Annyeong

You Belong With Me

Chapter 24 – Annyeong

 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Samonim,” Secretary Kim greeted the vain woman stepping onto the airplane headed back to the land she abandoned three years back. “I have found all that you have asked pertaining to Jung Yonghwa.”

Hyuna snatched a packet of white sheets from the polite man without even giving him a second glance. Everything she could ever want to know about Yonghwa was in the palm of her hand. The schedule he had, his address, the room number of his office in the hospital, and even the plans to his current home were all given to her on a silver platter. “Keep your mouth shut Secretary Kim. Joon can never find out about this. The second you talk, you’ll find your tongue being cut out of your mouth.”

“Ne Samonim,” the threatened man shakily responded. He knew more than anyone to not go against the wishes of his boss’s wife. Last time a servant had the guts to say anything against Hyuna’s interests, the woman mysteriously ‘went back to her hometown.’ Even if he saw Hyuna murder someone with her bare hands, he had to keep quiet.

Hyuna skimmed the information carefully. All of it interested her, yet at the same time it didn’t. She would have a long time to get used to his schedule and what not. That’s not what she was after. It was once she got to the section revealing his relationships that she was interested.

 

“Relationships:

 

Lives with lover Park Min Young. They have been living together for almost 3 months. Nothing more can be found on the topic since Miss Min Young has been presumably hiding in his house. What we are certain of is that there is definitely some kind of relationship between them. No further data.”

 

Hyuna’s happiness faded upon reading the few sentences of intelligence she had on her current obsession. She definitely expected some woman to be present in his life. However, she didn’t expect it to be Park Min Young of all people. As she put the pieces of the puzzle together, it all made sense. Yonghwa once told her that Min Young was his neighbor in Busan as a child. The information she was reading was not completely ridiculous. They did seem awfully close back when they interacted at the university.

“Damn it!” she growled, slamming her fist into her armrest. “!” Min Young was a serious issue in her plans to make Yonghwa hers. The girl was obviously very dear to Yonghwa. Had it been some other girl he met during the time skip, it would have been easier to split them apart. For Min Young to be the girl that Yonghwa loved for so long would make her mission a thousand times harder.

Yet, she was so wrong. Min Young was mistakenly set as her target, when she was only guilty of loving Yonghwa one-sidedly. If the vengeful woman only knew that her rival in love was none other than the girl she had a confrontation with the evening before, things would play out in a completely different manner.

“Park Min Young,” Hyuna whispered. “You little . You actually dared getting into Yonghwa’s bed after you told me you didn’t like him? I think I should pay you a visit.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Without hesitation, Hyuna hopped into the car that was prepared for her arrival. Her assistants were all thoroughly surprised when the arrogant woman decided to drive the car herself. She knew she couldn’t have anyone with her while she went to see Min Young. It wouldn’t bode well for her to have any interruptions during her surprise visit.

The GPS guided Hyuna to the house that she vowed to make hers one day. She loved the location and she could only delusionally imagine herself spending the rest of her life with Yonghwa there. As much anger as she had inside of her, she really had no plans of harming the innocent girl. After all, it was much too risky to be seen by anyone else that could possibly be in the house. All she had planned was a little girl talk, nothing else.

Min Young took a sip of her tea before looking out from the patio balcony into the backyard of the house Yonghwa invited her too. “Aigoo, you really like torturing me don’t you little one?” Min Young lovingly scolded the tiny being inside of her womb. “You make it impossible for me to eat anything without making me want to vomit.”

The only thing that could calm her morning sickness was having some soothing tea and looking out into the yard where Yonghwa constantly invited his friends for barbeques. The doll-faced woman smiled when she remembered the fun she had with his friends that were now hers. Although, it saddened her that Seohyun could never visit on those days due to her schedule.

Hyuna walked up to the door, but noticed that there were no cars in the driveway. Yonghwa wasn’t due to come back until the early afternoon but she clearly remembered reading that he always had a spare car in the driveway. “Guess nobody is home,” she mumbled before taking note that the gate to the back was left ajar.

