My First

Love's Mystique n' Chic: The Lost Shoe

ll CHAPTER 1 ll

 

 Today is Saturday, oh great! I have to do the usual stuffs like going to my school specifically to my dance class and then afterwards I have to remain together with my mentor and practice practice and again practice.

                “Can I take a break?” I asked Mr. Hwang. He looked at me from head to toe before saying “10 minutes!”. I walked by then to go get some drink when suddenly, I saw some kids buying an ice cream which made me want to go back from being a kid. Well, I didn’t experienced being a normal kid. My parents will send me to a dance class everyday. My aunt is the most famous dance critique in the world. That’s the reason why my parents wanted me to become a great dancer, to follow my aunt’s footsteps. My mother is a doctor while my father is the CEO of the company. Though I am in a very great and popular family well not to brag, I am not popular by face at all. People do know me by name because I hold the title “Dance Empress”. In the dancing world where I belong, people who have great courage to see me and those fans that really appreciates me knows my face. I don’t come out when it’s not my turn. The title “Dance Empress” was the most extravagant title that you could ever have--- that’s if you know how to dance every single type of dances. Well, for my years of existence, all I did is to dance and dance and learn how to dance. Media were so desperate to know me for I am the “hottest” topic for them. The Australian Ministry for Dancing and arts were ready to donate almost a half of a billion just to have me in their group. Because if I am under with them, and if I win to international contests, they will get twice of what they’ve given or even thrice or make it five times.

                “Kim Li Soo, what are you doing? You know that I am very strict when it comes to time come on now and practice!” Mr. Hwang just yelled at me. He is really a very strict man. He is not actually a Korean rather, a Taiwanese but his parents worked in Korea and he was raised here.

“coming..” I answered.

 

                Sunday. Yes! This is my most favorite day of all. I can do whatever I want well, just inside our house.  It’s my break time for the whole weak of penalty.

“Ms. Kim, what do you want to eat for today?” Mrs. Kwon asked me with her bright smile. She’s my most favorite helper in our house (well, I don’t want to call them as our maid).

“hmmm.. would you mind Mrs. Kwon if I help you bake my favorite cheesecake?” I eyed her and seconds after, we both just laughed.

Beep beep beep beep… Mrs. Kwon and I heard the truck buzzing out our gate.

“maybe the supplies are here.” Uttered Mrs. Kwon

“aww. That’s great. Let’s pick it up. I want to help”

“sure you may..” Mrs. Kwon agreed.

We both went out to check the truck. Two guys were already helping to grab the fruits and vegetables to send in our storage area for foods. Mrs. Kwon enjoyed chatting with the other guys. I looked at the truck and it’s really huge. And then, something horrible just came up to my mind. I immediately entered the truck and hid myself to the foods that were left. The driver closed the doors of the truck but lights were still passing through. In a space between the doors, I saw Mrs. Kwon saying goodbye to the driver but she seemed to be looking at me. Then finally, the truck moved and I just got the most horrible idea. ESCAPING.

 

                I didn’t know what happened clearly but my mind and body just coordinated with one another. Feeling the urge to move out from my place and to experience freedom even just for once.

                It’s been hours since the truck is moving. I fell asleep and just woke up when I heard sounds of banging.

“aww” I muttered. Someone opened the door and I hid. While the guys are carrying the foods to the house of the customer, I abruptly make my way out. It’s already dark. Questions started to bombard my vivid mind. Where am I suppose to go and where actually am I?

 

“where am I? I’m exhausted!” I said to myself. I sat to a bench near a wonderful tree where I can see some cravings. Names of lovers and even promises. Time passes by and I didn’t even know that I slept—in a bench. It’s my first  time.

“miss… miss… miss” I heard someone while tapping at my shoulder.

“hmmm??” I sat down as I rub my eyes to see who clearly the person is.

“are you okay? Why are you sleeping here?” she asked me. She has the most genuine smile. I even smiled when I looked at her.

“ah-uhm, I-I don’t know where I am”

“you are here in Busan” she answered me.

“Busan?”

“yes Busan. Why are you here? And what’s your name?”

“uhm, Li.”

“well, hi Li! I am Seunghyun. Seunghyun Han” she introduced herself and we shook hands.

“nice to meet you”

“so, why are you here? And why do you look..” she looked at me and I examined myself and gosh! I’m a disaster.

“oh my, I’m sorry for what I look like! It’s just that--- uhm..” definitely, I can’t tell her what really happened. She might recognize me.

“don’t tell me you are hiding from someone?”

“no no! actually…” I can’t think of a reason and another horrible idea popped up again.

“I mean yeah. I am hiding from my step father. I escaped because he-he-he-he doesn’t want me and even said that he’d kill me” I blurted out. SeungHyun believed me—that easy.

“oh my, that’s horrible! C’mon just stay in our house. My parents will take good care of you. We will take good care of you.” She said as she pulled me.

 

While we were on our way home (technically SeungHyun’s home) I asked her why does she wanted me to come with her when in fact I’m a total stranger to her.

“well, let’s just say that I am, well Kind?” and she laughed. Hysterically. And I laughed too.

