Please Know Me and Please Don't Leave Me

Please Remember Me (One-Shot)

3 years. 3 wonderful and memorable years. Everything was hell for Baekhyun and Chanyeol before meeting each other. He was grateful that he was accepted in SM entertainment. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have met the sweetest and most talented person in the whole heart of South Korea. And after a few weeks, they became a couple and they saw how much their personalities differ but match in some way. Chanyeol was driving to a restaurant and He smiled to himself when he heard his phone ring.

“Hey” Chanyeol greeted with a smile.

 

“Hey! Are you gonna be late?” Baekhyun asked; concerned.

 

“No. just wait for a few minutes. I’ll be there.” Chanyeol said that ended with a deep laugh.

 

“Okay. I’ll wait, Yeol.” The other said while smiling.

 

“Alright. I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” And Baekhyun cut the call. Chanyeol stared at their couple ring. He loved how it resembles his love for Baekhyun. He was a hundred and ten percent excited to see the other but was unsuccessful when he immediately saw a van hit his car. He then felt the crimson liquid stream down his head and the last thing he remembered was Baekhyun and only Baekhyun.

------------------------------------------------------------------

“He’s really in a bad condition since his head was terribly injured. I suggest you let him rest a lot.” The doctor said while speaking at the 11 pairs of eyes looking at him.

 

“Thank you doctor. We’ll make sure he does” Joonmyun says and the doctor soon leaves. He then looks at the petite man holding the patient’s hand tightly.

 

“Baekhyun-”

 

“Hyung… What if… what if he dies?”  he makes eye contact with the other and soon, his eyes were filled with tears. The latter just pats his shoulder.

 

“He’ll be alright. He’s Chanyeol remember? He’s strong” Baekhyun knew that. But looking at Chanyeol’s face, full of bruises and cuts. How can he be assured that he’ll wake up and see those beautiful pair of eyes again? The other just leaned closer.

 

“Yeol… I don’t k-know...if you can….hear me but if you c-can… please wake up. Please…” he didn’t care whether he sounded pitiful. He just wanted his lover to know that he needed him badly. Suddenly, Chanyeol’s eyes fluttered open and he winced at the strong light.

 

“Chanyeol? Chanyeol?! Are you really awake?! Oh my gosh!” Baekhyun scremed in happiness. He finally saw Chanyeol’s eyes staring at him again. He quickly hugged the other but released when he heard the other groan because of the pain.

 

“Yeol, Are you in pain?” Baekhyun asks.

 

No response. Chanyeol just looked around. He looked a little…lost.

 

“Chanyeol hyung, Are you hungry?” Jongin asked.

 

Still no response. He looked where he was and had a confused expression.

 

“Dude, are you alright?” Kris asks in english.

 

Chanyeol then looked at each and every one of them. Looking at their faces intently. He then lastly looked at Baekhyun smiling at him with eyes filled with tears of joy.

 

“Yeol… say something.” Baekhyun asks.

 

“Baekhyun, Maybe he’s deaf?” Luhan murmured which made Kris glare at him. Chanyeol looked at his hand and saw that it was being held by the one called “Baekhyun”

 

“Who are you?” Chanyeol asks which made everyone’s heart stop. Baekhyun then chuckled.

 

“Mworago? Are you okay, Yeol? Are you joking?” Baekhyun asked with a fake smile.

 

“Joking? Why would I joke? Who are you?” He asks again. Baekhyun’s fake smile slowly faded and soon, tears came out of his eyes.

 

“Hyung, what are you talking about?” Se hun asked.

 

“Who are you? What am I doing here?!” Chanyeol asks as he starts panicking.

 

“Chanyeol, don’t you know who we are?” Chen asks but the other just shook his head.

 

“Oh my God…” Joonmyun murmurs and he quickly told Jongin to get the doctor. Baekhyun was frozen in his spot. He couldn’t move nor could he speak. He was just… shocked. It can’t be. He can’t lose his memory. He’s my life. He can’t…

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

“It seems like he has amnesia. The impact on his head was probably much worse than I thought.” The doctor said while showing the X-ray of Chanyeol’s head.

