JunSeung: Stranger in the Cab

Seoul, Saranghae.

Main characters: Hyunseung, Junhyung.

Rate: PG.

Genre: Romance, fluff.

oOo

   Hyunseung was standing on the front steps, dumbfounded for a moment before stomping his feet and yelling at the rain:

   “Yah! Do you really have to do this? I’m freaking tired now and it’s no help of you raining cats and dogs like this!”

   “It’s not normal talking to yourself, you know.” One of his colleagues, Eunkwang, walked by and whispered.

   “I’m not talking to you.” Eunkwang’s mischevious smirk was plastered on his face as he turned his back and walked away, disappearing into the pouring rain. Hyunseung gaped at him for a second, but as he remembered the condition that he was in, he cursed one more time before covering his head and heading to the yellow cab in front of the building, which stood out like a little moving sun from the gloomy color of the sky.

   “Finally!” Hyunseung slammed the door next to him and let out a sigh of relief. The cabbie looked at him through the mirror as he asked. “Where to, sir?”

   Hyunseung was about to answer when he heard someone slam the door and sat down next to him. He looked at the latter only to see a stranger with his long bangs dripping wet and sunglasses ready to fall down from his nose. Hyunseung glared at him and scoffed. What kind of person would wear sunglasses during this kind of season?

   “CUBE Entertainment, please.” Said the stranger, who was now dusting the raindrops away from his leather jacket, even causing some to splash on Hyunseung. The latter frowned unpleasingly, and as the car began to move on the opposite direction of where he wanted to go, he stomped his feet and yelled at the stranger:

   “Yah, this is my cab!”

   “Eh?” The stranger turned around, seeming like he didn’t even notice the presence of Hyunseung ever since he stepped on the cab. Chuckling at the sight of Hyunseung crossing his arms, the stranger replied coldly:

   “I believe I got here first.”

   “It’s just because you’re too cocky to look around and make sure if there was someone else here!” Hyunseung yelled back, hot blood streaming up his face as he told the cabbie to stop the car. The cabbie seemed to be pretty amused as he smirked and pulled over.

   “Alright, if you want it, then it’s yours!” Hyunseung angrily got out of the car, but he was happy inside that the rain finally stopped. He stomped his feet on a puddle nearby, splashing water all around the place and sighed at the thought that he had to walk quite a long way to find a cab in this area. Just then, he heard the sound of a door being slammed, and soon after that Hyunseung found a hand placing on his shoulder. Turning back, he saw the stranger panting heavily and muttering through his breath:

   “I paid the cabbie already. Just get on it and count it as an apology from me.”

   “Whatever.” Hyunseung snatched himself back and started to walk again, annoyed by the thought that he had been already teased by two weirdos in a day. The stranger pulled him back with a surprising strength, and then placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Just for one moment, and then they parted. The stranger smirked as Hyunseung’s face got redder and redder, but still looked perfectly normal. Hyunseung covered his face and widened his eyes in a hopeless effort of trying to say something, but he felt like something was choking him. It wasn’t that he was shy or something, but they’re both guys for God’s sake! They shouldn’t be kissing each other in public like that!

   “I… You… We…” Finally he choked some words out. Well, as if they could be counted as words. The stranger chuckled and pulled him closer once again, whispering into Hyunseung’s ear:

   “Just hesitate it and I’ll kiss you once again. And I warn you first, the last one was nothing of a real kiss.”

   “F… Fine!” Hyunseung stammered as he broke free from the pedo’s grasp and stomped his way back to the cab. The stranger his bangs arrogantly and waved along as the cabbie drove off. Hyunseung gaped at him another time before turning to his knees. He let out a long moan and buried his face in his hands. Like these deadlines aren’t enough for me, he thought and glared at his bag, which was only full of paper as he knew it. The heat still didn’t leave his cheeks yet, and there was a weird feeling inside his chest. First it was a gentle thump of his heart, followed by something that seemed like he choked on something. Then it hurts a bit. Great, Hyunseung rolled his eyes, now something is wrong with me. Maybe I’ll get to the doctor as soon as I finish this…

oOo

   But as much as he wants it…

   Hyunseung was staring blankly as his shot glass, his hands covering his ears as if that would make the thumping music feel better for his overwhelmed head. Hyunseung was never the kind of person that enjoyed partying – he was much more of a workaholic – but he was dragged here with his colleagues, and had no choice but to reluctantly accept their offers for a few shots. He and alcohol were much like chalk and cheese – so much different and have nothing to deal with each other – but he was sure that they didn’t like each other that much. His head was spinning around after one sip of cognac, and now he could barely sit still on the stool. Tapping his forehead gently, Hyunseung started to swing his legs until he heard someone squealed. A bit startled, he jumped down from the stool with his defense mood set on high, only to see a bunch of girls surrounding someone else. He raised his eyebrows a bit but soon got tired of it and turned away. Doojoon, his best friend, appeared out of nowhere and patted his shoulder casually as he found himself a comfortable seat on one of the stools.

