Fate is so Cruel

Complicated

Sehun's POV

All that happened so fast. I got Kai's blessing. KAI'S BLESSING. The last person who would have accepted Rei and I. I ran to the rooftop. "Oh, Sehun! Where have you- Woah!" I ran to give Rei a hug. "...what's going on?" She asked, hugging me back.

"Kai. He approves of us. We don't have to hide it anymore." I told her, grinning ear-to-ear. She widened her eyes and I nodded. She smiled and hugged me again.

"I wonder why he did it though." She said. Didn't we all? Did Kai realize our feelings for each other? How strong they were? I didn't want to think about it. We both let go and looked into each other's eye -- no, soul. We finally did what we've always wanted to do. Inching closer and closer, I took Rei's first kiss.

----------

We went on an official date after school. I took her to the fanciest restaurant in the city for dinner. After that, we went to the top of Namsan Tower. "May I have this dance?" I asked her. She giggled and took my hand. We waltzed in the shimmering moonlight, overlooking Seoul. 

"This has got to be the BEST night of my life." She told me. I grinned and pecked her forehead.

"You have no idea."

 

Sayoung's POV

BROHOHOHOHO! Good job, Taemin! I knew Kai would listen to him. Everything was falling into place. Let's just mess up Rei's life a little more... It was a slight detour on my plan, but she kind of deserve it. Making MY Kai cry like that. I went on the school's website and clicked the study abroad link. A year in France. I typed up the application for Sehunnie.  The school in France called me immediately. Heir to Oh Enterprises going to that school? Bound to make it famous. "Hello, am I speaking to... Ms. Oh?" I grinned, I'm truly a genius.

 

Narrator's POV ~time skip, a month later~

Sehun woke up this morning with his parents making racket. "Omo! Sehunnie! ~ I knew you would apply for this sooner or later!" his mother exclaimed. Sehun raised his brow, apply for what? His mother gave him the letter. He widened his eyes, when did he...? This must be a mistake, a year away from Korea? Rei? They just started a month ago! 

"Umma, there seems to be a mistake!" he exclaimed.

"No, no, no. Either way, you'll have to go. Make the family proud. You're leaving tonight. You can miss school today, just pack." she shooed him away. Sehun frowned and trudged upstairs.

He sat on his bed and took his phone out. He got a message from Rei.

From: Rei

Hi ~ Good morning! ^^

Sehun pondered at how he would break the news to her.

To: Rei

Hey... I gotta tell you something.

I wonder how she'll take it, he thought. 

From: Rei

whaaaat?

Sehun sighed, let's just get this over with.

To: Rei

My mom signed me up for this study abroad thing for France or something. 

It's... a year long.

She didn't text back. Sehun ruffled his hair, and jumped when he got a text back.

From: Rei

What? A YEAR LONG?

When are you leaving?

Hold up, I'm calling you.

He patiently waited for her to call him. When the phone rang, he fumbled and pressed answer. "Hellooooooo?" he awkwardly said.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" she yelled. Sehun inched away from his phone. 

"I just found out today, too!" Sehun yelled back, sighing at how ridiculous this was.

"...when are you leaving?" She asked.

"Tonight."

"Tonight?! Oh, Sehunnie..." she muttered, she sounded like she was about to cry.

"I-i... I wish I could do something but... You know my parents." He told her. There was an awkward silence before Rei responded again.

"When's your flight?"

"What?"

"I have to at least see you off!" she exclaimed.

Sehun grinned, "I leave at 11:30." She sighed on the other line, but she knew she couldn't change anything.

"Alright, I'll be there."

------------

Sehun waited patiently at the airport. Time was ticking and his girlfriend didn't show up. Did she forget? Was she too upset? He sighed as all these questions popped up. "Sehun!" he heard her angelic voice, and was tackled with a back hug. "Sorry I'm a bit late... Did you think I forgot?" he heard her smile. Rei buried her face in her boyfriend's back, taking in his smell. 

"Possibly." he said, turning around and hugging her. She hugged back, I'm going to be missing this for a year. "Don't find someone else when I'm gone. I'll beat him up, ok?" he said, releasing her. She giggled and nodded.

"And yooooou! Don't play with French girls!" she said, poking his chest. He faked a pained face. "I'll miss you, a lot." She told him. 

He gave a sad smile, "I know. I'll miss you a lot, too." He then rummaged in his pockets until he found what he was looking for. He took her hand and placed a ring on her finger. "W-well, this is... you know." He said, blushing madly. Rei kept her calm, composed self, but she was squealing inside. "I love you." He said, inching forward.

"Me too." Rei replied, giving him a compassionate kiss. The intercom went on and announced the flight for Paris, France.

"Don't miss me too much!" Sehun yelled, walking to his flight. 

"Don't count on it!" Rei yelled back, walking the opposite direction. They were both smiling, but they knew inside... they were crying.

 

Rei's POV

I took a taxi home. One year seems forever. I played with the ring on my finger. Did he engrave something? Sounds like he would. I looked in the ring and grinned. "I'll love you forever." I put the ring back on my finger. I giggled like an idiot, receiving a weird glance from the driver. Suddenly, there was a flash of blinding light. The next thing I knew, I was on the road. I heard people yelling and shouting... I placed my hand on my head. My head... I looked at my hand, painted with blood. "Sehun..." I muttered and out.

 

WAHH. MY FEELS WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS.

Sorry if you see any errors... I wanted to update quickly.

Dancing, dancing, dancing in the moonlight... See what I did there cx

OTL SO TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS SO FAR!