Oneshot

Better

 

She silently watched all of the scenes unfolding in front of her.Him talking to her in an oh-so-affectionate tone and her smiling at whatever he says.It had been like this for a few months and Jessica would be lying if she were to say that she's absolutely fine with it.

 

 

"Sica...," Taeyeon's voice averted her attention from the couple.The said girl tilted her head to the side to see her best friend looking at her in a worried state.She was the only one who knew that Jessica had a crush on one of their classmates and truthfully,she was a bit shocked to hear that her boyband-crazed friend actually had the other side of her."You okay?"

 

 

"Yeah,i'm fine," she lied,giving Taeyeon a fake smile.

 

 

"....Did you watched U-KISS' performance last night?" Taeyeon tried to change the topic.She just can't bear to see her friend suffering all the time.Well...maybe not all the time but still...

 

 

Jessica nodded to her question and continued sipping on her lemonade.Taeyeon's attempt seems to have worked since the two of them talked until the teacher came in and the chances of Jessica seeing those two with each other during lesson to lesson is low.

 

 

About 3 hours later,they finally finished their lessons for the day.Jessica quickly packed her things up,wanting to get home real fast as she wanted to update her fanfic as soon as she can but as she took a step outside of the class,she saw a familiar figure in a distance.

 

 

Her crush whom excused herself from the teacher earlier during their last lesson to go to the toilet was...crying.She knew her eyes weren't fooling her.

 

 

Jessica unconsciously followed the girl until they reached the rooftop and surprisingly,she still haven't noticed Jessica's presence yet.

 

 

The slightly tanned girl leaned her back against the rail as she slowly dropped,crying profusely.

 

 

Even though she wasn't planning to reveal herself,watching her cry in front of her...made her heart break little by little.It hurts her more than seeing her with other guys.

 

 

Jessica slowly approached her and crouched down."Hey...what's wrong?"

 

 

"J-Jessica..?"

 

 

"Why are you...crying?"

 

 

"I..It's nothing," she immediately put on a fake smile,wiping off her own tears.

 

 

"Yuri,it's fine if you don't wanna tell me about it but please stop crying..."

 

 

Out of nowhere,Jessica had the sudden courage to reach out for Yuri's face and wiped off the remaining tears with her thumb.Even Yuri was startled with the other girl's action.Their relationship wasn't that close enough for them to do something like this.

 

 

"...P-pretty girls shouldn't cry."

 

 

...Oh god,why the hell did i said that???

 

 

She backed her hand away but what caught her off guard was that Yuri...pulled her into a hug.It doesn't take anything more than a touch from her to make Jessica froze on spot.

 

 

"Please stay...,i need someone to be with me right now..."

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Although the two of them had been getting a little bit closer to each other ever since that event,Jessica would still act slightly awkward around the latter.She was never the type of girl that goes all out as she herself admitted that she's an introvert thus hanging out with Yuri and her friends is a bit uncomfortable for her.

 

 

Just when she was staring into the air,bored that there's nothing for her to do since their teacher is on a sick leave,an idea suddenly popped into her mind.Jessica took a glance at her crush who was busy chatting with the others.

 

 

...Will it be okay for me to make her that?

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

"...What are you doing with that?" Taeyeon curiously looked at her friend.They were the only ones in the library as of right now with a couple of other students seated a few tables away and the other girl was making...paper cranes? Instead of doing their homework which is to be handed in on the next day.

 

 

Ignoring Taeyeon's question,she asked her for another book that she took earlier as she finished making her 20th paper crane."Can you give me that biology text book?"

 

 

"You know...if the librarians were to find out about this,you'll be dead," 

 

 

Despite of what she said,Taeyeon somehow complied to Jessica's request.

 

 

"Relax,this is the last one," she quickly flipped over the pages and happily beamed when she found the 221st page.Jessica swiftly tore the corner of the page,returning back the book as it was the last one that she had to make.Her friend dumbfoundedly looked at her back and forth,wondering whether her friend is still sane or the otherwise.

 

 

221? 22+21? Isn't that your class list number and hers? ...I think i know what you're doing Jessi...

 

 

"...If you were a guy,i would've fall for you already," Taeyeon rested her chin on her palm.She found it sort of sweet on what Jessica's about to do.

 

 

"And if i were a guy,i wouldn't fall for a girl like you."

 

 

"Hey...."

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

Standing outside of the changing room was Jessica,contemplating if she should leave the box or not when she heard someone talking with...Yuri? Out of curiosity,she started listening to their conversation attentively although she knew it was wrong to invade someone else's privacy even if that person is her crush.

 

 

"Yuri...i'm sorry for what i said to you on that day..."

 

 

"Please go away Choi Minho,i don't wanna hear your explanation."

 

 

"Yuri...i'm really sorry...." he pleaded.

 

 

"I've tol-"

 

 

It was silence afterwards.No words were exchanged between the two and Jessica who was afraid that something bad might happened to Yuri,stepped into the room...to only see her locking lips with Minho.

 

 

Maybe....she is not meant for her after all.Just when she was about to confess to her,this...happened.Jessica bitterly made her way out of the place,careful enough not to disturb their moment and she took one last look at the box filled with homemade chocolates & paper cranes she prepared a few days ago before throwing it into the thrash bin.

 

 

A/N Kind of messed this up but whatever,i've finally made a YulSic oneshot XD I might do a sequel to this though...i mean aren't you guys curious on Yuri's POV?