   “Congratulations on that awesome presentation, Hyunseung. You are definitely going to hit the top of your job faster than you think.” Doojoon smirked and Hyunseung rolled his eyes, knowing that the older was too much of a joker to talk about things like that seriously.

   “Don’t remind me of it. I’ve had enough of deadlines chasing me in my sleep.” Mumbling under his breaths, Hyunseung took another sip of whisky, careless if he would be knocked out or something like that and tried to find something to change the subject. That’s when he spotted a cold smirk in the center of the crowd and pointed at it:

   “What’s with all of the squealing and proposing? Who is that dude anyway?”

   “You really can’t care less about everything except from your work, right?” Doojoon sighed and said. “It’s CUBE Entertainment’s famous composer and producer, Junhyung something. He himself is more famous than any other idols in the same company, and he surely knows what he is good at. That…” Doojoon flicked Hyunseung’s forehead. “… is what happens when the hottie shows up. Just wait till that playboy begins to seduce the ladies. Yoseob is in there too, and I wouldn’t mind if he stayed out from trouble for a second. I’m too freaking tired of taking care of him all the time, really.”

   “It’s your business.” Hyunseung replied as he shoved his hands into the pockets and felt something inside it. Surprised, he took it out and saw a business card. Hyunseung didn’t even know where it came from – he hasn’t worn that jacket since that f**king erted pedo kissed him. Frowning a bit because the lights inside the bar weren’t enough for him to read the card easily; Hyunseung finally got the meaning of those classy writings:

Yong Junhyung – Composer & Producer

CUBE Entertainment

   Hyunseung spent five more minutes to decode the weirdo’s number and before he could say anything, he was already dialing the number. The guy was drunk; you can’t blame him for that after all.

   As the crowd stopped talking when Junhyung’s ringtone sounded along the bar, Hyunseung froze on his spot, realizing why had he been seeing the name familiar. .

   “Hello?” That Junhyung guy raised his voice in an annoyed tone. “Who are you?”

   “Jang Hyunseung…” The drunken workaholic mumbled half a sentence, and then shut up. He didn’t even know what to do; and things were getting a little bit confusing for him.

   “Why can you have my number?” Junhyung continued his interrogation. “Where are you?”
   “Right in front of you…” Hyunseung halted, and saw Junhyung looked around in confusion. The latter’s lips curved into a smirk as he spoke into his luxurious smartphone. “Oh, there you are, pretty boy. Wait a minute and I’ll be right over.”

   Things were starting to spin around in circles as Junhyung moved towards Hyunseung and grabbed his wrist. Doojoon disappeared somewhere already, and as the fangirls screamed in jealousy, Hyunseung kind of out.

oOo

   The next thing he knew was the scene of a private room inside the bar. Junhyung was blocking the door, his smirk turned into a grin as Hyunseung turned around and sat up.

   “You know you’re a bit heavy for a pretty boy.”

   “Shut up, weirdo.”

   “You are the one who was stalking my phone!”

   “You are the one who kissed me!” Hyunseung yelled back, his cheeks and eyes were burning as Doojoon’s voice echoed in his brain. Just wait till that playboy begins to seduce the ladies. “Now you are acting all nice and what do you want from me, huh? I’m not that kind of person, okay? Next time try to find a normal hooker, okay? Someone who is from the opposite !”

   “Geez, why so serious?” Junhyung shrugged and stared at Hyunseung for a while. The latter clutched onto his own shirt as the pain in his chest became more and more intense. Why was he feeling like that? Why did he want to cry at the thought of Junhyung, that e, was a playboy? Was he scared? Was he… jealous of those girls? Was he…

   In love? Hyunseung’s eyes widened as the question hit him, feeling like being buried under a tidal wave and an earthquake as the same time. But the answer was now certain. As Junhyung cupped his hands around Hyunseung’s face and kissed his tears away, the latter felt like he was going to blow up any seconds later. His head went blah blah blah; his eyes were closing bit by bit as Junhyung’s tongue started swirling around in his mouth; his heart was thumping like crazy and his legs were as soft as boiled spaghetti. Seeming to know that Hyunseung was going to fall soon, Junhyung wrapped his arms around the other’s waist and whispered:

   “Don’t worry pretty boy, I’ve got you.”

   Hyunseung startled and parted himself from the kiss; and Junhyung just chuckled arousedly as the sight of his victim’s face getting redder and redder as time passed by. He kissed Hyunseung’s forehead and took him out of the room, whispering quietly:

   “Want a drink, pretty boy? Let’s celebrate this: you’re all mine now.”

   Hyunseung stayed silent and leaned closer to Junhyung, relieved that the pain finally stopped. As his newfound, easily accepted boyfriend twisted the door open, Hyunseung felt a shiver down along his spine, knowing that he would never have a chance to stay away from that stranger in the cab’s charm. Never ever.

Stranger in the Cab – End./.

Author’s words: Well, first update, as I promised. Anyway I still think it’s a little more awkward and ty-like than it was supposed to be. Okay enough with this. BaekRen’s Change, coming soon to Seoul, Saranghae!