Going Crazy

[A-PINK ONE-SHOT REQUEST SHOP] Going Crazy

Note :

in Arial                         : Yookyung's POV

in Courier New : Daehyun's POV


 

My phone rang. I didn’t answer it hurriedly because it’s obviously from him. After finishing some of my work finally I picked up the phone.

Yeoboseyo?

Finally you picked it up. How are you doing?

Everything is fine oppa.I’ve finished today's tasks already.

That’s good then. Let’s meet today at the usual place. Do you want me to pick you up?

No thanks. I still can take the public transportation.

No no. I’ll pick you up. Wait for me, okay?

Ah it’s okay opp.. yeoboseyo?”he hang up the phone.

It’s been like this ever since last month. He’s being over protective towards me. He always call me every 3 hours whenever we’re separated. What’s the point exactly? I know he’s cute by acting like that but.. isn’t it too much?

I was just cleaning everything up then suddenly my friend called me.

“Yookyung! Your husband is already waiting for you out there.”

“Husband? Haha he’s still my boyfriend duh!”

“But you two are already like a new groom. I’m jealous..” she pouted.

“Yeah. Jealous and find one after that”, I winked at her and went outside. He waited for me right on the gate of my college. I walked towards him then his arm surrounded me. He brushed my hair then kissed my forehead. I have to confess that he ALWAYS did this everyday. I’m kinda embarrassed when my friends teased me the next day. After that he opened the door of his car on another side and letting me sit. Then he went to the other side and got in.

“How’s your lecturer comment?”

“Ah, he said today’s result is better then yesterday.”
“That’s good then! I’m proud of you!”

“Ouch! No need to pinch my cheek oppa!”

“Haha mianhae. You’re so cute when you’re like that.” He ruffled my hair.

“Oppa watch out when you’re driving!”

“Arasseo!” he chuckled.

We arrived at the place where we usually met. A place that is very cozy. Sometimes he brings his friends with him. And that day, he did bring his friends.

“Daehyun! Here!” someone waved at us. He interlaced his hand with mine and guide me to sit there.

“Hey who’s that girl?” his friends .

“Back off! She’s my girl, Yookyung. Yookyung, they are my childhood friends Himchan and Youngjae,” there we introduced ourselves.

“But..erm..is it only me? She really looks like Hyejung...” after saying that everyone suddenly became quiet. Himchan who’s beside him just stared at him and smacked him. They seemed like hiding something from me, while Daehyun only caressed my cheek and said, “don’t take it to your mind, okay?” I can’t help but only resting my head on his shoulder, even though deep inside my mind I can’t erase that name.

 

~***~

 

Finally the test ended. It was quite hard but I managed to answer all of them nicely. I remember it was our monthsary but why he hasn’t called me yet until now. I decided to walk home by myself when unexpectedly I saw his car near the gate. He was sleeping inside his car. He seemed very cute. I went closer to him and kissed his cheek, but he still deep inside his sleep. I by whispering near his ear, “Hey lazy oppa~ How’s your sleep?” Suddenly he smiled slightly and said, “ne...Hyejung..five more minutes..”

Hyejung.

Again?

Who is she?

Is she close to him?

Why he never told me?

All those thinking overwhelmed my mind. My body moved by its own, leaving him alone. But suddenly my phone rang that makes him woke up. I increased my pace.

 


 

I heard a phone ringing and I remembered that’s Yookyung’s ringtone. Quickly I woke up and saw her walking away from me. I had a bad feeling and try to chase her but she kept increasing her pace. I caught her and hugged her.

“What’s the matter exactly Yookyung? Did I do something wrong?”

“Let me go oppa!” she struggled on my embrace.

“Hey hey, what happened?”

Aniyo oppa. Can you just let me go now?”

“No I won’t.”

I covered her eyes and gave her a box wrapped with a ribbon. When she opened it, there’s a necklace inside with star-shaped pendant. I saw her face getting brighter.