Not willing to go home without at least finding a little bit more about him, she took the risk of trespassing on his property. Her eyes scanned the spacious backyard for any signs of life. Soon enough, the patio stairs led her to the elevated balcony on which Min Young was standing on. “Ah, so you were here.”

“Ne?” Min Young responded when she heard a voice behind her. The pregnant woman’s blood ran cold, freezing her feet to the concrete floor under her. Hyuna was standing in front of her wearing a confident smirk on her face. “Hyuna-sshi what are you doing here? How did you get into Yonghwa’s house?”

“The same could be said for you sweetheart,” Hyuna responded in a sugar-coated voice. “What little tricks did you use to get into Yonghwa’s house? I misjudged you back then. I thought you were a cute and innocent girl. Now I see you can easily get into a man’s bed like any other woman.”

Min Young scoffed in the same way that Yonghwa had when he first encountered Hyuna in Japan. It was laughable how the vainglorious woman was reprimanding someone else for being easy. “Hyuna-sshi, I doubt you’re in any position to insult me like this. You of all people should have some shame when it comes to a topic like this.”

“What? Ah… you mean how I got married to Joon? Well, that is in the past. I’m back to take Yonghwa’s heart again. You’re in the way,” Hyuna pointed out.

The blood in her body still refused to flow, almost giving her a constricting pain in her chest. Min Young knew that Hyuna was a dangerous woman. There was always something threatening and menacing about her, even if she didn’t have any solid proof. Her hands instinctively went to her stomach to protect the growing seed inside of her. “You’re wrong about that. I’m not with Yonghwa oppa.”

“Is that so? You’re gonna tell me that Yonghwa and you have no relationship? Why are you living alone with a man then?” Hyuna questioned. The way Min Young was still frozen confirmed her suspicions. “Women know women’s hearts the best. I could tell from the moment I saw you that you had feelings for him. Am I lying?”

“N-No you’re not. I do love Yonghwa oppa, but he’s not my man to take,” Min Young dejectedly explained. “Leave this house Hyuna-sshi. You’re not welcome here.” Min Young stormed past Hyuna in efforts to end the conversation. Things weren’t hostile, yet. There was no intent for causing harm radiating from Hyuna, a fact that gave Min Young some piece of mind.

“We’re not through,” Hyuna remarked while grabbing hold of Min Young’s arm. The wrathful woman threw her opponent into the railing of the balcony, forcing a grunt of pain out of her. “I’m only here for a friendly chat. Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you.”

Min Young desperately hoped that Yonghwa’s mother, grandmother, and assistant came back faster. The three women went to the grocery store while she was napping, leaving her all alone to deal with the fox in front of her. “I have nothing else to speak to you about. Leave!” Min Young yelled. As much as she wanted to conclude the talk peacefully, it wasn’t going to happen.

“Listen you little … I’m here to make Yonghwa mine. I made a huge mistake in leaving him and I regret it. I can’t spend a single night without imagining him taking my body completely. I need him to survive,” Hyuna deliriously confessed. Min Young felt sick to her stomach and it wasn’t the morning sickness.

“I’m not the girl that Yonghwa loves. You’re making a mistake.”

“You liar. I have all the information I need about you. I know every single move you’ve taken since you’ve stepped foot in this house.” Once again, Min Young could only freeze when she heard Hyuna speak.

“Does she know I’m pregnant? Does she think it’s Yonghwa’s?” she thought to herself.

“I won’t ask you again, leave,” Min Young commanded.

“Not until you leave first. I find it funny,” Hyuna scoffed.

“What’s funny?” Min Young snidely asked back.

“You really needed to sleep with your sunbae to get through school didn’t you? You’re no better than I am,” Hyuna insulted. “I may have left with Joon for money, but you did the same. You’re with Yonghwa because he’s rich now. You probably gave yourself to him so he could help you get into medical school too.”

