1

Married?

~

The darkness finally got to you. You felt the weight of your eyes the moment you tried to open them. Slowly, you lifted your heavy-lidded eyes. The bright light surrounded your sight as you squinted them away. “Young Missy! You’re awake!” someone gasped.

You fully opened your eyes, to see a middle-aged man in a crisp, black suit standign in front of you. He had his hands clasped tightly together. “Young Missy, I’ll get the doctor. Wait for a minute,” he bowed and quickly left.

Who was he? You thought. You looked around and saw the interior of the room you were in. I’m in a hospital? You sighed when you felt an intense pain in your head. You put your hands by your side and tried to prop yourself up…only to fall back down unto the white bed. Before you could try a second time, the doctor walked in with the man who was in your ward earlier.

“So, how are you feeling, dear?” the old doctor asked warmly. You shrugged and smiled slightly. “Can you remember your name?”

Your voice croaked the moment you spoke, “_______.”

“That’s good. Do you know where you are?”

“Hospital,” you answered softly.”What happened to me?”

“You were in a car accident 3 months ago. You hit your head pretty badly, and slipped into a coma. But no worries, you’re fine now. You left the danger zone pretty quickly.”

“3 months? I was asleep for 3 months? Wow,” you whispered to yourself in fascination. “That’s a long time…”

The doctor laughed before saying, “Do you think you’ll be in any trauma? Cause you seem really calm right now.”

“I don’t think so,” you shook your head with a small smile.

“Good. Do you remember who this man is?” the doctor gestured to the middle-aged man. The man looked at you hopefully, with his hands clasped together once more. Slowly, you shook your head.

“Young Missy!” he gasped.

“Don’t worry! This is just temporary memory loss. She’ll be fine,” the old doctor smiled before turning to the man, “Please inform her parents and her fiance. They stopped by earlier and it seems that she’s ready to be discharged.” The doctor left the room and closed the door.

The man in the suit stepped closer. “Missy, you really don’t remember me?”

“I have a fiance?” you asked when what the doctor had said dropped on you.”And who are you again?”

The man sighed as he explained, “Young Missy, I’m your butler, Kim Jooyoung. And yes, you have a fiance. He’s Mr. Byun Baekhyun. You were supposed to get married 3 months ago… 4 days before your wedding. But you met with an accident. Ah! Miss, I’ll go make a phone call to get your parents down. I’ll be back quickly. Is that alright?”

You nodded slowly and the elder male strode off. I have a fiance? I’m gonna get married? But I’m only 18… Your thoughts flooded your mind. After a few minutes, your butler rushed in. “Young Missy,” he called. You broke your train of thoughts and looked at him. “I’ve been asked to handle your discharge and take you to Mr. Byun.”

“My fiance?” you asked, stupidly. But he didn’t laugh. He nodded instead. “Er.. Okay.” For the next half an hour, your butler readied everything for you. You only needed to sign the papers and you were ready to go.

Soon, you were in silver Mecerdes Benz. “Is this my car?” you asked your butler, who was seated up front with the driver.

“Nope, Young Missy. Your car is at home. This is the car we use to chauffeur you around,” he answered while looking at you in the rearview mirror. You nodded before a thought snapped to your mind.

“What do I usually call you?” you queried warily. He laughed lightly before replying.

“You call me Kim Ahjussi, or sometimes just Ahjussi.” You nodded again and looked out. “Ah, Miss, here’s your phone,” he turned around to pass you a wide screen, slim phone. It was a Samsung Galaxy Note.

You unlocked it and saw that there was a passcode. “What’s my passcode?” you asked Kim Ahjussi.

“I don’t know, miss,” he answered politely. Oh? What was my code? You tried everything, from your name, to your birthday, to your mom’s name, to your dad’s and even the car plate number. Nothing worked.

You gave up after 30 minutes. “We’re here, Young Missy,” the driver announced.

“Ne,” you answered as your butler came around to open the car door for you. You stepped out and gasped at what you saw. “This is where my fiance lives?” It was a huge mansion. Its roof was probably 15 meters tall.

“Miss, would you like to change into something more formal?” your butler offered. You looked down at what you were wearing: a pair of jean shorts with a tank top and slippers. Your hair was tied up in a messy bun, with tendrils falling by the sides of your face.

“Why?” you asked innocently. He shook his head and plastered his gaze to the ground. Hesitantly, you walked to the front door. Raising your hand, you brought your fist close to the door, ready to knock. But the door opened before you landed your touch on it.

“Young Master is in his room, Ms ___,” a female servant bowed. She walked on quickly, and you followed. Up the wooden stairs, past the long row of paintings and a long right turn of glass flooring, you reached his room, where his servant knocked on his door. “Young Master? Ms ___ is here.”

She left immediately, leaving you there. You knocked on his door, and only entered when you heard him say, “Come in.”

You stepped into the luxurious bedroom. But he was nowhere to be seen. A large golden bed lit the room, and a long shelf of books replaced the left wall. Just as you walked in the big room, you called out, “Hello?” A pair of arms hugged you from the back. You gasped in shock, but made no move to jump away. In some weird way, this pair of arms felt familiar.

“I missed you,” Baekhyun whispered in your left ear. He traced his nose against your neck and you felt butterflies flying in your tummy. This felt too familiar to you. You knew this man. You knew him well. He tightened his hands around your waist kissed your neck before letting you go.

Turning around, you finally came face-to-face with your fiance. He was good-looking. But you had no memory of his look. He smiled brightly at you and tilted his head slightly when you made no effort to smile back. Your eyes ran over his brown hair, his average-sized eyes, straight nose and perfectly-shaped lips. You ran over his features again and again. Yet, nothing came to you.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as he held your hands. Again, you felt that familiar feeling. He interlocked your fingers with his and that feeling spread over you.

Just then, the door opened. “Mr. Byun!” your butler rushed in, “I forgot to tell you. Young Missy lost her memory… She doesn’t remember you.”

He shot his look to you and let your hands go when he realized you weren’t holding on to his hands the way he was holding on to your’s. “I-I..” he stammered. “You don’t remember me?”

You shook your head as you gazed at him. You saw a flicker of sadness in his eyes. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, your fiance ever since you were 16.”