“Whatever that matter you a while ago, I want to apologize. I’m sorry.. Happy monthsary” I whispered it near her ears that I could see her ears became red.


 

It has been two days and I haven’t receive any message yet. This is strange. Is he feeling not well? Something happened to him? Hhh I’m very worried now. May be I should go to his apartment.


I got into his apartment easily since I had his key with me. For the first time, I experienced such quiet yet liveless place. I walked over to his room and found him sitting next to his bed while looking down frantically. I can’t tell he was crying but I could feel the sorrowful feeling burst out from him. I went closer to him and trying to see his face when suddenly he hugged me tightly. It was a bit painful somehow. I was about to rub his back when a name came out from his mouth. Hyejung.

I spontaneously pushed him away. My eyes blurred with my tears which was about to overflow. Despite my blurry sight, I still could see his shocked face when he managed to find out it was me.

“Yoo..kyung..? I..I’m sorry.. May be I was..”

“ENOUGH!” I exclaimed and ran away. He grabbed my hand but I slapped him hardly and he let my hand off. I ran out from his house, leaving him.

 


 

She slapped my face really hard, but it’s nothing actually. I let her go to make her think, she can’t do it without me. Never.

I shouldn’t being gloomy like this. Hey, past is past and present is present. I shouldn’t thinking about her this far. I know. Today is the day.. the day she left me alone for the rest of my life. But I know..she knew.. She knew she would leave me some day. I guess that’s why he slapped my face that day. Hahaha. Even their personality are similar?

I shouldn’t be like this. I should apologize to her. I grabbed my phone and called her house. But then I found out she hasn’t went home yet. I said thanks to her mother and tried to call her cell phone.

 

Once.. No answer.

 

Twice.. Nope. Not yet.

 

Three times.. *beep* Oh, she answered it.

huh..huh.. HELP! HELP ME! OPPAA!

...*beep*

 

Okay. This is not funny.

 


 

The sky was quite dark as I ran to the downtown. I was out of breath so I rested a bit on a small alley. Unfortunately, a gang of creepy guy came closer to me. I have to run away but I was too exhausted. Stupidly, I ended up creeping through the alley. They’re getting closer and closer. Suddenly my phone rang. I can’t answered it but then ran as fast as I could. The phone stopped ringing but then began to ring again. I saw it’s from Daehyun and I decided to pick it up.

huh..huh..HELP! HELP ME! OPPAA!

..*beep*

My phone fell down. They already caught me. I tried to fight back but it’s useless. Fortunately, a guy helped me out from those guy. My eyes still blurry so I couldn’t see him. I fell down as my leg weakened. He caught my arm and dragged me to the nearest place to rest a bit. As we reached the place, I guess I fainted.

“Yookyung-ssi.. Are you okay?” I opened my eyes and saw him sitting next to me. I know him. He’s one of Daehyun’s friends, Himchan. May be he could see my shocked face therefore he comforted me.

“It’s alright now. Here, drink it! You’ll feel better after drinking this.” I sipped on a cup of hot chocolate that offered to me. It calmed me down swiftly.

“What’s wrong Yookyung-ssi? You seems to be caught into a lot of troubles.”
“Oh yeah. Those guy are really scary. I..”

“No. Not that! Another problem you faced before. I saw you running when those creep attacked you.” He cut me off. Well, he’s a nice stalker I guess.

I couldn’t help but my tears were falling down once again. He got me some tissues and looked at me in enthusiasm as if he forced me to spit all of them out. I told him everything that matters me a lot.

“And so.. I want to ask you. Who is Hyejung exactly?”

“May be you should know about this..” he sighed.

“Long before he met you, there was a girl who always been near him. It’s Hyejung. She's obviously in love with him. That time, Daehyun was very ignorant. Thus he always acts cool and even ignores her. But I don’t  know how, she managed to melt his heart until he became deeply in love with her. Unfortunately, she died on an accident..” he stopped and I could see he secretly wiped his tears.