Min Young lost it after hearing those words. The spot where Hyuna had been slapped the night before was once again glowing red in pain. Yonghwa’s roommate was breathing hard while putting her hand down from its outstretched position. “Don’t ever compare me to you. I’m nothing like you. I never once used my body to get ahead in life. That’s only something a like you would do.”

Hyuna’s pride was hurt for the thousandth time in two days. Not only did she have to take Seohyun and Yonghwa’s insults alongside Joon’s reproaches, but now she had to hear Min Young insult her? “Would you like to repeat that again?”

Even though she knew she shouldn’t egg Hyuna on, Min Young couldn’t find it in her to drop the argument. Not only was Hyuna insulting her dignity but also Yonghwa’s integrity. Hyuna was obviously mistaking her for the woman that Yonghwa held in his heart because of the circumstances. Yonghwa himself would be the only one able to clear up the misunderstanding.

“You are trash Hyuna. There is nothing lower on this planet than you. Not even the demons of hell would enjoy your company,” Min Young snarled.

It was Hyuna’s turn to return the slap. Even though she was evil, she wouldn’t hit a pregnant woman. She was at least had that much common sense. The only problem with that was, Hyuna had no idea Min Young was pregnant. That information wasn’t in the report. “I didn’t want to fight, but you are very good at provoking me.”

Min Young knew there was no way she would win a fight with Hyuna even if she wasn’t pregnant. She had to get away or else the baby would be in trouble. Once again, she tried to get away from Hyuna and once again it was in vain. The fuming woman pulled Min Young’s arm, throwing her into the railing of the balcony for the second time.

This time however, a low creak resounded from the metal tubing. All of a sudden, the black metal no longer held its weight and collapsed on itself, bringing Min Young along with it. Hyuna’s eyes shot open when she saw her opponent tumbling down onto a glass patio table that was found under the elevated area.

 “…” Hyuna mumbled. That wasn’t part of the plan. As much as she wanted to hurt the woman living in Yonghwa’s house, she wasn’t planning on it. A glance down at the place the railing connected with the balcony indicated it hadn’t been installed correctly. Even to her it was obvious the workers that installed it cut corners with it.

Coughs were heard coming from the girl lying in a bed of twisted metal and shattered glass. Blood slowly oozed out of her wounds, forming a pool of the life giving substance around her. “Damn, damn, damn damn!” Hyuna rapidly repeated. If anyone were to see her, she was screwed. Min Young hadn’t fallen off because of her, it was an accident. However, a third party wouldn’t be open to that possibility.

As much as Hyuna wanted to help the girl, she couldn’t. If anyone knew she was there, she was definitely going to find herself in front of a judge and jury. “Sorry sweetheart, but you’re on your own. Sorry about your accident.” Without further ado, Hyuna dashed back to the car she left a few blocks down. After assessing the situation, she was certain she left no proof.

It almost made her feel guilty to leave Min Young all alone with shards of glass embedded in every corner of her body. However, her goals were now closer to being met. It was unfortunate that the railing broke, but it wasn’t her fault directly.

“Eomeoni…” Yonghwa’s mom scolded when they arrived in Yonghwa’s driveway. “We don’t live in Busan anymore. We’re in Seoul visiting Yonghwa and Min Young remember?”

The three women hopped out of their car, holding bags of groceries. Yonghwa’s house maid he hired to help Min Young walked up ahead to set her things down. Yonghwa’s grandmother smiled weakly when her fading memory came back to her. “Ah, yeah I remember. Sorry, I must be getting too old now.” A glimpse of a head of obsidian hair caught her eye in the distance. Somehow the woman seemed familiar. She definitely saw the woman that was walking towards the street corner before, but her feeble brain couldn’t process the information.

“Oh… I think I left this gate open. I’ll see if Min Young is out back eomeoni,” Yonghwa’s mother remarked. “Go inside with the helper.”

The woman that gave birth to Yonghwa walked into the backyard only to be met with a horrific sight. Blood was everywhere, dying the crystalline glass a crimson color. “Min Young ah!?” Yonghwa’s mother bolted into action, dragging the bleeding girl out of the sharp bed of debris she was in. “Min Young ah!”

