Chapter 10

Nobody Knows

A/N: I'm a free bird for a whole week now ! :D YAY ... so I'll definitely finish this story soon !

Also Ryechime one of your guesses was correct ! Well done :3 

Enjoy ~

 

*Flashback* 

"Mirue, is there a place where you ever felt safe?" Joon asked me out of the blue. We were about to doze off when he suddenly popped the question. It didn't take me long to answer.

"There is." I paused and looked at him, "It's right here, with you." Joon laughed as he gave me a small playful push.

"Pabo" Even in the darkness I could feel a small blush creeping onto Joon's cheeks. " Don't tease me."

"I'm not, its the truth. Meeting you and Hana was the best thing that ever happened to me. I guess you feel like a family to me and I feel safe." I wanted to tell him more,  to tell him that somewhere between the friendship and safety I fell in love with him. "Where is your safe place?"

"I think me and Hana feel the safest when we visit our parents grave." He gave me a weak smile, " It's like we can feel their presence watching over us." 

"That is so beautiful."  A tear escaped my eye, "You two deserve a better life." I hugged Joon tightly and I never wanted to let go. Never.

*End of Flashback*

I pushed the gate and ran inside. The cemetery stretched all the way across the field and I had no idea where they should be. You'd think that you'd be able to spot someone easily but not all gravestone are small. I ran around like a crazy man, receiving strange and disapproving looks from other visitors.

"Have some respect." An old lady scolded me as I ran past her.

"I'm sorry." I said, still running.

It must have been at least ten minutes of running until I finally saw them. Finally. Joon was leaning on a gravestone with Hana on his arms. They were both sleeping.

They were sleeping right?

I sprinted towards them. They had to be alive, they had to.

"Joon!" I shouted as I ran closer, "JOONIE!" His eyes opened and relief washed over me."You're okay" I whispered as I kneeled in front of him. 

"Mirue?" Joon said as he rubbed his eyes, "I didn't think you'd come back." Hana slowly opened her eyes and closed them again. A second later they shot open again as she screamed, "OPPA!!!!" She jumped on me.

"I promised I'd be back." I smiled and hugged her "You're my family." Joon joined our hug.

"I really missed you Mirue, where have you been." 

"It's a long story that I'll tell you soon, but first lets go home." I'll tell him everything and I'll definitely tell him that I love him. He won't leave me right?

"Its gone." Sadness filled Joon's eyes. "It burnt down. We don't have a place to go to anymore. I'm sorry." 

" I'm taking you guys back to my house!"I stood up and looked at their shocked expressions.

"But..but I thought you can never go back there." Joon stood next to me still holding Hana.

"Its over now, he's gone." I took his hand and led him towards the exit of the cemetery, "We can eat all we want and sleep comfortably. This is it guys, we can start a new life." I paused for dramatic effect, "Together." 

.......

Settling into our 'new' home was easy. We decided it would be best if Hana takes my old room and I take the other bedroom, whereas Joon took the sofa downstairs. I insisted that he'd take the second bed but he wouldn't allow it. 

"After sleeping on the cold floor at the warehouse, this couch is like heaven!" He smiled as he fell onto it. "I could get used to this." 

I laughed at his goofy smile as I pilled food into our fridge. Our. I declared that this is not just my home, but also theirs. 

"APPAS!" Hana screamed from her bedroom. Joon instantly jolted up and ran to her, I followed. To our surprise it was nothing more than just a spider. "HE IS GOING TO ME EAT ME!" She screamed as she jumped on her bed.

"Calm down Hana, it is JUST a spider." Joon said as he took the spider and threw it out the window.

"I don't like spiders either" I said as I clung onto Hana. 

"My appas are the best." Hana laughed. Joon smiled and went back downstairs.

"Why do you keep calling us appas, Hana?" I asked her. As much as I loved the sound of that I didn't think Joon was too comfortable with it.

"Because you two are like my daddies. You take care of me and each other." She looked up at me with her signature innocent smile. "Plus Joonie appa secretly likes Mirue appa and Mirue appa likes Joonie appa." She laughed as she ran back to play with her toys that I had bought her today.

I could feel my cheeks turn red. That can't be true right? There is no way Joon actually liked me more than a friend. 

What if it is true?

A smile spread across my face as I walked downstairs only to find Joon had passed out on the sofa.