I do.

I do.

 

 

Chanyeol is absolutely in love with Baekhyun, and he don't even remember when he fell for him.

 

Maybe it was when they were child and they met for the very first time. They were both around four years old and casually playing around the park, Chanyeol noticed that cute kid alone by his own, with no one to play with, and decided to go to him.

«Hi!»

He said with his cheerful voice, but seemed like the other didn't noticed his presence so he decided to stand there until he would answer him. The little kid just stood up his gaze, flashed a cute little smile and started to look around for something that turned out to be a puppy plush that handed to him.

Or maybe it was when weeks later that they met he found his Baeky crying silently after that someone had pushed him aside while he was playing in the sandbox.

Or maybe years later when they spent all the day together ending the date falling asleep side by side.

 

But Chanyeol stopped to search that moment realizing that maybe he started to love him not in a specific moment and that he was in love even before he met him. He knows he loves him and it was all that he need to know. All he need is to have him by his side, now and ahead. Baekhyun is his everything: his first love, his first kiss, his first boyfriend, his first time and soon his first husband. First and only.

 

He can’t hold himself from starting to have flashback about their past. Like when he confessed to Baekhyun his love.

 

It was just a normal day, like every day. After school Chanyeol went to Baekhyun not really with the intention to tell him what he was feeling. It was right that he was keeping his feelings for too long, but he didn’t want to show up to his best friend like ‘Hey, you know, I love you’ and plus he didn’t want to. Or at least he didn’t want to until he arrived there. Seeing him again, feeling him near but at the same time he wasn’t near as he wanted. It’s not a clear concept to understand, but neither Chanyeol’s mind was so clear. He thought a lot of time to tell him when he was lying on his bed, but always he thought that he couldn’t do that for their relationship. But, again, seeing him that they made him go out of his mind. He didn’t had the strength or the ability to tell him ‘Hey, I love you’ looking in his eyes. He took a paper that was there, wrote the words I love you, really love you trembling while Baekhyun was busy searching something he wanted to show to him and then he left it there. When the other boy turned around he noticed the post-it and read it: his eyes went wide in shock, he couldn’t believe what he was reading so he looked at him trying find a hint of joke in his eyes, but what he saw was a really concerned look. Chanyeol didn’t know what to do, he saw different expressions going through his face and then he saw his head shook and nothing more counted for him. He didn’t even noticed that Baekhyun had just pushed him out of his room locking the door just behind him. He was frozen, he realized that he had messed up everything and that nothing was going to be the same. He didn’t even realized that Baekhyun’s mom had come near him what was going on and why he was crying, ‘cause it was like that: some soft tears were running over his cheeks, but he didn’t felt them.

And he didn’t know that also Baekhyun were crying, just like him.

 

After that episode Baekhyun decided to avoid the boy, it was pretty easy thanks the fact that they were attending different schools, but too hard for they heart. Chanyeol always tried to go at Baekhyun’s, but his mom always said that he was out or he was still at school. He was so desperate: he didn’t know what to do, he didn’t wanted that to end like this. At least he wanted him to tell he thought about him. Chanyeol tried his best to be able to catch him, but he was just so good at hiding. He gave up after some weeks and decided just to leave a text to his phone.

 

From: Chanyeol

To: Baekhyun

 

You might hate me now, but just tell me that. I can’t stand you avoiding me, I messed up everything and I know it. Just tell me that you’re ok, tell me that you don’t want to see my face again and I’ll try to accept that. Please.

 

He thought that text will be another of the billions texts without reply of his while lying on his bed starting to add more tears into his pillow, but he was surprised when he felt his phone vibrating.

There it was the waited answer.

From: Baekhyun

To: Chanyeol

 

I don’t hate you. Just, stay away from me. It hurts.

 

He couldn’t understand what the other boy was saying: first he says that he doesn’t hate him and then he says to stay away. Chanyeol was so confused that he didn’t really know to reply.

 

From: Chanyeol

To: Baekhyun

 

What that means? Huh? For god’s sake! I just want you to tell me the truth. If you hate me that’s ok.

 

From: Baekhyun

To: Chanyeol

 

You’re an idiot. I told you I don’t hate you. Just… you don’t have to love me. That’s… wrong.

 

Is he some kind of homophobe? Chanyeol thought to himself. It was the first time that he wasn’t getting what Baekhyun wanted to say: usually he was the one to finish correctly his phrase, or he was the one who answered to one of his questions before he could finish his question. But in that moment he couldn’t catch and feel what he was saying.

 

From: Chanyeol

To: Baekhyun

 

Why? Why is that so wrong for you? Are you homophobe? Dude, seriously. I can’t understand.

 

From: Baekhyun

To: Chanyeol

 

What? No! Absolutely not! I’m not homophobe… It’s wrong and stop. Plaease. Stop with all this. Don’t contact me anymore, don’t try to come and catch me again. Live your own life…

 

That was way too much that he was going to stand that day from him. He needed to look him straight in his face. He wanted him to repeat that words face to face. He jumped from his bed and started to run pass the hallway, to his front door and then into the streets, straight to Baekhyun’s home. He was sure he was at home and if his mom was going to say again that he was out, well, he was going to burst into his house without a permission. He wanted to see his eyes, just to look at them and understand that he had to give up. Baekhyun’s mom didn’t say a word, she just smiled at the boy and indicated to go in his room.

When he entered he found the boy lying on is bed on a fetal pose, his shoulders were going up and down like he was sobbing. He went to sat by his side, he placed his hands over the other boy’s arm and waited for a reaction. Baekhyun didn’t really expected Chanyeol to be there, he wanted him to go away, stay away from him. He couldn’t accept his love. He always thought about it, he understood that between them there was other than a simply friendship, but he always had pushed this thought away. He couldn’t allow Chanyeol to love him. He could deal with the pain into his chest but he couldn’t deal with ruining Chanyeol’s life. He turned around to see the latter’s puffy and red eyes stares him. He lost his will looking at him and he knew it was going to happen so he decided to give up and confess to him.

 

Chanyeol looked into Baekhyun’s eyes, they were watery and fresh tears were on the corners. He saw how many expressions they had while he realized he was there. And then…

I love you too.

 

It was that. That was the thing Baekhyun had to say to Chanyeol, he cleary motioned those words. But he stopped the other boy to start and talk. He picked up a paper, not really feeling to be able to express himself.

 

I love you too, but I can’t allow you to love me. That’s too annoying. Please, do what I’ve told you. Live your own life.

 

And that was all. Baekhyun knew that loving him was annoying, he knew that loving a deaf was frustrating. He knew it, even his mom said that. He catch her words when he was a child when she surely didn’t know the little boy was able to read lips’ motion, and he didn’t want to annoy Chanyeol too.

 

You’re an idiot.

 

Chanyeol quickly wrote on the same paper and then pressed his lips on the other’s.

 

After some years now they are going to get marry. After that day they started to dating like a real couple, they didn’t ever broke up once. Yes, they surely have fights, but they never doubted about each other’s feelings. They are way too in love to do that.

 

Baekhyun is absolutely in love with Chanyeol, and he don't even remember when he fell for him. And he don’t want to know.

He just know he’s going to marry him. All is settled: their friends are waiting out for him, Chanyeol is waiting out for him. He looks into his own eyes in the mirror smiling widely. It’s the moment, the nervousness doesn’t even want to leave in peace his stomach.

He goes out, he meet the other’s gazes, he feel the happiness all over the place, he feel his lover’s eyes on him.

 

And there it is the waited moment. There it is the simply words they shared:

I do.

There it is a long life for them to live together.