2

Married?

“16?” you repeated. “Isn’t that a little too young for us to engaged?” He grinned a little before leading you to the luxurious bed. He sat you down and waved your butler away.

Closing the door, Baekhyun pulled a chair up in front of you and sat down before answering. “It is,” he agreed, surprisingly, “But we were in love. So I guess it didn’t matter.”

“We were?” you blurted out. After realizing your words, you covered your lips and mentally hit yourself for sprouting such words in front of your fiance. “I’m sorry,” you whispered upon seeing the split-second shock on his face.

“It’s okay,” he smiled. “It’s just.. It’s weird.”

“How so?” you asked, as you looked at him. He flashed another smile that seemed so familiar, yet so… unfamiliar at the same time. You had no idea why, but your tummy fluttered. Your mind was completely confused as to why you felt that way.

“This,” he gestured to the space between the both of you, “is the farthest we’ve been apart in so long.” He sighed and looked down. The space wasn’t that far, but it wasn’t exactly near either. It was a little more than 2 meters apart.

“I’m sorry,” you whispered again, when you saw how sad he looked. “I’ll try to remember…”

“I really hope so. You can’t forget me,” he said, that sounded more like a plea.

“Can you help me?” you asked. Unknowingly, you played with your fingers while waiting for his reply. “Explain to me everything. From the start.”

He smiled sadly before starting. “Well, our.. love story isn’t exactly the sweetest. Or the longest. Or the funniest. It was simple. Just simple,” he grinned as continued, “You and I met when we were 16. I transferred into your school. And once I saw you, everything seemed to change. It was as if my reason to smile was you. Whenever I saw you, I’d smile. I couldn’t understand why or how. After one month, I asked you out on a date. We were on our first date, to the-“

“Ice cream palace,” both of you harmonised. “I remember,” you announced when you saw some flashbacks in your mind. You could remember the date with a boy in the shop, just that you couldn’t make out his face.

“Yo-you remember?” he smiled, hopefully. You nodded and asked him to continue. “So the date.. I sent you home then, on a bus. You weren’t used to it because you had a chauffeur to take you everywhere. But you endured it. I confessed to you a week later, at the-“

“Rose garden behind school,” both of you said together again. You remembered the scene. You could remember someone confessing to you. He smiled wider and went on, “We went out for 2 weeks, until your Dad found out. We got a lot of scoldings. But your Mom wouldn’t allow you to date someone poor.”

“Poor?” you repeated. “But you’re not… right? I mean, look at this place,” you glanced everywhere in his room. He laughed lightly before pulling his chair closer to you.

“I wasn’t poor. In fact, I never was. I just kept a really low profile. And your parents didn’t know that I was well-to-do. You didn’t know either. So one day, I brought your parents and you to my house. I guess, after meeting my parents and finding out that I’m not exactly poor, your parents agreed.”

“And ever since then, we’ve been dating?” you asked.

He nodded and smiled, “Yeah. We have. And we were about to get married on the-“

“12th of October,” you whispered along as he said. “I remember. We have the same birthday.. 6 plus 6 gives us 12, so we decided on the 12th. Our months added up is 10. So we chose to get married on the 12th of October…”

“You still can’t remember me,” he murmured. You dropped your gaze to your lap and felt guilt eating you alive. You clasped your hands on your thighs and sighed. Suddenly, you felt warmth around your hands. You looked up slightly to see Baekhyun kneeling before you, holding your hands.

“Don’t sigh, baby,” he smiled. “It’s okay. The wedding can wait. We can even cancel it. Just don’t be upset, alright?” You felt your tummy fluttering again, when he called you baby.

Whispering, you said, “But I feel guilty for not being able to remember you.”

“Don’t be,” he softly comforted as he held the side of your neck. “It’s no big deal. I’ll just have to make you fall for me all over again.”

“You say that like it’s so easy,” you laughed a little.

“You fell for me after one date. What makes you think it can’t happen again?” he challenged. You couldn’t say a word because you knew he was right. Even now, you feel happy just being there with him.

“My mind can’t remember you,” you said, “but my body can.” He looked at you in confusion. “My tummy gets butterflies whenever you come near,” you shyly explained. He laughed and you felt your cheeks blush. Embarassed, you stood up and turned away from him.

“Come here,” he said, standing up. He pulled your hand and hugged you to his chest. One of his hands s round the nape of your neck as he pressed you closer to him. You slowly closed your eyes and raised your hand to hug his waist. “Gosh, I miss you so much,” he whispered as he kissed your head.

You’ve felt this feeling before. You knew. You remember him hugging you like this.

Lifting your head up, you looked into his eyes, as he gazed down lovingly at you. Lightly, he kissed your temple. You smiled and kissed his neck softly, as if automatically. He laughed, “Your body really does remember me.”

“Do I always do that?” you asked, while laying your head on his shoulder comfortably.

“Pretty much.” You felt him smile against your head. “So… Is this considered as our first date?”

You chuckled before nodding, “I guess so.”

“Well, hello, miss. I’m Byun Baekhyun. And I… Er.. I love you. Always have, and always will,” he whispered with a smile as he hugged you closer.

~~

THE END. <3