Fear was the only thing that she felt at that moment. There was so much blood everywhere that it seemed like there was none left in Min Young’s body. Without hesitation, she called an ambulance to come to her aid. The baby was the top priority at the moment, but she knew it was too late. There was no way a weak baby like Min Young’s could have survived the fall. Hell, she was lucky Min Young was still weakly breathing.

“Come on girl, hang on for me. Yonghwa’s coming back today and you have to stay alive for him.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yonghwa had so much spring in his step that he was borderline skipping as he got off of the plane. Seohyun understood his happiness well. Still, she wouldn’t stoop down to his level of choding-ness. Nobody could beat him at acting like a child, not even a real elementary school student himself could. “You like it that much?” Seohyun asked in disbelief.

“You don’t even know the half of it,” he smiled back. “Why? You don’t like it?”

“Ani… I love you like this,” Seohyun sweetly replied. “I haven’t seen you smile that wide since we were kids.”

As usual, the choding of the couple blushed furiously. It seemed he still wasn’t used to receiving compliments from his new lover. Yonghwa retraced his steps to walk next to Seohyun and grasp her small hand. “This is how we should be walking.”

“Tch, choding…” she scoffed. “So what are we telling everyone? Better yet, when are we telling everyone?”

“Right now,” Yonghwa confidently responded. “I’ll call the whole group to meet up at my house. That way we can even tell Min Young about it. Although it will probably be awkward. Oh even my mom and grandma are here too.”

“EH?! Why didn’t you tell me that earlier? I can’t just walk into your house and greet your family like this?” Seohyun exclaimed as she pointed to her state of dress.

“They love you. My grandma thinks you’re one of heaven’s angels Hyun. I’m pretty sure she won’t be opposed to it,” Yonghwa charmingly reassured her. “My mom knows about my love for you. It won’t be a surprise.”

As scared as Seohyun was, she had to face her problems eventually. To everyone around them, it would probably a tad bit awkward, but they would get over it quickly. Besides, they were always together in the past almost as if they were dating. After thinking about it, she guessed it wouldn’t be as big of a deal as she thought it was. “Oh man…”

“What’s up?” Seohyun asked at his exclamation.

“Twenty missed calls from my mom. I wonder what happened.”

“Yeoboseoyo?! Yonghwa yah?”

“Ne omma what’s wrong? Did something happen?” he worriedly asked when he heard her frantic tone. “Omma, answer me.”

“Min Young ah is really hurt in the hospital. She’s getting surgery done right now. Come fast!”

Time froze when he heard those words. The firm grip wrapped the mobile phone in his hand broke, sending the black contraption to meet the hard floor. Guilt racked his insides instantly. He promised Min Young he was going to go back after the first day. That promise wasn’t kept in the end. The first thought that came to his head was that he could have been there to prevent anything from happening to her if he didn’t stay that extra day.

“Yonghwa? What’s wrong?” Seohyun enquired. “Yonghwa…” The apprehensive female picked up the now shatter-screened phone and held it to her ear. “Eomeoni? Is everything alright?”

“Seohyun ah? Is Yonghwa okay? Please come to the hospital he works at. Min Young is here.”

“Ne?! She’s in the hospital? Okay, we’ll head there as fast as we can.” Seohyun managed to somehow turn off the phone with some trouble before shoving it into her purse. “Oppa we have to go. Snap out of it.”

“Let’s go,” he wearily, but worriedly, suggested.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seohyun drove the car that Yonghwa insisted on driving. She knew exactly how Yonghwa was when it came to his close friends. He wouldn’t care that he was breaking every traffic law in the world if it got him to the hospital fast enough. If it were up to him, he would have driven over the cars in front of him to reach Min Young quicker. As always though, she could read him like a book. The only thing he felt at that moment was guilt.

Sometimes, it drove her insane how responsible he felt over his loved ones. Life was full of twists and turns that mortals could never dream of anticipating. Yet, Yonghwa always beat himself up when a friend of his was in need, as if it were something he could have prevented. “Are you alright?”

