Ch. 4: Escaping temper

Quiet Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**

It was unusually quiet. Of course it was, everyone was already in their respective classes by now. Only squeaks of the friction produced by their shoes against the polished floor, echoing along the empty hallway. The tension was unbareable. Where are we going? Chaeyoon could only ask herself, wondering of the whole situation.

Judging by the route they were taking, Chaeyoon was guessing they were going to the girls' class, which was proven accurate when they stopped right at the last corner, eyeing the closed door for their distance.

"Once the classes are over, get out as fast as you can" Dongwoo spoke in a stern tone, a side that she never knew the hyper-bubbly boy had. Nerve-wrecking.

Hyemi looked rather calm, shrugging and replied, "I know the drill, guys. I'll be fine"

No she wasn't. Chaeyoon felt the latter's hand shaking in her clasp. The grip got tighter too, nails pressuring her irritating skin. 

The three boys turned their heads towards the girl, her unaffected by the gesture but Chaeyoon was, shrinking backwards.

"You might be. Chaeyoon? Did you think of her?" Woohyun snapped.

"Woohyun, don't" Sunggyu intercepted the intense glarings between the two, squeezing Woohyun's shoulder to calm him down.

"Just get inside. I've already sent text to Howon and Sungyeol. They'd keep an eye on Myungsoo"

 

 

 

Class was as normal as ever. Myungsoo too, sleeping to oblivion. Howon and Sungyeol kept passing notes in between glances, and passing one each to Chaeyoon and Hyemi.

The note said: 'You'll follow Sungyeol afterwards. He'll bring you home, once the coast is clear'

"I don't really understand what's the big deal about this"

Chaeyoon inwardly sighed, her eyes still focus to the board in front. Her mind, however had left the room, only to be filled with questions. 

Myungsoo had been switching positions, which he rarely done once he placed his head on the desk. There wasn't even snores. 

Should she be worried?

 

 

 

The bells had rung.

School's over for today.

Chaeyoon was about to gather her belongings when she felt her uniform being yanked. Not again. Her head snapped to the direction of the jerk, narrowing her eyes in irritation, to see his deskmate's fingers twisting the hem of her shirt.  

Uh-oh.

She forgot about their escape plan. Why are they running, again?

Sungyeol chopped the hands holding Chaeyoon on place, breaking the bond, before taking her out of the class. Hyemi and Howon was long gone, judging from the books and stationaries being left abandoned on the desk.

"Sungyeol! Let go!" Chaeyoon whimpered, trying to push his hand away.

Her pained wrist was in Sungyeol's hold. It started to swell and the pain was unbearable.

"I'm sorry but I don't want you to get caught"

Sungyeol took big strides, thanks to his long limbs. She almost tripped but maintain to keep her balance just to keep up with him. He noticed the struggle, yet couldn't slow down for the sake of her safety. Glancing between his shoulder, he could see Myungsoo calmly following them, with great distance separating them. 

"Come on!" Sungyeol pulled Chaeyoon with greater force, picking up speed but Chaeyoon had other plan up in her sleeve.

 

 

 

Hyemi and Howon stay seated at one of the designated benches around the school field, the furthest from any academic buildings. The senior kids instructed them to wait at the specific spot while they took over Sungyeol's daily job to his brother from his school. They were waiting for Chaeyoon and Sungyeol too. It was their meeting point for today's wrath. Myungsoo's wrath.

Sungjong's school is about 10 minutes away but Sungyeol insisted on keeping the boy accompany at all times (not literally, but still-), thus the ushering. Frankly speaking, the group had considered the younger as an independent kid. Different from Sungyeol, he is pretty sloppy, he's the one who actually needed supervision. It's supposed to be the other way around.

Howon was jittery, legs jumping up and down. Hyemi looked rather relaxed, swinging her feet to and fro. Howon eyed the latter in disbelieve, nudging her with his elbow. 

"What?"

"Be scared! Anything but smiling!" Howon had his arms flailing above his head.

"Why should I?" One of her eyebrows was up, staring at Howon, smirk plastered on her lips.

"Hmm I don't know. Maybe because you made Myungsoo into L?"

L is Myungsoo's alter ego. Not a split-personality disorder. Just- well, just Myungsoo being vicious.

Hyemi tried to stop herself from a giggling fit, cove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter