Chapter 3

Interactive Fanfic: Sparks In Between.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As much as you don’t want that moment to end, Baekhyun notices that it’s already 11am and he has a class to attend. He bids both of you goodbye and slowly walks away. Just then, you stand up and turn around quickly. You call out to him. You’ve also forgotten completely that this is the library and your voice was dead loud. Great, his head isn’t the only head you managed to turn. You give the others an awkward smile then look back at Baekhyun who is also looking at you, waiting for you to say something. You shake off the image of everyone staring at you and focus only at him. Nothing is coming out from your mouth. You feel your heart beating harder. Your pupils dilate; the vision of Baekhyun becomes distinctively clearer. You hear the sound of paper crunching behind you. At that moment, your senses upgraded to ing high definition. Kai decides to give you a help and throws something soft at your head. “Have lunch with me.” You blurt out, almost silently.

Baekhyun’s lips curl to a smile, “Have lunch with you guys?”

Close enough.

You nod with a smile to assure him what he heard was right. He just holds his phone up, which was already in his hand before this, gesturing he’ll contact you later and exits the library.

Behind his back, you wave goodbye with a dreamy sigh. Then it came to your senses, you don’t have his number. “I don’t have his number!” you exclaim as you turn back to Kai who is yawning. Some students around you turn to ask you to keep your voice down. Gee, wow, you have never been in this situation where a scatter of students turns to actually speak to you. You bow shyly, follow by a few more bows for the few outbursts before this and quietly sit back down. “Are you listening to me? I said I—“ you look down at the scrunched up paper. It was the one Kai used to throw at you. “Is this the envelope with my name on it?” you question him, holding the ball of paper up and slowly opening it apart.

“No,” he proceeds to rubbing his sleepy eyes. He finds the whole you-and-Baekhyun-supposingly-romantic scene boring although it was magical to you. “As you can see, the scrunched up paper you’re holding is white. Not blue.” He holds the blue envelope up, “this is the envelope with your name written on it.” He continues.

You lay the crumpled paper on the table and try to flatten it as much as possible. You then look up at Kai, “,” you growl, he responds to the nickname you’ve given him since the first day you two meet. He’s used to it. “Is this the paper in the envelope?”

He nods, “Yes, but this is the envelope with your name on it.”

What?“That doesn’t even make sense.” You retort. “If you have the brain, this paper is obviously more important than that envelope you’re holding. You know, the one you should crumple and throw at my head instead!” you try to keep your voice as low as possible; you definitely learned your lesson.

“If I were you, I would keep this envelope instead. That paper is ridiculous, full of words. So packed, so long-winded.” He then holds the envelope up, “Not like this piece of art. Beautifully-written. Short and understandable.”

You decide to not listen to anymore of his nonsense. That’s what Kai is to you, full of nonsense. You look down to the paper and come to notice that it is a long letter. Fun, you think to yourself, you haven’t received a letter in a very, very long time. Come to think of it, who still writes letters? Nonetheless, you head on with reading the letter.

“About Baekhyun’s number,” Kai pulls out his phone and slide it across the table to you, “I have it. Oh, and this…” he turns to his bag and takes out a piece of paper, also somewhat crumpled. “I got Baekhyun to answer every question of yours. I even got him to write the answers down himself just in case you wanted to frame his writing up and put it on your wall. You can thank me later by—“

“—Kai,” you cut him off abruptly, not exactly paying attention to what he just said. “I think this is a love letter.”

For the very first time, Kai is the one showing the are-you-stupid look between the both you. He is always the stupid one. The one with all the nonsense? He can’t believe you actually sound dumber than him for the first time. “Uhh, isn’t it obvious?” He points at the heart shape drawn at the corner of the envelope. “It has love letter written all over. This envelope is beaming ‘LOVE LETTER’ with ing bright neon lights.”

You choose not to believe what just happened. You? You receiving a love letter? What has the world come to? Then, you smirk. “Kai, this is not funny.”

He tilts his head. He doesn’t quite get you.

“Come on. Jokes’ over.” You throw the love letter back at him. “Baekhyun’s not here anymore. Spill, did you write that? You planned to make Baekhyun jealous or something?” You question him, feeling quite smart for not falling for his joke. Kai has always planned to get back at you for all that April Fool prank you successfully pulled on him. It was few months back. Back to the period where you two used to hate each other to guts. No no, when you hate him to guts. He just annoys you. Not like he doesn’t now.

“This is not even my writing.”

You take a second look at it. He’s right. Even if he try, his writing would never be any better. You’re surprised how he can even pass any of his exams with his handwriting of a doctor’s. Art, as he would call it.

“You paid someone to write it for you while you come up with whatever to write.” You come up with another conclusion. Then, you shake your head, “On the second thought, no, you couldn’t come up with such beautiful lines.”

“Hey!” Kai snaps, feeling kinda offended. “I-I can be romantic if I want to. I-I…” he clears his throat and opens his mouth when you stop him with your hands held up just a few inches away from his face, gesturing him to stop.

“It’s okay. Keep your romantic lines to yourself.” You chuckle and place your hand back down.

Kai pouts and brush his right hand through his hair. “There’s no point for me to do this. Baekh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter