Car Wash

Car Wash

 

Kyuhyun sighed as he stepped in his car and sat on the driver seat. He finally finished his work when it was evening already. A small paper which he stuck on the dashboard before catched his attention. “Wash the car” was what’s written there. He needed to wash his car today, no matter what, because his car already looked like a garbage.

He drove out from his office to a car wash. Fortunately that car wash hadn’t close yet. He queued behind two cars. Seemed like he had to wait before his turn. His eyes immediately found something that catched his attention. Bright blonde hair that looked contrast with the dark night sky. He hadn’t managed to see the owner of that bright blonde hair yet because the blonde haired dissapeared into the car wash office.

Someone knocked at the window, woke Kyuhyun up. Kyuhyun opened his eyes and needed time to realized where he was. He felt asleep when waited for his car turn to get into the automatic car wash. He looked at the window where someone knocked it before.

That bright blonde hair was just right beside his car now. The owner is a skinny boy. His uniform showed that he’s an employee of this car wash. He lowered the window because the blonde haired boy wanted to talk to him.

“Your turn, Sir,” he said with a bright smile.

Kyuhyun didn’t blink at his view. Bright blonde hair, fairy white skin, and gummy smile. Beautiful, he thought.

“Sir?” called the blonde.

Kyuhyun woke from his trance, “Oh, yes yes,” closed his window unpolitely and drove into a tunnel-like building, where he would get his car washed.

Wait. He suddenly felt suffocated and his heart beat faster than usual. Was it because of that blonde? No. It was just because he was a bit afraid of darkness but he had to drove into the tunnel-like building which was a bit dark inside. Kyuhyun told himself.

He sat quietly inside when his car being washed. Somehow the image of that blonde kept appearing in his eyes. He already managed to catch his breath and get his heart beat in a normal speed when the automatic car wash finished its job.

He took a deep breath before started the engine. That was when the blonde appeared in front of the building, waited for him to drive out and pay the bill. Kyuhyun blinked in disbelief at his view. That blonde looked shining in his eyes. No. It was because he was in a semi-dark building and that blonde stood in a brighter place. Kyuhyun told himself.

Kyuhyun drove out and stopped in front of that blonde. He lowered his window to pay the bill.

“Your bill, Sir,” the blonde said.

Kyuhyun gave some money and the blonde took it. When the blonde gave him the change, he accidentally touched the blonde’s hand. He quickly pulled his hand, closed the window in an unpolite way and drove out.

He was riding to his home. His hand, which the blonde touched before, was trembling. Wait. What? Trembling? What for? No. It was just because he was too tired that he trembled when he drove home. Kyuhyun told himself.

---

Kyuhyun went back to that car wash two weeks later. To get his car washed, not to see that blonde. Kyuhyun told himself.

But Kyuhyun felt upset when he found that he didn’t need to queue, he could get his car into the automatic car wash directly. That means he wouldn’t get the blonde to wake him up. Did he upset because of that? No. It was because he was tired and hoped he could get a rest when queuing but he couldn’t because he got his car washed immediately and leave...soon. Kyuhyun told himself.

He drove out from the automatic car wash as soon his car finished. That blonde stood at the same place like before. The moment he saw that blonde shining figure was the moment where his heart beat fast and his hand trembled. What? No. Just no. Kyuhyun told himself.

---

Kyuhyun himself didn’t know that he was addicted to that car wash. But he kept coming, almost everyday, even in his holiday, even when his car didn’t need a wash at all. And he always welcomed by his fast heartbeat and his trembling hands the moment he saw that shining blonde boy. That feeling was uncomfortable. Kyuhyun told himself. But he couldn’t, he won’t stop.

---

Someday it wasn’t the blonde who passed him the bill. He tried to look out into the car wash office, thought that maybe the blonde was in there. But blonde wasn’t there. He was upset. Yes. But he wouldn’t tell himself.

The next day Kyuhyun went back to the car wash. The blonde didn’t appear still. After got his car washed, Kyuhyun stepped out from his car and walked to the car wash office. All eyes were on him when he opened the door.