 

“Is there a possibility that he might… remember us?” Baekhyun asks. Hoping the doctor would say yes. Unfortunately, he shook his head.

 

“I’m afraid it will be very improbable. He doesn’t even remember you or your friends. I’m not sure he will.”

 

“Is this… permanent?” KyungSoo asked. The doctor had his head low.

 

“I’m afraid so. I’m so sorry.” Everyone knew that there was a small chance for Chanyeol to remember them or even remember himself. The doctor said that he can be brought home the following day and Baekhyun was determined more than ever to win Chanyeol’s heart again.

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

“Chanyeol.-” The taller then cut him off.

 

“Chanyeol? Who’s Chanyeol?” said the patient.

 

“You. You’re Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.”  Joonmyun said.

 

“Me? I’m Chanyeol?”

 

“Yes and I’m Joonmyun hyung. And this is Luhan gege, Tao, Jongin or Kai, Kris gege, Xiumin hyung and-” A groan then was heard from the other.

 

“Ahh… Neomo appo” (Ahh… Really hurts) Chanyeol said while putting his hands on his head. The leader just sighed as Baekhyun steps in.

 

“Hyung, He just woke up. Don’t rush him so much.” He said and kindly asked the rest to go out for a while. Leaving him and his lover alone. If he remembered that he’s his lover.

 

“Chanyeol, do you feel any pain?” He asked. The other shook his head.

 

“Are you feeling tired?” again, another shake of the head.

 

“I know you feel really confused right now, but try to cope with us okay?” Baekhyun requested. He looked at the other’s face and saw hesitation but soon agreed.

 

“Okay. Well, to start things first, I’m Baekhyun” He said.

 

“B... B-Baekhyun?”

 

“Yeah. You are Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Park…Cha…nyeol” he said slowly.

 

“Yes. And we have 10 other members. We’re in a band called EXO.”

 

“E…XO”

 

“Correct.”

 

“H...How did… I end up like this?” the rapper asks.

 

“You were driving to a restaurant to have dinner with me and… a van hit your car”

 

“Umm… I’m not sure if this is true but I feel like… like I have this strong feeling towards you. Are you my best friend? Or my brother?” The latter just laughed.

 

“I’ll tell you soon. At the moment, not yet. But you’re somehow right.” Just not the brother part.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

“And this is our room.” Baekhyun said while leading his lover to their room. Chanyeol still had a blank face on. He doesn’t show much emotion lately. The pictures sticked onto their mirror caught his eye.

 

“Who are these?” he said; pointing to their picture as EXO-K and EXO-M.

 

“Yeah. That one’s Kris gege, followed by you, Sehun, Luhan gege, Kyung Soo, Lay gege, Jongin, Suho hyung, Chen, Me and Tao. They’re the ones that were with you in the hospital when you woke up rememeber?” The other just nodded slowly.

 

“What about this?” He asked. Pointing at their picture.

 

“That’s us.”

 

“Why do we have a cake?” He asked. Pointing at the chocolate cake Baekhyun was holding.

 

“Oh ‘cause we were celebrating.”

 

“Celebrating what?”

 

“Our…first anniversary.” Bakhyun said softly. But it was loud enough for the rapper to hear.

 

“Our what?”

 

“Our first anniversary. We celebrated one year of being together.” Baekhyun said.

 

“So, we’re together?”

 

“Yeah. Like, boyfriend to boyfriend relationship.”

 

“This guy said it should be boyfriend and girlfriend” He said pointing at Kris in the group picture. Baekhyun mentally cursed Kris being such a bad influence to his Chanyeol.He’s corrupting Yeol’s mind ‘case he can’t admit his feelings to Tao.

 

“Well, it can also be boyfriend to boyfriend. Like our relationship.” Baekhyun said holding the other’s hand. Chanyeol looked at him; confused.

 

“Are you sure we’re together?”

 

“Of course! See? We have a lot of pictures together. Why are you doubting that we’re really together?”

 

“Well, I feel uncomfortable. I mean, It’s really hard to wake up not knowing anything and I have to believe that I have a boyfriend and that I’m in a boy group called EXO.”

