-

Insane

o1

 

 

Synchronization 98%... synchronization 99%... 99%... synchronization complete.

Bang Yongguk moves away from his computer screen to observe the Awakening — something he and his fellow scientist, Jung Soeun, called whenever a robot first opens its glassy eyes. The robot that was lying down flat in the bright blue transparent tube fidgets a little, before its glass-like eyes slowly open. The unclear, clouded eyes rolled around in its sockets for quite a while before both irises locked themselves onto the only human target in the room, Yongguk.

Yongguk smiles fondly at the robot before unclasping the locks keeping the tube tightly shut. The robot sits up stiffly and turns his head around — maybe a little too much than the normal human could twist their neck, then looks at Yongguk with a fixed expression.

“Hmm… can you hear me?” Yongguk asks, tapping his clipboard. The robot nods, before blinking a little erratically and replying with a stiff and metallic ‘yes’.

“Let’s see… you have the emotion chip embedded in you right?” Yongguk turns on his roller chair before rolling to the computer, and checking the screen. “Activate it.”

The robot winces and blinks again, a few times, before a smile spreads on his porcelain-looking face. This robot was one of the few prototypes of the model line Ren — all of them had pretty boy looks and blonde hair.

“Hi, I’m Yongguk, who are you?”

The robot smiles pleasantly at Yongguk, stretching his limbs out a little, wincing as he tried to process his thoughts a little.

“My name is… Kim Himchan. Nice to meet you Yongguk-ssi.”

And so Yongguk spent the rest of his day getting the robot Himchan to familiarize with his surroundings. Everything seemed to fascinate the young robot, from crawling ants on the ground to fluttering butterflies in the sky… But because this was his first day, mistakes were quickly spotted and hastily corrected.

Kim Himchan, a Ren line robot, was built to mirror perfection. They had no problems with the previous Ren model, so they decided to make this one… a little more perfect.

By the end of the day, Himchan was already clinging onto Yongguk’s arm, and he didn’t look very tired although Yongguk had checked and his battery level was absolutely depleting. The robot’s behaviour was very unlike a Ren robot… but Yongguk convinced himself it was only because today was the first day… the day of the Awakening, which was why the robot was acting like such a hyperactive kid.

As Yongguk shuts the ‘charging tube’ with a smile on his face, his co-worker, Soeun, suddenly drops her sight on the robot called Kim Himchan and then back at Yongguk. Her hand was clasped painfully tightly around another robot’s wrist — the first Ren prototype, called Choi Minki.

Jung Soeun shoots Yongguk a disapproving smile as she disappeared around her own workspace. “Don’t get too attached to the robot, okay? After all, they are just toys.”

Yongguk nods and mutters what he thinks are reassuring words as he turned his back to her. Unbeknownst to the girl, Yongguk had already grown fond of the hyperactive bot.

 

author'snote;

ohwell haha. first chapter ~ personalities and all 8D so... DON'T KILL ME YET . Or Yongguk . Or Himchan . More will come ! >:)