Homesick [One-Shot]

Homesick

“Homesick”

An EXO Fanfiction

Pairing: Baekyeol

~~~~~

So many nights even before their debut, Chanyeol would often hear soft whimpers or sniffles from the other side of the room. He would look up from the book he was reading countless times to check if his roommate was indeed asleep. With his back facing his tall friend, Beakhyun kept himself enveloped under the thick covers of his own bed.

Once Chanyeol had the courage to ask what was wrong, Baekhyun only raised his eyebrows, tilted his head to one side —as if telling him he didn't know what he was talking about— and shook his head, chuckling. "What are you saying Chanyeol-ah? I don't snore when I sleep,"

Chanyeol never felt so confused in his entire life. "No! I didn't say you snore, you, I hear you—sometimes— you—"

"I what?" Baekhyun laughs turning back at the music sheet he was reviewing before Chanyeol.

"You make weird noises when you're asleep or when you're going to sleep, I don't know okay, you always have your back turned to me so I don't know!" Chanyeol says wanting to tear hair out of his own scalp.

Baekhyun laughs again looking at Chanyeol with a smile "You're overreacting Park Chanyeol, I don't make noises when I go to sleep, you do,"

"When did this become about me?!?!"

And that was when he sighed and gave up, pouting when Baekhyun explained his odd sleeping habits of breathing really loud and tossing and turning every other minute.

He tried to stop acting  like a stalker who watched his friend every time they went to bed after that but he would still hear tiny sobs that came from Baekhyun's bed one in a while, not every night but once in a while. Chanyeol was starting to think he was being haunted by some emotional ghost or something.

So he tried again, "Yah, Baekhyunnie," he called at one of their water breaks.

"Hm?" Baekhyun responds looking over at Chanyeol while drinking from his water bottle.

"Really, you don't notice yourself making strange noises at night? Sometimes?" He asks, slowly, making sure to pick out the right words.

"You're at that again?" The older shakes his head and tiptoes a bit to pat Chanyeol's head. "I don't know, maybe I do have a weird sleeping habit as well, like you, I don't notice it either," he laughs ruffling his best friend's hair.

Having Baekhyun say that was so relieving that Chanyeol was sure he could collapse on the spot. Thank God he wasn't being haunted, thank the Lord, Hallelujiah!

Now that it was confirmed, Chanyeol felt somehow at peace but he was still worried, if what he heard at night was Baekhyun sobbing, what was the reason? Was he having nightmares? Didn't he like having to sleep in a room with Chanyeol?

Chanyeol made sure he would let Baekhyun sleep first so he could watch over him, when one of the 'episodes' began he immediately threw his book away —on his bed— and climbed on the older's bed without permission. "Baekhyun-shii," he whispers getting the comforter out of Baekhyun's face.  When he saw his friend's condition he suddenly panics, Baekhyun was sweaty and the corners of his eyes were watery, he can't have Baekhyun sick, he wouldn't know what to do! He didn't want to bother his other members of course so he does the most pathetic thing in the world, "What's wrong Baekhyun?" He asks trying to wipe away the sweat beads that were forming on Baekhyun's forehead.

" 'Mm, fine..." He says slowly opening his eyes, holding unto Chanyeol's arm.

"Are you sick? Do I call 911?" Chanyeol asks brushing the hair out of his friend's eyes.

Baekhyun smiles and cups Chanyeol's face with his pretty hands and putting both of his thumbs on the other's lips to shut him up. "I'm fine, just a little hot,"

"Hot, you mean..." Chanyeol says, eyes wider than ever.

It takes a few moments for the nodding Baekhyun to register in his head what Chanyeol meant by his 'hot' as soon as he understands that their meanings were different he blasts awake and shouts a sudden "No!" Which surprises the latter, "Hot, I mean hot as in sweating hot, no, uh, hot like temperature hot, like hot and cold not that kind of hot," he says shaking his hands and head in perfect sync.

"Oh," was all he got from Chanyeol, after that they both stayed up until dawn talking about and doing the most random things.

The night before their debut was when Chanyeol finally figured out what those sounds that Baekhyun emitted were.

During dinner, after saying their goodbyes to their other members who were flying to China the next day to make their own debut as well, Baekhyun clears his throat and announces that he was going to sleep first. Joonmyun tells him to stay for a little while since it was going to be their last night bonding with each other knowing that in the next days to come they would be busy as hell but his dongsaeng refused. Baekhyun laughs, bows to his other members and says he's really sleepy before taking his leave.

As soon as they heard the click of Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's door the other 5 members looks at each other as if reading each other's minds that said even without asking what was going on, Baekhyun was not in good condition.

"He's nervous for tomorrow," Sehun —the supposedly quiet one— said breaking the silence.

"We'll be as nervous as him tomorrow, it's just that we aren't feeling it yet," Added Joonmyun with a shiver.

"I didn't know Baekhyun-hyung's nervousness could top Kyungsoo's," Jongin laughs stabbing his dinner with his fork while looking at Kyungsoo’s direction with that familiar smirk of his.

"No, Hyung has really high notes to reach tomorrow, I think it would be best for him to rest and he knows that himself. Baekhyun-hyung is really confident, I'm sure he's just really sleepy," says Kyungsoo returning Jongin’s smirk.

"Could be," the other three agreed, eventually moving unto another topic such as EXO-M's trip to China and how their other six members were doing and how much they missed them.

While the rest of the group ate with laughs and silly jokes the tallest amongst them or the usually hyper active one remained silent, eating away the food on his plate.

Inaccurate, Chanyeol thinks absentmindedly chewing on his food. They were right, it seemed like Baekhyun was nervous for their debut but Chanyeol knew there was something that was bothering his friend other than the events that will take place in the very near future, in fact, Baekhyun was very excited to know that they were debuting, he would jump around singing lines from MAMA or he would suddenly dance a part of History or sometimes imitate himself singing What is Love, that was how excited he was and that was why Chanyeol knew that there was something going on with his best friend that he was not telling him, something that looked very personal.

He waited for the other four to finish eating and chatted with them as well before actually going into his room to check on Baekhyun, even though he wanted to as early as possible, he felt rude for suddenly leaving so he stayed. After the goodnights and the goodlucks that was when he finally entered their room.

As quietly and as slowly as possible he opened the door frowning every time the thing decided to creak, afraid that he might awaken his friend, Chanyeol pokes his head in first before pulling his body in. He sees nothing at first but as his pupils adjust to the darkness, he sees the lump on the bed opposite his. "Baekhyun-ah?" He whispers closing the door behind him.

Nothing.

He sighs and proceeds to take a quick bath and head to bed. When hefinishes, he directly lays himself down getting comfortable. A good 30 minutes pass yet Chanyeol was still wide awake. He didn't know what he was waiting for, was he that excited to be on stage? Or was he expecting some sort of movement from his friend. Paranoid. He was paranoid.

He counted sheep in his head, he memorized some more of his raps, he hummed to himself, he shifted to his side and looked out the window counting stars to try to get some sleep when he was slowly succeeding there went a buzzing sound from the other part of the room. He turned his head to the other bed where some shifting was going on. He narrowed his eyes and saw Baekhyun pull his mobile phone from under his pillow.

Oblivious to Chanyeol's gaze in the dark room, Baekhyun turned to the wall and  pressed the receiver before placing it on his ear. "Yeoboseyo," he greets in hushed voice.

What time was it? It was past midnight and Baekhyun was talking to someone on the phone. Chanyeol turned around frowning to himself, he didn't know what had his stomach churn in disgust, who was he talking to? Chanyeol couldn’t help but wonder, was it the reason for Baekhyun's tears? He felt his hand slowly form a fist but lets it go as soon as he heard Baekhyun sobbing.

"I miss you," he hears Baekhyun whisper through his quiet sobs. Chanyeol didn't know what he wanted to feel at that moment, he held his blanket as if he was holding unto his dear life. For sure, he wanted to get up and wipe Baekhyun's tears away but something kept him glued to his side.

"Umma," Baekhyun says.

Right there, Chanyeol finally understands. Hedidn't need anyone to explain, for the first time in his life he got something on his own.

"I'll be fine, I have my members, they are very kind to me, yes, everyone, especially Chanyeol, yup, he's very nice and funny, we get along very well," He hears Baekhyun laugh a bit despite his hoarse sleeping voice. Chanyeol felt his stomach flip at the mention of his name, even felt his cheeks get hot when he was complimented, he was sure to give his Bakehyunnie a reward.

"Yes, I will do my best, watch me and be proud of me okay?" Baekhyun says definitely crying this time, he still kept his voice low, Chanyeol thinks Baekhyun was afraid to wake him up which was pointless since he was never asleep in the first place.

"I love you. Take care of yourselves while I'm gone okay? Yes, I will keep in close touch, I promise. I'll try to visit as soon as I can, yes, Umma," that was the last thing Chanyeol heard before Baekhyun seemed to cover the mouthpiece to his lips.

Next thing he knew his bed was already tilting from the weight of his friend. He shut his eyes and waited for what Baekhyun intended to do but he just lay there, back touching Chanyeol's. He felt Bakehyun shift a couple of times before resuming to his quiet whimpering, Chanyeol had his eyes open the whole time but it took him a few minutes to actually turn to Baekhyun, he never assumed he was asleep though, he knew the older was still sobbing as quietly as he can.

Chanyeol turned to his other side now facing Baekhyun's back, he could see his friend's outline shiver under the covers and that was when he decided to turn him around, using a bit of strength to urge Baekhyun to face him, it didn't take too long before the shorter man gave in.

Seeing that he wasn’t able to see Baekhyun's face that well in the dark, Chanyeol reachedfor the table lamp before attending to his friend. There he sees Baekhyun's eyes partly swollen because of his tears and some were still gushing out of his eyes, Baekhyun held the comforters up to his nose to muffle the sound of his continuous sniffing and kept his eyes closed. Chanyeol didn't know what to do, he was only able to stare at the figure beside him, constantly pushing away hair strands that got in his best friend's face also wiping away tears that kept flowing out of his eyes.

After a few seconds Baekhyun was slowly opening his eyes to face Chanyeol, "I'm sorry," he says with a sad smile. Chanyeol shakes his head and says "It's okay," before pulling Baekhyun closer to him, closer than ever.

"Chanyeol-ah," he says softly, listening to the beat of Chanyeol's heart. "I'm scared, I’m scared for tomorrow,"

Baekhyun feels Chanyeol's grip tighten as the taller male rests his chin on top of his head, Baekhyun can't help but notice the perfection in their height differences. "Don't be, Chanyeollie's here,"

He gives a slight nod and smiles on his own, "I'm nervous too," he says this time closing his eyes in hope for some sleep.

"Same here," Chanyeol reassures before letting go of Baekhyun and then digging into the other's covers in search of his hand, once he found the hand that was holding unto the comforters, Chanyeol held it close to his heart.

"What if I fail to hit the high notes?" Baekhyun asks staring at their intertwined fingers which looked perfectly fit for each other as well.

"You won't, I'm very sure of it," Chanyeol says with a smile.

Baekhyun soon felt tears again but not as much as before he looked up at Chanyeol who had his eyes closed at the moment but he was still awake, wide awake. "Chanyeol-ah," Baekhyun whispered once more.

Upon hearing his name his looks down at Baekhyun and proceeds to kiss away the tears that landed on the smaller male's cheeks. "I want to go home," Bakehyun finally says clasping the bigger hand tighter that held his own.

He feels a warm touch on his forehead which he knew was Chanyeol's lips yet again before he sees the taller smile down at him, "Baekhyun-ah," he says still smiling,

"You are home,"

Somehow, after staying beside Chanyeol, Baekhyun felt his tears lessen and his hiccups decrease, he felt his heart beat faster and his temperature grow hotter, was this all because of Chanyeol's super power? He had to wonder.


He felt comfortable under his own covers, where he thought he could cry his heart out but staying beside someone you knew, cared for you, he didn't know, was different, so different from what he expected, it calmed him down, it made him want to stay like that forever, it made him wish it could last, it made him wish they weren't going to leave this position in a few hours.

He nods tangling his legs with Chanyeol's long ones, laying his head down in front of the other's chest. He never realized until now that he had been crying for no reason, he wouldn't have realized if Chanyeol did not say those three words. Baekhyun notes in his head that starting now, and hopefully till the end, he had two homes.

One, where his blood related family resided back in Bucheon and the other right here where they might not be blood related in anyway but their bonds will be as strong as a brother's or even more.

EXO is one.

With that, Baekhyun never felt so at home, never felt so 'not' alone and was never this ready to face tomorrow and the days to come and it was all thanks to  Park Chanyeol.

~~~~~

Le Fin~

OMG. How was it? Ahh I dunno, I love them so much I just. 

I SWEAR THIS FIC CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. =))))))))))))

Byebye~ Spread the Baeyeollie love okiee?