 

“But, it’s true!”

 

“I know but… It’s really disturbing to know all these things in just a few days. I mean, I don’t even know who I am! You just told me that I’m Park Chanyeol! It’s really weird.” Baekhyun then sighed.

 

“I know that you’re really confused at this moment but you have to believe what were telling you. It’s true that you’re Park Chanyeol. It’s true that you are the rapper of EXO-K and it’s true that you have boyfriend that loves you so much and that’s me. Please believe me.” Baekhyun said and he didn’t notice that tears were sliding down his eyes. Chanyeol slightly panicked and started to wipe the other’s tears.

 

“Please don’t cry. I don’t know why but I don’t like seeing you cry.” He said. The other just smiles.

 

“You always told me that. You never liked the sight of me crying.” He said while wiping his remaining tears.

 

“Oh! You have a ring same as mine!” Chanyol noticed.

 

“Yeah. You bought this for us a few weeks ago.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“A few weeks ago?”

 

“Yeah. I bet you don’t remember either.”

 

“Mianhe.”

 

“You don’t have to feel sorry for anything. Come on! We have to go eat dinner with the others.” He said; Obviously changing the topic.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Hyung, why are there so many people outside?” Inncocent Chanyeol asks his hyung next to him.

 

“Chanyeollie, Those are our fans.”

 

“Fans? What are those?” he asked.

 

“Fans are people who like us and those who support us. They are the ones why we are here in the first place. ”

 

“So, we should be really grateful to them, huh?”

 

“Very grateful.” Chanyeol smiled and saw a group of fans holding a banner with his name printed on it.

 

“Hyung! They know my name!” he said with enthusiasm.

 

“Yup!” the other replied without making eye contact.

 

“Hyung, I’ll just go to the washroom.” he asked and excused himself to the washroom. Baekhyun looked at the banner again and was alarmed. He quickly grabbed the attention of their leader.

 

“Hyung! That fan has Chanyeol’s cell phone number!” he said while pointing to the banner.

 

“CHANYEOL OPPA! SARANGHE! I HAVE YOUR NUMBER! 368104844”

 

“It’s a sasaeng. EXO, let’s go! Kris, round up your members!” he ordered while getting his things.

 

“What’s wrong hyung?” Chen asks.

 

“ Sasaengs are outside. We have to leave now. They might multiply if we don’t get out now. Come on! Let’s go!” he quickly rounded up his own dongsengs in EXO-K and tried to exit the restaurant but Baekhyun quickly noticed that they were only short by one head.

 

Chanyeol

 

“Hyung! I have to go get Chanyeol!” he said in the middle of their escapade. Joonmyun looked at him quickly and had a disaprooving look.

 

“No! Don’t go anymore!”

 

“No! I have to find him!” Baekhyun refuses and tries to turn back but his hand was grabbed by the latter.

 

“Baekhyun! You can’t go back there!”             

 

“Hyung, I have to find him! He needs me!” was the last sentence Baekhyun said before miraculously removing Joonmyun’s grip. He felt like he was being swallowed by hell as he passed inside the crowd once more. He felt the hotness through the crowd and he knew that if he stayed there a second more, he might die. Luckily, he found the main door and quickly entered taking a big breath. He finally saw Chanyeol frozen at his spot a few meters from the washrooms. His eyes were twice as bigger and his mouth was slightly open. Probably shocked at the numerous fans out there.

 

“Chanyeol, let’s go!” he said; obviously out of breath. He quickly pulled the other and he obviously woke up from his trance. Baekhyun went through the fans once again. He was about to faint and felt as if 2 walls were being pressed around him but he never let his grip fade from Chanyeol’s hand.

The finally got away from the crowd and immediately ran inside their van while their manager was screaming at them. Baekhyun took a big breath and checked on Chanyeol. He panicked when he saw him trembling and tears were almost falling. Baekhyun didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around him. Sure, Chanyeol was the manly one in their relationship but at this moment, he needed to be the “manly” one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

12:30 AM

 

Baekhyun was already fast asleep but suddenly heard sniffles and his eyes shot open. He saw Chanyeol in the corner crying his eyeballs out. He hugged his legs and his whole body was trembling. Baekhyun didn’t waste a second and ran to the other side of the room just to hug the other.

