C H A P T E R 5

We Are Stuck In This Together

Chapter 5

 

“Pink,” Ryujae requested, when she was asked what color cotton candy she would like.

 

Eww, seriously? Pink?” Hayeon made a face at her best friend, tempting Jongup to take a picture for future blackmailing.

 

“Oh, no, that was for you, dear Hayeon.” Ryujae smirked, throwing the tub of soft pink colored cotton candy in Hayeon's face, and proceeded to get herself a baby violet colored one.

 

After much blaming, scolding and finally, hugging, Ryujae finally allowed herself to be introduced to Jongup.

 

“Ryu. Jae. Yeon. Nam Hayeon's best friend for life.” Ryujae said simply, still glaring at Jongup.

 

“Moon Jongup,” He nodded. “Hayeon's fiancé.”

 

Ryujae spun, facing Hayeon.

 

“What? We didn't meet for 2 weeks, and you're getting married.” Fury and betrayal ignited in Ryujae. She was her one and only best friend. How could Hayeon not have told her? Did she... Did she not miss her during these 2 weeks?

 

“I wanted to call you...” Hayeon admitted, guilt written all over her face. “I was just informed of this yesterday. Meet my kidnapper.” By 'this', Ryujae knew Hayeon must be referring to the arranged marriage she was expecting this whole while. She knew it was coming.

 

“Yah, I'm transparent. But it's okay. Actually, I came to the theme park to play,” Junhong complained.

 

“Yes, Zelo. Your introduction is unnecessary.” Hayeon smirked, but she ended up being slung over the tall boy's shoulder once more.

 

“WE ARE GOING TO THE 360 DEGREES RIDE NOW, RYUJAE.” Junhong dragged the tugging and screaming Hayeon towards the ride, enjoying the brunette’s fear.

 

“Okay, I apologize. Sorry, Zelo. Put me down now. I'm sorry. Your introduction was the most important, yes. We can have it now. No, we need to have it now.” Hayeon blabbered on, while Junhong continued to advance towards the terrifying ride.

 

“Too late, Nam Hayeon.” Ryujae giggled, watching her two best friends aboard the roller coaster.

 

“Aren't you coming?” Jongup asked hesitantly, as he chuckled at Hayeon's desperate attempts to break free from Junhong.

 

“Nope,” Ryujae laughed, a sound which resembles nothing less than beautiful bell chimes. “This moment is too precious. It needs to be recorded.” She grinned slyly, waving about her stylish sleek mobile phone. He nodded knowingly, and proceeded to take his seat next to a trembling Hayeon.

 

“Oh, Hayeon,” Zelo cooed. “It will be so exciting and fun. Wait, are you cold? Or are you shivering in fear?” He mocked. Hayeon sent him a death glare, but since she was trapped by the safety barriers, she couldn’t quite execute it harshly.

 

“Choi Junhong. I’ll kill you. Personally.”

 

He chuckled. “After all these years we’ve been together since high school, and you are still using that same old same old threat? You’ll have to be more creative, Nam Hayeon.”

 

The roller coaster took flight, dragging a screaming, fearful Hayeon in a circle on Ryujae’s recording.

___

 

“This…isn’t…fun at all.” Hayeon's cheeks lost their adorable hue, her lips paling out. “I..hate you...Choi...Junhong...” She breathed out, clutching desperately at the nearby railings, as her knees nearly buckled. She wasn't fond of roller coasters; she wasn't a fan of heights either.

 

“Oh, it isn't to your liking?” That evil smile on Zelo's face certainly didn't spell safety. “Okay, let's head for the Ferris Wheel.”

 

She could just faint right there and then.

 

Zelo's ivory pale fingers curled around her arm, dragging her yet again to his evil torture wheel. Or the Ferris Wheel. They didn't sound any different to Hayeon anyway.

 

“No... Zelo... I'm sorry... Don't...” She could almost feel the stinging tears at the edge of her eyes. He hesitated for a brief moment, as though her pleas were sinking in. Apparently, it was merely her illusion.

 

“Uh,” He looked flustered all of a sudden. “Let's go outdoors. There are more rides there.” He said, suddenly, abandoning his evil scheme. Hayeon didn't know whether to cry in happiness or to freak out at the sudden change of plans.

 

“Hayeon,” Ryujae tugged at Hayeon's other arm, but was immediately brushed aside. Hayeon's eyebrows knitted together in frustration, an action Jongup found to be adorable.

 

“What?” She snapped, barely noticing her best friend's darting eyes.

 

“Shall we get some snacks?” Jongup smiled, brightening the atmosphere ever so lightly, as Hayeon continued to glare at Ryujae. She wasn't angry, but she was still pissed that Ryujae had ditched her at the roller coaster. They all knew about her weakness.

 

Well, except Jongup, that is if he had yet to link her reactions with Zelo's evilness.

 

“Fine,” Hayeon replied, without glancing at Jongup once, her eyes never leaving Ryujae's. Ryujae heaved a sigh of relief when Hayeon and Jongup walked ahead towards the small area which sold food, bickering the entire way.

