First Encounter

Never- Ending Love

Second Day of the Second Month 1800(Joseon Dynasty)

Narrator's POV

It was a day filled with cheers and laughter in Hanseong(capital of Joseon Korea). Man and women came together in the capital making merry. The air was filled with men's bellowing laughter and women's chattering voices as they talked about the important day that day. Above everyone's conversation, stall owners along the pathway shouted to the passing crowd, trying to attract them to their stall. It was a day to be celebrated about.

That day, the son of the richest man in the capital, Jang Wooyoung was going to be bethrothed to a young lady. It was rumoured, she was one of the young beauties in the capital, and the only daughter of the capital's best scholar.

Wooyoung's father treated his son, like a treasure, as he was his only son after his wife's few miscarriages. Therefore, it would be no surprise if Old Jang would make up such a big commotion like this. Nevertherlesss, everyone in the capital was all excited and thrilled to be celebrating such an event. Everyone, but Wooyoung...

Wooyoung's POV

"Young master!" Minjae, the family's housekeeper, bellowed.

"Young master! Where are you?" I heard my other servants shouting repeatedly from a corner. They were scowering the whole compound, searching high and low for me. However, they were not looking hard enough. I was hiding behind the earthernware pots, filled with different kinds of sauces. No way am I going to marry someone I have not met before. I don't want to be bethrothed to anyone just yet. I want to have my fun!

I peeped to ensure no one was there before sneaking my way out of the house by my secret passage, a hole in the fence wall surrounding the house. Finally, freedom! 

Everyone was busy doing their own thing, transporting hay to purchasing groceries. Some people's faces displayed excitement for the event later. Too bad this host here is going to disappoint them all.

I strolled down the market, glancing through all the goodies sold by the older women. As I walked by a valley, I heard someone's cries among the whole noises that lingered in the air. Curious, I turned into the valley. "Don' t you come near me! I really have nothing!" a girl pleaded.

"Don't you worry! We just want our stuff back!" a boy's voice echoed.

"What stuff?"

"You know? The stuff you stole? Get her!"

"Ahh! Help!"

Jieun's POV

I was rather petrified. I was cornered, nowhere else to run to. I admit I stole some of these guy's fruits, but I had no choice! I really wantes to eat! I was hungry and losing my strength. Fighting these guys would be difficult.

 "Don' t you come near me! I really have nothing!" I begged.

 

"Don't you worry! We just want our stuff back!" one of the boy said with a twisted smile.

"What stuff?"

"You know? The stuff you stole? Get her!"

"Ahh! Help!"

"Stop right there!" a boy in bright blue jungchimakstood at the opening of the valley. The boys stopped at their tracks and turned to see who it was. Taking this opportunity, I took some of the baskets next to me and hurled them at the boys and ran off. I pulled the rich kid along, and ran within the maelstrom crowd. I hoped we have shakened them off.

Wooyoung's POV

I was trying to save the girl from those thugs, and the next thing I know, we were lost in the colourful crowd. For not long, we stopped at a hill not too far from the market, panting like dogs. I looked up and saw this sylph.

 

A/N: 자! We have come to the end of the first chapter!:( I hope you've liked it! I am sorry if there were grammatical errors present in the story! Please do comment and subscribe!!감사힙니다!!^^ Oh! and P.S all these are fictional!! And I am sorry if i made some mistakes with the Korean tradition! Please do notify me if I did! Thx!