Part 3

SoS

Okay, so like I already said, here's part three and it's the end :D

I actually planned to update it yesterday, but I kinda... forgot? Sorry about that xD

I will update my other works here, too, but most of them are oneshots, so yeah...

On to the story :) Enjoy ^^

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

It was already pitch dark when Wooyoung finally found a quiet place. Jae left an hour ago to catch the last train home, but Wooyoung still had to explain a few things to his new band members. Now he was out on the terrace, enjoying the calm night.

It was good to see his brother again. It had been months since the last time and Jaebeom told him he would be leaving for America soon. He was going to stay at their old family house in Seattle. Wooyoung would miss him. Miss him like crazy, but he would cope. He found a second family here. His new members were awesome and they cared about him. Junho almost started to cry when he heard about Wooyoung’s past and Junsu hugged him afterwards. It was… nice.

He had never been this close to Michael or Jason. Well, before the scandal anyway.

He winced when he felt something warm against his cheek. “It’s tea.” A deep voice said next to him. He shuddered, the voice as always doing funny things to his heart.

Wooyoung turned around and saw Taecyeon smiling slightly. Taking the cup, the younger patted the seat beside him. He returned the hesitant smile when the giant sat down. “Thank you.” He mumbled, but then almost choked on the drink. There was something weird…

Taecyeon laughed. “Sorry, I should’ve warned you. I added rum. Helps you sleep.” He explained.

Wooyoung widened his eyes at the cup. “Ah, okay…” he wasn’t really used to heavy alcohol.

“I’m sorry, maybe I shouldn’t have…” The older started uncomfortably, but Wooyoung stopped him.

“No, it’s fine. I can use it.” He smiled and took another sip, trying hard not to make a face at the weird taste. “Thank you, really.”

“You’re welcome.” Taecyeon shifted slightly in his seat. “Are you… Are you alright?” he then asked slowly.

Wooyoung grinned at him, but the older could still see the darkness in his eyes. “You know, you don’t need to be nice to me.” He looked back at his cup, trying to figure out the motive behind the giant’s sudden concern. “I’m fine.”

Taecyeon narrowed his eyes. “No, you’re not. I can see…” He stilled when Wooyoung sighed.

“Hyung, really. I don’t need your pity.” He said in an icy tone, trying to rebuild the walls around him.

The older huffed and stood up. “Fine, suit yourself!” he snapped and went back into the house.

Wooyoung chuckled darkly. It was better this way. He would only break again if Taecyeon was nice to him. He leaned back and looked up at the sky. So different from the sky in his old home in Busan and even more from the one in America. Suddenly he wished he could go back with Jae.

---

Taecyeon cursed himself. Why in hell couldn’t he do anything right? Why did he always end up screwing it up? What was wrong with him?

“You’re in love with him.” Nichkhun’s voice startled him and he raised his eyebrows at the Thai. “Oh, don’t look at me like that, . You so fell for him the minute he stepped into this house.”

“What? That’s ridiculous.” Taec scoffed.

Khun completely ignored his protest. “Let me guess… You always search for him in a room?”

Yes. “No.”

“You notice every little detail of his face, without having to look probably?”

Yes. “No….”

“You find yourself smiling whenever he is?”

Yes. “…”

“You want to make him forget his past, so you can see that smile more often.” This time it wasn’t a question, but Taecyeon wouldn’t know what to answer anyway. So he only glared at his brother.

Ruffling his hair violently, he retreated from the room. “Shut up!”

---

“Wooyoung ah, we’re going to watch a movie together. Wanna come?” Chansung stuck his head out onto the terrace.

Smiling, the older stood up and nodded. He could use a distraction… the rum wasn’t working yet. He followed the maknae into the living room where almost everyone was sitting in front of the TV. Wooyoung sat down on the couch next to Nichkhun, since Chansung sat down on the floor next to Junho, who in turn was snuggled into Junsu’s arms.

It was a few minutes into the movie when Taecyeon walked in. He looked at the seat next to Wooyoung – the only place left -, but hesitated. Without looking up, the younger pulled him down by his wrist. The giant watched him questioningly, but Wooyoung kept his eyes on the movie. Not really knowing what to do with his arms he put the left one over the couch’s back behind the boy.

He felt weird.

After Nichkhun told him that he was in love with Newbie he rushed into his room to think. And he found no other explanation for his weird behaviour. Nothing. He did look for Wooyoung the moment he walked into a room, he did notice every little thing about him and he did like to see that stupid smile of him.

