Blood Stained Angel

Blood Stained Angel

 

Let me hear every word you have to say. Let me drown into the sound of your accented words, tasting them on the tip of my tongue as I kiss the concealed meanings out of them.

Because if you were going to tell me farewell, I might as well make the best farewell out of it. Right, my angel, Hangkyung?

"Heechul, you won't like this. But you don’t know what I really am. So I’ll have to say goodbye here," he said with a conviction he wasn't even sure was real, or just a fabricated lie he manifested to convince himself that it was best away from here. Away to a place where he didn't have to have to ponder and feel the guilt of being with Heechul, who he had hurt over and over again with his insecurity. But with a passion, Heechul stood beside him without ever faltering. Even though Hankyung might not think it, Heechul knew the man best. From inside and out, Heechul consumed all his worries and troubles into himself and learned them through Hankyung's little gestures.

He was still a child inside, slaved to the past. A past very much interlaced with Heechul's very own. If any other party saw it, they would think it was Heechul who had caused Hankyung such distress, but they don't know something very important.

"Do you still not trust me, Hankyung?" Heechul caressed his fingers against Hankyung's cheeks.

Hankyung looked away shyly from the other man's seductive gaze. "No—I mean yes, but... I'm scared of hurting you again."

Heechul touched the side of his torso, feeling the place where the knife had stabbed him. He smiled softly at the memory, he had no regrets. "You don't trust me, because you don't trust yourself. I know you love me, you do."

You know you love me, but you don't know yourself. The reason why you continue to build a tower around yourself is because you don't want to reach out to me. You don't want to break me, but I want you to reach out to me. I would risk being broken if it meant you would touch me like before.

"I do love you, Heechul. But even if I'm somewhere else, I can still be able to see you."

"Why are you even scared? Will touching me kill me? This wound," Heechul lifted his shirt to show his proud scar. "I'm proud of this scar. Because of it, I was able to keep you alive."

Hankyung bit his lip, the pressure drawing crimson blood out. He pulled the other into a tight embrace. "If I'm with you, you might be hurt again! I don't want you to be scarred, do you understand that! And it's because I love you"

See, you can hold me. And I'm not breaking. Heechul wrapped his arms around the shaking shoulders of Hankyung. Whispering into his ear, "Then stay with me. Who will protect me when you're away? What if they come after me? Who will fight them off, if not my only assassin, Hankyung?"

They looked into each other for a long moment, breathing in every emotion that flowed between them.

With eyes renewed with resolution, Hankyung gripped securely onto Heechul's hand.

"Okay, I'll stay. If something happens to you again, this time I won't forgive anyone, including myself."

"Sealed with a kiss," Heechul reached up to pull the other into another kiss.