Whom I Live For

Whom I Live For

 

She opened her eyes, staring blankly at the white ceiling, finally awake now.

She was about to get her school uniform when she realized that it was Saturday.  Her expression suddenly became darker as she took a deep sigh. It’s not because she hate weekends, it’s just because she doesn’t know where to go or what to do on weekends. On weekdays, she could simply go to school in the morning, take an English course after school, accompany her sisters everywhere they want to go, or…………………(fill this with more boring activities, you name it).

‘Aha, should I call Sunkyu? Maybe she wants to go somewhere, I could tag along’ she thought. Sunkyu is her chairmate, they have been friends since 8th grade. They’re really close, well you can say that Sunkyu is more like her sister than her real sisters.

“Yobuseyo? Sunkyu-ah? Wants to go somewhere today?”

“Mianhaeyo, I have to go to my cousin’s party today~ I’m sooooo soo sorry” she answered with such a cute tone, Sunkyu is incredibly famous for her aegyo.

“Ya! Your aegyo won’t work on me!”, she dialed another number, on a speed dial after Sunkyu’s.

“Taeyeon-aaaah, wa—“

“Ya! Why are you calling so early in the morning?! I’m going back to sleep”, ‘that sleepyhead, what did she said? early in the morning? It’s 11AM for God Sake!’.

‘Aisssh those girls, never showed up whenever I need them the most’.

---------------------------------------------

‘Should I read some books? Do my biology homework? Or…or..what?’ she just stood there in the middle of her room, not knowing what to do. Her life became boring ever since her high school life started. She threw away those high hopes she had when she was young, when she always started her day with a smile. Those days when she started to daydream everytime someone inspired her. Because she thought she should find another dream,that, reachable. Well guess what? She never found one.

She grabbed a random shirt, a shawl, and a pair of jeans. She quickly changed and stared at herself in the mirror. Blankly, as always. She didn’t put any makeup on, she doesn’t care about stuff like that.

She stepped out of her room, glad that no one’s home. She grabbed her car key, and drove to the nearest beach.

‘finally, fresh air’ she said as she got out from her car. She walked around the beach, and sat on the warm sand. She could hear the waves hitting the shore clearly, it gives her a nice feeling. She stayed there for a few hours, enjoying her quality time. Well, not quality time exactly, even if she’s at the beach, all that goes on her mind was her biology homework.

‘it’s due on Monday!’ there she goes again.

A couple passed her, they looked so happy, they talked and laughed with each other. As if the world belongs to them. She stared at them when they pass by, she envies them, she had to admit it. She doesn’t even have someone to live for.

As the night gets darker, more and more couple showed up. There are tons of them. She can’t stand it any longer, she got up and walked to a small coffee shop across the street.  She has to eat something before she drive, she hasn’t eaten anything yet since this morning.

When she entered the small building, there are even more couples. Most of them shared a cup of coffee together.

‘they can’t even afford 2 coffees? Then why are they here? Are they bragging that they're going out or what?’ she whispered, softly, so no one can’t hear it.

She quickly ordered a coffee and a bagel, disgusted by the lovey dovey atmosphere there, she didn’t even realize that there was someone behind her, at the queue.

After received her orders, she turned around and bumped to the person behind her. Her coffee was all over his shirt. And the best thing is, he was wearing a white shirt. a plain white shirt with nothing printed, well, that's before her coffee printed on it.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you were there, I’m so so sorry, here let me help you with that” she said in a panic tone while trying to clean his shirt with her shawl, she didn’t even have the guts to look at his face, she was so scared.

She was about to clean it when he suddenly grabbed her hand and said, “your shawl will be dirty”, “do you have a tissue?”

She looked up to him, startled. ‘so in handsome’ was the first thing that came to her mind. He had this black hair with a side bang, his face is uhm, so manly? And he got the cutest eyes too!

“hello? Do you have a tissue?” he snapped her back to the real life.

“well, n- no” she answered

“then buy me one, come on, let’s go to the nearest supermarket” he grabbed her arm and was about to walk, but she just stood there like a statue.

“ah sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Lee Jonghyun, you can call me oppa since you look younger than me,  what’s your name?”

“uhm, I am……y- you can call me Fira”, she answered, and he just smiled.

They walked through the beach for hours, until it's getting late, but never found a supermarket, they end up talking to each other while walking and holding hands. They got closer pretty fast.

“oppa, I think there are no supermarket around here”

“you babo, what kind of coffee shop doesn’t even have tissues?” he let out a little laugh.

she was confused, and startled when she realized what Jonghyun meant.

---------------------------------------------------

‘I’m going to live for Lee Jonghyun’ she said softly and turned her head to look at him

“what did you say?”

“annieyo oppa” she smiled

 

 

well, you can say that it was a love at first sight for both of them ^^