Under The Moonlight

Under The Moonlight

I work as a waitress in a coffee shop. I live with my halmoni and harabuji. Harabuji is a famous poetry, Kim Hyun Jae. I live with them, filled with love. We have money and beautiful house. At first, harabuji didn’t let me have a part time work, but halmoni told him that I love to work and it’s my time to have an experience. So, he let me work in the coffee shop that is owned by my aunt. My friends often visit the coffee shop. At first, I was afraid they would laugh at me. But they didn’t. I love my friends. I’m not showing off, but, I’m quite popular at school. Since I often perform as a violinist with the school’s band.

“Osooseyo. May I take your order?” I asked the customer, but I couldn’t see his face.

“Can I have.. Wait. Aren’t you Eunjung? From class C? Sehun’s classmate?” this customer asked me. Oh my. He sure asked a lot.

“Ne. Annyeong, Kai-ssi.” I smiled at him.

“How do you know me?”

“Come on. The whole school knows you as the best dancing machine in our school with your bestfriend, Sehun-ssi. Am I right?” of course I’m right. I’m a big fan of Sehun and also, he’s my crush since forever.

He chuckled yet flattered. “I can't believe I’m so popular.”

“Arasso, arasso, mr. popular. Now can I take your order?” I reminded him.

“Well, I’m still waiting your Sehun actually. But..”

“What? He’ll come here?” I interrupted him. I feel my face is blushing when he said ‘Sehun’. Is this my chance to talk to him?

“Yes, he is. He’s on the way. Wait. Why are you blushing? Omoo.. Don’t tell me that…” he seemed realized it

“Ani, ani. It’s not what you think.” Babo! He’s Sehun’s bestfriend. If he tell Sehun, the world will laugh at me. Okay, I mean the school.

“Ani. Gwenchana. I’ll help you. I won’t tell anyone. Don’t worry.” He winked at me.

“Excuse me?”

“I will help you to get him, babo. Ah, it’s Sehun. Act natural.”

I couldn’t reply him since Sehun already sat across Kai. He realized me and seemed shocked a little.

“Eunjung-ah. Ah I mean Eunjung-ssi. Do you work here?”

“Annyeonghaseyo” I smiled and bowed awkwardly. “How do you know my name? Yes, I work here after school. This coffee shop is owned by my aunt.”

“Umm.. well I” he looked confused to answer. Kai immediately said, “Can you take our order?”

“Ah, ne.”

“I want Cappuccino and chocolate cake. What about you?” he asked Sehun, whom I caught that he was staring at me. Ani. Maybe it’s only my imagination.

“I’ll have the same like Kai.”

I wrote down the orders and left.

 

*5 minutes later*

“Here you go.” I put down their orders. “It’s my treat. Enjoy.” When I turned back, wanted to leave, someone held my hand. I turned back, and it’s.. Sehun. SEHUN HELD MY HAND.

“Ah mianhae.” He let go of my hand. “I was going to ask you if you would like to join us.” Did I hear it wrong? He asked me to join him? Yes, no, yes, no

“I’ll go change first.” I smiled widely and left.

 

“Kai-ssi oddiseo?” why he suddenly gone?

“He left. He said that his mom called him.” He rubbed his back neck and looked confused. “Is it okay?”

“What do you mean by that?” I sat across from him. Damn. He looks more handsome when I see him closer.

“I mean, there’s only the two of us. You know that we’re not that close in class. We even never talk. So I’m afraid that you will feel uncomfortable with me alone.”

I laughed a little. Watching his expression when he said that. “Since girls are drooling all over you. I’ve always wanted to talk to you. But you know, the girls are your fans.”

“Are you one of them?” he teased.

“Apparently, yes.” And we both laughed. “But I never stalk you, you know.” I feel embarrassed a little.

“Gwenchana. I’m already happy knowing that you’re a fan of mine.”

“Mwoya.” I hit his arm.

Then silence came across us. I don’t know what to say.

He cleared his throat. “You know, I’ve been watching over you actually.”

“Are you stalking me?” I .

“Ofcourse not! It’s different from stalking!” he replied. I did see him blushed.

“But why are you stalking me?” I asked him. I can feel there’s no awkwardness between us. And I feel not scared anymore to talk to him.

“My God. I told you that it’s not stalking.” Then he laughed. “That’s a secret actually.”

“Eh, don’t play secrets with me, Sehun-ssi.” I pouted

“I will tell you later.”

 

We talk about everything. Childhoods, our teachers, our popularities and all. We laugh a lot until my aunt scolded me because she’s afraid the customers will get disturbed.

“So, Sehun-ssi, how is it to be crowded with bunch of girls?” I asked him

“No need to talk formal with me, Eunjung-ah. It’s very frustrating and fun. You know, being chased with many girls. Including you.” he winked at me.

“Yah, I never chase you, okay. You’re such a player.” I . Of course I didn’t mean it.

“I’m not a player you know. I never date girls.” He defended himself. We laughed.

“Eunjung-ah, I heard you will perform Paganini’s Caprice 24. Am I right?”

“Yes. And you will dance also with Kai right?”

“Ne. I’m looking forward for your performance, Eunjung-ah.”

“Aniyo. Even though I often perform at school, I still feel nervous. You know I’m lack of confidence.”

“Well, don’t be. If you feel nervous, call me, okay? I will be there to comfort you.” I didn’t know he was holding my hand. But after he smiled at me, I realized.

 

“Eunjung-ah, do you like it if your boyfriend or someone you love hold your hand?” oh no. I’m speechledd when I heard his question. I don’t know why, but always feel uncomfortable when someone asked me about ‘dating thing’. Unless if I had a boyfriend. But yes, I do feel comfortable when someone held my hand. But not just any people. I like it when my appa held my hand for the last time. I like it too when harabuji and halmoni hold my hand. Since they’re close to me, so I feel protected.

“Yeah I do.” I answered

“Why?”

“Because I will feel protected.” I said

“How about if someone hug you?”

Why he asked me these kind of questions? It’s making me uncomfortable. But I feel like I don’t mind when he asks me this kind of questions. Weird.

“Hmm.. yeah. With the same reason.” I smiled. Remembering the times when my appa and omma hugged me when I was little.

“Why are you asking me these questions?” I asked him and raising one of my eyebrows.

“So I will know how you feel when I do that to you.”

“I’m sorry?” I don’t know what he said before. I don’t understand.

“I will make you feel comfortable, make you feel protected, be there for you when you’re nervous, show the girls that you’re mine so they won’t chase me everyday, hold your hand, hug you and kiss you under the moonlight. Kim Eunjung, will you let me do that?”

“Definitely.” I smiled wide.

We ran out from the coffee shop, heading to the park with holding hand. Then we sat on the old bench and staring the full moon. His hand is around my shoulder and I rest my head on his shoulder. He stared at me and smiled. He came closer and kissed me under the moonlight.

 

 

sorry for the grammar or any mistakes you found. but thanks for reading :)