Prologue: The Deal

Second Chances [Back in Time] *Hv

 

 
Second Chances [Back in Time]
 
 
Prologue
 
 
Lee Donghae, age 22 was currently lying on his bed, staring at the non-moving ceiling. He was doing nothing, just lying around his bed and staring into the nothingness. He’s been like this for a few months now, ever since Eunhyuk –his fiancé- died on a car accident. A car accident he caused. He closed his eyes as memories from that night started to rush into his mind. He balled up his fists, it was his fault. Eunhyuk died because of him. He blamed himself for his lover’s dead. If only he did not insisted on going on a date that night then maybe Eunhyuk was still alive, then maybe Eunhyuk was still in here, then maybe he can still hold and see Eunhyuk. 
 
 
Donghae shifted into his bed as tears started to fall down on his pretty face. Just thinking of that night made him feel guilty and depressed. His beloved Eunhyuk died in front of him, his beloved Eunhyuk died in front of him and he couldn’t anything about it but to cry. He closed his tightly as more tears started to fall rushed down from under his eyes. ‘I love you, Hae’ he could still hear Eunhyuk’s last words before death came upon the latter. He could still remember everything that happened that day. If only he can travel back in time and change everything. Then he wouldn’t let Eunhyuk die. 
 
 
Eunhyuk, Donghae’s first love and more likely, his last. Because he admitted that he can never love again if it’s not Eunhyuk. He can never love any other person aside from Eunhyuk. He and Eunhyuk met when they were still on high school. They met in the most unlikely place, actually. They met in a detention class. Donghae’s got detention because of a reason he now couldn’t remember and from what he knew Eunhyuk got detention because he was late on one of his class. So after school, Donghae and Eunhyuk went to the detention room, turned out that they were the only two who had detention that afternoon. 
 
 
Since then, they became closed to each other, like best friends. Donghae could still remember how possessive he was towards Eunhyuk –even though he and the latter weren’t on a relationship yet.- Until feelings for each other started to grew on them. Then Donghae confessed his feelings for Eunhyuk and they both thought that it was a happy ending. 
But they were wrong. Fate was never on their side. Death cheated on their relationship.
 
 
A soft knock on the door snapped Donghae from his thoughts, the latter dragged himself out of the bed and he slowly walked towards the door. He opened the door and saw the worried face of his brother, Leeteuk.
 
 
Leeteuk eyed Donghae and sighed. It seemed that he doesn’t like what he saw. Why not? Donghae looked like a mess. It was terrible. It looked like Donghae didn’t even move around his room. His eyes looked tired, maybe because of too much crying and the fact that the latter stayed up late too much. His hair looked like a ball of mess and his clothes were all wrinkled. Not to mention that he smelled like he didn’t took a bath for a long time. 
 
 
Leeteuk shook his head and smiled sadly at Donghae. The latter frowned at him. Leeteuk just ignored Donghae and stepped into the room with the latter following him, his faced twisted in plain disgust when he saw how the room looked. And Donghae didn’t look any better than the room. There were so many things on the floor, the books were scattered all around the room and the bed looked like an elephant just gave birth there. It was that messy. 
 
 
Leeteuk just shook his head and turned around to face Donghae.
 
 
“Donghae, are you alright?” asked Leeteuk, concern was dripping on his voice. And of course, he knew how stupid his question was. He knew that his brother was not alright but what can he asked? It’s better than not asking anything at all.
 
 
Donghae snorted and rolled his eyes, “I’m alright, hyung. I’d never feel greater in all my life.” He said in a sarcastic tone. 
 
 
Leeteuk sighed, shaking his head, “Donghae-ah,” he started, “You need to move on. You need to snap out of this. You need to continue your life. Just because Eunhyuk lost his life doesn’t mean you should waste yours” he said in a calm tone.
 
 
“It’s my fault, hyung. He died because of me. Do you honestly think that I can move on?” asked Donghae, tears were already falling under his eyes. 
 
 
Leeteuk looked at Donghae with sympathy, “You can’t continue living like this. Do you think Eunhyuk will be happy if you waste your life over his death? Do you think he’ll like that? Eunhyuk loves you, Donghae. He wants the best for you. He’ll never like this,” he said, pointing out at Donghae.
 
 
“Don’t use Eunhyuk against me, hyung. I knew Hyuk more than anyone else. I love him.” He said, 
 
 
“But-“ Leeteuk tried again but Donghae cut him up, “No more buts, hyung. Please, just leave me alone. I need to be alone” he said
 
 
Leeteuk sighed, he knew he lose already. “Just think about this, Hae. We are here, I’m here for you. Don’t take this alone.”
 