“I will be once I know Min Young is fine,” Yonghwa answered desperately.

Any other woman would have been annoyed he was worried so much about another woman, but not Seohyun. Yonghwa was just like that. It was in his nature to want to keep everyone from ever coming in harm’s way. That’s probably why he became a doctor. “She will be. We have to hope she is.”

Luckily for both of them, Yonghwa’s temper was assuaged by the time they made their arrival at the hospital. Seohyun really hoped that Min Young was fine. She seemed like a very nice girl that she wished she could have been friends with. It made her heart ache when she remembered that Min Young only had a few bad experiences together with her.

“Omma how is she?” he asked when they finally reached the room where Min Young was sleeping.

“She’s pretty bad, but still breathing,” the mother quietly responded.

“And the baby?”

Seohyun knew what the answer to that was without even looking at his mother’s face. The dark atmosphere surrounding her was enough to know. Tears welled up in her eyes for a woman she didn’t even have a real connection with. Yonghwa clung onto a small bit of hope that his mom was holding out on him for some twisted reason. He still had a tiny expectation that the little being inside of her was still living.

“No…” Yonghwa whispered when he read the patient chart at her bed. “He’s gone Seohyun ah… The baby is gone.”

“I’m so sorry Yonghwa,” Seohyun consoled him. A few tears ran down her cheeks when she gave Min Young a glance over. The girl’s face was completely covered in small scars that looked as if someone dragged her face across a stretch of concrete. Both legs were covered in a cast as well as her left arm. Min Young could pass off as someone who went to hell and came back alive from how she looked.

“Let’s give Yonghwa some time alone,” the elder suggested. Both females quietly exited the room, leaving Yonghwa sitting in the stool next to his roommate.

Yonghwa’s mother offered her a tissue which she gladly took. “Today was supposed to be a happy day. Why did this have to happen?”

“Why was it happy?” the older woman questioned.

“Ah, I’ll explain that later,” Seohyun assured, knowing that it was neither the time nor place to reveal her new relationship status.

“It’s good to see you though,” the sweet mother pointed out. “I called Eun Jung and Jang Woo out as well. I don’t know whether that was a good idea or not.”

“It’s okay. I’m sure they’ll come. I heard she’s good friends with both of them too,” Seohyun recalled.

After that, there was nothing more they could talk about. They really wanted to catch up and recount the events since they last saw each other, but neither of them had the energy. Both women could feel the pain that surged through Yonghwa’s body as if it were their own. Soon enough, Seohyun made out the bickering voices of her favorite pair of lovers coming up the hall.

“Seohyun ah!” they both called out.

“Hey you guys,” she dejectedly greeted. “Some way to meet up after so long right?”

“Yonghwa? How’s he doing?” Jang Woo asked. The only response he received was a shake of the head from Seohyun. Jang Woo let go of his girlfriend’s hand to see if he could cheer Yonghwa up. After all, men knew the hearts of men the best. If anyone could get Yonghwa to liven up, it would be his best friend.

Eun Jung gave Seohyun a small hug as a welcome back gesture. The two girls wished the circumstances were much different, but nothing more could be done. “The baby is gone isn’t it?”

“Y-Yeah…” Seohyun muttered. “I never even got to be her friend Eun Jung. I can’t believe this is happening.”

“She’s a strong girl. Min Young will pull through just like she pulled through the million other obstacles in her life,” Eun Jung assured her worried friend.

Hours passed before Yonghwa found the strength to get out of his seat to find his friends. Everyone looked up expectantly as if they were about to hear big news. The lack of words exiting his lips, however, told them that it wasn’t the case. Seohyun pulled him into a warm hug to revive his spirits a little. Apart from the momentary weak smile he showed everyone, it didn’t seem to work.

“The police called,” Yonghwa began. “They said that the accident was caused because the railings hadn’t been installed correctly. There was no evidence that someone else caused it.”