“And I might say, she really looks like you..”

I know it.

Yes.

 He loves her.

Her.

Not me.

I looked blankly on the floor while Himchan seemed to be worried about me. He then asked me to drive me home because it’s already dark outside.

 


 

I called her. Call her over and over again but there’s no answer. I guess she’s serious huh? Those mind when the accident happened hauting me again. I don’t want to loose someone I love again. Never. I searched along the city but still no presence of her. God please, let her be safe.

In the end I decided to go to her house. Far from her house, I saw her get out from a familiar car. She seemed to be alright. So what was that call before? I found out that’s Himchan’s car. She went to the gate and waving to him. After the car out from my sight, she was going into her house when I harshly stopped her. I hugged her and she struggled from me but I kept hugging her from her back.

“Oppa..let..me..go!”

“No. I’ll let you go if you answer my question first.”

“I don’t have time to answer your question so let me go!”

“Look at me! Look at my eyes!” She slightly looked at my eyes and finally stoppped struggling and stunned. Her tears were starting to fill her eyes.

“You don’t love me, do you?” that words finally out from .

“Why would you ask that? I do love you.”

“No you don’t. You love her.”

“If you love me, you must know the answer of this question right?”

“I don’t love you. No more.”

“No. You do. And I know you can only fall in love with me.” Her face flushed in red.

“Stop it! I hate you! I don’t want to see you again!”

She managed to get off from my embrace and ran. Too bad, I still could stop her. I kissed her softly on her lips. She stopped for a while but then she pushed me and ran again and now she escaped into her house.

Yookyung, I know you still love me right?


 

I ran straight to my room. I even ignored my mom who’s worrying me. I dropped my body on my bed. I can’t help it. I cried out loud. I know, he really loves her. He loves me just because I look like her right? He only obsessed with this Hyejung, not Yookyung.

I fell asleep for a while and snapped again, waking up with dizzy feeling. Suddenly I remembered those actions he did the last time. I touched my lips and felt how much I want him to be with me by my side right now. How he always taking care of me. How he holds me..wait. No way. I don’t love him. Not anymore. He didn’t love me, remember that? I slapped my face.

That’s right.

I don’t love him.

Not anymore.

I turned the lights off and went to sleep again.


 

Even though I acted cool this time, I still can’t forget what she has said. I haven’t apologized to her yet. But how come she knew about Hyejung?

Himchan.

Right, she was with him right.

I waited under the street lamp in front of her house, waiting her until she fell asleep. I could see that beautiful vigor from the window. After the light turns off, I went straight to Himchan’s house. When I was steps away from his house, I stopped. Ah forgot about it! She deserved to know about everything. Now the most important thing is, to convinced her that I love her. Right, I’ll take care of her more start from now.

 

~***~

 

The sun was high on the sky. I bet her lesson will be finished soon. As I expected, she went out from her campus. I quickly got out from my car and fetched her. She felt annoyed but I didn’t care at all. I grabbed her hands and dragged her into the car. Even though she kept yelling at me but she still got into my car. But then, the atmosphere went awkward. She even didn’t speak a word from . When we arrived at her house, she only got out from my car without saying anything and went into her house. This is hard. I’ll do my best again tomorrow.

 


 

This guy. He always being around me ever since that day. What’s wrong with him? It’s very annoying to be “stalked” wherever you are. I tried to find a part time job so I won’t met him after the lecturer finished. I succeeded. But he kept calling me. It’s about ten times or more may be. When my anger reached its border, I finally picked up the phone.

The hell are you doing?! How many times would you call me huh?

Yookyung.. don’t you remember?”his voice was shaking. I gulped a bit from hearing that.

What?” I answered him coldly.

I won’t tell you if you don’t want to see me.