He loved to see that stupid smile.

Well .

---

Around half into the movie, Nichkhun suddenly felt something hit his shoulder. Surprised, he looked to his right, where a sleeping Wooyoung was leaning against him. He smiled brightly and risked a look at Taecyeon, who looked quiet spaced out. Slowly he pushed Wooyoung off his shoulder and right into Taec’s direction.

The giant winced when the younger’s head hit his shoulder and he widened his eyes at him. Nichkhun could swear he could see a faint blush in the dark. Grinning he observed his next reaction.

Taecyeon quickly placed his hand on Wooyoung’s shoulder when he seemed to slip forward. Sighing when he stayed asleep, he unconsciously leaned back to make it more comfortable for the younger. He held his breath when Wooyoung snuggled closer. A low chuckle made him look into the Thai’s direction and he saw Nichkhun’s grin. He quickly withdrew his hand what promptly caused Wooyoung to fall right into his lap.

The younger winced and woke. Sitting up slowly, he noticed in what kind of position he was – and with who – and backed off. “I… Sorry.” He mumbled and pulled his knees up to his chest to rest his reddening head on them.

Taecyeon could only stare at his thighs. His heart was beating like crazy and… oh god, yes, he was erected. Of course he was; awkward things like that just had to happen to him after all. “I need a shower.” He quickly stood up and rushed into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. He could swear he heard Nichkhun’s malicious chuckle.   

---

It was really weird the next few days. Sure, Wooyoung told Taecyeon he didn’t need to be nice to him just because he pitied him, but he didn’t expect the giant to avoid him. It wasn’t even like the time before his past came out. He didn’t glare at him anymore; no he didn’t even look at him. He just plainly ignored Wooyoung’s whole existence and that was even worse than the death looks.

It hurt.

Wooyoung kind of liked Taecyeon when he was caring. He really liked Taecyeon when he was caring. And it was hard to have the cold giant back. Taec had been only nice to him for one day for god’s sake and he still started crushing on him. Well, that the giant was smoking hot couldn’t be denied, but Wooyoung chose to ignore that fact when he behaved like a douche.

But when he hugged him… now that was a different story. And it’s ending was Wooyoung’s crush. But now Taecyeon avoided him and the younger couldn’t find out what his fast beating heart really meant.

“Woo ah, what are you doing? You’re not supposed to massacre that cabbage.” Junsu’s startled voice brought him out of his thoughts and he saw the mess he made.

“Ah! I’m so sorry, hyung” He quickly withdrew the knife and took a step back.

Nichkhun laughed from his spot at the stove. “It’s okay, Youngie. But hey, is something bothering you?” he asked, his voice turning concerned.

Junsu nodded his head. “Yeah, you’ve been acting pretty weird lately.” He hesitated. “You aren’t still thinking about… you know.”

Wooyoung looked down and even blushed slightly. “No, I… It’s not that.” And it really wasn’t. In fact, he didn’t think about his past at all since he told his new members about it.

Nichkhun started grinning brightly, but before he could say anything, Junsu chuckled. “Is it because of Taecyeon ah?” he asked cheerfully, startling both, the Thai and Wooyoung.

The knife fell out of the younger’s hand and he stared at his hyung with widened eyes. “W… What? Why… Why would it have anything to do with him?” he stuttered.

Nichkhun narrowed his eyes at Junsu. “Yeah, why exactly would it have anything to do with the giant?” he asked sceptically. Junsu couldn’t know, could he?

Junsu stared at them. “What? Was that supposed to be a secret?” he asked frowning.

Wooyoung blushed and quickly crouched down to get the knife. “I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” He mumbled.

Nichkhun rolled his eyes and glared at Junsu. The older raised his eyebrows and mouthed a ‘What?’ in his direction. Groaning, the Thai went over to the still gaping Wooyoung and took the knife from his hands. “Woo ah, why don’t you go and practice your dance. We can finish diner alone, yes?” The younger only nodded and walked out slowly. When he was just out of the door, he could hear Nichkhun whispering something to Junsu, but couldn’t understand what it was.

---

When he was sure that Wooyoung was out of hearing range, Nichkhun slapped the back of Junsu’s head. “Hyung, just what is wrong with you?”

“Ow, what did I do?” the older whined.

