What Should I Do Now?

Moving On Or Holding On

 

A month later…

I’m back at work and it felt good. Jin Goo is still in my mind and I don’t think he will be going anywhere anytime soon.

            “Hae Soo ah…one of the reader send a tip on the newest eat spot in Apgujung…I want you to go and check it out…” Mr. Yang, my editor in chief said giving a name card to me.

            “Yes sir…”

I went to the address on the card and it was small café sandwiched between two tall buildings. The Paradise…the name engraved on the wall. The bell chimed as the door opened and warm welcome greeted me.

            “Welcome to The Paradise…”

A guy in a full chef’s uniform walked up towards me. I felt like my knees have become jelly at the sight of him. He looked just like Jin Gook…my Jin Gook. The way he walked, his face….everything resembles Jin Gook.

            “Excuse me…can I help you?” he said. Even his voice is quite similar. I just stood there staring at him. Is this some kind of joke that fate playing on me? “Err…miss…is something wrong?” His voice pulled me back to reality.

            “No…it’s just that…you remind me of someone that I used to know…”

            “Really? I rarely get that…” he smiled.

            “I’m Kang Hae Soo from Seoul Magazine…I’m here to do some food review…one of our readers suggested this place…”

            “Really? That’s great…I’m Ok Taecyeon, owner and head chef here…”

When we shake hands, I felt the same electric shock I get everytime Jin Gook touched me.

They laid a full table of their best seller’s item and it looked great. It suits the warm and cozy feeling it gives to you as soon as you walked into the café.

            “So, why don’t have a bite? I hope it suits your taste bud…how about you try my bean paste stew first? It’s our house specialty and my favourite…” he said and smiled widely.

Bean paste stew…Jin Gook’s favourite too. I took a spoonful of the soup and once it hit my palate, a wave of nausea hit me. it feels like my whole stomach doing somersault. I ran towards the toilet and puked my gut out.

            “Hae Soo ssi…are you ok? Is everything alright?” I heard Taecyeon’s voice outside the toilet.

            “I’m fine…” I washed my mouth and went out.

            “Does my food taste that bad?” he looked at me.

            “No…it’s just me…this never happened to me before…” I felt the nausea hit me again and I ran back into the toilet.

            “Hae Soo ssi…let me take you to the hospital ok?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            “Congratulation Hae Soo ssi…you’re going to be a mother soon…”  the doctor said.

            “I’m pregnant?” I couldn’t believe the news I’ve just heard.

            “Yes…almost 2 months now…you have to eat healthy, don’t strained yourself too much…stress is not good for your baby…and come back to the hospital for your monthly check up…ok?”

            “Thank you doctor…”

I went out from the doctor’s office with my hands against my stomach. Jin Gook left a part of him with me after all. I’m gonna treasure this gift with all my life now.

            “Hae Soo ssi…what did the doctor said?” Taecyeon said as soon as he saw me.

            “It’s nothing serious…”

            “Hae Soo ssi…this is the prescription the doctor give…and your next appointment is on the third next month…” a nurse gave Hae Soo an envelope. “Congratulation on your pregnancy…” she said and left.

            “”You’re  pregnant? Congratulation…the father must be happy…’”

            “Well…he’s gonna able to see his child grow up…”

            “He left you?”

            “Yeah…he died about a month ago…”

            “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t asked…”

            “It’s ok…”

            “Um…Hae Soo ssi…this might be out of the blue, but can I see you again after this? It seems like I begin to fall for you…I don’t mean to freak you out but…I’ve seen you somewhere…”

            “Taecyeon ssi…are you sure? I’m not some young girls you see on the street…I’m a pregnant woman…and after the great loss I had few months ago…I don’t think I’m ready for another relationship…”

            “I’ll wait…no matter how long it takes…” he held my hands. “But now, let me take you home…”

Taecyeon’s words keep on ringing in my head. Apart from being Taecyeon look alike, he seems like a nice guy. Am I ready to be in a relationship now? I loved Jin Gook with all my heart…wouldn’t it be like a betrayal towards him? With a life getting bigger inside of me…I couldn’t handle all things at once.

What should I do now? Should I take plunge starting a new relationship or put it on hold?

 

What do You think?

Please Drop a comment!

Enjoy reading people!

BBYONG!