Tie the Rain into Bows

Tie the Rain into Bows

Kibum has always been one to believe that if one does not go through pain, one will not understand what true happiness is.

The rain falling from the faintly grey empyrean kisses the floor gently, pelting his rough skin. Clad in a plain T-shirt and loose jeans that are blatantly insufficient to warm him, Kibum thinks that maybe, just maybe, heaven's tears are attempting to give him more heat, rain drops nuzzling against his body.

After the rain, there must be a rainbow.

Kibum continues sauntering in the rain, battling against the chilling atmosphere and his urge to shiver. He is alone on the streets, the only people that pass him are those that hide from the rain under their umbrellas, and yet expect to see the rainbow afterwards. These are the people who avoid hardships and yet believe they can attain real happiness.

Kibum continues stepping in the puddles that splash against the sole of his feet, dampening his long jeans. His entire self is drenched, hair dripping with cold, cruel water that run down into his skin. His gaze is latched on the floor, as it helps aid him through his journey.

The rain, no matter what, will always induce a rainbow.

Kibum sneezes once, halting in his tracks momentarily before he continues walking relentlessly. The people that pass by him do not spare him another glance. He hears the pattering of people's footsteps, the rain hitting the earth in rhythm and slight reverberations from the thunder.

Suddenly, Kibum hears noise that disrupt the natural atmosphere of the rain. He hears scampering of feet, and his tilted gaze informs him of someone blocking his tracks.

The rain doesn't stop, but it does go around him now. An umbrella is placed over his head, and a slightly shorter man extends his umbrella higher to shield Kibum from the rain.

Surprise courses through his mocha orbs as Kibum perks up, looking at the face of another man who looks at him in consternation.

One must go through hardships to know what is true happiness.

Kibum steps away from the safe refuge into the rain again, but the unknown man moves his umbrella towards Kibum. It causes the stranger to be exposed to the merciless cascade of rain, and Kibum hurriedly pushes back the umbrella.

A rather amusing fight ignites afterwards of pushing, and in the end, the stranger gets irritated and pulls Kibum towards him, together under the umbrella.

The unknown person's body is warm, soft and comforting, and he introduces himself lightly.

"I'm Yesung."

His eyes crinkle at the sides to form crescent moons, and his plump, red lips quirk into a friendly smile. Kibum stares at him for a moment, before relenting, a shade of red colouring the bigger man's cheeks.

One must go through hardships to understand what is happiness, but who says one must choose to go through pain in order to receive happiness?

One can walk through pain with another, one can feel happy even through hardships with the one he loves.

"...Kibum," the taller murmurs and suddenly, the world doesn't seem so cold anymore. They walk side by side, and Kibum finds the warmth beside him all too sufficient for him.

Maybe, just maybe, happiness isn't bracing the rain alone and feeling as though your reward for it is the rainbow. Maybe happiness lies in dancing in the rain, together with someone you love.

Kibum reaches out his moist hand, and interlocks it with Yesung's.