Nichkhun scoffed. “You can’t just ask him that so bluntly. You should know by now that he is as stubborn as Taecyeon himself; he wouldn’t just admit it easily.” He made a fist in front of his face. “You have to be careful and lure him into a trap.”

Junsu stared at him. “Khun, it’s Wooyoung, not the mafia.” He carefully pointed out.

The Thai sweat dropped. “I know that, but I was blunt with Taecyeon and you can see how that worked. He doesn’t talk to me for a week now.” He sighed.

The older rolled his eyes. “Well, that could be because you laughed at him.”

Nichkhun pouted. “I didn’t laugh at him, per se. I laughed at his awkward behaviour. Come one, hyung, you saw it, it was adorable.”

Junsu chuckled. “It kinda was.”

“Oh no, it kinda wasn’t.” The all too familiar deep voice growled from the kitchen entrance. “Why are you even talking about me behind my back?”

“If you weren’t in denial, we wouldn’t have to.” Junsu stood up and went to the stove as if he never said anything.

Taecyeon gasped. “I am so not…”

“Oh come one, Taec, just admit it already.” Nichkhun cut him off.

Taecyeon glared at him, but then smirked when an idea popped into his mind. “What about you then?” He asked challenging. “You always watch him. The first thing you asked me when he came to us was ‘Why does he have a scar under his left eye’, so you notice details, too. Do you love him as well, Khun?” he spat out, but instead of feeling victorious, he just felt… jealous. Oh god, what was wrong with him?

Nichkhun smiled brightly. “You’re right, I do love him.” Now that hurt like a . Taecyeon stumbled back a step, but the Thai followed into his personal space. “The only difference is that I don’t want to drag him into my cave and rip his clothes off.”

The giant blushed. “W… What do you mean?”

“What I mean is that I love him like a family member, like I love all of you.” The Thai explained. “And please don’t tell me you do, too, because I really wouldn’t want you to look at me like that.”

Junsu snickered, but he kind of felt bad for Taecyeon. He knew him well and knew that his control was everything to him. Being in love with someone you didn’t want to was hard, especially for people like the giant. “Taec, think about it. Don’t you notice that Wooyoung likes you back? He always sends you longing stares, what you would notice if you weren’t too busy with avoiding him like the plague.” The oldest said, trying to lessen his panic.

Taken aback Taecyeon sat down at the table. Nichkhun placed his palm on his shoulder. “Be honest, Taec, you already accepted that you like him.” He said softly. “Why can’t you admit it?”

“I… I’m afraid.” Now if that wasn’t an admission.

---

While dancing, Wooyoung took his time to think about everything. He was tired of running away from Taecyeon. He decided at a young age that he would never flee from any problem. Dancing always helped him. When he danced, he had no fear in the world and he could view his problems like an outsider and analyse them. When he danced, he was a different person.

Wooyoung always thought that running away from a situation wouldn’t solve it. That’s why he faced Jason after his assault and that’s why he would face Taecyeon. Yes, he was afraid of it, of rejection or even worse. A part of him was still the beat up boy, who wouldn’t trust anyone, but his brother. No matter how sure he was that Taecyeon would never hurt him physically, he still felt his heart running crazy in his chest when he thought about telling him.

But he liked Taecyeon, no matter how he acted towards him. He liked his toothy grin when he was happy about something, he liked the way his face lit up when they all accomplished something together and he liked the way he cared about his band members, even for Wooyoung. So he would face Taecyeon and confess. He never ran away from something and he definitely wouldn’t start now.

“You shouldn’t overwork yourself, Woo hyung.” Junho’s voice entered his thoughts and he looked up to see him standing in the doorway. “You’ve been in here for over an hour.” He stepped in and offered Wooyoung a water bottle.

“Thanks.” The older gladly accepted it and drank a few long sips. “I needed to think. Dancing helps.”

 “Does it? I need to try that.” Junho smiled. “What did you think about?”

Wooyoung hesitated, but Junho had become a really good friend to him, so he could tell him, right? “Taecyeon.”

The younger raised his eyebrows. “What about him?”

The older took a deep breath. “I’m gonna confess to him.”

Junho widened his eyes. “Really? Great, maybe Taec hyung will stop moping then.” He grinned.

Wooyoung was taken aback. “Moping?”

The younger looked at him, like he grew a second head. “What, you didn’t notice? He’s been pining for you ever since you entered the house.”

