Beyond Words...

Beyond Words...
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

“Are you sure that you’ll be okay on your own with Mi-Young, Eun Ae?” Joon asked for the third time.

I kindly replied, “I’m sure I can handle taking care of her for a week so just be careful on your trip dear.”

He shyly smiled, gave me a big warm hug and gave me a quick smooch on the cheek before he said bye to Mi-Young at the door steps.

It’s already been 7 years since the last time I saw Donghae.

“Mom…mom…look Super Junior’s on tv again!” Mi-Young shouted excitedly from the living room. After I heard her, I quickly walked over to find her dancing in front of the T.V. trying to imitate the members.

[Giggle] “I can see I gave birth to a little dancer, didn’t I” I said before Mi-Young turned to face me with rosy cheeks. She always did get embarrassed whenever someone saw her dancing.

“Mom, can you not stare when I’m dancing! It’s embarrassing gosh!” she complained as she decided to sit back down on the couch and change the channel on the television.

“I’m only complimenting you dear, but I wish you wouldn’t watch them so often because you already know how busy he is with work” I said as I walked over into the kitchen to cook some food for dinner.

“But mom…” Mi-young started.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Why won’t he visit me? Did he forget about us mom?” she asked softly.

I hate that I can’t tell her the truth about her father but this is the first time she’s asked about him, “It’s just that he has a busy schedule and he doesn’t have enough time to call us.”

“So do you have any more questions missy?” I asked sarcastically.

“Yes, are we having meat today?” Mi-Young asked excitedly.

A light smile crawled onto my face as I replied, “Yes, we most certainly are.”

[Sigh] After me and Mi-Young had dinner, she went to bed. I couldn’t sleep so I rested outside to look up at the stars on the balcony.

“I wish you could see her Donghae” I whispered to myself.

*bzzz*bzzz* I grabbed my cell phone from the little table beside me and noticed that I had a text message. Who in the world would text me at this time of the night?

As I slowly unlocked my phone I scrolled down to my inbox to find a text that had an unknown number.

I didn’t bother with questioning who it was from when I read, “Can we meet?”

It surprised me that he knew my number, but what really caught me off guard was that he wanted to meet.

After reading that text I quickly called Joon. He told me that if he were ever to contact me then I should let him know.

*ring*ring*ring*ring* “W-what’s wrong? (Yawnn…)” I heard him yawning but I knew that he’d want to know if I ever met with Donghae.

“Donghae just texted saying that he wanted to meet,” I mumbled so that I wouldn’t wake Mi-Young up from bed.

“Wait, so are you planning to go see him?” he asked softly.

“I’m not sure, that’s the reason why I called you because I’m not sure if I should…” I ended.

“Do you want to see him Eun Ae?” he asked.

“Honestly, I do but not because I love him or anything but because I want answers from him if that’s okay with you…” I asked.

“I don’t want to be the one to shackle you down, so go see him but don’t let him get near Mi-Young after how he abandoned you two. Remember that Eun Ae, and Eun Ae?” He warned me.

“What is it dear?” I wondered.

“I love you and Mi-Young, just so you know that…” He sweetly spoke as if he were whispering it into my ear.

[Giggle] “You’re so silly Joon, you know we love you more…” I air kissed him through the phone.

It sounded funny when I heard him chuckle on the other side of the line.

“Just be careful okay Eun-Ae,” he said with a worried tone.

“I will, so don’t worry dear,” I replied.

“Okay then well give Mi-Young a kiss good night for me, bye” He ended.

“Alright, bye”

I quickly wrote a text back asking where to meet. He wrote back pretty quick giving me the directions towards where to meet.

The next morning while walking with Mi-Young to drop her off at her school, I suddenly noticed Donghae lying against the wall of the entrance to her school.

Mi-Young most definitely noticed him since she went running towards him.

“Mi-Young stop!” I tried to get her attention but she wrapped her little arms around his legs.

He looked as surprised as I was when he removed his sunglasses and kneeled down about to hug her.

“Don’t! Don’t you touch her!” I shouted so loud I thought the whole school could hear me.

He must’ve been startled by my anger because he backed away from her as if someone pushed him down.

“Who is this little girl Eun Ae?” he asked as he looked at his own flesh and blood.

Oh yeah, he never saw her be born. “She’s my little sister, Mi-Young.”

He had a surprised expression until it changed into a cheerful expression. As he got up I quickly grabbed Mi-Young’s hand and made her go to school. Before she left she gave her father one last hug, “I’m so so happy I got to see you!”

Once she was gone he asked, “Does your little sister always hug strangers?”

I left my expression blank, “Depending if the stranger seems harmful or not, and if he could possibly be from Super Junior.”

“So what did you want to talk about?” I asked as I began to walk along the side walk towards the café.

“Well I wanted to know if you kept it, the baby I mean” he looked away as he mumbled it.

“Donghae,” I said so that he would look at me.

“Yeah?” he asked.

I tilted my head to the left and said, “I never wanted to raise a child as a single mother Donghae.”

His smile disappeared, “Oh so you got rid of it then?”

Why did he frown when he never even wanted the baby in the first place?

“Yeah, so was that all you wanted to talk about?” I asked as I stared at the ground.

“No,” he responded before we stepped into the café and got some coffee.

As I sipped some of my drink Donghae said, “About what I said before about not having anything to do with the baby, I regret saying.”

[Cough, cough, cough] My throat felt like it was on fire but I shouted, “Then why in the world did you say that!”

He looked up at me with sad eyes, “I couldn’t disobey my parents, before we started dating I had gone to meet someone my parents wanted me to meet. Before you told me about the baby, my parents had told me that the girl I met wanted to marry me.”

Speechless beyond words, I couldn’t respond but he continued.

“I was told to break up with you and marry her, but then you brought up that you were pregnant and so I couldn’t take care of you or the child which made it an even harder break up.”

“So you broke up with me because of your parents!? Do you have any idea how much I cried when my baby was gone from inside me!!” I screamed and cried.

He quickly tried to calm me down by saying, “But after the girl and I met it turned out we weren’t doing so well together and that was because all I could think about was you and the baby!”

Ha! Like that would make me feel any better

His expression looked like he was desperate to get through to me but the anger within me flowed throughout my veins. It felt like my body was heated up to a whole other level. My fists were tightening and I felt like I wanted to break the cup in front of me into his face.

Finally he slumped into the chair he sat in while staring at the table and said, “I canceled the engagement.”

Suddenly I felt like my body was empty and cold, “Why did you cancel when we were already over?”

He chuckled and looked at me, “Were you listening to me at all? I told you it was because I couldn’t stop thinking about you two. It made my family and her parents furious but I couldn’t continue to go forth with the marriage knowing I wasn’t in love.”