Puppy Love

Puppy Love

 

Luhan looks at the mountain of boxes littering his bare living room with a huff. The apartment was medium sized, with a nice kitchen, a small bathroom and a spacious room. It was the perfect fit and Luhan knew it was the right choice.
 
He was just such a mess with moving.
 
Sighing tiredly, he runs his hands through his hair and grabs his jacket and scarf, deciding to take a look around the neighbourhood instead.
 
The unpacking would have to wait.
 
Location-wise it was the perfect choice since it was close to his campus. It wasn't as busy as his old neighbourhood back in Beijing but it wasn't too overly quiet either. It wasn't right in the center of the city and besides the apartment buildings around, it also had a littering of townhouses with a nearby shopping centre, small restaurants, cafes and a park.
 
It was a nice little neighbourhood.
 
Wrapping his scarf closer to huddle for warmth, he notices a boy a few years younger than him jogging with his dog just up ahead, a cute light brown poodle. Luhan loved dogs so he just had to say hello and making new friends with his neighbours didn't hurt either.
 
"Hi there!"
 
The said boy, who was in closer inspection had a dark tan and full lips, looks at him in surprise. Luhan didn't miss the slight interest b in those dark eyes and the attraction was immediate.
 
The look of shock quickly turns into a the most perfect smile and Luhan had to try not to do a double take.
 
Oh god, he was handsome.
 
Drop dead gorgeous in fact.
 
With that smile intact, he stops jogging and wipes his brow with the back of his hand, and Luhan felt the chemistry right from the get go.
 
"Hey, haven't seen you around here before?"
 
Not only was he gorgeous to boot but he had the voice to match it too. A deep baritone voice that went straight to Luhan's bones, making him weak in the knees.
 
This was ridiculous but oh there was no mistaking the attraction.
 
Clearing his throat, Luhan buries his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. I-uh--just moved in actually."
 
"Oh."
 
"Yeah."
 
"I--I'm Jongin by the way."
 
Luhan didn't hesitate to take the outstretched hand and once their skins made contact, he felt as if an electrical wire just went through him.
 
He's never felt such an attraction to anyone like this before.
 
"I'm Luhan."
 
"Mmm. Luhan."
 
The sound of his name with that voice. He's never heard anyone pronounce his name with a tone like that before.
 
A sweet delicious shiver goes up Luhan's spine.
 
"And this here, this is Monggu."
 
Luhan forgot the reason why he approached him in the first place, so caught up with Jongin that he forgot all about the cute puppy he was admiring.
 
Now he was admiring the owner instead.
 
Kneeling down, he pets the soft downy brown fur.
 
"Hi Monggu!"
 
"Monggu's a male poodle, just about a year old."
 
"He's adorable."
 
The cute puppy looks up at him and his hand in greeting.
 
Luhan laughs softly, offering his hand.
 
Jongin smiles.
 
"He likes you."
 
"I think so too."
 
If only Luhan was able to see the way Jongin's dark eyes were lingering on him at that moment.
 
Standing up, Luhan looks at him once more, trying hard not to show too much interest, but failing anyways.
 
"Well, I--better leave you two now. Sorry for interrupting your jogging, but I just had to say hi when I saw Monggu."
 
"Ah, it's no problem at all. It's nice to meet new neighbours."
 
"Well, I guess I'll see you around Jongin?"
 
The younger male smiles and nods, wrapping the leash back around his wrist.
 
Luhan was just about to turn away when suddenly a hand takes his elbow and surprised, he looks back at the gorgeous tanned boy.
 
"This is gonna be weird, and I know we just met, but how about you come over for dinner sometime? I make a pretty decent lasagna and Monggu and I always need the company. It gets pretty lonely with just the two of us sometimes."
 
With Luhan's heart beating triple times against his ribcage, he smiles, soaring in happiness. Taking that hand against his own, with sparks flying in all directions, he nods and takes up on the offer with his heart on the line.
 
"I would love to. Oh yes."
 
Jongin smiles and tightens their hands together, those dark eyes boring straight into Luhan's.
 
"I'm glad."