Childhood Friend

I'm Sickly in Love With You

Summer. It's usually quiet and peaceful but this time it's an irritating one.

 

You're flipping the eggs in the kitchen and looked at the clock. Ten seconds until 10am. You started the count down. ...4, 3, 2, 1.

 

*doorbell rings*

 

It's Daehyun again. He's been visiting you everyday since summer started. At first, he always bring snacks until he found you cooking. Now, you would always cook for him. You thought his presence isn't bad at all. He's just too talkative for you.

 

"Hello~" He casually greeted as you opened the door. You let him in and went back to the kitchen.

 

"What're we eating today?" He asked following you. You pointed at the couch to make him stay there. "Okay~"

 

---

 

After you finished cooking, you went to the living room to serve the food but Daehyun wasn't there anymore.

 

Where is he?!

 

He didn't walked behind you to go to the bathroom and his shoes are still at the door. Where did he ran off?

 

You dashed to your room and slammed the door open. You found him sitting on your bed with a teddy bear in his hand. It was your favorite plushie given by your childhood friend.

 

"Let go of that!" You snapped. He was a bit startled but smiled at you. "I wasn't wrong."

 

You didn't care what he said and grabbed the teddy bear. You pointed at the door.

 

"~~~~~~-ssi. Don't you remember me?" He pointed at himself. You raised a brow. "Jung Daehyun! Daehyun~ Remember me?" He emphasized his name. You have no idea what he's trying to say.

 

"I'm the kid who used to live next door..." You looked at him for a while.

 

Images flashed through your head.

 

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!"  Echoed in your ear.

 

A gap formed in your mouth.

 

You tried to calm yourself. "Get out." You firmly commanded. "~~~~~~-ssi, waeyo?" "Out!" You said louder. "But-"

 

Tears suddenly fell on your cheeks. "Wae? Wae? Wae? Don't cry~" He ran to you. "I-t's your f-fault!!! It's your fault I-I'm like this..." You said with fragile voice.

 

He lowered his head to catch your eyes. "~~~~~~-ssi, I came back for you." He gently whispered. You tightened your grip on the teddy bear. "I don't need you to come back. GET OUT!!!" Your voice broke his drums. He obeyed and walked slowly to the door. "I'm sorry."

 

---