Sadly, the police failed to find out that Hyuna had been the cause of everything. Sure, the railing was weak to begin with, but that wouldn’t have been a problem without Hyuna’s intervention. If the vengeful woman hadn’t thrown Min Young into the railing, they wouldn’t be there lamenting the loss of a life that had been unjustly taken.  

“Min Young will be okay though?” Eun Jung asked. “She’s fine since she’s still alive right?”

“She lost a lot of blood and one of the railings impaled her in the abdomen along with the dozens of shards of glass that were embedded in her skin,” he explained. “She also had a few fractured bones and vertebrae. It’s literally a miracle she’s breathing right now.”

Everyone’s eyes became downcast upon hearing the explanation. If even Yonghwa was being pessimistic, then it seemed all hope was lost. Seohyun brought Yonghwa into another hug, completely forgetting the fact that they were holding off on revealing their relationship status. Fortunately, nobody seemed to notice that there was anything off about their extra skinship.

“Can I go in and see her?” Eun Jung softly asked. Yonghwa gave her the green light with a nod of his head. Just as the door closed behind her, it was thrown back open. “She’s awake! Yonghwa come!”

The group all rushed forward to see if what Eun Jung was saying came true. “Min Young ah?!” Yonghwa questioned. “Jang Woo go call a nurse please.” On Yonghwa’s order, Jang Woo sped out into the hall to find help.

“O-O-Oppa…” Min Young wearily greeted, still under the affects of the anesthetic. “Ah, unnie…”

“Min Young,” Seohyun greeted. “Are you feeling better? How is everything?”

“Ne… I’m fine…” the shattered woman answered through ragged breaths. “My baby is… gone right?”

Just like when Seohyun and Yonghwa first arrived, nobody wanted to tell the truth about the baby. Min Young gave them a weak smile when her still groggy brain connected the pieces of the puzzle together. Even in her clouded state, she knew that her weak offspring couldn’t have survived that fall. “Min Young, please stop talking. Conserve your energy.”

“Promise…”

“Promise?” Yonghwa asked her.

“Promise me… You’ll be with unnie…” Min Young ordered weakly. “Unnie… you have to make her happy.”

Seohyun gave the further weakening girl a confused look. Yonghwa looked up at Seohyun to make sure that they were talking about the same person. “What are you saying Min Young ah?” Yonghwa shot back. Min Young felt herself slip further and further into the darkness with each word she spoke. Yet, wouldn’t stop moving.

“Love her like you have all these years,” Min Young suggested in a slightly more coherent voice. “I can tell from the way her eyes sparkle that you two are dating… I see it in your eyes too…”

“Min Young, stop talking. The doctor is going to come. You’re going to get better if you stay quiet,” Yonghwa begged. He took her free hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

With that motion, the few muscles in her face that could move helped her form a sad smile. “She’s perfect for you oppa. I can’t… I can’t ever tell you how much I appreciate you loving him back unnie.”

“Min Young, please don’t talk,” Seohyun whispered through sobs. “Please. Jebal…”

“Oppa, I can’t tell you how much you mean to me,” Min Young coughed out. “You’re so special to me that I can’t ever describe your great presence in my life… I’m so glad I spent these past months with you.” Tears ran down the wounds caused by the shards of glass that embedded themselves into her flawless face. “Unnie forgive me.”

“For what?” Seohyun questioned.

“For loving some-someone that doesn’t belong to m-m-me,” she stuttered. “Saranghaeyo oppa. Thanks for being there for me.” The feeling of being dragged into the darkness strengthened with her confession. “Kamsahamnida. For so long I’ve loved you shyly and secretly. Everything you did for me was a thousand times more than enough I deserved from you.”

“Min Young! Shut up!” Yonghwa yelled, paying no attention to his current environment. “Please, stop talking. You’re gonna be fine. Confess to me when you’re out of the hospital. Don’t do this here I beg you.”

