The scars of this heart will heal one day

Before U Go [ONE SHOT]

 

listen to the song while you read! ^^~
 
--
 
You sat inside the restaurant staring into space while waiting for Yunho. 
*Where is he?!* you checked your phone for the umpteenth time. It’s been over 30 minutes.
 
“Hae Jung-ah!” you heard a familiar voice called.
 
“Sorry, I was busy with the case discussion. Did you wait long?” Yunho sheepishly smiled as he sat down. 
*Of course I did* you thought but shook your head with a smile. Dinner was soon served and Yunho gulped down his food like there was no tomorrow. 
 
“Slow down oppa, you’re going to get indigestion.” 
 
“I’m not going to worry about that, I need to get back to work as soon as we’re done.” Yunho held onto your hand and gave you an apologetic smile.
 
“I understand, don’t worry about it. So how’s your case going?” you pulled your hand away.
 
“No progression. This guy doesn’t leave any trademarks behind and it’s been 2 years already.” Yunho smoothed his face with a tired look. 
 
“So what is he doing really?” you questioned.
 
“It was reported that a guy escaped from an asylum a few years ago and he is still on the run. We don’t know if he’s any harm but there’s already been a few bad cases on him already. All we know is that he’s in his mid-20’s and taller than 5-feet tall-”, before Yunho could finish his phone went off. 
 
“Hello Constable Yunho here. I’ll be right there.” Yunho hung up.  He glanced your way but before he could explain and apologise, you already said it for him. “Go oppa. Duty calls.”
 
“Sorry Hae Jung-ah, I’ll make it up to you next time.” Yunho came over and pecked you on the cheeks, paid the waiter and darted off.
 
*That’s what you always say.* You sadly headed out and walked towards your home. Night was approaching and seeing happy couples everywhere made you lonely.
 
Yunho was a policeman and he becomes a workaholic whenever he’s got a case. He would usually be late on dates, leave in the middle of it if there’s something concerning about his investigations. Maybe that has what distanced the both of you.
 
You put your hands in your pockets and exhaled a big outbreath. *I don’t know how long I can put up with his anymore…*
Suddenly a hand grabbed your shoulder and you jumped in surprise.
 
“Oppa! You scared me!” you squealed and hit Changmin’s arm. Changmin softly smiled at you, “Need someone to accompany you home?”
 
You chuckled. “Sure. What are you doing here anyway? Didn’t you get a call regarding the case as well?”
“Nope, they only called Yunho hyung.” Changmin grinned. 
 
The two of you started walking towards your home and talked about each other’s day. 
You met Changmin along with Yunho a few years back and the three of you are now best friends. He was also in the police force but is more carefree and outgoing. 
 
“Thanks for walking me home oppa, I’m glad you’re always here with me. You always appear when I need someone, it’s like you’re a fairy godmother.” You smiled sweetly at him.
“Maybe I am.” Changmin grin and gave you a hug before leaving. “I can treat you way better.” He whispered.
 
“Hmm?” you looked at him when he pulled back. 
“Hmm?” he mocked you.
“Did you say something?” you tilted your head. 
“Nope! Bye! Remember to call me later.” Changmin ruffled your head and left. You waved back with a big smile.
 
--
 
Few weeks passed and your 3rd year anniversary with Yunho has approached. You weren’t expecting much since last year was forgotten and you only received phone call from an apologising Yunho. 
You sat at your dressing table and let out an exhausted sigh. You were not drained physically but emotionally. You were having negative thoughts towards your relationship with Yunho. 
 
*I don’t see a bright future for us right now if it keeps going like this, ottoke?* You rested your head on your arms. Despair and sadness was starting to drown you. 
Suddenly the doorbell to your apartment rang which stopped you from your deep thoughts.
 
“Good evening miss, there’s postage for you.” The postman handed you a bag along with a basket of your favourite flowers. You took them and thanked him.
Walking back inside to the living room, you curiously peeped inside the bag. You pulled out a wrapped package and a letter fell out. 
 
*Yunho oppa…?* you expectantly thought. Gently unwrapping the present, a beautiful long white dress flowed down to the ground. Your mouth agape in awe and you slowly picked up the letter.
Hope filled your chest as you began to unfold it.
 
                         To the person who I love most on the planet, my dearest and beautiful Hae Jung,
Will you take the honour and be my date for tonight? I hope you wear this dress that I have personally picked out for you. I am deeply sorry for my behaviour and actions for the last few weeks. I hope you understand. 
                 I’ll pick you up at 6pm tonight. I will be waiting until you come. I Love You.
- From your one and only, Jung Yunho.
 