 

“H…Hyung…. Th-there was s-so...much p-people! I th-thought you f-forgot about me…” he sobbed. Baekhyun just sighed and continued to comfort the other.

 

“I’m sorry, Yeollie.” I promise to never leave you again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Who’s this?” Baekhyun asks while holding a picture in front of Chanyeol.

“Hmmm... umm… Xiu Min hyung?” Chanyeol answers.

 

“Right! Who’s Sehun and who’s Luhan gege?”

“Luhan gege is on the right and Sehun is on the left”

 

“Right! How about this?” He raises another picture.

“Umm…Kris gege?”

 

“Wrong! This is Luhan gege. But that’s alright! Now… which one is Kai?” It took Chanyeol a while before answering.

“Umm…the one on the left!” he said and smiled with a cheeky grin.

 

“Sure?”

 

“Positive!” he smiled again.

 

“Correct! And do you know who’s the one beside Kai?” The other shook his head.

 

“That’s Taemin-shi. He’s our Sunbae.”

 

“S-s..sunbae?” Baekhyun smiled and nodded.

 

“Sunbaes are people who debuted earlier than us.”

 

“Ahh… okie!” he replied happily.

 

“Well, so far, you only know Xiu Min hyung and Sehun and a little bit of Luhan gege. You still don’t know the others so-”

 

“Hyung, can I talk to you?” Jongin interrupts.

 

“Oh.. okay.” He said and excused himself to the younger one.

 

“What’s up?” he asks casually. Baekhyun actually felt nervous. Jongin was never the confronting type.

 

“Hyung, why are you doing this?” he asks in a serious tone.

 

“Doing what? Helping Chanyeol?” he guesses. The other nods.

 

“Jongin, I’m his boyfriend. I have a right to take care of him.”

 

“But he doesn’t remember anything. How do you expect him to know everyone that passed in his life?”

 

“I’ll do my best for him to remember! I don’t care if it’ll take me a million years, I want him to know that I’ll be with him, No matter how hard!”

 

“Are you telling me that you’re still having your hopes up that he’ll remember everything?”

 

“Yes.” The younger scoffs.

 

“Hyung, he’ll never remember. Just give up and find someone better. Someone who has a good memory.” he says and was about to leave when the shorter of the two grabbed his forearm. That was the last straw for Baekhyun.

 

“If I leave him, What kind of boyfriend would I be then? What kind of boyfriend would I be if I left Chanyeol when he needed me the most? I will never, ever leave him.” He said in a stern voice. Because I love him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A month. A whole month trying to make Chanyeol remember everything and everyone. As much as possible, Baekhyun tried to tell him everything he should know. Like he helped him remember their members names, tried to remember his sunbaes, remember his cell phone number etc. And thankfully, little by little, Chanyeol’s starting to remember things especially when they repeat. Like the time Luhan was playing with a Rubik’s Cube and he remembered that he knew someone who was really good at playing with it. Baekhyun never lost hope that maybe… just maybe… Chanyeol will remember everything again. But at the moment, he was a hundred percent willing to help Chanyeol.

                                                                                                                     

“Baekhyunnie…” Chanyeol said out of the blue while the two were inside a car with Semi- Drunk Kai drivng. The older two didn’t know he just got out of bar with the other sunbaes.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Baekhyunnie… I remember calling you that. Have I ever?” Chanyeol asked. The other starts to smile and looked back to Chanyeol who was at the back seat.

 

“Yes! That was your nickname for me! I complained to you about it once since it was longer than my real name but you insisted. So, I agreed to it then.”

 

“Baekhyunnie… I like that… Baekhyunnie” He chanted over and over again. The other just smiled and was about to say something when suddenly, Kai was rapidly driving into a building..

 

“Kai! Kai! Kai! Yah! Look out!” Baekhyun repeated before immediately covering himself with his arms. Chanyeol held onto Baekhyun’s seat  and covered himself while Kai passed out before even crashing.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

CHANYEOL POV

 

I woke up after feeling the worst headache ever. I looked around and saw that we were covered in ruble and some bricks from the building we just destroyed.