Min Young’s smile tried to grow larger, but the numbness in her face prevented it. Eun Jung, Yonghwa’s mom, Jang Woo, and the nurse all exited the room to give them privacy. As much as it was a nurse’s duty to help a hurt patient, even she knew that Min Young wasn’t someone that could be helped by the hands of a mere mortal.

“Min Woo oppa… he’s going to be happy to see me,” she sadly pointed out. “I… I just wish that I wasn’t doing this to you. You didn’t even get to spend a happy first day back because of me.”

(For those who don't remember, Min Woo is her older brother that passed away)

Seohyun’s sobs evolved into full on wailing when she heard Min Young’s words. At that moment she knew exactly why Yonghwa cared so much for the girl. They were so damn alike it was scary. Min Young was on her death bed yet she was apologizing for being hurt. Did that even make sense? Only Yonghwa could beat her in showing such selflessness to her friends.

“No, Min Woo won’t take you away from us. I’ll make you stay here,” Yonghwa gruffly assured her. “Stay with us while the nurse comes.”

“Unnie,” Min Young interrupted. “I’m so sorry I had the face to *cough* to… to confess in front of you. Forgive me.”

“Ani Min Young, you didn’t upset me,” Seohyun confirmed. “Just stay quiet okay? We’ll make sure you’re okay.”

“Can I ask a shameless favor of you oppa?” Yonghwa nodded his head violently at her question. “Can I get a hug from you? Just one… just a hug.”

Seohyun shoved Yonghwa closer to the girl, forcing him to comply with her request. With some unfound strength, Min Young raised her head closer to Yonghwa’s face. The last energy in her body forced her muscles to give Yonghwa one last chaste kiss on the cheek before her time ended.

“Min Young…”

“Annyeong unnie, take care of oppa…” she whispered. “Oppa, I’ll watch over you forever. Be happy and I’m sorry for everything. Annyeong…”

Yonghwa felt the last breath escape the fragile girl’s body before she lay back down onto her pillow. Soon after, the machines to his right began to go crazy with noises that he recognized. With the dissonance the medical equipment caused, Min Young was escorted out of their world loudly. The man hugging her felt every muscle in her body go limp, confirming his friend dead.

“Min Young..? Min Young ah! MIN YOUNG?!?” Yonghwa cried. “No! NO! Seohyun she’s still alive right? These machines are lying right? RIGHT?!”

“Yonghwa,” Seohyun whined. “She’s gone. She’s gone…”

“No, she can’t be gone,” Yonghwa whimpered in desperation. Indistinct gibberish exited Yonghwa’s mouth as he tried to speak but his brain shorted out. His legs folded beneath him, bringing him to his knees. The happy girl that brought so much sunshine and happiness to his life was gone. No longer would he hear her sweet giggle or eat the slightly salty breakfast she made in the mornings. The person that he watched grow from a shy girl into a determined woman was no longer of the same world as him.

Seohyun’s heart broke while watching Yonghwa’s body shake in despair. Sobs racked his entire body, preventing him from standing up from his spot on the cold and hard floor. Even until the last moment, the girl was apologizing for something that wasn’t even her fault. Even if she never met Min Young as a friend, she was definitely going to miss her.

 

 

Author’s Note: This chapter broke my heart. Although I wish I could have put way more emotion into it. I planned this out from the beginning as it is going to set up an event next chapter because of it. I really really really didn’t want to have anything bad happen to Min Young, but I had to do it :(. Once again, I apologize for boringness. I really still can’t get into the swing of things. I also apologize for any future slowness in updating.

I know someone is going to ask me why she didn’t confess that Hyuna pushed her and you all should know the answer to that. It’s cause I like drama haha. And also because Min Young knew she was done with her time in the world of the living. She had to get out her true feelings which prevented her from talking about something like Hyuna.

(Also the scene where Min Young fell seemed confusing. Basically, Hyuna pushed her into the rail of the balcony. The rail wasn’t installed right and it collapsed. Under the balcony was a glass table that Min Young fell on. She broke more than a few bones, got cut by tons of glass, and a piece of metal went through her body.)