddenly leave me? Do you enjoy toying with guys? Especially ones that love you like me?' A tear rolled down his cheeks. He sat up on his bed and vigorously wiped the tear away. "That's it. I'm done crying over you. I will get over you and find a new girl before Valentine's Day!" With sudden confidence and motivation, he stood up and walked near the trash can. He held the picture over it, tore it in half, and let it fall into it.


Just as the picture pieces landed in the trash, his phone rang. He swiped it off his desk and pressed the 'answer' button. "Yoboseyo?"


"Ah Jaejoong hyung! Your voice sounds lighter!"


Jaejoong rolled his eyes and leaned against the wall. "What do you want, Junsu?"


"I want you to meet my twin sister and her friend!", Junsu squeaked in excitement.


Jaejoong widened his eyes. "Twin sister?! You have a twin?!"


"Yeah! When I told you about me having a sister, she's my twin."


"How come I've never seen her before?"


"Oh you have. You just never knew because we're fraternal twins and we don't talk at school. But we're really close."


"So why do you want me to meet her now? After our 7-year friendship?!"


"Well, because you always claim that you have your eyes only for Jessica. You always assume I'm trying to introduce someone to get your mind off the . No offense. But now that she dumped you, I figured you'd be interested in meeting my sister and her chingu.. I mean you have two options so-"


"Done. Where do we meet up?"


Junsu was a bit taken aback by Jaejoong's non-hesitant response but he shrugged it off. "In front of Seoul Dream Cafe."


Jaejoong's lips curved into a cynical smile. "Okay, see you in a few." They both hung up and Jaejoong went through his closet. "Jessica Jung, prepare to be kicked out of my heart."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Junsu Oppa! Stop dragging me!"


Junsu was grabbing on to his sister's arm as her friend was a few feet ahead of them. "Come on Taeyeon!", he shouted as he was dragging the tiny girl. "We're gonna be late!"


Taeyeon gave in and yanked her arm away. "Fine. But if I'm late for the photoshoot, it's all your fault." Junsu widened his eyes. "You're doing a photoshoot?!" She face-palmed herself. "No. I told you." Taeyeon held up her camera. "I'm a photographer. Where were you when I told you? Oh wait, YOU DIDN'T EVEN LISTEN!"


"My bad...", he mumbled.


They made it to the cafe. Junsu saw Jaejoong leaning against the wall. He waved frantically at his hyung and ran up to him. "Hey hyung!"


"Hey man."


Junsu turned around and saw Taeyeon taking some pictures with her camera while her best friend was standing next to him. Jaejoong recognized her, as he has walked past her in the hallway, but couldn't get a catch at her name. After Taeyeon was done, she walked over to the group and smiled. Junsu slung his arm around Taeyeon. "Hyung, this is my sister Taeyeon." He then looked at her friend. "That's Sunny."


"Wait. Taeyeon?", Jaejoong asked. Junsu reluctantly nodded in response. "As in Kim Taeyeon? The school's ulzzang sweetheart?"


Taeyeon held up her hand and smiled. "That's me!" Sunny pouted and crossed her arms. "It's not fair that everyone recognizes you!" Taeyeon gave her a look and shook her head.


"And Taeyeon, this is Jaejoong. The one that got dumped by our school's playgirl."


Jaejoong stomped on his foot and watched as Junsu hopped around on one foot while holding on to his hurt one. Sunny scoffed. "Ugh, I can't believe you went out with Jessica." Jaejoong nodded and held his head down in shame. "I can't believe it either." Taeyeon laid a hand on his shoulder, causing him to look up and make his heart jump. "It's okay. I'm sure you'll get over her. I mean she's not a real beauty and she plays around with guys. She's not even a ."


"Yeah she is", Jaejoong blurted. It made Taeyeon take a step back but she shook her head. "No she isn't."


"How would you know?", he retorted.


"Sunny", Taeyeon began as she looked at the innocent girl next to her smiling,"decided to prank me by stealing one of Jessica's lingeries and stuffing it in my gym locker. Jessica came up to me and stole it back. The next day, I saw Taecyeon with it."


Jaejoong began seeping into a daydream. "But wait, how does that prove Jessica's not a ?"


"I heard her moans and shouts in the janitor's closet. I mean come on." Taeyeon imitated some of Jessica's noises, which made him laugh. His animalistic laugh made her laugh as well, while Sunny stared at them in satisfaction. Junsu was a bit disgusted so he entered the cafe and decided to order a coffee.

 

"Wait for me, Su Oppa!", Sunny shouted as she dashed after him, leaving Taeyeon and Jaejoong outside alone. The awkward silence discomforted the two so Taeyeon decided to look through her camera. Jaejoong had nothing to entertain him so he took a few steps closer to her and peered over her shoulder. She noticed him as his reflection was on the camera screen and his breathing was slowly heating her neck. Jaejoong looked down at her and smiled timidly as she was staring up at him. "Uhh, so you're a photographer?"

 

Taeyeon nodded in pride. "Uh-huh! Sunny and I work as a part-time photographer for K-Vogue magazine." Jaejoong widened his eyes. "Are you serious?! K-Vogue magazine is like popular!"

 

"I know!"

 

"So that means you get to meet the stars?"

 

"Yup!"

 

"Who have you met so far?"

 

Taeyeon placed her index finger on her lip, indicating that she was thinking. "I've met stars like Lee Hyori, Bi Rain, Kim Bum, and Kim So Eun." Jaejoong felt a twinge of envy. After all, he admired Hyori to the fullest. "You're so lucky, YeonYeon.." Taeyeon exploded into a fit of laughter as she plopped down on a seat. "That's a funny nickname but it's cute." Jaejoong shyly scratched the nape of his neck as a small hint of pink crawled up to his cheeks. "Ehehe, thanks.."

 

"If you call me YeonYeon, then I'll call you JaeJae!", Taeyeon announced as she jumped out her seat. Jaejoong blushed even more but stifled a laugh at her dorky tude. "You know, you're quite adorable. It's hard to see you as a teen in high school.."

 

"And what is that supposed to mean?", she questioned as her tone darkened. Jaejoong put his hands up in surrender. "It means you're cute!"

 

"Oh.." She smiled at the compliment. "Thanks! You are too!"

 

Silence hit the two again until Taeyeon hesitantly spoke up. "So I heard Jessica.. dumped you? With no reason..?" Jaejoong became dark yet depressed. "Uhh.."

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

» y e o n i e ' s corner

Okay so the first chapter is done.

Comments are ♥~