 

Wait.

 

I remember that we crashed?

 

I… remember! I was about to go have dinner with Baekhyun when a van hit me. And I remember that he was the last person I thought of before passing out! I remember everything!

 

I stared at my hands with shock. Blood. I immediately saw where it was from. Baekhyun’s seat. I quickly looked at him and his forehead had a lot of blood. Jongin’s head was on the horn and it sounded really noisy. I pulled his head back and quickly took Baekhyun’s phone to dial 911 before passing out again.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

My eyes open and I see a strong white light. I look around to see Joonmyun hyung and Sehun next to me.

 

“Hyung…” I call out. His head quickly shot up and looked at me.

 

“You’re awake! Good gracious! Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah. Joonmyun hyung, I-”

 

“Wait! You know who I am?” he asks. I nodded and he looked like he saw a miracle. Well, I think it is.

 

“Oh my gosh! You remember us!” He said before lunging on me. I quickly remember Baekhyunnie.

 

“Hyung! Where’s Baekhyun?” his smile then started fading. He stayed quiet and I tried to look at Sehun for help but he looked away and still kept quiet.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“I’ll bring you to him.” He says and got my wheelchair.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

I enter a room similar to mine but only had most of the members in it and Kai was in crutches. They all saw me and returned to a person on the bed. I took a closer look and saw Baekhyun. He looked awful. His whole body was in a cast.

 

“The doctor said he was the most damaged one out of the 3 of you. He broke almost all of his ribs and broke both right leg and right arm. His head also bled a lot. He’s in a critical condition.” Kyungsoo hyung said and I quickly felt like my world was shattering in tiny bits. I needed Baekhyun to know that his hard work finally had an effect on me. I remember everything and I want him to know that. But him…looking like this, I’d rather die.

 

“Baekhyunnie…” I shook him and luckily, his eyes fluttered open. He then smiled seeing me.

 

“Yeollie…” he said in a hoarse voice.

 

“Baekhyunnie, I remember everything! I remember how we met, I remember how the crash happened, I remember everything. I found out that you were in a critical condition and I want you to fight okay? As much as possible, I want you to try your best and get better okay?” I said and unknowingly, tears already fell down. I heard him chuckle and wiped my tears.

 

“Uri Chanyeollie… Uljima…” (Our Chanyeollie… Don’t cry…)

 

“Baekhyun, please…”

 

“Chanyeol, you don’t know how happy I am to know that you remember everything. At least if I die, you’ll remember our history together.” He said and more tears fell.

 

Baekhyun, jebal…

 

“I want you to move on okay? I want you to be happy with or without me, araso? If you don’t, I’ll haunt you everyday.” He even had the chance to smile.

 

I need you… Don’t leave me…

 

“I can’t… Baekhyun… please…” Tears were coming out of me like a faucet. I could tell he was already dying. He put his hand on my face and touched every part of my face. He knew this is the last time we might see again.

 

I can’t move on without you Baekhyun…

 

“I love you, Chanyeol. I love you so much… Please remember me.” He said before giving me one last bittersweet kiss. He gave his all in just one kiss. I knewi had to show him how much I loved him but maybe it’s just a little too late. We then separated and the heartbeat monitor became a straight line. The sound it made is probably going to haunt me forever. I needed him so badly. I’m sure he wanted the same and now that I don’t have him anymore, I knew that my life was ruined. I needed him in my life. I wanted him to be part of it and without him just made it an unfinished puzzle.

 

“Baekhyun!! Baekhyun… Baekhyun…” I cried my eyes out after that. Holding his lifeless body in my arms made it feel so bitter. I knew I was looking like a total pabo and that I sounded like a madman but that’s what happens when Baekhyun is being deprived from me. My Baekhyun… gone. So, if you’re out there Baekhyunnie, please…remember me.

a/n: thanks for reading! i am loving baekyeol! BTW, sorry if it looked like it was cut off. there was a little malfunction. MIANHE. and the number of Chanyeol on top are just a bunch of randomly pressed numbers. It ain't real.