He said as he walked out of the room. He’s a little bit afraid of what Donghae will do next. He’s afraid that the latter will end his own life because he wanted to be with Eunhyuk and when that happened, he doesn’t know what he will do. But he can’t do anything but to hope that Donghae will never think of something like that. 
 
 
‘Eunhyuk-ah, if you’re watching over us. Help me, help me please. I need your help’ Leeteuk thought to himself, closing his eyes.
 
 
 
=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.nana. =.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=
 
 
 
Someone, not human was watching from outside, she watched Leeteuk and Donghae talked and it greatly fascinated her. You see, she was not a human, she was a dark creature, and no she’s not a vampire nor a ghost or zombie, she’s more than that. She was a Death God, a creature who decided whether a human shall live another day or not. She can also bring the dead back to earth. 
 
 
The mysterious creature stood up, black wings suddenly took form in her back. Her lips twisted into an evil smirk as an idea formed into her mind, “Don’t worry, Leeteuk-shii. I’ll help you” 
 
 
 
 
=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.nana. =.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=
 
 
 
Donghae immediately closed the door and locked it as soon as his brother was gone. He shook his head and threw himself on the bed. He frowned when he felt the cold wind enter his room, he looked at the windows, and it was open. 
 
 
‘I closed this earlier, right?’ he asked himself as he stood up from his bed and walked towards the window and closed it. He turned around and as surprised to saw some girl -at the age of 16-, was sitting on the edge of his bed. 
 
 
“Who are you? And how did you come here?” he asked, he remembered he closed the door and locked it, so how the hell this girl enter his room? 
 
 
The girl smiled at him and stood up from the bed, she slowly walked towards Donghae, “My name is not your concern. And how I came here is no important matter. The question you should ask is why I am here.” She said
 
 
Donghae frowned, “You’re not human, are you?” he asked. He heard of those creatures, creatures that took form as human and mingle around in the human world, he believed in that. But what he couldn’t believe is that one creature was in front of him, talking to him.
 
 
“So rude. You’re so rude, Donghae-shii. It’s not good being so rude to someone who can help you.” Said the girl. 
Donghae snorted at what he heard, “Help me? How can you help me?” 
 
 
The girl smirked, “You’re the one who said Donghae. You said that I am not human. You’re right about that. I am a Death God, which means I can help you see Eunhyuk again.” 
 
 
Donghae stared at the girl, “You can help me see him again?”
 
 
The girl laughed, “No, Donghae. I can do more than that. I can bring him back.” She said, “I have a proposition for you, Donghae” 
 
 
It was tempting for Donghae, he knew he shouldn’t agree to hear that proposition but it was too tempting, he nodded, “I’m listening.”
 
 
The girl smirked before speaking, “I can take you back in time. Back in the very beginning, back when Eunhyuk was still alive. Yes, I can do that. You can change everything. You can cheat death. You can save Eunhyuk-shii.” She said.
 
 
Donghae listened, “What’s the catch?” 
 
 
He knew that it was impossible that a Death God will help him without something in return. 
 
 
The girl laughed, “I’ll have a deal with you, Donghae.” She started, “You will be back in time, back when you haven’t meet Eunhyuk yet. You just need to do one thing; you need to make him fall in love with you within 3 months. It’s a long period of time for me but since I am in a good mood right now, I’ll let you have much time. But don’t take it too easy, Donghae-shii. There are consequences if you fail.”
 
 
“What consequences?” 
 
 
The girl smirked, “I’ll take your life. Your soul will be mine which means you can go neither to hell nor to heaven.”
 
 
Donghae gulped at what he heard, but he had no choice. If he wanted to see Eunhyuk again he need to agree with this.
 
 
“So, deal?” the girl said, extending her hand in front of Donghae.
 
 
Donghae looked at the hand, and then at the girl, he whispered a low, “Deal” before accepting the extended hand.
 
 
“Ooops, I forgot to tell you, Donghae-shii. When you meet Eunhyuk, he’s already in love with someone else. Good luck on that.” 
 
 
Donghae’s eyes widened at what he heard, he was supposed to say something but a white, blinding light engulfed him before he do it so.
 
 
The girl smirked evilly, “Now, where’s my popcorn? This is going to be so entertaining”
 
 
 
 
=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.nana. =.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=
 
 
-To Be Continued-
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Uhhhmmm. Tell me what you think!!!!