“are you sure your parents will be fine with this? You know..”

“definitely. No worries. My parents are the best one. My father is working in a company and my mother has a shop, a jewelry shop. I am their only child and they’d be glad to have you too. If you want to..”

“surely I want to have parents but—don’t you think that..” and I was cut-off. SeungHyun went in front of me, held unto to shoulders, looked straightly to my eyes and said:

“Li, don’t think too much. From now on, you’ll be part of our family. I won’t let your father get you no matter what and I’ll be your one and only protector. And from now on, you will become my sister. And we are the best of friends. This statement is effective immediately as in NOW!!”

                I looked at her very sincere eyes. She held me her pinky finger and made me agree and we both promised. I am ecstatic.

“I’m home!” she said when she stepped in her house. I never thought that she’d be this rich. There are around 10 maids who greeted her, their house is humongous though ours is twice of theirs.

“Mrs. Lee, where’s mom?” Seunghyun asked.

“in her room madamme” Mrs. Lee answered. Seunghyun pulled me and we went to her mother’s room, well parent’s room.

“mom!!!!” she jumped in to her parent’s bed and hugged them both. I was just standing on the door waiting for her to remember that I am actually there.

“oh! Mom, Dad, I would like you to meet Li.” She introduced me to her parents and she told everything—about my lie.

 

“oh dear, come here” Mrs. Han said and I went near them and she hugged me.

“from now on, you will stay with us.”

“really?” I wanted to clear things.

“yes!”

“oh my, thank you Mrs. Han, Mrs. Han and Seunghyun.” I bowed In front of them 90 degrees.

“na-ah! Li, from now on, you call me Dad and you call her Mom.” Mr. Han demanded.

“oh I’m sorry----Dad

                This is the first time I felt loved by a real family. I can’t even hug nor kiss my parents. But the feeling of being with the Han Family is different. Very different.

“oh and also, starting next week you’ll attend on Seunghyun’s class as well so you can be together. Don’t worry I’ll start fixing things tomorrow” Mr. Han said.

“thank you,thank you” I keep on thanking them.

 

                Seunghyun is studying at Gazer High University. For the first night in their house, though they have a lot of rooms, Seunghyun asked me to sleep with her. She lend me some clothes for the mean time and said that we’ll go shopping tomorrow.

“so, what’s in your school?” I asked her while we were fixing our bed.

“well, there are a lot of guys out there.”

“are they cute?” I asked starting to heat up the topic.

“No.” Seunghyun answered me coldly.

“aww, why?” I asked being the most disappointed one. Seunghyun walked through the bed and started giggling.

“oh my gosh Lin, they are not only cute they are HANDSOME! Totally GORGEOUS!!!!” and we both screamed in happiness. Seunghyun and I sat on the bed and started the story marathon.

 

“tell me more about them..” I insisted.

“well, a lot of guys were really cool in the campus. In school, there were groups. They have their own names and even have fan clubs. Even other schools were craving to see them because of popularity” Seunghyun started sharing.

“then what? Who are these groups? Who’s the most famous?” I eagerly wanted to know the answer. It’s not that I want to have a boyfriend. It’s just that for once, I wanted to become a fan girl.

“well, there’s what you call Super Junior, SHINee, 2pm, Big Bang and the most attracting to me is BEAST or you can spell it as B-2-S-T B2ST.” she emphasized B2ST.

“why them?”

“well, I like one of the members. He is Kikwang. His fellow groupmates were handsome too. It’s just that I am attracted to him. If you see them you’ll be hooked. But, Li, don’t fall for any of them” she warned me.

“why???????” I asked hysterically.

“because, you’ll bed killed… by the other girl groups.”

“you mean there are groups of ladies as well? So which group are you in?”

“well, I don’t actually have a group since uhm, well…” she can’t say it because she’s too humble.

“well WHAT?” I begged her to tell me.

“well, I’m kinda uhm the most popular girl? Because of well you know, my father and mother.” She told me. I can relate to her because of my status in life as well.

“then where am I suppose to fit it?”

“you can go with me. Let’s form a group. What do you think?”

“sure..” I agreed.

“and Li, if you are with me, be ready with the girls called ‘4minute’. They are actually nice but when you are flirting with their guys, B2ST, you’ll be dead. I am close to b2st and with that, since you’ll be with me, they will actually think that you’re one of their fan girls. Seohyun likes Dongwoon, Gayoon likes Yoseob, Jihyun wants Doojoon, Jiyun wants Kikwang that’s why she’s the most affected that I am close to B2ST. and lastly, the most terrifying girl but the most charismatic, Hyunah. She liked JunHyung. So better go away with JunHyung okay? Coz even I can’t protect you with Hyunah. But it’s okay to be friends with them. Okay?” Seunghyun advised me almost everything.

                The first day of freedom is so much fun than I have expected. And I am very much happy that for the first time, I followed what my heart is telling me. Like what others are saying “there’s no harm in trying”

 

 

if you want to support my project and if you want me to continue this story like this page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/This-is-Popper-Princess/136578669736495

 

PS: This is POPPER PRINCESS <3