 

“You saw...?” Zelo walked in pace with her, his towering build just inches away from her small petite one. He deliberately left out what they saw, or rather, who, just in case Hayeon could overhear.

 

“Yeah,” Ryujae muttered. “But if we leave now, it would be suspicious.”

 

“Maybe we should just have brunch first, then head outdoors. Korea can't be that small.” Zelo sighed, equally as worried as Ryujae.

 

“Yah, slowpokes.” Hayeon grumbled, stopping mid-track, her arms akimbo. Jongup stood by her, feeling slightly awkward to even be there.

 

“Coming, you pig.” Ryujae laughed, linking arms with the grumbling old hag, while Jongup fell back to walk with Zelo. Zelo stared at the giggling girls, wondering how Ryujae could act so naturally like it was nothing, around Hayeon.

 

We are doing this because we love her. He could almost hear Ryujae's answer as she smiled convincingly while Hayeon pointed at a certain mascot.

 

“So...care to tell me more about Hayeon?” Jongup broke the silence, and Zelo stared at him in surprise. He definitely wasn't expecting that.

 

“What, why are you guys together? I hadn't known that Hayeon had someone in mind, much less someone to marry...” Zelo trailed off, his mind reverted back to the conversation he had with Ryujae.

 

“Erm, arranged marriage.” Jongup sighed. “I know, what kind of generation is this and why there is still a thing called arranged marriages, am I right?” Jongup blurted his own thought. “I don't know either.”

 

Zelo could see that this guy was nervous, very nervous, about having another responsibility, and another role. The role of a husband.

 

“It's okay. I'm here.” Zelo patted Jongup's shoulder, as the latter calmed himself down. “Hayeon...is not quite as simple. I think you'd have a better time if Ryujae was the one you were going to marry.” Zelo whispered, laughing. “Hayeon and Ryujae are very similar, but they have their differences, of course.”

 

Jongup nodded, listening intently. If he could, he would have already started jotting down everything Zelo was saying.

 

“Hayeon, even though she seems like she's fine on her own, don't leave her. She is categorized, according to me, with those girls who own a brave front but weak heart. A girl like her needs unconditional love, and it must be constant. Even if she says she doesn't like it, she is likely to like it. Hayeon is pretty simple when it comes to interests. She likes plain stuff, not too fancy or feminine. Bad example, hot pink.” Zelo laughed, remembering the time he purposely bought a hot pink wallet for Hayeon's 18th birthday.

 

Let's just say, it didn't end very nicely until he brought her to eat.

 

“She doesn't have many dislikes, but she has many fears. Since I don't really know you...” Zelo evaluated Jongup, sizing him up with his eyes. “I won't tell you her fears. You should have found at least one out today, haven't you?”

 

Jongup stared at Zelo, thinking about the ride. He nodded silently.

 

“Good. You have to be observant around Hayeon. All she does, is to eat, draw and sleep. She's just hot-tempered and a little spoilt. Her brother and parents dote on her a lot.” Zelo's voice softened a little at the end of his sentence. “That's why you have to give her lots of love. She will be depressed, if you don't. She will afterall be your wife, wouldn't she? So, love her, or else.” Zelo laughed bitterly.

 

Hayeon was like a little sister to him. Maybe because he didn't have a family, but he loved her more than anyone else. Even more than Ryujae, the one he had a crush on since forever.

 

“Lessons on how to tame Hayeon shall resume anytime soon. Now, I'm just hungry.” Zelo smiled childishly, skipping into the Mexican restaurant ahead of Hayeon and Ryujae.

 

“Hey!” Hayeon slapped him on the arm. “We haven't decided whether we want to eat here yet.”

 

“If you are stopping to look at the menu, you are interested.” Jongup stated, smirking at her scowl.

 

“So, why wait?”

 

“Yeah, I'm hungry.” Zelo whined.

 

“Fine.” She had to admit that the baked rice looked pretty mouthwatering.

 

The four strolled in, with Zelo in the lead, just right behind the waitress. But he suddenly stopped and turned around. “Maybe we shouldn't eat here.” He shot Ryujae a look.

 

“Why?” Hayeon pouted.

 

“The spices,” Zelo gagged, improvising on the spot. “It's too strong for me.”

 

“Nonsense.” Hayeon furrowed her brows at her best buddy, pushing him aside.

 

“Wait!” Ryujae reached out for her, but it was too late.

 

Hayeon froze, mouth agape.

 

There, right smacked in the middle of the restaurant, was her ex-boyfriend, Yong Junhyung.

 

 

a/n ;

ayo everyone :>

sorry for not updating for so so long ;A;

i was busy and... i came up with a new story o-o

OKAY DON'T ATTACK ME PLEASE /runs away/

continue to love hajong okay?

daehyun will appear....soon. LOL

until then, this is my new story!

 

click! and support! :D

 

 

please comment alright ;_; 

and check out my new layout! :D {in the foreword}

it's so pretty ;A;

I EDITED IT MYSELF OMG

/so proud hehe/

okay, comment comment!!