Well, keep it for yourself then”, I hung up the phone. Actually deep in my heart, I wondered what was he going to say that time. I looked on my phone I could see an event on the calendar. It said..

‘1000 days

Seeing this my heart torn.

Why I loved someone like him?

How could I spend those time with him for this long?

If just he really loves me because of me myself.

 

My shift for that day has ended. I went home walking because the place where I work is quite near from my house. The street was very dark and only brighten up by the street lamp. On one of the street lamp, there’s someone sitting under it, watching every move I made. When I went closer to that person, I realized it was Daehyun and I turned my face.

 


 

Finally she passed the road. I’ve been waiting for her here since she usually passes this road. As soon as she getting closer to me, she speed up. I caught her and saw her angry face. This is it, the war between our minds. We didn’t talk but our minds are arguing to each other until she let out her voice.

“Have you gone crazy? Why are you being like this? Please.. just leave me alone now!”

“No. I told you I won’t. I love you Yookyung. Why won’t you believe me?”

“No you don’t Daehyun-ssi. It’s not love.”

“How could you don’t know my heart? You know it right?”

“No.. Now, please disappear from my sight.”

I lost my words. She’s really mad at me. I kept staring her vigor walking away from me. I took out the present I’ve prepared for her. I should give it to her tomorrow.

 


 

I walked away from him. I can’t help it but those beads fell down along my cheeks. I don’t understand his heart. Is he serious or not? Every time I saw him my heart kept suffering. I can’t stand it anymore. I don’t want to see him again.

Finally I arrived at my house. My mom looking at me with worried face. She hugged me and there I cried out loud. She hugged me even tighter and tried to calm me down. Then she whispered to my ears.

‘I don’t know what’s your problem. I just don’t want to see you suffering like this. Do you want to go along with me to live with your father?’

That’s right. Move from here. Therefore I won’t meet him again. I nodded to my mom and her face seemed brighter. I know she really missed father since we couldn’t contact him in America. Yes, America. I guess she already prepared all of this before because she already had the ticket for tomorrow. I’ll be away from this suffocating place soon.

 


 

I saw her, walking out from her house with a lot of belongings. I immediately reached her mother and asked. This isn’t right. America?

I tried to hug her but she pushed me away. She said good bye at me with a cold face and quickly got into the car. The car started moving as I ran to catch them.

I shouldn’t have spit out the name. I shouldn’t be this egoist. Knowing her will be disappeared from my sight really hurts me. Why would I fallen for the girl like this? Why is she so lovable? How my life be without her!

My mind got messed. I don’t know what to do anymore. I only doing such stupid things to stop her.

“Yookyung! You can’t be like this. You won’t leave me right?”

“I’m sorry Daehyun-ssi. I’ve decided it."

 

NO

 

"We're no longer together"

 

NO

 

"Good bye.."

 

 

 

This time she didn’t cry. She really had erased me from her life?

I lost my breath and I threw the gift to her. I slowly stopped and tried to catch my breath. I screamed out as a part of my life disappeared once again. I love you, Yookyung. And you can only fall for me right? You can't leave me like this!

As I'm loosing my mind, I went back to my apartment. Along the road I kept thinking of her. I hope she keep that gift until the day we met again. 

Will we meet again?

Yeah, I hope.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One year. It has been one year, hasn’t it? I walked through this street again. I still remember that night, on our 1000 days, wasn’t it? I guess now he has another girl with her. He’s quite popular though.

I looked up then I saw the blinding sun. I prevent the shine from blinding my eyes by covering them with one of my hand. But then something shiny caught my eyes. I forgot, I still wearing this ring after all? The ring that he gave at the day I left him. Huh.. I should have move on.

Déjà vu. I’ve seen this scene before. The difference is, it was dark before. Someone sat under the street lamp. That person really caught my eyes.

This can’t be.

He sat over there, looking at  me.

Our eyes met.

I felt like something crawling up inside me.

Wasn’t our story done already?

 

THE END