“Excuse me, I’m looking for an employee,” Kyuhyun said to a random employee.

“What’s his name?” that employee asked.

Dang. Kyuhyun just realized that he didn’t even know the blonde’s name. Maybe he was too captivated by the blonde looks so he didn’t even managed to see his name tag. Yes. But he wouldn’t tell himself.

---

Kyuhyun stood in front of an apartement’s door. He took a deep breath before rang the bell. Few moments later he could hear someone walked to the door with heavy steps

“Who is it?” a voice came out from the other side of the door.

Kyuhyun didn’t reply. Not because he didn’t want to, but because he didn’t know how to explain himself. Who was he to the person who was standing on the other side of the door?

The door opened. The blonde stared at him in surprise. But he knew that the blonde recognized him, because the blonde didn’t reject his presence. Kyuhyun didn’t know what to do so he just smiled awkwardly. But the blonde smiled brightly at him. And this familiar fast heartbeat and trembling hands got back into Kyuhyun.

“I heard that you’re sick,” Kyuhyun said, didn’t sure if it was a question or a statement to explain his presence.

“Just a flu,” the blonde coughed, “Well, uh...come in,” he opened the door wider to let Kyuhyun in.

Kyuhyun just stood when he was already in the apartement. This apartement was small but neat and clean.

“What do you want to drink?” asked the blonde, catched Kyuhyun’s attention.

“Uh...no, I bring food and medicine for you,” Kyuhyun lifted up a plastic bag on his left hand.

“Thank you,” the blonde coughed harder than before.

“Oh, you need to rest,” Kyuhyun shoved the blonde into a room which he guessed as the blonde’s room.

The blonde laid on his bed and Kyuhyun sat on the edge of the bed. Kyuhyun dared himself to touch the blonde’s forehead.

“You got a fever, I’ll get some ice,” Kyuhyun said and left the room.

Few minutes later Kyuhyun went back to the room with some ice wrapped in a small towel. He put the towel on the blonde’s forehead. The blonde flinced a bit by a sudden cold on his forehead.

“Have you eat yet?” Kyuhyun asked.

The blonde shook his head but his hand held the towel to keep it at place.

“Good. I brought a...uh...lunch pack. It’s the only ready-to-eat food I found in the supermarket. You eat first and then take the medicine.”

“Wait. Do you know me?”

“Of course, Lee Hyukjae. I know your name. I know where you work at. And I even know your address, didn’t I?” Kyuhyun said while prepared the lunch pack so the blonde, Hyukjae, could eat.

“How?”

“The car wash.”

“And why...why do you this...to me?”

Kyuhyun needed time to answer, “Because I want you to recover soon so you can work at the car wash again. And...so I can see you again.”

“So you often went to the car wash to...to see me?”

Kyuhyun nodded.

“You know, if you just want to see me, you don’t need to go to the car wash. You can...you caan come here if you want.”

Kyuhyun stopped his act. They looked at each other eyes. No words came out from their mouths at that moment, but they felt like they were talking to each other.

“But I need to know your name first,” Hyukjae chuckled, broke their wordless eyes-to-eyes conversation.

“It’s Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Hello, Cho Kyuhyun. I’m Lee Hyukjae,” Hyukjae stretched out his right hand for a handsake.

“Hello, Lee Hyukjae. Nice to meet you,” Kyuhyun took Hyukjae’s hand.

They smiled at each other. That was an awkward introduction. They introduced themself to each other just now, but they already felt each other since...they themself didn’t even know when.

 

-end-

 

hyaaa sorry~ i thought i already posted it! >.< the truth is, i accidentally marked the "Hide Chapter" option but i didn't realized it!!! oh stupid me...sorryyy~~~

uh...i'm trying to write a 'different' story from what i wrote before. not a comedy story, i guess. but i hope you like it ^^

leave comments if you don't mind. thank you ^^

 

@sweetybear19 : i wrote funny stories before, but it  isn't a funny story, is it? kkk~ hope it won't dissapoint you ^^ thank you