Summer Love

Summer Love

(author's note) :

the violet italized words are flashbacks okie? so don't get confused fellas....

so on with the story...

ENJOY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Isuel's pov
 
woah! it's already been a year since we last came to this resort, And every memories are flashing like videos in my head. Reminiscing our past experience in this resort sure does made me happy. Thanks to my bestfriend's boyfriend we're here once again, and what's even funnier is we have the same rooms as we had last year since seohyun asked him for it. i keep giggling as i remember everything.... well not until..
 
"yah! what are you giggling about?" seohyun my bestfriend nudged me and have this 'what-the-heck' expression on.  After she said that, flashbacks came rushing in and yet again made me giggle a lot more, since she said the exact same thing when i was spacing out the first time we arrived at this resort. i looked at her and she had this 'what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you' expression.
 
"yah! what are you giggling about?" seohyun my bestfriend nudged me and have this 'what-the-heck' expression on

"it's summer! duh! don't tell me you're not excited and all?!" i said looking and sounding  shock.

"well~ i am" she said and blushed.

"aigoooo~ you're way too cute seohyun~ah" i said and pinched her cheeks.

"yah! i'm older than you! so don't go pin-" she nagged but i cut her off by a pinch yet again.

"ara! ara! so don't go lecturing me about you're older than me by a day" i said and rolled my eyes at her. 

"i just wanted to make sure you don't forget that fact!" she said and head-locked me.
 
i laughed but was soon smacked by my confused and worried bestfriend.
"yah! seroiusly! what's wrong with you today?" she said worried.
"nothing just memories of us here keeps on flashing my mind" i said and smiled at her, she returned it with a smirk though.
"us? well i think you're basically remembering your moments with HIM more..am i right?" she said and smirked at me.
"i'm not! well a... little?" i said while a familiar blush creeping up my cheeks. she then squealed in joy.
"i knew it! duh!" she rolled her eyes at me. and teased me again.
"but hey! have you two been contacting each other?" she asked again.
"since we know each other's numbers...we've been texting from time to time." i said and shrugged. we were chatting about my 'progress' with the guy she hooked me up last year and she was giggling all throughout our conversation.
 
~oh,oh,oh,oh, opareul saranghae~
 
"yah! your phone's ringing" i told the still excited seohyun.
"oh yea right!" she said and answered her phone. she doesn't even need to look at the user i.d since she knew who called basing from her ring tone.
"oppa? wae you call?" she said to the person on the line. i looked at her talking to her boyfriend lovingly then she ended the call with an 'oppa saranghae' which made me curl my finger and toes.
"what's with your hands and your toes?" she said not knowing a thing to what i'm doing.
"you're soooooo cheeezy! y'know? 'oppa saranghae'" i said and mimicked her.
"you seem to really change seohyun~ah, but not in a bad way" i smiled at her.
"i, too, know i've changed. ever since oppa came to my life seems like i've realized a lo of things" she sighed and smiled. the sigh of contentment. 
 
well seohyun used to be a guy hater, the nerd of the school. but guess what? it all changed because of her boyfriend now..gaaaaaah! she's soooo lucky. they've been through many obstacles, but still their love prevailed till the end. they've been dating for 4 years now.
 
"yah! stop spacing out, and get dressed" she said and shooed me to my closet. 
"i'm already dressed, do i have to wear those summer dresses that you're wearing? i think i'll pass" i told her and went back to lying on my bed.
"alright then, let's go" she said and drag me out of our room.
 
i'm wearing my faded denim shorts paired with my hanging tee (it exposed my belly a little, well you can basically see my belly button pierce) then i wore my flipflops.
seohyun is wearing a feminine girl would wear, y'know those long summer dress? kkk~ she looks pretty in those.
 
I smiled at the sight i'm seeing. seohyun nudged me and smiled.
 
"we ate here before too!" i excitedly told her. she agreed with a smile.
"seohyun~ah!" seohyun's boyfriend dashed towards us and hugged seohyun. they let go of each other only after a peck on each other's  lips.
 