Wooyoung scoffed. “That’s ridiculous, he hated me. At least I hope that he hated me and doesn’t hate me still.” He mumbled more to himself.

Junho laughed. “Oh come one, hyung. He was totally pulling your braids.” When the older just looked at him blankly, he stopped laughing. “You know, like five year olds do, when they like a girl? Pulling her braids?” Wooyoung still looked confused. “Oh hyung… Taec always acts like a child when he has a crush. And with you he acts particularly childish.”

The older shook his head. “Why would he do that? Why can’t he just come up to me and act like a grown up?” he asked unbelievingly.

Junho smiled reassuringly. “I guess he was just afraid.” Afraid? Well, Wooyoung knew how that felt. “Taec hyung is a person who needs control over every little thing. And this is definitely not a situation he has control over. He was panicking.”

The older sighed. That’s what Nichkhun told him on his second day. Could it be true what Junho said? Could Taec like him back? “Do you really…?” His sentence was cut off when the door opened.

---

Taecyeon froze in the doorway when he saw Junho with Wooyoung. He had hoped to find the boy alone; he felt awkward and insecure enough. “Uh… Junho, could you please leave us alone for a moment?” he asked stiffly.

The called squeezed Wooyoung’s shoulder and made his way out. They were alone.

Just as Taec was about to say something, he heard that the music changed. He frowned when he heard the new song playing. “That’s Jason Kim’s song, why are you listening to it?” The words came out harsher than he intended.

The younger sighed and turned the volume down. ”I don’t know. I guess it’s a kind of self punishment?” It sounded more like a question than an answer.

“Self punishment? For what? You didn’t do anything wrong.” His raged voice became louder. “You…”

“I know, I didn’t” Wooyoung quickly interrupted him. “It just kind of feels that way sometimes.” He sat down on the bench and took the water bottle to have something for his hands to do. God, he was nervous. Taecyeon remained where he was in the middle of the room, staring at him with narrowed eyes. “You know, everyone always asks me if he ever tried to apologize for what he did to us.” He looked up to look at him. “He did. Once, around two months afterwards, but I turned him down.”

The giant scoffed. “Of course you did! What he did was unforgivable.”

Wooyoung smiled slightly, but then frowned. “The funny thing is, I would’ve forgiven him. If he had truly apologized to me, I would’ve forgiven him in a heartbeat, because he was a kind of family to me. In a way I even loved him back.” He admitted and Taecyeon gritted his teeth. He hated to hear the younger’s voice like that. Monotone and emotionless, it sounded wrong on him. “But maybe that was my mistake.”

The older narrowed his eyes again. “What do you mean?” What was he talking about? What Jason did to him wasn’t his fault, nothing of it.

“Like I said, he didn’t really apologize. He said he was sorry, but he also added that it was my fault anyway.” For the second time in his life, Taecyeon felt the need to murder someone. Twice the same person. “Back then I just snapped and rejected him immediately. Not because of what he did to me, or of what he accused me, but because I felt that he ruined Jae’s whole life, just because he didn’t know that I was merely friendly. That’s what made it unforgiveable to me.” The plastic bottle cracked in his tight grip. “Me? What did he do to me? A few punches, now I’m fine.” Taecyeon wanted to tell him that it was not fine at all, but the slight break in his voice stopped him from interfering. “No entertainment will take Park Jaebeom, because of his lie and sometimes I can’t help but feel that it’s my fault.”

The older growled low in his throat. “Nothing of this is your fault, what would make you even think that it was?”

Wooyoung looked down. “He told me it was my fault. Because I was teasing him. Leading him on, he said. Sometimes I wonder if I really was a tease, if what he said was right.” His voice became quieter. ”If I was really leading him on and deserved what he did to me. And that it’s my fault that my brother is on plane back to the USA instead of a Korean stage.”

Taecyeon stepped closer and pulled his chin up to meet his eyes. “Nothing of this is your fault, believe me. Jason Kim is a psycho and you definitely didn’t deserve what he did to you.” He said slowly and firmly. “Don’t do this to yourself.”

The younger cursed quietly, when he felt tears welling up. No one’s ever said something like this to him, besides Jaebeom. “I know… Jay repeated it often enough. But I can’t help it.” He helplessly let the tears run, closing his eyes tightly. Taec sat down next to him and closed his arms around his shoulders. He didn’t know that the scar ran that deep and he wanted more than ever to mend it.