A smile tugged onto your lips. *He remembered!* You cheerfully beamed.
 
Brr Brr Brr
Your phone went off. Thinking it was Yunho, you gleefully picked up.
 
“Someone seems to be in a good mood today.” The voice chuckled.
 
“You make it seem like I’m always moody or something Changmin oppa.”
 
Changmin chortled softly. “Any plans tonight?”
     “Yeah, Yunho oppa is surprisingly preparing something, thanks for asking.” You beamed.
“Okay, have fun and call me if anything happens.”
     “Arraso, see you later oppa.” *I know you will always be by my side if anything goes wrong* With the happy mood, you went to get ready.
 
It was nearly 6pm and you have managed to put on your dress which somewhat took forever. Your makeup and hair was elegantly simple and you were ready to go. 
 
With a smile of content you left the apartment to see Yunho waiting beside his luxurious car. He pushed himself off and helped you get inside. 
“Don’t ask anything baby and just relax.” He seductively winked.
 
*Okay…?* you pouted. After 10 minutes of driving the car pulled to a stop. Yunho quickly ran over and opened your door. He suddenly wrapped a blindfold around your eyes which made you froze in surprise. Remaining silent you held onto Yunho’s hand, depending on him as he led you away. 
You could hear the sound of water and the ground was soft but hard to walk on with heels. 
 
“Ready?” Yunho shouted with joy. “Surprise!” 
You slowly blinked as he removed the blind fold. You let out a big gasp as you covered your mouth. A deluxe white tent overlooking the sunset on the beach, with a special candlelit dinner just for you two was prepared.
 
 
“Oppa, did you do all of this?” you asked, touched.
“Who else would be so romantic?” Yunho slyly grinned.
 
You gave him a look and he chuckled while pinching your cheeks.
He pulled out the chair for you and went to sit across the table. Yunho poured some red wine into both of your classes and you both cheered.
 
“Happy 3 year anniversary Hae Jung ah. In these past few years, you have made me the happiest person on earth and I wouldn’t want it to be with someone else. I love you.” 
 
Your smile grew wider and you started to blush. “I love you too oppa.” You could feel his sincerity again.
The both of you ate dinner happily and started to reminisce about the great times. 
 
Swiftly Yunho clapped his hands and a lovely and romantic melody started to play in the background.
“Care for a dance?” Yunho came over to you and laid out his hand.
With a soft chuckle your slipped your hands in his. The both of you started to slowly dance whilst looking deeply into each other’s eyes. 
 
“I adore you so much…” Yunho whispered. He kissed your forehead and you closed your eyes to savour the sweet kiss. He then moved onto your nose, to your checks and down your neck. You felt good shivers down your spine.
 
Yunho then looked at your sweet cherry lips. He has been longing for them every single day and as he slowly leaned in, your heart started to drum against your chest.
*It’s been a while since we’ve kissed* You also closed your eyes slowly and hugged his waist. The bridge of your noses was touching and your lips were inches apart. You could feel his hot breath on you.
 
Brr. Brr. Brr.
*argh, why now?* Yunho frustratingly thought. He pulled away and looked at his phone and back to you.
You pursed your lips together and softly asked, “Can you not pick it up tonight?” 
 
Yunho contemplated for a bit and decided not to take the call. But the phone went off continuously that he irritatingly picked up.
 
“What? Ok, I’ll be on my way.” Yunho calmly hung up and fixed his gaze at you. “It’s urgent. The home of the instigator has just been discovered and I- “
You turned around and faced your back to him as your shoulders slumped in disappointment. 
 
“Hae Jung ah, I’m sorry baby girl. I promise I’ll make up for it.” Yunho grabbed your hand and spun you around as he looked at you with tender eyes, hoping you to understand like every other time.
 
You avoided his gaze and yanked your hand away. Yunho was taken aback by your action. 
 
“I don’t want to wait for you to make up for it. The thing I want you to do now is stay here with me…” you stated, trying to stop your tears.
 
“It’s my job Hae Jung ah. Making me stay is no different to you being selfish- “
 
“You think I’m being selfish? Why don’t you look back at yourself? ” You snapped at him. Unstoppable tears were now falling. You put your hand over your forehead and let out a big exhale.
 
“Hae Jung ah…” Yunho stepped towards you. “Can we not go through this right now? I promise I’ll be back.”
 
“And if you don’t? You should think about it before you say the word promise. They aren’t made to be broken but seems like it doesn’t apply to you. You’re right oppa. We don’t have to go through this, more like we shouldn’t do this anymore.”
*You don’t even care about my feelings right now*
 
Yunho pinched his eyebrows together. “What do you mean?”
 
