Invasion

Unpredictable

"Chen, any activity yet?" I ask.

"No, not yet."

"Xiumin, you're sure we've covered all the possible entrances?" I ask anxiously.

"Yes," both Xiumin and Chen reply slightly exasperatedly.

"Sorry! I'm just worried!"

"It's okay," Xiumin rubs his temples. "I am too. I keep having this feeling that I'm missing something..."

I look at him. Should I tell him? Xiumin's one of the most trustworthy people I've ever met. And I remember Luhan saying Xiumin never lies. If there's anyone I trust here, it's Xiumin. And we need someone experienced on our side that we can trust completely. I decide to take this risk. But Chen I'm still not sure about so I turn the communicator off, just to be sure.

"What are you doing?" Xiumin asks sharply. I look at him.

"I'm gonna tell you something because I trust you, alright? But I can change my mind in a second and I won't go easy on anybody, so." He looks at me strangely.

"Go on."

"There's a traitor in EXO-M." He looks at me steadily.

"Who knows apart from you?"

"Jade, Luhan, Lay, Tao and Kris."

"The retrieve team."

"Yes."

"Now I know why I felt there was something wrong," he facepalms. "How did you know?"

"I'm sorry Xiumin, but I promised not to tell," I apologise.

"Alright," he sighs. "There's nothing much we can do about it... we'll just have to stay alert. Ask Chen if there's anything yet." I turn the communicator back on to be bombarded by Chen.

"Oh my god! Adrienne! You're finally back!" Chen yells in my ear and I cringe. "There's big trouble! EXO-K's gone down to the living room! Get up there now!"

"Damn," I curse. I turn off the communicator for a few minutes and boom, all hell breaks loose.

"Living room. Now," I tell Xiumin urgently and he understands completely and together, we run up the stairs only to be met with utter chaos. Ice and fire and lightning and water and furniture flying around everywhere--- we duck just in time as the sofa flies straight at us. I scan the area in a second. A really tall guy is fighting Elise, ice against fire, and I'm guessing he's Chanyeol. Chen's novice and Luhan's novice are battling fiercely against four enemies--- a girl who's teleporting around them quick as lightning trying to wound them with a knife, another girl who's trying to drown them with writhing, gel-like water, and a third girl and a man who aren't displaying any signs of powers. I'm guessing the first two are Kai and Suho's novices. But where's Jade?

Without hesitation Xiumin charges towards Elise to help her fight fire with more ice, but I duck back behind the wall of the staircase.

"Chen," I whisper worriedly, "where's Jade?"

"She's... I can't see her anywhere!"

"Can you rewind the videos or something?" I ask desperately. "I need to know where she is. She can barely fight."

"Got it, wait a sec---" I hear him muttering under his breath. "I found it! What the---"

"Where is she?" I ask eagerly.

"This is about a minute ago... she's sneaking off with a boy," he gasps. "He's from EXO-K!"

"Any idea who he is?" I think I know.

"No, but they were headed to the dorms. There aren't any cameras there so they've gone off the grid."

"Right. I'm going to find her," I tell him grimly and turn off the communicator, creeping towards the dorms, making sure no one sees me. I have a hunch that it's Sehun and they're in Luhan and Lay's room.

Or, maybe it's someone else and he's killed Jade already. Maybe it's Kai, a nasty voice in my head says.

Shut up, I tell it irritably. Great, even my own head won't give me a break. Even so, I take out a dagger and throw open the door to see a knife appear at my throat.

"Dammit Sehun, that's Adrienne," Jade sighs exasperatedly.

"Oh. Sorry," Sehun says sheepishly, removing his knife and pulling me in, shutting the door behind him.

"What the hell are you two doing here?!" I almost shout, but I manage to keep my voice down.

"Oh, that's a wonderfully warm welcome for your cousin you haven't seen in years," Sehun replies sarcastically. I've missed his sarcasm.

"You're welcome," I shoot back.

"God, the two of you, would you stop it already?" Jade cries. We look at her.

"Sorry," we mutter together. Sehun grabs me around the neck and rubs his knuckles into my head.

"Get off me you oaf," I groan, pushing him away.

"Aw come on, you know you like that," he flashes me a toothy smile and I can't help smiling back and launching myself at him.

"God, I've missed you so much," I murmur into his chest, hugging him tight. He hugs me back.

"STOP IT YOU TWO!" Jade yells and pulls us apart. We look at her sheepishly.

"Sehun you know better than this! What about Luhan?!" she cries in anguish. We burst into laughter.

"Okay, this is highly inappropriate---" he chokes.

"But we've always been like this," I tell her.

"So I'm not cheating on Lulu if that's what you're saying," he finishes. We high five each other and Jade just sighs like a mother.

"But honestly," I gulp, trying to calm down, " there's a war going on out there and you guys need to get out there."

"I can't fight," Jade points out. I turn to look at Sehun.

"No way," he says stubbornly, crossing his arms. "I'm not gonna fight against you guys until Luhan comes back and we find a way to tell the rest of you I'm on your side."

"You are such a baby." I rub my temples. "Well I'm going back out so enjoy yourselves here," I say dryly before going back out and turning the communicator back on.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT!!!!! IT'S OFFICIALLY MY SUMMER HOLIDAYS YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I was up till 3 in the morning writing this and the next chapter /_\ and guess what. I was too sleepy and I wasn't thinking straight and I messed up so I'm re-writing the next chapter all over again. argh

butbutbutbutbut. THANK YOU OH THANK YOU FOR THE 22 SUBBIES AND 1166 VIEWS. <3 <3 <3