"ewwwwww! get a room" i said but as i said this, a very familiar guy's voice also said it, so we basically said in on the same time. i caught a glimpse of the owner of that familiar voice and i was not mistaken it was really him. we stared into each other's eyes but unlike before we aren't awkward this time. he wasn't as shy as he was back then when we first met. he was the guy seohyun and yonghwa oppa(seohyun's boyfriend) set me up with last year on this exact restaurant. i was lost in his eyes again, and unconsciously flashbacks of our frist meeting appeared like photographs in my head. i smiled as i remembered those, he seems like he doesn't want to break our eye contact so i just stared at him, smilling. he was smilling too. wonder what he's thinking.
 
end of iseul's pov
 
 
jonghyun's pov
 
"ewwwwww! get a room" i said but i also noticed a girls voice saying the same exact line i told yonghwa hyung and his girlfriend. they're way too mushy, i get goose bumps every now and then because of them. i knew that voice, the voice i would want to hear over and over again. like the frist time we met each other, we begin our staring match but this time not like the one we did when we first met each other which was soooo awkward by the way. this is different she's smilling, so i also smiled at her. i didn't want to break our eye contact so i keep staring at her. she did became pretty over the year that we haven't seen each other. then the memories of our first inroduction to each other flashed back in my mind. i keep smilling  at the awkwardness that time.
 
"neh! annyeonghaseyo. i'm lee jonghyun, 22 years old..nice to meet you!" i said standing up. i then bowed at her. i'm soooo nervous but i have to properly introduce myself like how a man should do.

"nice to meet you too, i'm kim iseul, 21 years old!" she said and smiled at me. we then shook our hands and sat back down. 
 
 i would want to stare at her for as long as i wanted to but yonghwa hyung being the choding that he is decided to tease us...
 
"yah! i heard form seohyun that you've been texting each other?" he said playfully.
 
"you're making progress huh?" seohyun butted in. *sigh* they do love teasing us. i look up at iseul's direction. she just smiled at me sheepishly, seems like she told seohyun about it. but i also told yonghwa hyung about it, so i guess it's just fine. we blushed even more when they chanted..
 
"date each other...date each other...date each other!" the yongseo couple teased us.
 
"yah!" me and iseul said at the same time. we looked at each other again then laughed. 
even our seating arrangements are the same as it was before. seohyun and yonghwa hyung sat next to each to each other, that makes it me and iseul sat together. yonghwa hyung sat across me while seohyun sat across iseul. i could still remember the smirk hyung showed me when iseul started to introduce herself....
 
 
 i look at yonghwa hyung's direction and i saw him smirk at me. what is this guy up to?!

it seems like they're hooking us up...*sigh*

"is something up jonghyun~ah?" yonghwa hyung mouthed at me, he's sitting across me.

"nope, but what exactly are you intending to do hyung?" i mouthed back, but he just smiled his goofy smile.

i just hope he's not planning anything weird..

while yonghwa hyung and his girlfriend are chatting lovingly, here i am sitting with this girl who won't even talk. it's so awkward!

"mmm.." we looked at each other at the same time, seems like she's going to ask me something.

"you go first.." we said it at the same time again..

"ladies first" i said, but she shook her head..

"men should lead the way.." she said and smiled at me..

"hmm...are you still studying?" i asked her.

"nope, i'm working with seohyun" she said

"so you're also a designer?" i inquired

"nope, i'm in charge of taking pictures of seohyun's designs" she answered, she seems like a jolly person eventhough she's shy right now.

"you? what's your work?" she asked looking at me in the eyes. honestly i can't look people in the eyes if i just met hem, but with her i can freely look at her in the eyes.

"i work with yonghwa hyung, hyung is in charge of those vocal trainings, while i give guitar lessons" i said smilling at her. i saw her nod and smile at me. tell you honestly, her smile is really breath taking.
 
i smiled again remembering that scene, iseul looked at me with 'what-are-you-smilling-about' look, but i just shook my head. now that the food's here we started eating, but i heard isuel giggle so i asked her..
"what are you giggling about?" i asked her. but she just pointed her fore finger to the couple seating accross us. remembering another memory i began chuckling with her. ( A/N: the one iseul remembered is the part she had that disgusted look on her face and since this is jonghyun's thoughts so i added what he thought of that time)
 
yonghwa hyung and seohyun are feeding each other, and iseul is looking at them like 'ewwww get a room' expression, i laughed since she looks so cute. she must've heard me since she nudge me..