*This will be endless if we argue now* “Forget it. Just go.” You bluntly said. Yunho let out a sigh, came over and cupped your face. He wiped your tears away with his thumb and pecked you on the lips.
“I’m sorry baby girl. Please understand. We’ll work this out when I come back.”
 
With that he left you standing there and speedily left. The time for you to break down arrived. You sat back on the seat as hot tears streamed down your cheeks. You clutched onto your chest as your heart ached. *I don’t want to feel like this anymore*
*I know I'm being egotisical but why can't you try to understand my feelings* You buried your face into your hands trying to muffle your cries.
 
Unexpectedly a pair of arms wrapped around you from behind.
 
You turned around and your eyes rounded. “Oppa…” your bottom lips trembled as you ran to him. 
 
“Shh, it’s going to be ok. I’m here for you. Just let it all out” Changmin gently the back of your head as he tightly embraced you. You leaned on him as you cried to your heart’s content. Even after crying, you remained still in his comforting arms.
 
Changmin pulled back and wiped away your remaining tears. “Feeling better?” he gave you his signature smile. You quietly nodded with a couple of sniffles and looked at him.
 
“Aigoo, you big cry baby.” He hugged you again and you slightly smiled with a pout.
 
“How did you know I was here oppa? More like what are you doing here?”
 
Changmin hesitated and pinched your cheeks. “I just have the feeling.” 
 
You stood there thinking. *Is it really always a coincidence?* “Oppa, are you a stalker?”
Changmin stopped smiling and halted, his expression darkened. He didn’t dare to breathe. 
 
Just then you burst into small giggles. “I’m joking! You should have seen your face!”
 But Changmin wasn’t laughing. “What if I am one?”
You stopped giggling. “Huh?”
 
“What if I am stalking you? What if I told you I was the criminal Yunho is looking for?” Changmin arched an eyebrow.
 
You held onto your breathe and slightly furrowed your eyebrows. “And why would you be that person? Aren’t you working with him?” You asked confused more than ever. “Don’t joke around, you’re bad at it oppa.”
 
Changmin smirked and his eyes turned cold and mysterious. “You’re too naïve and ignorant Hae Jung ah. What makes you think that I’m not the one on the run?”
 
“Because…I just feel it. You’re perfectly fine…right oppa?” You waited for Changmin to see if he was joking around but his expression was full of seriousness and cryptic, something you have never seen.
 
You gently placed your hand on his cheek and his eyes slightly grew tender. “Why are you acting like this?” you whispered.
 
Changmin then grabbed a hold of your hand and squeezed it. “You want to know why? It is because Yunho he stole the one I loved…and that person is…you.”
He looked straight into your eyes which made you slightly shudder. 
 
“I don’t understand…” you shook your head. Right at that moment Changmin grabbed you and crashed his lips against yours. He kissed you deeply. Your eyes enlarged as you pushed him away and slapped him hard across the face. Changmin chortled and touched his red cheek.
"Does that explain it?"
--
Over by Yunho's side, he has just broken into the convict’s house. “Search this entire place!” he hollered as he held tightly onto his gun defensively.
“Chief!” one of the teammates called out to Yunho. “I think you should check this out.”
 
“What’s up?” Yunho inquiringly walked into the bedroom and shocked overwhelm him as soon as he entered. The room was filled with endless photos of you. It was like paparazzi photos but the atmosphere seemd more serious than that. It was like you were being followed and was their obsession. Hearts were drawn around every single picture with the word ‘MINE’ written all over it.
Yunho walked up to a photo by the bed. He recognised it straight away; it was the photo with you between him and Changmin on the night of his birthday. Yunho’s face has been ripped off with a large cross marked on his face. 
 
Yunho came to his senses. *It can’t be!?* He started to search the room for identification and to his dismay, he found many fake ID’s with Changmin’s picture with many documents that has been misleading Yunho. A small old bible caught his attention and he flicked through it. Words were written ontop of the page. Yunho quickly scanned it, 'Kill..... Yunho, TONIGHT.'
 
Yunho's eyes largened as he pulled out his phone and started to call you but there was no answer. Panic rushed over him as he ran to his car,  sped back while redialling continuously.
*Why isn’t she picking up? Is he with her? Please don’t let anything happen to Hae Jung. He's only after me.*
 
Your phone was going off on the table nonstop but you didn’t dare to move. Changmin took a step towards you which made you step back in alarm. 
 
“Don’t you get it? I knew you first. If it wasn’t for Yunho, we would be together right now. A happy loving couple.” Changmin stated. 
 
“W-What do you mean? Oppa, stop playing around.” 
 