---

After a while Wooyoung laughed weakly. “What is it with you? I didn’t cry in a year and with you it was two times in a week.”

Taecyeon chuckled. “Sorry…”

“No, thank you.” Wooyoung looked up at him. “Really.”

The older smiled hesitantly and slowly pulled his arms away, “Can I ask you something?”

“Yes, I guess.” The answer was still a bit shaky and Taecyeon wondered if he should continue. But he needed to know.

“Why did it never come out? You know, that it wasn’t your brother, who did this?” he carefully asked.

Wooyoung sighed. “I told you that Jae hyung did everything to pull Jason away from me. Well, he threw a few punches to succeed and unfortunately that’s when our manager walked in.” he started to play with the bottle again. “Jae hyung never had a very good reputation. He often got into fights. So who would you believe? SoS’ trouble maker or the good boy with a freshly broken nose?” he scoffed.

Taec frowned. “But surely you tried to tell them the truth?”

“Of course, I did. Bud sadly, although Jason is a bastard, he’s a smart one. He just told them that I hit my head and didn’t know what I was talking about.” Once again the water bottle cracked, so Taecyeon chose to take it away from him and took his hand instead. His own were shaking lightly.

“And they believed him? That’s ridiculous!” he gritted his teeth.

Wooyoung chuckled darkly. “I know, but the media already got a hold of the story and fans believe everything they read.” He sighed and squeezed Taec’s hand softly. “I later tried to reason with my manager, but it was too late. Jaebeom was already kicked out of the entertainment. He hasn’t been allowed to even visit me in the hospital.”

---

The older didn’t know what to say, because he felt that nothing would be enough, so he simply squeezed his hand and remained silent. Wooyoung smiled at the contact and thought about Junho’s words. “You know, hyung, I always believed that being courageous didn’t mean being fearless, but facing your fears.” He said quietly. “Do you have something you’re afraid of?”

Surprised by the sudden change of topic, Taec raised his eyebrows. Yes, you, he thought, because of the things you do to me. “No.” He chose to lie.

Wooyoung stared at him, trying to look through his obvious lie. When he didn’t succeed, he sighed. “I don’t like to run away from my problems, hyung. I faced my fear when I faced Jason after everything he did to us. I faced my fear when I told all of you about him. And I’ll face my fear now.” Wooyoung turned to face him.

Taecyeon widened his eyes slightly when his hand grazed his arm. Wooyoung linked his other hand around the back of his neck, slowly. Leaning in, he waited for a reaction from him, but Taec only looked into his eyes curiously. So he closed his eyes and pressed his lips against the elder’s.

The kiss was shy and short, more of a peck really, but when Wooyoung started to pull away, Taecyeon took the control and pulled their bodies together. The younger gasped a bit when he felt his body heat and the giant took the opportunity to part his lips with his tongue, kissing him slowly with care. He softly ran his hand through Wooyoung’s hair and angled his head to deepen the kiss.

When both needed air, they pulled away only slightly, lips still almost touching. “W… What?” Wooyoung blinked helplessly, breathing hard. He thought Taec would push him away, laugh at him and a small part of him even feared that he would hit him. But he never - not in a million years – imagined him to kiss back. “Why…?”

“I’m facing my fear, Wooyoung ah.” The younger’s heart skipped a beat when the giant said his name. It was the first time he addressed him with it, he noticed. “You are my fear. I’m afraid of the feelings I have for you. I’m afraid of how easily you could hurt me. But mostly I’m afraid of losing you, even though I never had you in the first place.” He laughed nervously.

The confession latterly took Wooyoung’s breath away. “I really like you, Wooyoung ah. And I’m sorry that I was such a jerk to you. I promise, even when you don’t like me back, I’ll never…” His sentence was cut off when the younger threw his arms around his neck, giving him a fierce short kiss.

“Would I’ve kissed you in the first place, if I didn’t like you back?” Wooyoung grinned at him, but Taecyeon could only stare. Then a slow smile appeared on his face and he pulled him into his arms, laughing relieved. “I really like you, too, Taecyeon.”

---

“What’s happening?

“Shht!”

“Come one, hyung tell me.”

“Oh my god, they are kissing, they are kissing!”

“What? Show me, show me.”

“Stop pushing, you idiot, the door…”

A yelp caused Taecyeon and Wooyoung to jump apart. The door had fallen open and revealed four members lying on top of each other.

Nichkhun coughed. “Uh… sorry.”