"what are you laughing at?" she asked and her big round eyes seems to sparkle with interest..

"nothing in particular" i lied..how can i even tell her that i laughed because she's cute when we just met today...
 
it's been a year, since i've seen this girl..we've been both really busy and as much as i wanted to meet with her, wouldn't it be weird? it's true that we're sending each other text messages every now and then this past year but we didn't really call each other. i'm way too shy to do that, plus she's a busy person i can't possibly just call and say 'i called because i want to hear your voice' that would've been so mushy, just thinking about it gives me goose bumps.
 
last year when we came here we've always been around yonghwa hyung and seohyun but this time i should really make my move...i've sorted my feelings for her..and i've decided to confess today. even though this is not my first confession to a girl, but still she'd be the first girl that  i'd confess that's younger than me. my ideal woman is a girl older than me, but everything changed since iseul came. she may be really goofy, childish, jolly, but she have this mature side of her, a side i fell in love at first, but as i spent my one month vacation with her here last year, i learned to love every side of her, that made it difficult to choose what side did i like a lot... (A/N: i just had the need to color this part since this is the one i had put in the description box..kkk~)
afternoon came and yonghwa hyung and me is already in our rooms, resting.
 
"jonghyun~ah" i was thinking as to how to confess to her but i heard yonghwa hyung called me so i snapped back to reality..
"neh? are you saying anything hyung?" i asked him.
"nope, but hey if you wanted to confess so badly, then just go confess to her" yonghwa hyung said lying on his bed with his arms on the back of his head.
"neh?!" i was taken a back, by what he just said.,
"you like her, she likes you. what's with the slow progress? are you hesitating since she's younger  than you?" he said now facing me. he looks really serious.
"hyung, did you remember the question i asked you, why you choose seohyun?" i asked him now facing him, he looked lost thinking facing the ceiling but later on smiled at me.
"yep. 'hyung, she's totally out of your league, so why her?'" he said as he mimicked me. which caused us to laugh.
"what about it?" he asked.
"i think i know why" i told him now also lying on my back facing the ceiling.
"why?" he pursuaded me to continue.
"since you simply like her and her uniqeness." i said looking at yonghwa hyung with a smile he also smiled at me.
"and you just realized that now? aigoooo..every girl has their own charms jonghyun~ah, and ideals are ideals, it wouldn't be fun if you're going to end up being together with your ideals right? just like your past realtionships before" he said, and i did realize it was true.
 
so i decided to confess to her today, this evening i hope she's going to come. yonghwa hyung decided to help and so did seohyun, they're all out in supporting me.. so i'm really grateful to them.
it was the time, the time i'm suppose to meet iseul by the beach. i figured that she didn't really like any extravagant event, so i just simply sat there at the sand waiting for her. 5 minutes later she did came.
"oppa, where's seohyunnie and yonghwa oppa?" she said smilling down at me. i'm really nervous. will i be turned down or accepted..it's now or never..LEE JONGHYUN HWAITING! i cheered for myself.
 
end of jonghyun's pov
 
 
iseul's pov
 
when i came out of the bathroom i overheard seohyun talking to yonghwa oppa i didn't mean to eavesdrop but she's way too loud i can hear it. i can't hear what yonghwa oppa was talking but i figured it all out because of seohyun repeating yonghwa oppa's words.
 
"WHAT? JONGHYUN's CONFESSING TO ISEUL?! TODAY?!" seohyun practically shouted over the phone. tell you honestly im really happy hearing that! i mean i liked him ever since i first saw him. there were even times that i wanted to call, but i figured he might not like clingy girls. plus i knew she likes older women so i gave it up even though it kinda hurted me. i always  wait for his texts. and i would always be careful as to what i'm going to reply, but i figure it's of  no use since he won't like someone as childish as me.  (A/N: i think i'm liking this line a lot..kkkk~) my ex-boyfriend broke-up with me because of my childish acts, he said i don't act my age. and that he likes older women more than younger ones. he basically went out with me because of a bet, i fell in love with him, and when i did that's when he left me. i just hope jonghyun oppa would not be like that.
i came at the beach and i saw jonghyun oppa seating there so i acted dumb and asked him..
 
"oppa, where's seohyunnie and yonghwa oppa?" i said and smiled at him, trying not to be nervous. i can see him fidgeting, he's so cute!
"iseul-sshi" jonghyun oppa started. and i coud feel my pulse accelerating.
"neh?" i turned to him only to find him kneeling. i was shocked, i didn't even notice it, but  he's holding flowers, my favorite flowers,violet tulips. seohyunnie might've told him my favorite flowers.
"i know it's too soon, but, KIM ISEUL, WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?" he said i knew he was nervous, i knew this was coming because i overheard seohyun, but guess that my heart never learns how to relax at times like these..but before i could answer him he talked again.
"honestly, don't ask me what i like about you" he said still kneeling. i was puzzled at first, but figured that he's not certain what he likes about me. don't get me wrong, i liked it when guys say that they don't have anything they specifically like about me. why you ask? i don't even know it myself, but one thing's for sure my heart did alot of unecessary flips when he said that single phrase. we stared at each other's eyes again, but before i get lost at those eyes i answered him...
"why did you think i'll ask you that?" i said smilling at him.
"well most girls do ask that" he shrugged and scratch the back of his neck.
"hmmm, really?" i said as i cross my arms near my chest, and raised my left brow at him. he seems to panick, as he's starting to wave his hands in the air indicating i misunderstood what he said. he might've thought that i would turn him down because of what he know about girls.
"it's nothing like that! really! i only have 3 girls in my life..ah! no! i've only dated 3 girls in my entire life! i swear! i'm not a player.!" he said defending himself, he looks cute though.
i couldn't contain it anymore so i laughed at him...he seems confused so he pouted..
"aigooo...you're so cute oppa!" i said and pinch his cheeks.
"so is that a yes?" he asked me once again, i made him stand up since it might've hurt kneeling like that, i took the flowers from him went on my tippy toes and whispered
"yes!" i pulled away, he must've been really happy since he picked me up and started twirling around with me in his arms. we stopped and looked at each other's eyes we were about to kiss when...
"CONGRATULATIONS!" yonghwa oppa and seohyun popped out of nowhere with those thing you pop when you have parties? i forgot the name. kkKK~
"great timing hyung" jonghyun oppa said sarcastically...
"i know right!" yonghwa oppa said with his thumbs up, seohyun got it though. and so we both laughed.
"aigooo, it took you both a year huh?" yonghwa oppa said smilling proudly, i don't know what he's proud though, maybe because i said yes to jonghyun oppa's confession? i don't kow.
"oh! aren't those your favorite flowers iseul~ah?" seohyunnie asked now noticing the flowers. i raised a brow at her..
"what?" she said confused as to why i'm raising a brow at her.
"stop playing innocent seohyunnie, i know you told jonghyun oppa my favorite flowers" i said smirking at her.
"i didn't!" she said defensively.
"those are your favorite flowers?" jonghyun oppa came near me and asked me as he pointed at the flowers.
"neh, i thought seohyun told you?" i said 
"i told you it wasn't me!" she said and stuck her tongue out at me. she then grab yonghwa oppa's hand and drag him somewhere. so now it's only the both of us.
"i was walking by this morning and thought i'd give you flowers, i saw those tulips, there were other colors too, but i was more attracted to those, and i'm glad i actually picked your favorite flowers"jonhyun oppa told me.
"thanks!" i said and as i said those words he peck me in the lips it startled me at first, but he went nearer again. he closed the distance between us and there we shared our first kiss as a couple at this beach.
 
 
who would've thought i would fall for a younger girl? i used to detest them thinking 'they'll make me their playground and when they're done and exhausted they would just leave and find another better place to play' but i guess it only needs one SPECIAL GIRL to change it all....


This summer is sure the best damn season i've ever had!


end of jonghyun's pov
 
                                                                               E   N   D
 
 
 
 
(Author's note) :
who're LEE JONGHYUN biases out there?
i'm a BURNING SOUL!
 
hope you guys liked it!
 
THANKS FOR READING!!!!