“You’re mine Hae Jung ah… No one can have you but me!” Changmin shouted making you flinch. It appeared like he was a totally different person, not that caring oppa you know.
 
“You think it’s a coincidence that I appear every time Yunho is gone? I’ve been watching you since day one and I know we are meant to be, you’re just not thinking right!” Changmin grabbed you by the shoulders.
 
“What are you talking about? I don’t feel the same way towards you, I’ve always looked at you like my own brother.” You struggled in his grip. “Oppa please…you’re scaring me. We can talk this out.”
 
“I have no choice Hae jung ah. If I can’t have you then no one can. At first my plan was to make you fall for me and kill Yunho but I guess I have to take another way.” Changmin said while gritting his teeth. “But just know this before you go, that I was the only man who loved you. You forever belong to me.”
 
Before you could protest, Changmin has pulled you into an embrace and you suddenly felt pain struck into your stomach. Slowly looking down, you saw Changmin withdrawing a knife from your new wound. Your eyes widened as you panted for air. You fell back causing the table to crash but Changmin has caught you in time. No words come out of your mouth as you were in pain and shock. Tears flowed down your stained cheeks again as you grabbed onto Changmin’s arm hoping that this wasn’t reality. Changmin started to laugh hysterically but tears also came down as he stabbed you again. Your warm blood stained his hand which made him go insane. You gasped to breath but you felt weak, and soon your body soon fell limp into his arms…
 
Yunho roughly parked his car and bolted towards the beach. “Hae Jung ah!” He arrived at the tent and saw complete chaos. His stomach turned inside as he clutched onto his head. Yunho scanned the surroundings and saw a trail of blood.
 *Please don’t let it be Hae Jung, please not hers.* Quickly following it he finally had caught up to where it was coming from. A man walking along the beach stood before Yunho with you in his arms. Yunho became alerted as he knew who it was. He rapidly pulled out his gun.
“CHOI CHANGMIN! Put Haejung down now and put your arms behind your head!”
 
Changmin stopped walking and looked down at you but didn’t move. Yunho’s heart was beating as he didn’t believe what he was facing. The criminal right before his eyes was his one and only best friend. “Don’t make me do this. I can help you.” 
 
Changmin laughed out loud. “By doing what? Putting me back into that mental hospital and locking me up forever? It’s too late for everything, there’s no way for me to turn back now. It is you who have caused all of this. ”
 
“It’s not too late for anything! There is always an option Changmin. Just let me help you!” Yunho shouted with annoyance and frustration. 
Changmin looked to the side and back at your fragile body and kissed your temple. Yunho held tightly onto his gun hoping that pulling the trigger would be his last option.
 
Slowly Changmin turned around facing Yunho. Yunho froze as he saw your pale body covered in blood. His body tensed up as anger rushed through his blood.
 
“You bastard, what did you do to her?!” Yunho’s hands were trembling and at the same time, trying to fight back his tears. Changmin was calm like always and gave off an arrogant smirk. 
 
   “I killed her.” Changmin admitted while slowly approaching Yunho. “You took her for granted and now I want you to feel the pain I felt when you stole her from me.” 
 
‘I killed her’.
‘I killed her'.
‘I killed her'.
 
Those three words kept ringing through his head. Tears flowed from his eyes and now Yunho couldn’t control himself. *You leave me with no choice, I can't stand on the same ground with someone who is my enemy. I..just..can't. The direction of this bullet can determine your destiny...*
 
Changmin stood still with that smirk still on his face. "Do it. I will soon join Hae Jung" 
 
Fury travelled through his body once again and with shaking hands, Yunho closed his eyesBANG! The bullet plunged right through Changmin’s chest causing him to fall onto his knees. Yunho then ran over catching your lifeless body while breathing heavily. 
 
“Hae Jung ah…” Yunho tapped your cheek as tears blurred his vision.
“no, No, NO! Please Hae Jung, wake up. PLEASE!” He hugged you firmly as he depended on his sorrows. If felt like his heart was ripped out but was bleeding inside. The most important person from his life is now taken away.
“Changmin was right, I took you for granted. I’m sorry... I was so stupid, an idiot who couldn’t even protect you…I was at the most glittering part of my life with you in it, but it has now come to an end.” 
 
------------------------------------------THE END! :) ------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
(A/N:) I'm so sorry that it sounded so rushed! :(
I won't be able go be on AFF due to assignments etc, so I just had to quickly post this.
 
Anyways, please support my other FANFIC on DBSK! ^^
Click here ^^
 
Lastly, hope you guys have a lovely week and I shall see you guys soon! <333